It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:13 pm

Post subject: Re: [D12 EA] - Imperial Lo Mein (Ask first before hopping in
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 3:28 pm 

"About a year, so I have not been long in the journey," she admitted. It was actually less, as it dated to the emperor's order to join the Unicorn and the march north, so probably only about six to eight months. "As for how long? Who can say. It will be up to fate, to the journey and to the will of my lord. I cannot return unless they themselves are satisfied as well, can I Seppun-sama?"

So many things left unsaid.

Description, Character Image

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 3:34 pm 

"Sokka..." She nods. "I've heard that one year is the proper time to do such a thing. More you risk being negligent, less you might not fulfill the duty to one's honor."

Another slurp. "Though, I've never heard one wasn't accepted back. I confess I'm curious to know who your lord is? "

Gear: daisho, another classy fan, another extravagant furisode (or plain kimono and hakama), silk umbrella, jade obi dome (pendant), golden kushi kanzashi (head comb).
Duty/Outside: Armor Up!

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 3:52 pm 

She tapped at the table once or twice before answering, her eyes closed. "May I ask if that is Seppun-sama's genuine curiosity, or if it is in keeping with her role as Miharu as well that she asks?" she said, one eye opening and regarding her smoothly. It seemed like it was an important distinction. "I feel that I have little right to keep such a thing from a Miharu whose concern is not only my person but their task, so I must ask."

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 4:50 pm 

She waves her hand dismissively. "Ara. It is just me being curious, as I mentioned." The girl taps her chin, and looks up while asking herself rhetorically. "I guess I look a tad more serious when interrogating, neh?"

Gear: daisho, another classy fan, another extravagant furisode (or plain kimono and hakama), silk umbrella, jade obi dome (pendant), golden kushi kanzashi (head comb).

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 5:12 pm 

"No, it is not that. I just know my place in the order of things. Usually, a ronin does not speak of their past unless with those closest to them. Few are the ronin who have become wolf without some unpleasantness in their past that they do not wish to relive." A shake of her head. "But you are also an Imperial Legionnaire. I can't very well refuse to say anything if a woman of your standing were to insist. I wouldn't hold it against you, either. A ronin priestess... is as rare as hen's teeth. However unmemorable I am as a person, just being that draws a certain amount of curiosity."

"So... I 'can' answer you if you wish to insist, and I will, but I also probably would not unless you insisted." She offered her a small smile of resignation. Really, she could refuse just about anyone shy of a lion of rank in this city, but she wasn't about to refuse the ranking imperial, provided she insisted.

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 11:44 pm 

Horonigai doesn't insist at all, and nearly finishes her delicious meal. "Ne, Mari-san. We all have troubles to face in life. I was merely trying to know you more. You do not need to tell me anything that don't want to disclose just to treat my curiosity. Now that I know that you come from a Clan, and that can probably return to it, I feel much more relieved, that's all."

The Imperial nods with a smile, and calls the waiter so the bill for the food could be paid. She adds. "Please, add Mai-san's meal as well, onegaishimasu."

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 1:22 am 

She almost protested but quickly withdrew the thought. "Thank you -sama. I appreciate it," she said, not specifying what she was mentioning. "And I do have somewhere to go when the pilgrimage is done. I know that for absolute certainty. No matter what, when my wandering is done, I will go where I belong."

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 3:55 pm 

"Good to have a place we can call home." The girl smiles happily to Mari as her green eyes glint with amusement.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 7:06 pm 

"It is ... helpful to know where you belong, yes. It gives purpose to your existence, and a goal to achieve." Yeah, that was a way to put this. She liked that way. Quite a bit, in fact. She wouldn't, however, say it was good to have a home to return to, not exactly.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 3:10 am 

She nods to that, finishing her meal with hands together. "Gochisousama deshita, neh!"

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 3:13 am 

She followed aong with the finish of the meal, settling back and regarding the woman quietly. "You're an interesting woman, Seppun-sama. Do you have plans, if the army does indeed move south as we expect?" she said, eyebrow raised in curiosity.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 3:54 am 

Her cheeks get a bit colored, perhaps due the amount of food she ate. She says with a smile. "Ne. Thank you, Mari-san. For the compliment."

Horonigai nods. "Hai. I have plans. I'll move south tomorrow, in fact. As a Miharu, I have duties to perform."

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 4:32 am 

"I wish you fortune and safety in the march," she said, nodding to the Seppun. "I will not be marching with the armies. Some priests are not trained well in the arts of war, and I would most likely get in the way of this. There is much to rebuild in the wake of the armies, however."

She sighed some and glanced over at the woman. "Soon, for good or ill, this will be over."

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 5:01 am 

"Thank you again, Mari-san. I'll definitely need Fortune's blessings."

She lifts herself to depart and gives a bow. "May the light of the Kami guide your path."

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 6:08 am 

"And you as well. But... I suspect with full bellies, our paths must part at least briefly." She smiled over at her and nodded. "Carry the fortunes, -sama."

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 12:02 pm 

/Scene?

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 7:44 pm 

/scene!

(Yeah, I think that's a good wrap point. Thanks for the scene)