It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 1:59 pm

Post subject: [D2 EA] - Practicing (Open)
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:38 pm 

Matsu Misaki enters the dojo at a brisk pace, looks around, and makes herself at home.

She begins to stretch out her muscles, which are, frankly, quite impressive.

Run by GM "Here We Go" Lucidicide

Post subject: Re: [D2 EA] - Practicing (Open)
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:45 pm 

Having spent some time in Lion lands now, Poemu knew that there were few better places to find the clan of Akodo than in the dojo. While she had no skills of her own to practice, she wasn't so soft hearted and meek that she was adverse to the places. Making her way into Kyoki, she saw that she was correct that she would find a Lion present.

Sitting along the side in seiza, hands in her lap, she made certain she was well out of the way as she watched the Matsu woman practice.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:49 pm 

The Lion is content to ignore the Dragon for now, until she gets through her basic routines.

After feeling some of the kinks work out of her ample muscles, she turns and bows to the Dragon.

"I'm Matsu Misaki. Just arrived, and needed to clear my head. Best way is with a sword. Pleased to meet you."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:51 pm 

Lion muscles had become a regular sight for Tetsuko over the last few weeks. While she was not as powerfully built as a Matsu, she was no slouch either, and certainly stronger than the average Crane. With a bow to those already present, and one for the dojo's shrine, she began her own warm up.

To her the dojo had become something of a second home. You never knew who you might meet...

"Oh she's very pretty. For a Daidoji." - Random Doji courtier.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:55 pm 

Her muscles tense from the meeting she finished with the Governor, Mogami enters the dojo and offers the proper respects, her two budoka following suit.

"Today we will go over the basics of the Yari some more. While our prowess lies with the bow, the enemy will not stop their advance just because we have a good archer line. You must be prepared to wield spear against blade."

The two peasant men nod and begin a few basic stretches.

Mogami turns to begin her own when she realizes others are in the dojo already.

"Ah, Hello samurai-sans"

She gives a bow

"Matsu Mogami"

her introduction short and to the point. Her voice has a hint of tension in it.

Mogami's Equipment: Battle: Light Armor, Yumi, Quiver w Flesh Cutter Arrows, Daisho
Court: Decent quality kimono and courtiers fan

Budoka's Tsuruga and Fuwa's Eqiupment:
Battle: Ashigaru Armor | Han-Kyu, Quiver w Willow Leaf Arrows | Yari
Court: Kimono

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:58 pm 

Poemu had offered a bow before she sat, but gave another seated one at the introduction and recognition, giving another to the Daidoji as she entered, and a third to Mogami. Her eyes went back to Misaki as she spoke softly. "This one is Agasha Poemu, newly arrived just the other day from winter court. It is not my place to interrupt your kata... any of your kata. The dojo is a sacred place of course. I will watch, unless you wish to also converse."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:03 pm 

Misaki bows to each samurai as they enter.

After waiting for everyone to get a bit settled, she says: "Preparing for what might be coming."

...maybe that's a question? A statement? Who can be sure?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:08 pm 

As the introductions began she waited calmly for the opportune moment to respond. "Daidoji Tetsuko, minna-sama. Honoured to make your acquaintance."

After stretching off she selected a bokken and nodded in response to the Lion's words. "Always."

A simple sword kata to start seemed appropriate.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:12 pm 

Another new arrival - a Scorpion, this time. Having promised a friend that he'd work on getting back into fighting shape, Bayushi Sukekage bows, glancing around the room, then settles into his warmup routine.

Matsu Misaki wrote:
After waiting for everyone to get a bit settled, she says: "Preparing for what might be coming."

"All too right, Matsu-san," he agrees. "All too right. It is good to see so many, and such a diverse group, preparing to defend against the usurper's forces. I am Bayushi Sukekage."

"It is not in my nature to be a villain, and one must remain true to one's nature."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:14 pm 

The Lion nods at the Crane meaningfully, as if much had just been said on important philosophical topics.

Then, turning toward the new arrival, she says. "Ah, Bayushi-sama... I believe we met outside the city?"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:16 pm 

"Indeed we did - I'm pleased to be remembered," Sukekage says, a slight smile crossing his face. "I was certain that, given the number of people who you would have passed on the way into and then through the city, I would have been little more than a masked face in the crowd."

"It is not in my nature to be a villain, and one must remain true to one's nature."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:17 pm 

Mogami gives the scorpion a bow and then takes a boken and two wooden staves, handing them to her budoka.

She then begins a smooth warm up kata of her own and the two peasants make some odd flailing motions with their wooden spears.

She keeps her eyes attentive, glancing to the others gathered in the dojo as they speak.

Mogami's Equipment: Battle: Light Armor, Yumi, Quiver w Flesh Cutter Arrows, Daisho

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:18 pm 

Bayushi Sukekage wrote:
"Indeed we did - I'm pleased to be remembered," Sukekage says, a slight smile crossing his face. "I was certain that, given the number of people who you would have passed on the way into and then through the city, I would have been little more than a masked face in the crowd."

"Every moment spent with your kin that I entered the city with is etched in my memory."

Well, that sounds pleasant.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:23 pm 

Poemu murmured greetings as the others introduced themselves, but she was quite true to her word. Those that moved into kata were not interrupted, and if it came down to it, she seemed quite content to merely watch the bushi practice.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:27 pm 

The moment of shared understanding was not lost on the Crane. Such is the way of Bushido. Completing her first kata gave the opportunity to add a bow for the Scorpion.

The second kata was for muscle training. Her sword form was good but she had yet to reach ten thousand days. The atmosphere in the Dojo gave her support as she reached for self improvement.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:52 pm 

Daidoji Tetsuko wrote:
The moment of shared understanding was not lost on the Crane. Such is the way of Bushido. Completing her first kata gave the opportunity to add a bow for the Scorpion.

The second kata was for muscle training. Her sword form was good but she had yet to reach ten thousand days. The atmosphere in the Dojo gave her support as she reached for self improvement.

Misaki admires the second kata... like a Lion watching its next meal, but slightly more friendly... like the Lion expects the meal should want to be eaten.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:56 pm 

"I take it she wasn't the easiest traveling companion," is Sukekage's dry response. "Unfortunately, 'abrasive' seems a common trait among my kin present here. I hope only that their aggression remains and is pointed in the right direction when the enemy arrives."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:01 am 

After some time, satisfied her muscles are loose and her men warmed up, Mogami speaks to them softly to not disturb others, teaching them the basics of how to use a spear against a sword. Then she begins leading the two men in slow steps, attacking them in near slow motion so they can get the motions down.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:11 am 

Bayushi Sukekage wrote:
"I take it she wasn't the easiest traveling companion," is Sukekage's dry response. "Unfortunately, 'abrasive' seems a common trait among my kin present here. I hope only that their aggression remains and is pointed in the right direction when the enemy arrives."

Misaki basically grunts at his words, then says. "Sure she could inspire a few people to charge to get away from her." All the while, her eyes watch the Crane, but the look is becoming more one of assessment than hunger.

Matsu Mogami wrote:
After some time, satisfied her muscles are loose and her men warmed up, Mogami speaks to them softly to not disturb others, teaching them the basics of how to use a spear against a sword. Then she begins leading the two men in slow steps, attacking them in near slow motion so they can get the motions down.

She looks over at Mogami. "You know any visiting Ikoma here?"

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:23 am 

"We'll have to find a way to properly weaponize that talent," says Sukekage as he carefully selects a bokken. "They'll never see it coming."

The courtier proceeds through a basic kata - nothing spectacular, but it's clear he has more martial training than most diplomats. Wise, perhaps, for one traveling without a yojimbo.