It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 1:58 pm

Post subject: A better bath? (D2 LE open)
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:27 pm 

What. A. Day.

Homura had finished cleaning and slipped into the hot water with a blissful sigh. Things were going to get more crazy she was certain, but for now she could relax with closed eyes and enjoy the warmth.

Post subject: Re: A better bath? (D2 LE open)
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:34 pm 

A day it had been, near rioting at the gates, meeting with a whole room full of scorpions and other such nonsense that left the young gunso tense and in need of the relaxing waters of the onsen.

He cleaned as was appropriate and made his way to the warm pool seeing a single other occupant ""samurai-San would you be bothered if I joined you?"

Carries: Daisho, Tanto
When appropriate: Light Armor and yumi with arrows

Theme Profile

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:36 pm 

Yes, now bugger off.

Homura opened one eye, before rising slightly covering her modesty and bowing. Damn that courtesy.

"Not at all samurai-sama. This Onsen is open for all" she smiled "I am Ikoma Homura. Please make yourself comfortable."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:41 pm 

Yukinaga dipped his head in acknowledgement and disrobed dipping himself into the warm pool he sighed a little "This one is Bayushi Yukinaga, your clan's hospitality has been most welcome in these trying times. This onsen has been a blessing truely."

Theme Profile

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:46 pm 

"I feel like I know your name from somewhere, but not sure where" Homura commented with a curious expression "I thank you for your praise Bayushi-sama, but it is the least we can do in these times. As someone who was at the Winter Court, I can say it is an experience that many will struggle to overcome without the journey through the wind and snow to this city."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:30 pm 

Degarashi sighed as he he made his way to the baths, eager to untangle the complicated mess of thoughts and emotions caused by the chaos of the past two days. He heard voices as he began his preparations, but barely concentrated on them. Anything would be a welcome distraction from the chaos of the city.

Well, almost anything.

Among the few things Degarashi didn't want to encounter as he approached the bath was his brother, who was already in the bath.

Talking to a Lion.

Greaaaaaaat.

A couple of barely perceptible twitches claimed ownership of Degarashi's left eye as he silently and vehemently offered up his sincere, verbose, and colorful curses to Sakkaku. Other than that, however, he neither moved nor spoke.

Typically carries: Wakizashi, parchment and charcoal, at least one medicine kit, a dark grey blanket, rope and grappling hook

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:46 pm 

Another of the Pride made her way to the Onsen. Again she is followed by two armored and armed Budoka, who she commands to stand at the entrance and keep watch.

"Do not stop or speak to anyone as they enter unless they directly speak to you. Remember who you are and what that station brings."

She cleans herself up inside the building before stepping out to the warm waters of the hot spring proper. She lowers her towel only when she begins to enter the water, her nakedness concealed by its waters.

"Hello, samurai-sans"

She gives a bow before she maneuvers her way closer to Homura.

"Matsu Mogami"

she offers to them all.

Mogami's Equipment: Battle: Light Armor, Yumi, Quiver w Flesh Cutter Arrows, Daisho
Court: Decent quality kimono and courtiers fan

Budoka's Tsuruga and Fuwa's Eqiupment:
Battle: Ashigaru Armor | Han-Kyu, Quiver w Willow Leaf Arrows | Yari
Court: Kimono

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:24 pm 

The sudden arrival of yet another Lion seemed to at least shake him out of his reverie, and he quickly took up a position within the baths beside his brother with a short bow. "Bayushi Degarashi." For whatever reason, he offered nothing further than his name.

Typically carries: Wakizashi, parchment and charcoal, at least one medicine kit, a dark grey blanket, rope and grappling hook

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:28 pm 

Ikoma Homura wrote:
"I feel like I know your name from somewhere, but not sure where" Homura commented with a curious expression "I thank you for your praise Bayushi-sama, but it is the least we can do in these times. As someone who was at the Winter Court, I can say it is an experience that many will struggle to overcome without the journey through the wind and snow to this city."

Yukinaga thought for a moment "well I have not been idle in my duties but I would not think myself so well known as to have my reputation sweep into the lion lands. I am betrothed to one of your clan's Matsu perhaps you know Matsu Kogyoku? She is a magistrate in town and my betrothed." He said thoughtfully not sure where she may have heard his name before.

He had been about to ask about her ordeal when the new comer greeted them "greetings Matau-San this one is Bayushi Yukinaga gunso of the scorpion."

As he turned to greet the new lion he saw his brother standing there and chuckled "Degarashi-san, brother, how long have you been skulking there?"

