It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 3:43 pm

Post subject: Re: [Day 1 - EE] A Boy is a Gun
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:13 pm 

"I would not think to anger your wife in any way," she said, inclining her head.

"Though, I doubt if it was my work she was observing she would find herself angered. A master I may not yet be, but I am skilled and I would do an honor to your deeds. Perhaps though I should best spend my time, when you wish it, to offer you examples of my work so that you might make a judgement for yourself?"

"Or perhaps you might merely wish to speak a-time, to see what I might suggest?"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:47 pm 

"Yes, I would like to see examples of your work," he said honestly.

"Let's do that perhaps tomorrow or the day after?"

Status: 4.0 | Glory: 10.0 | Infamy: .4 | Honor: Untrustworthy
Carried: Wakizashi, Black Fancy Clothing, Chop, Writ of the Asako Inquisitors, Maho Warding Amulet, Jade Amulet, Trash Queen (Tabby Cat)

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:48 pm 

"I am available at your request," she inclined her head humbly, "shall I check in for it or will you prefer to send for me Asako Kashiwagi-sama?"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:51 pm 

"I will send for you, Togashi-san, as my schedule will be mutable in the coming days," he said.

Carried: Wakizashi, Black Fancy Clothing, Chop, Writ of the Asako Inquisitors, Maho Warding Amulet, Jade Amulet, Trash Queen (Tabby Cat)

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:25 am 

"Then I will wait for your word," she said bowing once more.

"Thank you, Agasha Kashiwagi-sama, for your time."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:49 am 

"I assume you are staying in the castle, did you arrive with the refugees?" he asked.

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:12 am 

"No, from the scarce and wild stories I hear on the streets I should count myself lucky to claim that I was among those here for the court prior to the refugees flooding in," she answered.

"I will deliver any updates to how to contact me to those here, the servants, so that you merely need to send it along with no further work on your part. I am yet uncertain, but I would assume that my lodging may be overturned to those more deserving than I and I am most happy to make that sacrifice for them."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:21 am 

"You are a kind soul, Togashi-san," he said warmly.

"What was the situation before my arrival then?"

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:50 am 

"It was as you could likely expect Asako Kashiwagi-sama. Court was set to adjourn without much fanfare, the court proceeded as I find any other court would. Deals struck between clans, politicking and alliances. That is until word arrived of the refugee's that would soon be arriving," she says. a hint of a smile.

Praise coming from one of higher station such as he, it was enough to enliven a soul for a week.

"With such news the garrison has been uneasy, preparing for the focus on added security measures with so many coming here for safety. Many servants have scrambled to make double time so that they might prepare to aid in these endeavors."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:26 am 

Kashiwagi listened and then nodded as he replied, “These times are changing quickly, thank you for that insight Togashi-san.”

She seemed young to him, by Emma-O everyone seemed young these days and he knew he wasn’t even that old but after everything he had experienced it felt like decades weighed on him. He exhaled lightly and said, “The Lion and guests have been a boon to those seeking refuge from the chaos of Winter Court, we cannot thank you all enough.”

He started packing his things and added, “You realize the politicking will not stop, it may only increase.”

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:48 am 

"Hai, as I can only expect, and yet I will continue to pay attention as I always have. So that I might glean an even greater understanding of the Empire if it, by chance, presents itself. Others of my Clan are like to be better adapt to handle the politicking for us moving forward and so I imagine, aside from pursuing my art I may yet lend my idle hands to helping where I may," she said laying her hands out at her sides in show of display.

"Though, I am certain, that there are many Samurai who might wish for the insight of a monk, one how has put much thought to life, in these trying times. In that too I might be able to make use of myself here."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:59 am 

"The wisdom of the Dragon will be needed," he said confidently.

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:10 am 

"For what of it I hold with me I will surely give in aid," she said with the briefest of smiles but contained her On. Bowing her head.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:30 pm 

“That is all anyone can do in these trying times,” he said as he organized his effects.

“Destiny has seen fit to cast into the center of pivotal events in the Empire, it will be our response to such trials that will define the words of history.”

He chuckled and added, “But such heady talk is for another day, I am sure the Dragon will be ready to act when the time comes.” He was sure that was true of most clans, what that response would be especially for the Dragon was truly mystery.

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:04 pm 

Taking a look at the painting once more, as he collected his other belongings, she made an appraisal on this 'amateur' work and decided it was greater than another amateur's work.

"With a hero such as yourself Asako Kashiwagi-sama, I am confident that whatever trials await us will be met admirably," she said with confidence, a slight smirk.

"Did yo need a hand in transporting the work you have done here today, Asako Kashiwagi-sama?" she asked.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:31 am 

"Thank you, that would be helpful," he said and then began carrying back to his chambers with her aid.

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:38 am 

Taking on as much of a burden as she could manage with care, Togashi Mai would aid him in carrying everything back to his chambers. Focusing on the transportation for a time.

"If I may, Asako Kashiwagi-sama, I would offer you my appraisal on the work you have done here," she began, carefully.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:40 am 

"Please do, I am ready for a scathing review," he mused.

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:46 am 

"I apologize then, Asako Kashiwagi-sama, for I cannot offer you such a scathing review, but it is my thought that this painting is, in truth, more than that of the work of a mere amateur. May it is that of one who has so recently begun to test their ability with the art but there is a talent here, perhaps a love? May or may not for the subject, but a desire for a patience and detail that gives the work itself a breath of life," she says.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:51 am 

"It was inspired by Shosuro-daimyo, I plan to give it to her as a gift," he offered.

TN 0 to be Recognized.