It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 4:59 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Last bath of the night (D1 LE Open)
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:37 pm 

Chihaya rolled her eye, but took another cup, before leaning back against the stone.

"So, Ikoma-san, did you study with your family storytellers? I've heard them praised most highly."

Profile :: Theme

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:39 am 

Nagiko calmed herself after her internal battle from noticing that Kashiwagi was there. She reached slowly for a cup of the sake that he was offering, to all apparently, and drank it slowly, for now...

Appearances must be mantained, proper behavior, for now...

She then turned to speak to the famous inquisitor. '' Asako-sama, might i ask if Asako Chidori-sama came here with you?''

She was a big fan of hers.

Carries: Daisho, Extravagant Clothes, Light-Armor (when appropiate), Fan, Mantis' silk and spices
Profile|Theme 2!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:42 am 

“Only in spirit, sadly, she is home with child and tending to our estate. Given recent events I am most pleased she was spared what I have seen. But if you are so interested, I am sure she would enjoy a letter from one who thinks so highly of her,” he offered.

“I hope that does not dampen your spirits.”

Status: 4.0 | Glory: 10.0 | Infamy: .4 | Honor: Untrustworthy
Carried: Wakizashi, Black Fancy Clothing, Chop, Writ of the Asako Inquisitors, Maho Warding Amulet, Jade Amulet, Trash Queen (Tabby Cat)

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:03 am 

'' Oh, such a shame.'' Nagiko said as she drank from the sake cup, emptying its content.

'' I have heard about her new book and i was hoping that perhaps i could get a copy.'' She said to the inquistor. '' But it is good to hear that she is fine with your child''

She sipped from the cup.

'' I must offer you my congratulations, Asako-sama. I hope that the Fortunes and Amaterasu-no-kami' light bless and guide you and your family into prosperity and dutiful service to your clan and lords.'' She raised the sake cup.

Carries: Daisho, Extravagant Clothes, Light-Armor (when appropiate), Fan, Mantis' silk and spices
Profile|Theme 2!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:48 am 

"I may have something in my effects if you are looking for something to read," he offered.

"We thank you for the kind words, as well."

Carried: Wakizashi, Black Fancy Clothing, Chop, Writ of the Asako Inquisitors, Maho Warding Amulet, Jade Amulet, Trash Queen (Tabby Cat)

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:56 am 

Chihaya watched the exchange bemusedly.

Life of the rich and famous, she supposed.

Taking another drink of sake, she contemplated how everyone had their own coping mechanisms.

Glancing back at the woman, she inquired, faintly, "Have you met Kashiwagi or his wife... before?"

Or was this just a bit of hero worship?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:30 am 

Asako Kashiwagi wrote:
"I may have something in my effects if you are looking for something to read," he offered.

"We thank you for the kind words, as well."

'' Oh, i will be most honored if you could share it with me, Asako-sama.'' She said politely

Then she turned towards the one-eyed sparrow

Suzume Chihaya wrote:
Glancing back at the woman, she inquired, faintly, "Have you met Kashiwagi or his wife... before?"

Or was this just a bit of hero worship?

'' I have not had the honor of meeting Asako Chidori-sama in person, no. But i have read the first book of Legends of Sakurahime and the one known as Streets of Blood'' She commented.

'' And i heard the rumours of a third book either fully completed or in the process, so...'' She sipped from the sake cup.

'' Very interesting artistic style, she has, so you could consider me as an admirer of her, Suzume-sama''

Profile|Theme 2!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:34 am 

"Suzume-san inspired a character in Streets of Blood," Kashiwagi offered lightly.

"She is a skilled and accomplished duelist as well, nearly rivaling the skill of the House of Kakita."

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:35 am 

"I heard that I had." From her tone, she didn't sound very pleased with that fact.

His other compliment drew a dismissive little wave of one hand. "Were I so talented, I would have a more impressive record - yet I fear Heaven has mostly found in the duel an tool for instruction, by which it might chasten my youthful overconfidence."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:45 am 

Nagiko wrote:
'' Oh, i will be most honored if you could share it with me, Asako-sama.'' She said politely.

"My honored wife lives to inspire the servants of the Empire, she would chastise me sharply if I denied you a chance to read her words," he said coyly.

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:18 am 

Yataa! There was an inner cheerful scream inside Nagiko's mind.

'' If you will so be kind, then, Asako-sama. Perhaps we could meet another time in the near future and see your estemeed wife's words'' She replies to the Inquisitor with a smile.

Then she turned once again to speak to the Sparrow.

'' Suzume-sama, i heard that your clan also deals with the Art of Words, having a rich history with them, or i'm wrong?'' She asked politely.

Profile|Theme 2!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:21 am 

The solid sound of expensive tabi clacks against the stone path toward the natural onsen elegantly announcing Horonigai's arrival. Wearing a thin yukata, she slowly removes the tabi while standing. In a moment, the girl flicks her umbrella open and moves it to the front, fully covering her figure to the ones already present in the pool.

The light coming from the wooden building in the opposite direction enlightens her wavy silhouette against the umbrella's thin protective material. With no hands and a bouncy shake, Horonigai firmly removes the yukata, that slides down to her leg. With a flick of her feet, she lands the silk dress near one of the shelves.

Slowly, she approaches the pool, lowering herself down while umbrella goes up, leaving unseen much of her body while doing so. With bound hair up in a knot, she scans those around with a certain blasé on her eyes. They soon brighten up when se sees...

