It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 5:34 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 387 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 20  Next
 Post subject: Re: Courtroom Debates [Day 1, Early Afternoon]
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:53 pm 

The magistrate complied immediately, rising quietly and approaching the governor's side in quick steps, then returning to the position of a seated bow. "Shimizu-sama." Her voice communicated attentiveness, her natural state of being.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:58 pm 

Matsu Kōgyoku wrote:
The magistrate complied immediately, rising quietly and approaching the governor's side in quick steps, then returning to the position of a seated bow. "Shimizu-sama." Her voice communicated attentiveness, her natural state of being.

"Matsu-san. It has been an eventful morning. But the proper procedures are falling into place for the refugees, and things are growing more calm... outside of the court, anyway. The calm before the storm." He sighs. "If the castle is the eye of the storm, shouldn't it be most calm here?" he asks, looking out at the menagerie.

"Have you fared well?"

Run by GM "Never Messes Up" Lucidicide

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:11 pm 

"I have, Shimizu-sama. I am well when my duty is clear and pressing so that I can acutely feel that what I am doing serves my lord, and consequently the Lion." She answered honestly. "Many ambiguities remain, but even though I have my own thoughts on the grave matter at hand, I have trust in our Clan's leadership to lead the Right Hand to where it should grasp."

She glanced where he was looking.

"Your court has turned more diverse, and still mostly united by purpose. I think this portends well for the coming challenge. Over Shiro Matsu, spring storms are a welcome recurrence."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:21 pm 

Matsu Kōgyoku wrote:
"I have, Shimizu-sama. I am well when my duty is clear and pressing so that I can acutely feel that what I am doing serves my lord, and consequently the Lion." She answered honestly. "Many ambiguities remain, but even though I have my own thoughts on the grave matter at hand, I have trust in our Clan's leadership to lead the Right Hand to where it should grasp."

She glanced where he was looking.

"Your court has turned more diverse, and still mostly united by purpose. I think this portends well for the coming challenge. Over Shiro Matsu, spring storms are a welcome recurrence."

He nods slightly as he listens to her. "Certainly after months of snow, I would greet the rain."

He settles back into his chair a bit. "You seem to be at peace with the situation, and that is good. I envy you that. I am resolute and optimistic, but it does not go so far as to give me any comfort in these times. It is why I often look to the details: the amount of food, the upkeep of the wall, and more. A painting is made by every brushstroke, and I look to those strokes."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:44 pm 

"Perhaps peace of mind is the privilege of the more ignorant and less responsible." She mused in an attempt to cheer the governor up a bit. "I carry my portion of disquiet though, as well as I can. I don't aspire to know what's in the mind of the painter, being an assistant is purposeful enough." Kōgyoku spoke earnestly. Her life was an antithesis of self-aggrandisement.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:49 pm 

Seppun Horonigai wrote:
Horonigai enters court in a brand new junihitoe. How she found one after arriving with nothing but her daisho and a cat remains a secret Imperial technique.

Her green eyes are narrowed and devoid of any brightness, much to the confusion of those that once knew the energetic –– and sometimes annoying –– young maiden.

As her cousin-in-law approaches, Horonigai replies with a cold tone of voice and a stern gaze, "I am yet to understand, Chiyo-san."

She adds, "Yoroshiku onegaishimasu," with a returning bow to her family member.

"Of course, Horonigai-sama, I do not mean to distill answers you do not have. I just..." Chiyo held up her hands helplessly, "I hear only rumors and supposition. I truly do not understand WHAT has happened. People talk of the...of the unspeakable."

She shook her head.

"Has Hantei-dono journeyed to Tengoku?"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:52 pm 

Matsu Kōgyoku wrote:
"Perhaps peace of mind is the privilege of the more ignorant and less responsible." She mused in an attempt to cheer the governor up a bit. "I carry my portion of disquiet though, as well as I can. I don't aspire to know what's in the mind of the painter, being an assistant is purposeful enough." Kōgyoku spoke earnestly. Her life was an antithesis of self-aggrandisement.

