It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:42 am

Post subject: Dog training (D1-LA)(open!)
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:36 pm 

"Ok, Jiro! Now, just like we practiced!"

The black dog sat awaiting orders. His female partner, stood defensively protecting his mistress. She looked just as alert as the veteran Jiro.

Bending, the Mantis grabbed a few lumps of snow barehanded. Kanade threw the two snowballs. "Jiro, left!"

The black kai-ken bounded through the snow and snapped the target with his powerful jaws, giving a good head shake to ensure the snowball was good and dead. He looked around alert and took a pointed stance at the sight of his kill.

Carries: wakizashi, abacus, coin purse and satchel

Post subject: Re: Dog training (D1-LA)(open!)
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:54 pm 

Doing a round to checkout the city surroundings, Isawa Inugami walked by. He looked at the black dog smiling fetching the snow ball. He looked around for the dog's master and slowly approached. "Hello..." he saluted with a bow.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:19 pm 

Both dogs looked at Kanade, before turning their heads to the Isawa. "Alright, go ahead!" She said with the slightest of chuckles. The two canines bounded through the snow to greet the Phoenix samurai.

"Greetings, Isawa-san. This one is called Kanade." A small yip got another giggle. "Oh yes, the black one is Jiro and the red and black is Hadena."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:43 pm 

The Isawa patted the two dogs on the head. "They are quite the specimens." As he kneeled to scratch Hadena behind the ear. "Good to train them in this weather. Quite cold, ne."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:53 pm 

"Thank you, Isawa-San! Jiro has travelled to a cave in Dragon lands filled with melting rocks. Yet he never protests, and always has quite the boundless energy. Both are great help on our kobune. Hopefully, a few of their pups are even more suited to ship life."

Kanade didn't seem the slightest fazed by the cold, if anything seemed a little underdressed.

"How does this snow compare to what you are used to?"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:02 am 

Still smarming a bit from the events at court earlier, Asakuro ventured on a walk by the city gates and the nearby area to see if any of his fellow Tortoise representatives from the winter court had arrived. What was a large rush of individuals coming in from the morning was now likely a trickle, the stragglers and those that fought in the rearguard to slow down the specters and survived to make it here. Nobody. Damn... where are you in all this, Sotai? Please tell me you made it out and I have simply missed running into you yet...

His concentration broken by the sound of barking dogs, he was intrigued enough to investigate, soon coming across the source of the sound and what he assumed was their respective masters.

"Good afternoon Mantis-san, Phoenix-san," he introduced somewhat warmly before offer each of them a bow. "Forgiveness, but the sound of the pups caught my attention - fine specimens both I must say! Such beautiful color and shiny coats," he observed, nodding his head a bit as he looked over the dogs.

Carries: Fan, personal seal, wakizashi, chopsticks, water bottle, kiseru, small knife, sake cup
Sometimes featuring now: Mamoru the Frazzled Peafowl!
Language Colors: MerenaeThrane
Profile!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:20 pm 

He gave a slight chuckle. "The smell of wet dog... Some people do not like it." He stood back up. "But joke aside, the uneven terrain and sinking down the snow. Contrary to normal training where the terrain is more predetermined to prepare for the uneven one." He explained.

He looked at the Tortoise. "Good afternoon. I am Isawa Inugami." He looked at the Mantis to hear her name.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:40 pm 

"A pleasure, Isawa-san - this one is Kasuga Asakuro, Imperial Peafowl Supervisor, handler and collector of creatures great and small," he responded with his own name in return before he too turned to the Mantis.

Carries: Fan, personal seal, wakizashi, chopsticks, water bottle, kiseru, small knife, sake cup
Profile!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:55 pm 

Erina has spent most of the day trying to fulfill Tani's request to help get people away. While others would be trying to seek shelter in the city, she had something that might be a problem within the city.

Rather, two somethings. Two fuzzy somethings. Ore and Kamu were well trained enough, and were hardly a danger to the populace (unless some fool decided to attack them or her), but it was unsettling times, and people had enough Lion looking over their shoulder to worry about, well, actual lions.

Ore's ears twitch, and the warcat begins to sneak along. Erina can hear it soon as well, the barking of dogs.

"Shall we see then?"

The warcat's tail thrashes in delight as he bounds ahead, tail held high in the air. Erina jogs along after him, Kamu plodding along to keep up.

It seemed there was a group of dogs...and people. A Pheonix and a few minor clan members.

"Did we interrupt?"