"Suzume-san~. Konbanwa."

Horonigai provides warm nods to the others as she rests her back against the rocky border.

"Minna-san~"

Gear: daisho, another classy fan, another extravagant furisode (or plain kimono and hakama), silk umbrella, jade obi dome (pendant), golden kushi kanzashi (head comb).
Duty/Outside: Armor Up!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:30 am 

He replied casually to Nagiko, “I will try and make time for you in the coming days.”

At the arrival of Horonigai he raised the slightest of brows at the greeting, the fire in his soul smoldering at the slight. He set it aside for now having recalled the divine blood she had bore not so long ago. He opted for a silent but warm nod to the princess.

He offered respectfully, “There is sake, if Seppun-sama wishes to partake.”

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:39 am 

She can't help but to look up to Kashiwagi's bright new blue eyes, which immediately move away to from them to focus on item he proposed.

A faint, timid smile spreads across her lips. "Iie, Asako-san. I should not indulge in sake. Words though, would refresh my evening."

Gear: daisho, another classy fan, another extravagant furisode (or plain kimono and hakama), silk umbrella, jade obi dome (pendant), golden kushi kanzashi (head comb).

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:51 am 

The Asako hero nodded and took another drink saying, “Of course, Seppun-sama.”

“We could all use some refreshing words, perhaps a tale courtesy of the Henshin monks? Two young monks, Tanzan and Ekido were walking along a road in the spring during a heavy rain. A beautiful Imperial woman was stranded hoping to cross the intersection but her fine kimono and dress would get stained by the elements.”

He continued, “Tanzan boldly lifted her and carried her across, sparing the woman and her clothes the indignity of the mud. She thanked him and the two continued on their way.”

“Ekido did not speak until many hours later when they arrived at the temple and told his friend he could not hold his tongue. He said that monks such as them should not boldly approach pretty young women for it was dangerous to their vows and training! He demanded to know why Tanzan would flaunt such tradition!”

“Tanzan shrugged,” he said coyly and finished with, “I left the girl there, brother, why are you still carrying her?”

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:58 am 

She had nodded to Nagiko and begun to replay when the Seppun made her entrance. Amused by the show, she was momentarily quiet, and then seeing who it was fully distracted her.

Chihaya was surprised to see Horonigai, but nodded in greeting as well, offering a quiet, "Good evening, Seppun-sama."

That Horo had slighted Kashiwagi, Chihaya found, if nothing else, somewhat amusing, simply from his reaction.

And then he told his story, and she glanced between the two, pondering the subtext at play there.

Something... something was wrong between those two.

After a moment, she simply nodded and stated with a straight face. "The real riddle is why she did not dress appropriately for the weather - she could have saved herself the embarrassment of being hefted like a bundle of yams across the road."

Truly, Chihaya was a fount of wisdom.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:03 am 

The Asako chuckled in reply, "Perhaps that is the true wisdom, Suzume-san, the Henshin are clever like that."

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:42 am 

Asako Kashiwagi wrote:
He replied casually to Nagiko, “I will try and make time for you in the coming days.”

''~Of course. I will look forward to it, Asako-sama~'' She said with a smile. Nagiko's voice for a moment sounds like she was purring. She drank all her cup of sake at once before refilling it again.

Then Nagiko stood up again, naked, to bow to the Imperial princess as she approached the group. She did not mind, once again, that Kashiwagi was there.

'' Konbanwa, Seppun-sama. This one name is Nagiko, from the Mantis clan.'' She presented herself to the Imperial.

After that, Nagiko listens to Kashiwagi's story, though she certainly was not the smartest person here, so she simply nods to it as she tries to find some sort of meaning to it.

Suzume-sama's answer was indeed amusing.

'' What is more beneath one's dignity, Stopping yourself from moving forward? Being lifted and carried? or challenging your bows in face of an obstacle?'' Nagiko had no idea what she was talking about. Perhaps the sake was talking instead of her...

Profile|Theme 2!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:47 am 

Nagiko wrote:
'' Konbanwa, Seppun-sama. This one name is Nagiko, from the Mantis clan.'' She presented herself to the Imperial.

"Konbanwa, Nagiko-san. Seppun Horonigai-desu. Yoroshiku onegaishimasu."

Nagiko wrote:
After that, Nagiko listens to Kashiwagi's story, though she certainly was not the smartest person here, so she simply nods to it as she tries to find some sort of meaning to it.

Horonigai also listens attentively to Kashiwagi's story. Yet, she fails to fully find the wisdom behind his words, and even those Chihaya offered.

A lecture on Courtesy by wise Henshin about a beautiful Imperial lady that was unable to prepare herself. A burden it is wiser to stop carrying.

Still shaken from the failure of protecting the Emperor, she only drains sourness from the story.

Horonigai smiles, trying to mask any hint of sorrow.
[Sincerity Unskilled: 3d10k3 21]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:54 am 

Chihaya, quite unaffected, gave a small shrug.

"Perhaps she needed to dress up for a special occasion... but still... perhaps she needed taller sandals."

Sage wisdom abounded in her.

Glancing at the Imperial, she added, softly, "Might you be willing to help a one-eyed woman wash her hair, Seppun-sama?"

She had half a mind to speak with her away from the others.

------
Inv/perception, one eyed penalty, void spent, tn 21: 3d10o10k2 25

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next