Kendo regarded her curiously. "You spoke of the Lion as the Right Hand, and it seems that perhaps you are a right hand yourself." He holds up his right hand for a moment and inspects it. "I don't think I could properly wield a blade without my right hand. I'm glad to have one."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:12 pm 

Nagiko wrote:
'' Ah, i see.'' Nagiko felt at ease with that explanation. '' Well this is all theoretical ''she said '' I don't know much, but could you be assigned, ancestors of other realms right? if i'm understanding correctly...''

'' One could have ancestors in all realms, then?''

Kayou ponders. "Perhaps but depending on how much of a realm they had . . . imbibed, they might not wish to perform the duties of an ancestor any longer."

Carries: Prayer Beads, satchel with writing supplies.

Description
Art by Joanne Kwan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:13 pm 

Wasako was quick to give a wave of her hand at Norikami's words as an objection. "No, not at all, Bayushi-san. I think could hardly do such a thing to anyone. Actually, I was just hoping for the faint possibility that there could be an artisan that could spring up and enlighten us all with their art. I'm not a good replacement."

"I have some artistic talent..." She admitted on a reluctant note, something she considered a footnote than anything. "I know some dancing and the children finally don't run away when I try the flute."

Character Profile • Art by Joanne Kwan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:15 pm 

"We have found our artist," he responded.

Status: 4.0 | Glory: 10.0 | Infamy: .4 | Honor: Untrustworthy
Carried: Wakizashi, Black Fancy Clothing, Chop, Writ of the Asako Inquisitors, Maho Warding Amulet, Jade Amulet, Trash Queen (Tabby Cat)

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:20 pm 

Seppun Chiyo wrote:
"Of course, Horonigai-sama, I do not mean to distill answers you do not have. I just..." Chiyo held up her hands helplessly, "I hear only rumors and supposition. I truly do not understand WHAT has happened. People talk of the...of the unspeakable."

She shook her head.

"Has Hantei-dono journeyed to Tengoku?"

Horonigai nods. Maintaining her head down, she replies, "The unspeakable you mention, happened. Albeit it is unclear to me how it managed to occur, or why."

Gear: daisho, another classy fan, another extravagant furisode (or plain kimono and hakama), silk umbrella, jade obi dome (pendant), golden kushi kanzashi (head comb).
Duty/Outside: Armor Up!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:22 pm 

Asako Kashiwagi wrote:

To him it was getting more difficult to pipe up. He could smell the difference in status between him and the Asako. He didn't mind that normally, but all his deeds tended to weigh in with his words. It was a pain in the ass for him to continue the conversation the way he wanted to, and that likely suited Kashiwagi just fine.
Mirumoto Wasako wrote:
"I have some artistic talent..." She admitted on a reluctant note, something she considered a footnote than anything. "I know some dancing and the children finally don't run away when I try the flute."

"Well far be it from me to truly convince either of you", he said eventually with a shrug.
"Though I would't object if Mirumoto-san decided to entertain at a later date, and let me know where it would be."

When Allowed: Armor, No-Dachi, Yumi/Arrows

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:32 pm 

The Asako had no dog in this fight and if the young Scorpion wanted to play hide the flute with the Dragon who was he to interfere. He was feeling capricious and added, “Make it a duet then, your humble voice and her mysterious flute joined together to create something beautiful.”

“I pray the Fortunes bless your paths, minna-sama,” and he was gone moving through the crowd.

Status: 4.0 | Glory: 10.0 | Infamy: .4 | Honor: Untrustworthy
Carried: Wakizashi, Black Fancy Clothing, Chop, Writ of the Asako Inquisitors, Maho Warding Amulet, Jade Amulet, Trash Queen (Tabby Cat)

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:53 pm 

Kakita Rin wrote:
Rin tapped a finger against the rim of his cup in praise at the bold move. He took a sip and considered what this would mean in the greater scheme of things. A moment later and he nodded.