Two Warcats: Ore and Kamu

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:27 pm 

"Mmm, not at all..." the Tortoise began to say as he turned to politely greet the newcomer, only for his eyes to come in contact with the big cats well before he saw the Lion standing there with them. His eyes lingered for another second or two before eyeing what he hoped was their handler.

".. Matsu-san. This one is Kasuga Asakuro," he finished his sentence, giving the Matsu a respectful bow. "What wondrous cats, I might say - this weather we are having is none too cold for them?" he asked politely as he did his best to keep attention on the newcomer rather than the lions now looming over the group of them.

Profile!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:10 pm 

"They don't love it. But there's a good chance that they'll have to put up with it when it counts, so it helps to get them used to it."

Erina scratches the nook of Kamu's neck, the warcat turning into the gesture for her fingers to sink deeper.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:05 am 

"We all must while we are here, but I have no doubt in your ability to make it so, Matsu-san," he said as he watched the wearcat further. "Do they have names?"

Profile!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:26 am 

"This is Ore. That is Kamu. Shake boy." Ore turns and let's out a chuff, turning back and batting Erina's chest.

"No!" Erina playfully bats the cat on the head.

"So who are the pups? And whose are they?"

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:22 pm 

"This one is Kanade of the mantis. This is Jiro." She pointed and the black one, "his less experienced lady friend that is now attempting to greet a lion is Hadena." Hadena sniffed at Kamu and play bowed. Kanade shook her head slightly at the action. Jiro stood resolute, tail held straight back, waiting for commands.

Kanade was a bit surprised by the sudden appearance of so many newcomers, despite the weather. She shrugged it off though.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:28 pm 

It seemed that both the canines and the felines are well trained. Inugami paid more attention to the dogs rather than the big felines. He looked at the Mantis. "Hadena is quite curious pup. How old is she?"

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:35 pm 

"Play nice Kamu." Erina warns as the pup comes closer.

"Still in training, huh?" Erina's demeanor seems to become...sharper.

"Sit girl."

Train the Dog, Unknown TN, Awareness (Animal Handling): 8d10o10k3 23

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:56 pm 

Hadena took a quick glance towards her mistress before sitting. She looked between Erina and Kanade, before cocking her head, in a very canine look of confusion.

"Good girl, Hadena!" Kanade encouraged, before adding to Inugami, "she's almost two. Though, personality wise she is a bit more playful when at ease. Jiro is five in case you were wondering, and as you can see, he fancies himself bbushido. She did the best she could to hide her amusement as Jiro stood ever so slightly straighter, his nose raising the slightest bit.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:07 pm 

"Good girl." Erina nods and smiles. "She seems well trained to me. Where did you get them?"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:01 am 

"Jiro was a gift to me by my husband a bit before the miai that decided our marraige. A fine partner he has become." The man or the dog, it was a bit unclear. Either way there was a hint of pride to the statement.

"Hadena was a more recent acquisition. We were looking for a dog like Jiro that can handle the swaying of our kobune. Both balance and speed were necessary traits, as well as some resistance to the elements. We had some difficulties with loud noises and the spray from large waves causing fearful reactions among the first couple candidates. Pet dogs aren't often suited to kobune like Jiro.

Yet I found a merchant in West Hub village..." she looked s tad nervous knowing how most view commerce, "through my contacts among my Yasuki relatives. An old man had some pups of roughly the same size and build as Jiro. He claimed the father was fearless and even fought a goblin single handedly."

"The pups were already about 6 months and he only had Hadena and one male left of the litter. I took a chance and bought her. Seems the kami were with me."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:55 am 

"West Hub, you say? Most interesting - I was unaware that the villages were home to purveyors of such fine pets! I occasionally go to the docks in North Hub to pick up fine specimens for the Menagerie, but perhaps I might need to take a detour - my dear wife Yukari would appreciate some extra company around the home while this one attends to his duties," Asakuro nodded, making a mental note to do just that if he ever escaped this place.

"You both are quite avid trainers - would either of you have any handling tips that you might share for your respective pets? I have not had need to handle creatures of such magnificent creatures much larger than myself," he began, looking at the lions, "nor except for a small cat for a time or two have I had to train smaller creatures full of such youthful spirit and energy," he finished, this time looking at the pups. "My main charge, the Imperial Peafowl named Mojaku, is quite a content creature and rarely has required my hand for direction, though for esteemed visitors coming through the Menagerie I have taught the bird a trick or two that has it show off its wondrous colors."

Profile!