It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 3:28 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 162 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: [Day 1, Late Afternoon] Contemplation
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:21 pm 

"Oh? They are quite lovely trees. I haven't been blessed to spend much time just admiring nature, the life of a courtier is busy. I remember when I was very young there was a tall oak tree close to my parents home that I would try to climb and play in with my friends. I fell from it too many times to count, but one time I managed to make it about halfway up the tree."

Homura paused, and frowned slighty.

"It was at that point I realized I couldn't get back down."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:22 pm 

She raised an eyebrow, and looked a bit teasing for a moment, though in a... polite way. "Why Ikoma-san, you can always get down..."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:30 pm 

"In most situations, I would say the same. What little Homura did not realize is one of the lower branches she had used had snapped when one of her friends was climbing" Homura shook her head "also being about five years old at the time, there was one way up and down. Now the way down was gone."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:56 pm 

"I suppose one gets used to climbing when one is from the mountains." She paused to tap her chin, thinking. "...I suppose I would need to see the tree. You seem to have made it down anyway."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:57 pm 

"A Lion never gives up."

There was a pause, then a slight blush as she added "sometimes they have to accept help though. One of my friends parents had to assist. I didn't try climbing it again, I felt rather silly."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:27 pm 

"Is that something embarrassing in the Ikoma?" Poemu looked a mix of curious and sympathetic. "I guess it happened a lot in the Atsumaru lands, so parents were used to it."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:30 pm 

"For a young and proud Lion to have to accept help to climb down from a tree?" Homura chuckled "maybe it is just the Lion. Agasha-sama was often one to get stuck then? Or was young Agasha-sama not the adventurous sort?"

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:48 pm 

"Oh, I got stuck plenty when I was young, but I always had my mother with me." She gave a soft chuckle into her sleeve. "I always wanted to go out and help my family gather, so she would take me with and try to give me easy jobs."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:13 pm 

"Sounds like you had quite an enjoyable childhood" Homura commented, keeping any bitterness to herself as she looked back at Poemu with a smile "what did you and your family gather?"

Only thing my family gathered was resentment.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:43 am 

Matsu Kōgyoku wrote:
"Would you then reject some dojo sessions with me, meant to hone our respective sword-strengths?" She suggested with some deliberation but also with a surprising measure of spontaneity. Surprising to herself. On a cue, her whole body made a call for an intensive swordplay, the sooner the better, itching for movement and exertion. She imagined him getting struck with a shinai across his chest and it led to the widening of her pupils just as she looked at his knot when he remained bowed.

He looked down slightly to catch her eyes with his own and a small and subtle smile graced his lips "I would not reject such a thing. Watching you practice is delightful, to do so alongside you could only stand to make me a better samurai." He said honestly.

"Perhaps if we find the experience mutually stimulating we could make it a regular thing. At least for the length of my visit." He finished

Carries: Daisho, Tanto
When appropriate: Light Armor and yumi with arrows

Theme Profile

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:40 am 

Ikoma Homura wrote:
"Sounds like you had quite an enjoyable childhood" Homura commented, keeping any bitterness to herself as she looked back at Poemu with a smile "what did you and your family gather?"

Only thing my family gathered was resentment.

"Ano... it was peaceful for the most part. I won't say it was easy. Food in Dragon Land's isn't always reliable, and the Agasha are deep in the mountains. The winter's are quite harsh, and the few roads can easily become impassable."

"There's a beauty there that these flatter lands lack though...." She trailed off, then lightly started and cleared her throat. "O-oh, right! The Atsumaru serve the Agasha by gathering reagents and materials for their alchemy. Herbs mostly, and other plants."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:07 am 

Bayushi Yukinaga wrote:
He looked down slightly to catch her eyes with his own and a small and subtle smile graced his lips "I would not reject such a thing. Watching you practice is delightful, to do so alongside you could only stand to make me a better samurai." He said honestly.

"Perhaps if we find the experience mutually stimulating we could make it a regular thing. At least for the length of my visit." He finished

Her gaze was caught, briefly. Too much staring was not courteous, she had to remind herself. "As long as the circumstances allow, I'd consider it a very good suggestion, Bayushi-san." She curbed her enthusiasm, mindful of her duties, but hoped it could work out. Was it the remark of mutual stimulation that had sent the shivers? "I'm also of the mind that it would contribute to the harmony of our marriage to dedicate to a bonding experience of this kind."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:28 am 

Agasha Poemu wrote:
"Ano... it was peaceful for the most part. I won't say it was easy. Food in Dragon Land's isn't always reliable, and the Agasha are deep in the mountains. The winter's are quite harsh, and the few roads can easily become impassable."

