It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 1:41 pm

Post subject: Den of Snakes (Day 1, LA)
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:38 am 

He found a nice spot in the garden that was in full sunlight, even in these cold days. Soaking it in, he sent out a call through the Akasha, inviting his people to gather. He was the highest Caste naga here, or so he thought so far. On his back was a long object, wrapped in silk cloth, and a quilted coat decorated his human half as he coiled up in the sun, soaking it in as he waited.

Carries: Silk clothing, White silk vest that seems to shimmer in the light, several fine bracelets of silver. Travel pack, hunting knife, Yumi (Where Appropriate), Jade Spear (Where Appropriate)

Post subject: Re: Den of Snakes (Day 1, LA)
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:04 am 

Feeling the call, the Hilsilage came through the gloppy white into the fascinating human tailored space. He stopped several times to look at unique curiosities, but each time he wrenched himself away for the moment. Eventually he would study them all, but for now there was work to be done.

"Honored Shakanar, it is too long since we spoke."

Carries: A red and black fan and hat.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:18 am 

He pressed his hands together, letting his greeting and pleasure at seeing The Hilsilage flow through the Akasha. "Friend Hilsilage. It is a pleasure to see you again. It has been some time. Your travels find you well?" He gestured to one of the other two spots that have been cleaned of snow, set out in the sunlight, and with warm rocks to coil around to warm them as they basked in the sun. "The Saravya and I were travelling towards the Winter Court to give our greetings and leave a gift for The Hantei when we heard rumors, and so stopped here. I am....disturbed by what I have heard indeed."

Carries: Silk clothing, White silk vest that seems to shimmer in the light, several fine bracelets of silver. Travel pack, hunting knife, Yumi (Where Appropriate), Jade Spear (Where Appropriate)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:22 am 

The Hilsilage allowed his concern to pass into the Akasha, joining the great torrent which had been there since he awakened. He found a stone and dusted it as free from snow as he could before settling in.

"Yes. The brief harmonies we have found are all in disarray. Our new friends suffer as we did."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:26 am 

The blue-grey scaled woman mentioned soon arrived and nodded to the two of them, warm feelings flowing between them through the Akasha. "Shakanar, its good to see you." She smiled toward the other warmly. "You are The Hilsilage. I caught a bit of what was being said before I arrived." She coiled on a rock, sighed as she soaked in what warmth could be found.

"Not to mention speak of previously dead human spirits moving around outside of their set path..."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:34 am 

He returned the greetings through the akasha. At a gesture, servants, looking slightly terrified, brought out warmed stones for them to stack up around their coils to warm them better. "The stories are....." He frowned a little. "The disquiet that struck our kind as our leaders were struck down is similar. From the stories i heard, imagine if the Shashakar returned with a new body, still mad as before and wanting revenge." He shivered a little because he'd seen it already. "And brought with him all our fallen brothers and sisters, driven made by a hunger for slaughter. They attacked all. Innocents and warriors alike."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:35 am 

"Yes, the humans compound their disharmony in dazzling, terrifying ways."

The Hilsilage randomly darts the end of his tail through the snow, uncovering the things hidden there for his languid inspection.

"I suppose we were no better, when our time of trial came."

The Hilsilage frowns deeply and knocks a stone loose from the earth. It slides over the snow and buries itself in soft powder a few feet on.

"It is a pity they have lost their leader. I could hear it so clearly, the way it should move. We all hold the potential to resonate within us. I have found even these humans strive for it, though they cannot hear it."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:54 am 

They could feel how her hackles rose at the mention of the Shashakar. "With the way his return to the Akasha has affected some of us, one might think he was," she grumbled. "We're fortunate for the impossibility, though we do have our own problems."