He reached forward and with a delicate push rotated the hapless turtle on it's back a half circle.

After some time in thought she moved the Scorpion so that its pincers seemed ready to right the tortoise, though the tail was now close to the inverted belly. Gesturing to Rin's cup she reached for the pot and lifted it. An eyebrow arched in his direction.

"Oh she's very pretty. For a Daidoji." - Random Doji courtier.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:56 pm 

Asako Kashiwagi wrote:

"Eto..." She murmured at first and found herself a bit flustered as responding, even countering out of modesty. However, he was of rank and he said so, potentially it might be true?

"And you as well, Asako-sama, thank you," she said as she bowed deeply at his departure.

Rising from her bow, she looked Norikami wordlessly as if trying to gather his opinion on the inquisitor's words.

Character Profile • Art by Joanne Kwan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:02 pm 

Mirumoto Wasako wrote:
Rising from her bow, she looked Norikami wordlessly as if trying to gather his opinion on the inquisitor's words.

Norikami as well bowed to the Asako who departed.

Tsk...

With a glance at Wasako his mouth cracked open in a smile.

"Well, I'm for it. Asako-dono suggests we make music together."

When Allowed: Armor, No-Dachi, Yumi/Arrows

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:18 pm 

Agasha Poemu wrote:
Poemu gave a nod at the conversation, even as Mogami sat. "An honor to make your acquaintance Matsu-san. This one is Agasha Poemu. Shosuro-san and I were just discussing the court at Morikage Toshi and those that have gathered here."

Mogami looks out over the crowded masses

"A mess, really. Trying to fit two courts worth of people here is a challenge."

She looks back to the two

"What are your thoughts on the current situation?"

Mogami's Equipment: Battle: Light Armor, Yumi, Quiver w Flesh Cutter Arrows, Daisho
Court: Decent quality kimono and courtiers fan

Budoka's Tsuruga and Fuwa's Eqiupment:
Battle: Ashigaru Armor | Han-Kyu, Quiver w Willow Leaf Arrows | Yari
Court: Kimono

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:18 pm 

Seitouna continues to write furiously from his vantage point.
Quote:
I note, too, that while there was earnest discussion of how to meet the threat that had presented itself, and there were other discussions that spring up whenever any diverse group meets, some yet attended to the arts. And it was good to see the youthful merriment in the eyes of some who seemed almost to amuse themselves as if with toys on the floors of their childhood homes. That they felt so secure in the place then, even with the news of the Emperor's death having come, surely bespeaks their trust in the Lion's strength. Whoever might think it would have another source...well, there are opinions and opinions, after all.

Thinking * Speaking Merenae * Speaking Thrane
Generally wears decent kimono & sandals, jitte, wakizashi
Wears extravagant kimono & sandals and wakizashi at court
Almost always has paper and something to write with
Public Profile

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:40 pm 

Ryuuta Kin wrote:
"Though any agreements that were made and specifically sanctioned by the Son of Heaven that are lost are likely just lost and will require renegotiation or new sanctioning after this crisis is dealt with."

"Yes, they are obviously contingent on all parties being alive to ratify them, otherwise any unscrupulous courtier could just forge the documents and claim that an agreement was reached."

Iko's mind definitely didn't entertain the notion of making such suggestions to anyone...nope...not at all.

Carries: Daisho, Yumi (where appropriate)
Description

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:57 am 

Shimizu Kendo wrote:
Kendo regarded her curiously. "You spoke of the Lion as the Right Hand, and it seems that perhaps you are a right hand yourself." He holds up his right hand for a moment and inspects it. "I don't think I could properly wield a blade without my right hand. I'm glad to have one."

"If this is how you choose to see my service, Shimizu-san, I shall do my utmost to meet corresponding obligations even though I would be dishonest to presume more competence in important matters..." She glanced toward the court recalling her weak voice in the debate. "...that I actually have. Perhaps a metaphor of a single finger from your ruling hand would work better?"

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 387 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 20  Next