"There's a beauty there that these flatter lands lack though...." She trailed off, then lightly started and cleared her throat. "O-oh, right! The Atsumaru serve the Agasha by gathering reagents and materials for their alchemy. Herbs mostly, and other plants."

There was a small chuckle.

"You really do love your homelands Agasha-sama. There is warmth in your words and thoughts that I admire, and honestly envy a little. I hold very few happy memories of home, which is why the road and the court is more of a home to me now. Listening to how you talk of your home though, I can imagine it. The lands of the Dragon are ones that seem to rarely invite others from what I understand, so perhaps living them through someone with the passion that Agasha-sama has is the only way I'll enjoy them."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:03 pm 

Matsu Kōgyoku wrote:
Her gaze was caught, briefly. Too much staring was not courteous, she had to remind herself. "As long as the circumstances allow, I'd consider it a very good suggestion, Bayushi-san." She curbed her enthusiasm, mindful of her duties, but hoped it could work out. Was it the remark of mutual stimulation that had sent the shivers? "I'm also of the mind that it would contribute to the harmony of our marriage to dedicate to a bonding experience of this kind."

He nodded "Hai, so long as you have the time for it. I would not wish to impose on your duty, I expect you will be kept rather busy with the influx of refugees to your city. You do good work, I would never want to disrupt such a thing."

He was usually more practiced with his On but unlike her his had been slipping since the start of their conversation. The warmth and pride in his voice came through clearly by now and there was an earnest look in his eyes that was a mixture of affection, concern, and other emotions swirling together.

Inside a tempest raged some had to be let out in bits, here was a woman he had talked with for years, grown very fond of and she was so far delivering on everything he imagined, honorable, dedicated, and if one knew where to look passionate and fiery in her own way.

"Would you like to walk with me for a time Matsu-sama?" He asked after a beat indicating the path through the gardens "Unless you would wish to continue your sparring or have other business to attend."

Carries: Daisho, Tanto
When appropriate: Light Armor and yumi with arrows

Theme Profile

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:14 pm 

Ikoma Homura wrote:
There was a small chuckle.

"You really do love your homelands Agasha-sama. There is warmth in your words and thoughts that I admire, and honestly envy a little. I hold very few happy memories of home, which is why the road and the court is more of a home to me now. Listening to how you talk of your home though, I can imagine it. The lands of the Dragon are ones that seem to rarely invite others from what I understand, so perhaps living them through someone with the passion that Agasha-sama has is the only way I'll enjoy them."

Poemu gave a small shake of her head and a smile. "Iie. I would certainly hope that my family can find a way to host a court again, despite the troubles from the last one, and that you may attend it. I will see to it, in fact."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:15 pm 

"I would. I suppose it can be a good practice for us to go in the same direction together." She spoke softly carrying her big training stick. The slightest of twitches of her lip could indicate that the remark was meant as humorous, and yet a genuine sentiment.

She gestured toward the hillier path where the garden covered the foothills of the mountain. Once his gaze would follow her indication, she would steal a moment to tuck a strand of lose hair behind her ear and she had idea why she had done that just now.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:29 pm 

Agasha Poemu wrote:
Poemu gave a small shake of her head and a smile. "Iie. I would certainly hope that my family can find a way to host a court again, despite the troubles from the last one, and that you may attend it. I will see to it, in fact."

There was a look of surprise. Clearly Homura hadn't expected such a thing.

"That is extremely kind of you Agasha-sama. Thank you" Homura smiled warmly at the woman "I may not have the standing you have with you clan, but I would extend the offer to you as well to visit the Ikoma lands. The Libraries of the Ikoma are quite famous after all, and I'm sure I could arrange for you to visit them if that would interest you."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:51 pm 

"Since I am still an ambassador between our clans, I can't imagine the opportunity won't arise at some point Ikoma-san, arigato." She glanced over with a sympathetic warmth. "Perhaps I can help you have fonder memories of your home."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:59 pm 

How, by killing my father?

"That sounds like a challenge Agasha-sama, but I believe in you. Between the two of us, perhaps we can change the winds of fate" Homura smiled at the girl "or if not, I have a nice collection of sake."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:06 pm 

"I'm not really a sake drinker of any note Ikoma-san, but perhaps a few samples..." She smiled. "I would trust you to pick out only the best, of course."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 162 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next