It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:03 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: A better bath? (D2 LE open)
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:55 am 

Yukinaga turns to his brother "You know that was in rather poor taste when the girl was clearly going through something." His face was stern and his tone reproachful.

Carries: Daisho, Tanto
When appropriate: Light Armor and yumi with arrows

Theme Profile

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:59 am 

Matsu Mogami wrote:
Mogami stands and follows Homura, saying nothing and keeping her head low.

The two budoka move to follow the women inside the bathhouse as well, their concern evident on their faces.

"Remain outside, this is a samurai matter" Homurai said to the two Budoka, giving them a nod "I respect your wish to protect your Commander, however she is safe in my hands."

Well, safe from harm....

With her point made, she directed Mogami inwards, and once they were out of view placed her hand on the womans arm.

"It is ok Matsu-sama. Take your time, I will remain with you and listen to what you wish to say."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:02 am 

"In retrospect, yes, dear brother, however I was unaware of the matter at the time." Degarashi turned to look Yukinaga in the eyes. "I do doubt I'll be given a chance to make amends at this point."

Typically carries: Wakizashi, parchment and charcoal, at least one medicine kit, a dark grey blanket, rope and grappling hook

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:07 am 

The two men nod and step back to the door, looking over at the two Scorpion for a moment. They seem apprehensive, but their gaze does not linger on the two brothers for long as they converse.

Inside the bath house, Mogami looks up at Homura for a moment, her eyes glistening. She begins to tremble and shake slightly from the cold, and her face starts to go white.

She opens her mouth as if to say something, but before she can utter a word, she simply falls into an embrace with the woman and starts to cry. The second time that day she shed tears, and this time worse since someone saw. It was all just too much for her. Despite being the best of her school, lauded as one of the finest archers in the lands, an excellent leader and tactician, and never once failing in the eyes of her ancestor, Mogami was still a 16 year old girl. This was the first time she had to see what it truly meant to lead sometimes, and it had shaken her to the very core.

Mogami's Equipment: Battle: Light Armor, Yumi, Quiver w Flesh Cutter Arrows, Daisho
Court: Decent quality kimono and courtiers fan

Budoka's Tsuruga and Fuwa's Eqiupment:
Battle: Ashigaru Armor | Han-Kyu, Quiver w Willow Leaf Arrows | Yari
Court: Kimono

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:22 am 

When was the last time someone cried on my shoulder? Oh I remember, little Kaede, it was her first time and she was embarrassed about being caught afterwards.

Homura wrapped her arms around the Matsu woman, squeezing her gently. "It's ok Matsu-sama. You have done nothing wrong. I understand the decision you have taken seems like it is wrong, but you made the choice with the greater lives in mind."

She paused, thinking a moment, before speaking again

"I am proud of you, Mogami-chan. You will be a great commander, I know this in my heart."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:31 am 

Bayushi Degarashi wrote:
"In retrospect, yes, dear brother, however I was unaware of the matter at the time." Degarashi turned to look Yukinaga in the eyes. "I do doubt I'll be given a chance to make amends at this point."

"One is not given a chance to make amends one takes it if they feel remorseful for their actions." He said with less iron in his voice "If you feel the sin of regret then confess it, I doubt they will leave the baths for the evening and if they do the town is not so large that you could not seek her out. An apology and some small gift would not be out if line."

Theme Profile

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:34 am 

Mogami stayed in the embrace for a few moments, allowing her body to spend itself of her pain.

After some time of just silent embrace, she looks up into Homura's eyes, still holding her.

"Thank you, Homura-chan." she whispers, lips trembling slightly.

The emotions radiating from the girl shifted from despair to something else. Something innocent and delicate. Her eyes regained their clarity, but a spark of something deep inside them twinkled.

She bites her bottom lip and looks away quickly.

