It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 5:25 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 387 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 20  Next
 Post subject: Re: Courtroom Debates [Day 1, Early Afternoon]
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:51 am 

"My reason for being here is pretty simple. I can't say that I have an assignment here or an important appointment to keep with a diplomat of the courts. I have been informed by sensei that something was afoot here and that events here would enlightening to observe."

She frowned faintly as she looked to the court at large, despite it being a place of words, she got the sense that there more sentiments that weren't put into words just yet. "As wise as he is, I don't think he thought all of this was the matter."

Straightening in her stance, she crossed her arms and looked inquisitive at the Scorpion. "And what brought you this way, Bayushi-san?"

Character Profile • Art by Joanne Kwan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:58 am 

Mirumoto Wasako wrote:
"My reason for being here is pretty simple. I can't say that I have an assignment here or an important appointment to keep with a diplomat of the courts. I have been informed by sensei that something was afoot here and that events here would enlightening to observe."

She frowned faintly as she looked to the court at large, despite it being a place of words, she got the sense that there more sentiments that weren't put into words just yet. "As wise as he is, I don't think he thought all of this was the matter."

Straightening in her stance, she crossed her arms and looked inquisitive at the Scorpion. "And what brought you this way, Bayushi-san?"

Her sensei is definitely a Dragon. She seems a little different though.

"I was on my way home, my associate and I were caught up in this along the road to Morikage Toshi", he answered. "A long way for you to come from the mountains only to see all this bad fortune, eh? What is it you do in your homeland? You don't look like a fresh student of the dojo if you don't mind the observation."

When Allowed: Armor, No-Dachi, Yumi/Arrows

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:06 am 

Tamaki waits until there is an opening.

"It is clear what must be done. The spirit of Hantei XVI is a lost spirit who is violating the Celestial Order. To allow him to take the Throne would be an affront to the Heavens."

It was a simple speech, but Tamaki knew how make people listen.

Roll: 42+3 Raises+Void = 4 Imperialist Points

EDIT: Made clear the side I was speaking for.

Background

Last edited by Asako Tamaki on Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:06 am 

Kashiwagi found a place to observe quietly, he felt it best to listen and say nothing of value.

OOC: PM if approached.

Status: 4.0 | Glory: 10.0 | Infamy: .4 | Honor: Untrustworthy
Carried: Wakizashi, Black Fancy Clothing, Chop, Writ of the Asako Inquisitors, Maho Warding Amulet, Jade Amulet, Trash Queen (Tabby Cat)

TN 0 to be Recognized.

Last edited by Asako Kashiwagi on Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:15 am 

Nagiko wrote:
'' I see...'' Nagiko tries to make sense of the analogy. '' But what about others ancestors? I mean, i understand Kayou-san analogy of the tree. And since Hantei XVI-heika, or shiryo, or whatever he is, is still an ancestor could that mean that some ancestors could be dangerous for the good of our families and the empire?

'' I, uh, i'm interested in the other types of ancestors, those that don't come from Yomi''

"It is known that some . . ." Kayou pauses, dropping her voice so that only Nagiko can hear, "ancestors have fallen to the Dark, becoming monsters seeking to devour the Empire. They may be other spiritual maladies that the Ancestors can fall to."

Carries: Prayer Beads, satchel with writing supplies.

Description
Art by Joanne Kwan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:20 am 

Wasako raised her brows for a moment. "That's unfortunate, especially when you had intended to find yourself elsewhere than here. Then again, I suppose everyone who's found themselves displace doesn't have a home waiting for them, like you and I."

"A mountain higher than most, too." She narrowed one eye at Norikami for a quick moment. "What would a fresh dojo student look like, exactly?"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:39 am 

Kakita Rin wrote:
Equally not expecting much conversation, Rin sat just beside watching proceedings with a surprisingly serious face for once.

Tetsuko favored him with a polite smile. She was accustomed to long, quiet stints on duty, guarding those more suited to speaking their minds. With a small motion she gestured to the origami animals and raised an eyebrow at her cousin.

"Oh she's very pretty. For a Daidoji." - Random Doji courtier.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:39 am 

Kendo shifts in his seat and looks out over the crowd, observing who is there. Anyone watching closely notices that he studiously doesn't look up into the balcony, in what clearly took some practicing.

Run by GM "Never Messes Up" Lucidicide

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:40 am 

Mirumoto Wasako wrote:
"A mountain higher than most, too." She narrowed one eye at Norikami for a quick moment. "What would a fresh dojo student look like, exactly?"

"Less confident, less mature, more anxious to wave her swords around and show off." He puffed his pipe, a teasing smile showing where his mempo was skewed aside so he could smoke. "That wrong?"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:45 am 

Kashiwagi gestured for a servant and penned a letter while he listened.

Status: 4.0 | Glory: 10.0 | Infamy: .4 | Honor: Untrustworthy
Carried: Wakizashi, Black Fancy Clothing, Chop, Writ of the Asako Inquisitors, Maho Warding Amulet, Jade Amulet, Trash Queen (Tabby Cat)

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:50 am 

She gave his point some thought with a hand on her chin. "Not exactly right but probably close. It's hard to generalize in what a recent student might do, as varied as we are even with one sensei. Often confidence is in large abundance especially when you only have yourself, your peers and your sensei to compare yourself to. While you aren't beyond your sensei, you are at the same level as everyone else. Waving swords might be a side effect but are you talking about the good sword waving or the bad sort of sword waving?"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:32 am 

The Hilsilage enters, trying to keep his personage from encumbering anyone. His face is carefully friendly. He moves slowly around the milling crowd at the entrance, listening for where he might best fit to create harmony.

