It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 3:32 pm

Post subject: Re: Dragon On The Roof (Day 9, Late Evening) [PonyHouse]
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:03 pm 

"Yes, quite a few," Baatar agreed. "Spike-spike is certainly strange, but the strangest I've seen is something called an elephant, a huge beast as big as our stable." He gestured widely with his arms to indicate an enormous animal.

"It has ears as big as a Commander of a Thousand's banner, and is strong enough to carry a house on its back... but despite having teeth as long as swords, it eats plants! Plants that it picks up with its nose!!" Baatar demonstrated by leaning down and attempting to pick up his tea cup with his nose... only succeeding at bumping the cup with his nose, tipping it over and spilling tea everywhere. "Um... oops. Well, you get the idea."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:54 pm 

Spike-spike-kun didn't seem to react too badly to being petted, although he stopped moving around while Tsukimi did so.

Akemi however wasn't paying attention, looking at Baatar as he spoke.

"Goodness, they sound very-ah!" she hopped up quickly, grabbing one of the towels to start drying the table where the tea had been spilt, moving the cups to a side.

"If you don't want tea, you could just say Baatar-san" she chuckled "were these...elephants tamable? They would have made for very interesting animals, I would love to see them. The horses of our kin are already giant compared to me."

On person: Pretty kimono, Scroll Satchel, Wakizashi, Fan, calligraphy set & Paper, Tea set (sometimes), Light armour, Han-kyu and arrows(sometimes)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:19 am 

It was hard to keep her attention on the fantastic little critter in front of her when Baatar began to speak of the elephant. Her eyes widened in amazement and wonder over such a large creature. As big as their stables? Goodness!

Sadly, the daydreaming was cut short as tea was suddenly spilled, and she nudged Spike-Spike-kun a little bit away from the table where hot beverage was flowing.

"You weren't burnt by the tea, I hope?"

“At times, the voice of peace must ring like Thunder.”

Has: Sacred Daisho, Light Armor (battle), necklace of prayer beads (jade), figurine of Jizo, parchment and charcoal, white cowl. Lion tattoo on left arm, Dragon tattoo on left thigh.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:25 am 

"Oh! Sorry!" Baatar said again, ineffectively attempting to help Akemi wipe up the mess. "There's nothing wrong with the tea, I was just trying to show Togashi-san ... I mean, nothing wrong aside from being on the floor now."

"Anyway, I heard there are a lot of fantastic animals in Rokugan, too," he continued on. "The Kasuga told me about piranha, and whales, and orochi, which are apparently real! Who knew!"

"And back at Toshi no Omoisodo, while out in the forest I saw a mīra with my own eyes! I didn't even know they had those here. Have you ever seen one of those?"

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:47 am 

Spike-spike-kun made a few noises as he was nudged away, but he did indeed walk away.

Akemi sighed softly, and shook her head.

"It's ok Baatar-san, accidents happen. Allow me to refill your tea and you can use your hands rather than your nose next time, ne?" she smiled at him.

"Ano...what's a mīra?"

On person: Pretty kimono, Scroll Satchel, Wakizashi, Fan, calligraphy set & Paper, Tea set (sometimes), Light armour, Han-kyu and arrows(sometimes)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:08 pm 

"Oh, you know, myrrh men? Don't they tell stories about those here?" Baatar asked. "Dead men who have been embalmed and buried, but they rise from their tomb to threaten the living? They're famous in the legends of Senpetstan."

Raising his hands to mime short claws, Baatar contorted his face into a frozen grimace and staggered about awkwardly in his best imitation of a mummy's limping gait. "Akemiiiiii..." he groaned in a sepulchral tone.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:00 am 

Tsukimi was listening with great curiosity at first, and then her expression becomes much more serious.

"That is... very troubling news, Moto-sama. The dead walking means that a great evil is at work."

“At times, the voice of peace must ring like Thunder.”

Has: Sacred Daisho, Light Armor (battle), necklace of prayer beads (jade), figurine of Jizo, parchment and charcoal, white cowl. Lion tattoo on left arm, Dragon tattoo on left thigh.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:57 am 

"Well, I don't think it was all that great," Baatar replied. "But it was definitely evil! It chased me and Horse halfway through the forest."

"It was up near Toshi no Omoidoso, though," he recalled. "So it couldn't have followed us here? I hope."

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 1:32 pm 

Akemi had gone pale. Very pale, almost as white as her hair.

"Do not joke about such things Baatar-san" she whispered in a shaky voice, forcing her hands onto her lap to try and keep them still

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 12:11 am 

"I'm sure it's far, far behind us," Baatar said, holding his hands up reassuringly after seeing how alarmed Akemi had become. "No fear of running into anything like that here."