It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 1:59 pm

Post subject: [D1, EE] Preparing for the Inevitable
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:51 pm 

[Open Thread]

Determined not to be caught by surprise a second time, Doji Koushi girded his sword and strode to the dojo. After presenting the ritual honors to the spirits of the dojo, he made his way to an unobtrusive corner to begin practicing his cuts. Time and again light flashed, reflected in the steel as it was drawn at blinding speed from the saya. Time and again the Crane frowned and resumed his stance.

Not fast enough.

Carries: Daisho, Fan, Medical Bag.
Wears: Sturdy, functional clothing, Snowshoes (outdoors), light armor (where appropriate
)

Post subject: Re: [D1, EE] Preparing for the Inevitable
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:23 pm 

A new face, not of the Lion, was an intriguing sight indeed for a certain Scorpion. Though first Setsuna heard the signature sound of flashing steel. They stepped up to the entrance of the dojo and watched intently and silently.

Perhaps they intended on allowing the Doji to practice in peace out of politeness, as to not interrupt. Or perhaps the eyes behind the mask were meant to be cruely judging a man at practice.

Typically Carries: Daisho, Jitte, Fan, Personal Seal, Umbrella

DECEASED as of Day 11, Late Afternoon

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:39 pm 

Perhaps cognizant of the Scorpion's watch, Koushi switched from the swift draws of iaijutsu to the flowing, yet angular kata of a practiced Kakita kenjutsu style. After a few maneuvers, he sheathed his weapon and flowed into a bow to the Scorpion.

"Greetings, Bayushi-san." He rose and cocked his head with a forced smile. "Do I pass muster?"

Wears: Sturdy, functional clothing, Snowshoes (outdoors), light armor (where appropriate
)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:47 pm 

The Scorpion man, or woman, was not the only one looking...

A comely woman just recently arrived much like the Scorpion, although from a different entrance. She was there, fanning and hidding her expression behind her richly decorated fan. One could think that maybe she was giggling behind it.

She was wearing a extremely well made pink kimono, and she certainly could pass for a Doji maiden. Though she was also carrying daisho around her obi, or something akin to daisho, since her katana was not a katana, but rather a tsuba-less shikomizue.

A Scorpion and a Crane, that was certainly an interesting sight to be watching.

Carries: Daisho, Extravagant Clothes, Light-Armor (when appropiate), Fan, Mantis' silk and spices
Profile|Theme 2!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:52 pm 

"And greetings to you," Setsuna purred. They then bowed with hands at their side, deeper than the Doji out of deference.

The Bayushi then glanced around, tapping a finger on their masked chin. "Perhaps," they said, "It is not my opinion that matters but instead that of our hosts. After all, they are renowned for being the very best at warfare."

Their tone was casual with a tinge of caution. Some Crane were so touchy about the Lion.

Setsuna glanced at the other observer. Their eyes lingered on Nagiko, as if waiting for them to introduce themselves, before going back towards the Doji in front of them.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:12 pm 

Nagiko's gaze did linger upon the Scorpion. She inspected her, or him, from afar as the movement of her fan, from time to time, revealed a coy smile.

She made a slight nod in acknowledgment, but for now she stayed right where she was.

She was also inspecting the Crane bushi as well. Fully inspecting him.

Carries: Daisho, Extravagant Clothes, Light-Armor (when appropiate), Fan, Mantis' silk and spices
Profile|Theme 2!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:23 pm 

The Crane inclined his head. "I suppose that is so." He turned to bow to the Mantis as well, an acknowledgment of her attention and status, if nothing else.

"This one is Doji Koushi, designated physician." ...of the Crane delegation to His Majesty's Impeial Court. supplied his mind, though he swallowed his reflexive introduction this time, at least.

)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:12 pm 

Setsuna regarded the Crane awhile longer. His words were few, his demeanor polite, but perhaps that told enough.

"Bayushi Setsuna," they announced, foregoing any titles. Their full attention went to the Mantis. That was the game for now, at least.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:47 pm 

And everywhere the Doji went, an iron shadow was sure to follow. Or something like that.

Bowing to the occupants of the dojo, and its shrine, Tetsuko collected a bokken and started out with some training drills. Attack and defend, attack and defend. Drill drill drill. Eventually mushin took over.