Mogami's Equipment: Battle: Light Armor, Yumi, Quiver w Flesh Cutter Arrows, Daisho

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:44 am 

Bayushi Yukinaga wrote:
Bayushi Degarashi wrote:

"One is not given a chance to make amends one takes it if they feel remorseful for their actions." He said with less iron in his voice "If you feel the sin of regret then confess it, I doubt they will leave the baths for the evening and if they do the town is not so large that you could not seek her out. An apology and some small gift would not be out if line."

Degarashi considered his brother's words for a moment, staring away into empty space, alone with his thoughts. "Perhaps, Yukinaga-sama, perhaps. There are paths to make amends for my behavior this day." He quietly stood, gathering up his towel and moving for the door. "But I know not what those paths look like, nor how to find them." Degarashi continued his exit, only pausing at the very last doorway into the onsen, hesitating. "Pray for me, brother. Pray that I might feel something for what I have wrought beyond exhaustion."

And then he simply... left.

/exit

Typically carries: Wakizashi, parchment and charcoal, at least one medicine kit, a dark grey blanket, rope and grappling hook

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:46 am 

Homura loosened her grip, and held Mogami's gaze with hers until the woman looked away. She kept her comforting expression the whole time, even when lesser thoughts came to mind.

She's such an innocent little flower, learning the world the hard way. I shouldn't push her into anything

"Anything for a dear friend. I'll stay here until you're ready." she gave the girl another hug and gentle squeeze.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:48 am 

"We should not keep the Scorpion guessing. Heaven only knows what may be said tomorrow of my antics tonight. Forgive me for my weakness."

She breaks the embrace and takes a deep breath, her demeanor and color normal again.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:53 am 

"What antics, Mogami-chan? That you were deceived by Scorpion trickery, and showed due respect to someone who was impersonating the daimyo? I cannot imagine people will talk about that, it would look far worse for them than it would for you."

Homura gave the woman a smile and a nod.

"I see a woman ready to face the world. Shall we leave this cold place and return to the extremely hot waters?"

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:56 am 

Mogami smiles for a moment and then nods, her On returning.

"Yes, Homura-chan. I fear I almost gave myself frostbite sitting on the ledge like that. Heavens it has gotten so cold.."

With that she begins her way back to the Onsen

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:00 am 

As Degarashi left Yuki was left with a mixture of sadness and disappointment and a touch of confusion but as Mogami returned his On was in place and he nodded to her "I hope all is well Matsu-san."

Theme Profile

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:01 am 

Shame it wasn't warmer, I kind of liked you sat there...

Homura chuckled as she followed. "It is still winter after all."

As they approached the baths, Homura add "forgive me mina-sama, I had something important to report to Matsu-sama. Ah...there is less of you now" she bowed to Yukinaga "your brother has left I noticed."

Homura lowered herself into the water, covering her modesty as she did so.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:02 am 

Mogami does the same, this time keeping a greater distance between herself and Homura.

"Your...brother? is quite skilled. He must do your clan proud with his talent."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:05 am 

The baths were always such a quandary to Yukinaga modesty existed but was partially ignored here but men and women mixed, naked barely covered by towels and arms. He did his best to keep thoughts pure but he was only a man after all and the women here with him were undoubtedly good looking women.

This all played out behind his On and he inclined his head "Yes.....my brother felt it was time to leave." Yukinaga refrained from apologising for him or sharing his regret. These were not things for him to acknowledge.

He inclined his head to Mogami "Thank you, your words are kind Matau-San. I will tell him you said as much."

Theme Profile

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:15 am 

"It is rare to see someone able to mimic the voice of another so perfectly. Tell me, are you also trained in the same art?"

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:24 am 

He shook his head "No Matsu-San I am but a humble gunso trained in the art of the blade and a little knowledge of battlefield strategy."

Theme Profile

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:34 am 

"Ah, forgive me -sama, I did not know you were a leader for the scorpion here. I saw Shosuro-dono at the gates yesterday. Is she well?"

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:38 am 

He shook his head dismissively "no need for apologies, I cant expect you to know every person who passes through here. As for Shosuro-ue, from what I have heard from Shosuro Sara-San she is well after the ordeal but I have not yet had a chance to meet with her."

Theme Profile

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next