"Things seem to get in the way easily." She shifted her coils so she could lay forward, resting her arms on them and her chin on her arms. "I'm not in a good position to theorize about that, though. You two are far more familiar."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:08 am 

"I ask the akasha that this doesn't turn into another Ryoko Owari or Kyuden Suzume. It seems when there is upset, and the Rokugani hold gathers like this, things get....interesting." Faint waves of guilt at The Saravya's statement about the Shashakar. "I'm afraid the actions i undertook two years ago exacerbated things somewhat, though it does stop him from possessing others and makes him hole once more in the Akasha."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:40 pm 

"Each resonance plays into the rippling thrum. We must guide what will be, rather than trying to unring the bell."

The Hilsilage sends reassurance to both of them.

"It becomes a question of what should be done. Clearly the realms must be seperated again. What has been done must be undone. Alas, I know not of any of our people who have been so unwise to disturb the balance of the world. This means that we must seek among the humans for the knowledge."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:59 pm 

"It's all right. He'll calm eventually."

"Oh, the humans did something rash and caused a disaster again, what a surprise," The Saravya commented with a biting tone. "I had things to ask the Phoenix anyway. I might as well bring it up when we meet."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:24 pm 

"They do know much. I wonder if perhaps more information might be had from those who cracked the shell of the world directly. At least as information to add to the body within our shared experience."

The Hilsilage absentmindedly begins to form furrows in the snow and sow small pebbles into them.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:16 pm 

"It was during a war between the Lion and the Phoenix, from what little I heard. I do not know the details though." A faint frown as he looked thoughtful. "I saw a face I recognize. One who has made a study of us. Asako Kashiwagi. He may be willing to share the information, if approached properly. Our memories of The Noriko paint him as a very different man. I think her death pained him more then he has ever admitted. This may be leveraged if needed."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:46 pm 

"I met him briefly in the court of the Piranha. We exchanged letter today. I expect we'll be meeting tomorrow," she replied with a nod. "Would you tell me more of the Noriko and what happened? I can feel the shape of them since you're close, but I'd like to understand the details if you want to potentially use it."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:13 am 

"That seems a prudent course of action. If we can gather more information, we could proffer assistance to our new allies, and thus draw them further into our harmony. I will gather and smooth the Akasha toward your endeavors, The Saravya."

[+2 Harmony Points over the next minute].

The Hilsilage turns to the Shakanar, the Akasha filled with inquisitiveness.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:13 am 

He shifted his coils around the warmed rocks, laying his forearms on the coils as he spoke softly. "The Noriko was a Lion Samurai-ko that, during the war against our kind, came into contact with an artifact that made her half-naga." He paused a moment, gathering his thoughts. "I worked closely with her during Ryoko Owari. There was a....magistrate that had fallen to the foul, using foul magics. He was about to get away with it without punishment. She broke the laws of the rokugani to cut him down, then took her own life." He paused in thought, the akasha filled with feelings of regret and remorse.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:17 am 

The Saravya looked taken aback at that, absorbing and echoing the feelings of sadness. "Why... why would she take her own life after destroying one of the Foul? What did The Kashiwagi have to do with this?"

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:53 am 

The Hilsilage frowns deeply.

"The humans must communicate their sincerity through actions. They are not like us. Their need to be certain what they do is seen for what they intend is so strong it becomes its own kind of madness. This action is the natural result."

Regret passes easily through the Akasha, joining a great throng.

Last edited by The Hilsilage on Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:23 am 

"The one of the foul was not proven as such to the laws of rokugan. He was a high ranked person, and in killing him as she did, she was murdering one of position. She killed herself tho show her protest to the fact he wasn't brought to the law, and to spare her family from the shame of what she had done. The Kashiwagi and her were...Close. Lovers maybe. I do not know the details, because it wasn't my place to pry."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:05 am 

She nodded slowly and looked down. There was no need to say she understood not to bring it up - it didn't need words between them. There was a deep sadness from the event and from what she felt from them, and with that, an equally deep anger. "That can't be the only way... I sometimes question our alliance with them. But... I know it's necessary, too."