"Oh she's very pretty. For a Daidoji." - Random Doji courtier.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:51 am 

Koushi's eyes flick to the Daidoji's entrance, but quickly refocus to the conversation at hand.

Well, at least I am not as the lone deer, running under the hunter's bows all by myself.

)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:55 am 

Finally, Nagiko decided to approach, slowly and gracefully. The young mantis clearly was using an perfume from the strange plants of her native land. It was both soothing and exotic smell.

'' Forgive me if i'm interrupting you Scorpion-sama, Crane-sama.'' She said as she bowed to them. '' This one is Nagiko, from the Islands of Spice and Silk, beyond the mainland and in the domain of Suitengu-no-kami'' She presented herself politely, while offering a somewhat hidden smile behind her fan.

She noticed the arrival of another crane, and she bowed to her as well.

'' I was looking a place to train, but if my presence disturb your own training then i can find another place, minna-sama...'' She said as she fanned herself.

Profile|Theme 2!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:03 am 

"And you have come all this way to bless a Scorpion and... Two Crane with your presence." Setsuna regarded the Daidoji with a demure tilt of the head.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:10 am 

'' I'm not certain if my presence could be considered a bless...'' She smiled to the mysterious Scorpion, giggling a bit. '' or maybe it is.'' She adds and closed her fan, with the grace of a trained courtier.

'' Perhaps we could find out Bayushi-sama, hmm?'' She said

Profile|Theme 2!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:15 am 

Koushi blinked once, slowly. A little forward, but not entirely beyond the pale.

He folded his arms, "If Bayushi-san has no objections, I cannot imagine that your presence would be in any way disturbing, Mantis-san."

)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:18 am 

"I did choose the word 'bless,' Doji-sama, though our esteemed guest seems to contest it." Setsuna placed their hands on their hips, chest and chin high, as they regarded the Mantis' next move.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:24 am 

Pausing mid-strike the Daidoji turned to face all of those gathered. She bowed respectfully once again. "Minna-sama, this one is Daidoji Tetsuko. This is a dojo, please, by all means, train." She gestured at all of the space.

A polite smile accompanied the words. Returning the bokken to its earlier position with an easy yet precise swing she resumed her drills. A pretty Mantis was nothing. Hebiko-dono used to attack them at random to keep them on their toes.

"Oh she's very pretty. For a Daidoji." - Random Doji courtier.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:30 am 

'' hmmm '' Nagiko opened her fan again, slowly. '' Seems that there's no objection.'' She gave another gaze to the mysterious Scorpion, inspecting from hips to mask.

'' Doji-sama, i assume that you are a Kakita trained bushi, i'm right?'' Nagiko asked. '' This is my first time here in the mainland, it is not very common to see your skill in our remote islands.'' She commented.

'' My father taught me what he knew about the Way of the Sword but perhaps you can honor me with a small demostration?'' She said politely. '' I'm quite interested in the art.''

'' Daidoji Tetsuko-sama. It is a honor. This one is Nagiko. Yoroshiku.'' She presented as the Daidoji presented herself.

Profile|Theme 2!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:42 am 

Nagiko wrote:
'' hmmm '' Nagiko opened her fan again, slowly. '' Seems that there's no objection.'' She gave another gaze to the mysterious Scorpion, inspecting from hips to mask.

'' Doji-sama, i assume that you are a Kakita trained bushi, i'm right?'' Nagiko asked. '' This is my first time here in the mainland, it is not very common to see your skill in our remote islands.'' She commented.

'' My father taught me what he knew about the Way of the Sword but perhaps you can honor me with a small demostration?'' She said politely. '' I'm quite interested in the art.''

'' Daidoji Tetsuko-sama. It is a honor. This one is Nagiko. Yoroshiku.'' She presented as the Daidoji presented herself.

Koushi smiled. "This one is Mantis-san's servant. How could he refuse one interested in art? But please understand that he is a lesser practitioner only, and would not wish to sully your esteem with his efforts."

He bowed fluidly. "Sumimasen."

)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:53 am 

The Scorpion crossed their arms and rested their chin on two fingers, the other non-thumb digits resting on their mask.

"You were already obliging us with a demonstration, no? Or shall this be more... Ceremonial?"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:54 am 

Koushi inclined his head. "Formal, perhaps, as it ought to be for one who wishes to see art realized, rather than a man reaching for the next level, and not as yet reaching it."

)