Carries: A red and black fan and hat.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:45 am 

Kayou wrote:
"It is known that some . . ." Kayou pauses, dropping her voice so that only Nagiko can hear, "ancestors have fallen to the Dark, becoming monsters seeking to devour the Empire. They may be other spiritual maladies that the Ancestors can fall to."

Could be Hime-chan be such a creature? Nagiko became disturbed by the thought that Asahime could be a dark monster seeking to devour the empire.

'' Hmmm, what about Sakkaku, Kayou-san?'' Nagiko took out her fan in order to hide her lips and her voice so only Kayou could hear it. '' What about an ancestor coming from that realm?''

Carries: Daisho, Extravagant Clothes, Light-Armor (when appropiate), Fan, Mantis' silk and spices
Profile|Theme 2!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:47 am 

Mirumoto Wasako wrote:
She gave his point some thought with a hand on her chin. "Not exactly right but probably close. It's hard to generalize in what a recent student might do, as varied as we are even with one sensei. Often confidence is in large abundance especially when you only have yourself, your peers and your sensei to compare yourself to. While you aren't beyond your sensei, you are at the same level as everyone else. Waving swords might be a side effect but are you talking about the good sword waving or the bad sort of sword waving?"

He folded his arms, something like disbelief and amusement crossing his eyes..Norikami wondered if all Dragon were so far off the mark, or if it was just this particular woman. Who doesn't see such a blatant compliment? And he thought he was pouring it on rather thick as well.

"Oh, for certain, the bad kind. The sort that makes your sense wish he hadn't endorsed your gempukku."

he decided to change gears by offering a smile again.

"Though you needn't worry about that, I don't think. Tell me, are you a student of the Mirumoto dojo or did you follow your own path as so many Dragon are allowed to do?"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:26 am 

Ren continued to listen as one by one the people walked forward. Something in her rebelled against all the argumentation and direness of the situation... she yearned to pull some mischievous prank as she was wont to do at many a formal engagement.

But this time she only stood and watched silently... listening to the marching of many feet along the path...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:00 am 

Agasha Poemu wrote:
Poemu had politely ignored the Unicorn, and she was not about to change that. SHe smiled at Sara's words instead, keeping the topic on hand. "I must confess I don't remember many of your clan from Winter Court, which is in large part thanks to my needing to spend time with the Lion and Imperial delegations. As for others I recognize..."

She paused and looked around as well, pointing with her fan a few times. "I recognize a few of the Lions from the court. Ikoma Homura for instance, and Matsu Tani as well, though we spoke only briefly before. Asako... Kashiwagi I believe it was?... was also there, and was quite bold, so it is hard to forget him..."

She trailed off and gave a seated bow to the Matsu as she approached. "Matsu-sama, konnichi-wa." She said no more, glancing toward Sara. The table had been hers, and she would not interrupt the conversation further unless the Shosuro wished to recognize the Lion as well.

"Ah yes, I am familiar with Ikoma-san as well. I was most busy preparing for the play, but even I heard of Asako-Kashiwagi-sama..." her train of thought changed as she saw the new arrival.

"Matsu-san, would you care to join us for some tea?"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:06 am 

Mogami's eyes twinkle in recognition.

"Ah, Shosuro-san! I did not recognize you from across the room."

Realizing she is showing much to...much...she opens her fan in front of her face and bows to the Dragon, her Budoka following suit lower.

"Matsu Mogami"

She offers to the woman.

"And I would be delighted!"

Mogami's Equipment: Battle: Light Armor, Yumi, Quiver w Flesh Cutter Arrows, Daisho
Court: Decent quality kimono and courtiers fan

Budoka's Tsuruga and Fuwa's Eqiupment:
Battle: Ashigaru Armor | Han-Kyu, Quiver w Willow Leaf Arrows | Yari
Court: Kimono

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:59 am 

Shimizu Kendo wrote:
Kendo shifts in his seat and looks out over the crowd, observing who is there. Anyone watching closely notices that he studiously doesn't look up into the balcony, in what clearly took some practicing.

EA1. What's going on? Investigation.: 6d10o10k3+3 26

The magistrate noticed and she assumed that it was because important considerations were on his mind... though was there more to notice about it? She turned toward the governor and inclined her head, indicating that she was at disposal if he had an errand for her. It might put her abilities to better use than just sitting there.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:19 pm 

Seitouna looks at Tamaki as she speaks and keeps writing.
Quote:
One, a Phoenix, helped to break the impasse, it seemed. Speaking with the knowledge of her Clan, she asserted that, in fact, the slayer of his heir, Hantei XVI, was a spirit in violation of the Order of Heaven. Though only upon one leg, she stood firm on the point, introducing a certainty that reinforced the fervor already in the room.

He glances towards Kendo, noting the governor's distraction. His eyes follow Kogyoku's, though his vantage does not allow quite so clear a view as hers. (Investigation 20)

That might be a useful addendum, he thinks.

Thinking * Speaking Merenae * Speaking Thrane
Generally wears decent kimono & sandals, jitte, wakizashi
Wears extravagant kimono & sandals and wakizashi at court
Almost always has paper and something to write with
Public Profile

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:23 pm 

Daidoji Tetsuko wrote:
Tetsuko favored him with a polite smile. She was accustomed to long, quiet stints on duty, guarding those more suited to speaking their minds. With a small motion she gestured to the origami animals and raised an eyebrow at her cousin.

In response he smiled, placed his tea cup on the floor in front of him and carefully considered the origami before him.

A moment later he picked up the Scorpion, looked at it more closely and then set it down beside the Lion.

Status 1.0 * Glory 2.0 * Honour Exceptional

Carries: Daisho, fan. When appropriate: Light Armour and Yumi.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 387 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 20  Next