It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 1:32 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Matsu on Ikoma action? (D2 LM)
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:55 pm 

Tani took the blow without so much as a grunt, pushing forward. She did not roar in rage like some others might. She was simply focused on the goal. The goal of doing well in this spar. Her blade came down toward Homura's left arm, tagging it with what could have been a far more painful hit. The Matsu clearly did not have a good sense of "love taps."

19, forgot emphasis, becomes...28!
9 damage!

Glorious Death in battle is never untimely.

Equipment: Daisho, Kimono (functional or exceptional, depending on situation), Finger of Jade (hanging on a necklace around her neck), heavy armor (when appropriate), Fan, Bisento (when appropriate)

Description

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:57 pm 

Norikami kept to himself, but he'd be fool to not pay attention to the match. Seemed the Matsu was more talented, but the as trying too hard against a skilled opponent and paid for it. Still, a Matsu is stubborn and it seemed she was still in it.

He continued his practice. Seemed the match might be good.

When Allowed: Armor, No-Dachi, Yumi/Arrows

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:03 pm 

Ow. How did the bokken not break?

Homura had take a half-step back from the hit, but did not drop her weapon (thankfully). She charged forward again, this time catching Tani on her elbow as she moved past and got ready to strike again, going for the 'kill' before her skilled opponent could react.

Attack: 30 (hit)
damage: 1

(Top of next round spending vp to increase init by 10, going first. Will post that)
Init: 30
Full attack
TN10
(Activating LS3 for the round)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:04 pm 

//Tani does not spend a void on her own initiative, so it's you!

Equipment: Daisho, Kimono (functional or exceptional, depending on situation), Finger of Jade (hanging on a necklace around her neck), heavy armor (when appropriate), Fan, Bisento (when appropriate)

Description

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:08 pm 

Homura darts forward, making another strike on the other arm in what can only be described as a perfect strike before spinning back round in front of the woman, bokken raised and a smirk on her face. Hair billowing behind her. She looked good.

"And that makes three Matsu-sama. Thank you for the honour."

Attack: 71(slight hit) 2 raises for cool final pose and effect.
Damage: 2

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:10 pm 

Tani had caught that moment where Homura siezed the initiative against her. It seemed she might even consider trying to match it. But try she did not. The bokken tapped her other arm, and Tani relaxed her stance. She hits like a kitten. But I suspect that was intentional.

"Well done, Ikoma-san. You were the faster today." She bowed, no hint of frustration or anger at having lost.

Description

Last edited by Matsu Tani on Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:12 pm 

Bayushi Norikami wrote:
Putting his foul mood aside...mostly...Norikami was uncharacteristically optimistic when he entered the dojo. Lions were about their drills in their proper place, but two seemed to have wandered off to spar more privately...with a Dragon? He gave her a second glance, no it wasn't who he thought, it was the woman from the garden he saw playing Kenku Hero with those weird kids...er...samurai. He didn't pay it further mind as he bowed to the dojo after removing his sandals.

Then he snatched a bokken, bowed to the ladies and went right to work.

Wasako didn't exactly find herself with a full schedule but given the current circumstances, she found it hard to truly plan something for the next day. She wouldn't have been surprised if the dojo was turned into a bunk house down the line. In her opinion, a dojo didn't need four walls and a roof. However, upon seeing the lavish shrine once again, she gathered that the Lion would need something to house their ancestral shrine.

She paid her respects and bowed to everyone gathered. Afterwards, she made her way to where Norikami was found. "Ohayou, Bayushi-san. Were you here long?"

Character Profile • Art by Joanne Kwan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:20 pm 

Norikami wanted to see it in armor with real swords... but he always.does.

She was pretty quick though, he admitted, even though it seemed to him the Ikoma had tried much harder. Was she trying to impress or annoy though?

He kept swinging. Not his business.
Mirumoto Wasako wrote:
Wasako didn't exactly find herself with a full schedule but given the current circumstances, she found it hard to truly plan something for the next day. She wouldn't have been surprised if the dojo was turned into a bunk house down the line. In her opinion, a dojo didn't need four walls and a roof. However, upon seeing the lavish shrine once again, she gathered that the Lion would need something to house their ancestral shrine.

She paid her respects and bowed to everyone gathered. Afterwards, she made her way to where Norikami was found. "Ohayou, Bayushi-san. Were you here long?"

He halted his strikes and bowed to her. "No, everything's fine this morning so far. I hope you had no issues getting here, it's elbow to elbow lately, probably only going to get worse."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:23 pm 

Homura displayed the speed of a duelist, that was to be expected. It seemed Tani underestimated her defenses, to the Matsu's detriment.

Iko offered a bow of congratulations to the victor, she had acquitted herself better than Iko expected. But if lives were on the line, she'd still back the Matsu, Iko doubted that Homura would've been standing if Tani had put her full force behind her one strike.

Carries: Daisho, Yumi (where appropriate)
Description

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:25 pm 

Matsu Tani wrote:
Tani had caught that moment where Homura siezed the initiative against her. It seemed she might even consider trying to match it. But try she did not. The bokken tapped her other arm, and Tani relaxed her stance. She hits like a kitten. But I suspect that was intentional.

"Well done, Ikoma-san. You were the faster today." She bowed, no hint of frustration or anger at having lost.

I know. I'm just that good.

"It was a true honour to have the chance to face someone of your talent Matsu-sama. Were this the battlefield rather than a dojo I know the tale would be very different. Thankfully, we are both Lion ne?" Homura grinned, taking a step back and bowing deeply to Tani.