Theme Profile

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:45 pm 

Bayushi Yukinaga wrote:
Yukinaga thought for a moment "well I have not been idle in my duties but I would not think myself so well known as to have my reputation sweep into the lion lands. I am betrothed to one of your clan's Matsu perhaps you know Matsu Kogyoku? She is a magistrate in town and my betrothed." He said thoughtfully not sure where she may have heard his name before.

Oh you poor, poor man. I'm so sorry.

"Perhaps it's that, I am aware of Matsu-sama. We have met briefly in my arrival yesterday. I wouldn't think it was due to your duties that I know you, I can't think of any reason I may have cause an issue to require a Scorpion unless someone was unhappy with something in court" Homura said with a grin.

She looked to the other arrivals, giving each of them a smile and a bow.

"Bayushi-san, it is an honour to meet you. I am Ikoma Homura. I hope you are well?"

Then to Mogami "Matsu-sama, it is lovely to see you. I hope you are well? This is Bayushi Yukinaga-sama, and Bayushi Degarashi-san, who appear to be brothers by Bayushi-samas words."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:49 pm 

"To be frank, the day has made me exhausted, Ikoma-san."

She gives a nod at the introduction to the two brothers.

"I had heard that our Magistrate had been betrothed to your clan. It is a pleasure to see the man she spoke of."

She looks at Degarashi for a moment, trying to think of something to say to him, but comes up with a blank and instead just sort of looks past him.

Mogami's Equipment: Battle: Light Armor, Yumi, Quiver w Flesh Cutter Arrows, Daisho

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:02 am 

"A pleasure to meet you as well Matsu-San, it has certainly been a trying day for many. Some more than others to be sure." He was fairly certain this was the Matsu that closed the gates on the refugees but without certainty he did not want to bring it up.

Theme Profile

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:08 am 

Now, on top of everything, all three of the other bathgoers had mentioned Yukinaga's betrothal. So, at first, he merely nodded his responses as he composed himself. "Hai, Matsu-sama, I am well today, if a little worn out." Turning to his brother, he quirked an eyebrow. "Ne, dear brother? You should know better than any other that I skulk everywhere I go, and have done so all day. After which specific instance of skulkery are you inquiring?"

((Fluff Etiquette to not find a table to flip))
Fluff Etiquette: 6d10o10k3 23

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:09 am 

Oh wonderful. They're fighting. Please could you at least make it interesting?

While the brothers had their discussion, Homura leaned closer to Mogami to whisper quietly "what has the day thrown at you, dear friend?"

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:11 am 

Mogami sinks a little further into the warm water and sighs, causing a few bubbles to rise from the water before she lifts her head to answer.

"I..."

She pauses.

"Their deaths will all be on my head, Ikoma-san"

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:18 am 

Homura lowered her head. She understood what Mogami meant.

"And yet thousands more in this city may have perished. It is not an easy decision, but it was the only one to make. Do not blame yourself, it is not your fault."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:22 am 

"Duty says I did the right thing, but Compassion says I failed. How does one determine which is more important? Emma-O could look at this moment and deem it where I failed and thus my soul is jeopardized..."

Her voice is loud enough for the two scorpion brothers to hear

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:35 am 

Degarashi watches the exchange between the Lion with detached interest, picking up even the quieter parts. He glances at his brother once, then back to the Lions and sighs.

"Few can judge the weight of the burdens Bushido lays upon them as keenly as the samurai acting in the moment. Compassion may imply allowing more refugees into the city, but do not discredit your Compassion to those already within, who would suffer all the more for a burden they cannot hope to bear."

Read Lips: 3d10k3 19

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:44 am 

Matsu Mogami wrote:
"Duty says I did the right thing, but Compassion says I failed. How does one determine which is more important? Emma-O could look at this moment and deem it where I failed and thus my soul is jeopardized..."

Her voice is loud enough for the two scorpion brothers to hear

"Emma-O will loop upon us all and judge us, no matter our actions, and will see that you have acted as Bushido wills it. We can rarely act in balance of all sevent in all of our actions. I understand how you feel, but you cannot blame yourself for these actions. You made a difficult decision."

There was a pause as one of the Bayushi offered his words, and Homura nodded.

"Hai, it is as Bayushi-san says. You have acted in the best interest of those in the city, and as many have been saved as possible. You're not at fault for them having to do this, remember that."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:49 am 

Mogami looks sullen and she pulls her knees to her chest, arms wrapped around them.

"Forgive me, Bayushi-sans, A samurai should not act as such in the company of those she has just met."

She gives a nodding bow and then whispers softly.

"I could have waited. The Governor left it to me to decide when. He was reluctant to close them at all after our meeting this morning but trusted me...."

Moisture appears on her cheek when she lifts her head, though it would be hard to tell if it was moisture from the steam, or something less pure.