"Thank you for the lesson. And the bruise."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:29 pm 

"Ah, yes, sorry. I pulled the blow as best I could, but well. A Matsu's fury can never be... completely contained." Her tone was... surprisingly cheerful, even. She took two steps back. "If the bruise is overly deep, you might have an apothecary look at it. I have on occasion left deep enough bruises that there have been concerns of internal bleeding..." That was... as casual as one might expect a Matsu to be about such a thing.

Description

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:49 pm 

Bayushi Norikami wrote:
He halted his strikes and bowed to her. "No, everything's fine this morning so far. I hope you had no issues getting here, it's elbow to elbow lately, probably only going to get worse."

"We got hit by a good bit of snow overnight but nothing that I'm unused to. However, the amount of people on the streets. The amount of people yesterday was something I was unused to, today..." She gave a shake of her head as she didn't know what to make of it. If the Lion could raise an army from their people easily, she would imagine they could maintain just as many people. She would hope, at least.

"I am unfamiliar with such a situation but I imagine that we will have to contribute with sacrifices soon enough, ne?" She looked to Norikami for confirmation, considered he was more versed at war between the two of them.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:49 pm 

Homura chuckled.

"Please do not feel the need to apologize Matsu-sama. If I was concerned about bruises would I have suggested a spar? Bruises are a part of learning. Although I believe your singular strike would have done more than most, so I will remember it for a long time. The strength of the Matsu is legendary."

It's like a little love bite almost!

"Sparring in the Matsu dojo must be a very painful experience."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:53 pm 

Ikoma Homura wrote:
Homura chuckled.

"Please do not feel the need to apologize Matsu-sama. If I was concerned about bruises would I have suggested a spar? Bruises are a part of learning. Although I believe your singular strike would have done more than most, so I will remember it for a long time. The strength of the Matsu is legendary."

It's like a little love bite almost!

"Sparring in the Matsu dojo must be a very painful experience."

Tani nodded lightly at the statement. "It is. Anything related to the duties of being a Matsu likely is. Sparring is a violent experience in Bishamon Seido Dojo... they would not have held back their strike like I did."

Description

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:26 pm 

Mirumoto Wasako wrote:
"We got hit by a good bit of snow overnight but nothing that I'm unused to. However, the amount of people on the streets. The amount of people yesterday was something I was unused to, today..." She gave a shake of her head as she didn't know what to make of it. If the Lion could raise an army from their people easily, she would imagine they could maintain just as many people. She would hope, at least.

"I am unfamiliar with such a situation but I imagine that we will have to contribute with sacrifices soon enough, ne?" She looked to Norikami for confirmation, considered he was more versed at war between the two of them.

"I can't see it being much different than a harsh winter in Dragon lands, as long as samurai are doing their duty they'll be well fed", he commented. "The heimin though, well...we could easily have big problem if the snow keeps falling and the city is encircled by an army."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:39 pm 

Matsu Tani wrote:
Tani nodded lightly at the statement. "It is. Anything related to the duties of being a Matsu likely is. Sparring is a violent experience in Bishamon Seido Dojo... they would not have held back their strike like I did."

"Matsu-san shows much restraint and wisdom in a time and place that could soon become a front line engagement, if rumors are to be believed." Iko hands each of the ladies a towel, to wipe away the residue of their exertion.

Description

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:49 pm 

Matsu Tani wrote:

I'm not sure you call that sparring...

"Although I would not wish to partake in such an experience, I would certainly love to see it. There was a Matsu woman that visited the city while I was in training, it made for an interesting afternoon" Homura said with a smile.

Togashi Iko wrote:
"Matsu-san shows much restraint and wisdom in a time and place that could soon become a front line engagement, if rumors are to be believed." Iko hands each of the ladies a towel, to wipe away the residue of their exertion.

Homura accepted the towel with a bow.

"Thank you Togashi-sama. Hai indeed, although it's also important to keep ones skills sharp. I don't have the campaign experience that you two have, but I assure you I will be prepared to stand up and protect those that need it. This is not court anymore, not truly."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:51 pm 

Tani accepted the towel as well, cleaning her brow slowly. "It is not an experience for war time, that is certain. In times of peace, however, it is much more efficient for mimicking war time conditions. It came in handy during my battle with the Shasakar, I think."

Description

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:53 pm 

Ikoma Homura wrote:
Homura accepted the towel with a bow.

"Thank you Togashi-sama. Hai indeed, although it's also important to keep ones skills sharp. I don't have the campaign experience that you two have, but I assure you I will be prepared to stand up and protect those that need it. This is not court anymore, not truly."

Iko laughs. "Take it from someone who's seen both, there's more Court in War, and more War in Court than one would expect. Either way, if everyone here feels as you do about standing up for each other, and those who cannot stand for themselves, then I believe most of us will live to see the Spring."

Description

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:08 pm 

Bayushi Norikami wrote:
"I can't see it being much different than a harsh winter in Dragon lands, as long as samurai are doing their duty they'll be well fed", he commented. "The heimin though, well...we could easily have big problem if the snow keeps falling and the city is encircled by an army."

"Yes..." she said in agreement at first. "The heimen should be attended too, of course. I imagine that it took a lot for them to get here. Despite the fact that danger is behind them, the weather is another element they had to contend with as well."

She made her way to the rack of bokken and gave it a casual inspection.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next