It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 5:35 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 387 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 20  Next
 Post subject: Re: Courtroom Debates [Day 1, Early Afternoon]
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:30 pm 

Moto Baatar wrote:
"WELL SAID!" Baatar proclaimed. "YOU SEE!" Then, apparently realizing the stunned silence that had fallen around them, he continued in a more normal tone.

"You see...! There are those of us who would fight for the Empress, if given the chance," Baatar declared. "That's what's important here!"

This was his best speech ever! he thought to himself.

"You certainly like being the center of attention, Moto-san," she remarked with some humor, managing to not wince at suddenly being near that center herself.

As the Asako spoke, Tsukimi looked him over, and then looked down as recognition hit her. Oh... wow. Didn't think he'd show up here. It would seem that this day would have a lot of surprise appearances.

“At times, the voice of peace must ring like Thunder.”

Has: Sacred Daisho, Light Armor (battle), necklace of prayer beads (jade), figurine of Jizo, parchment and charcoal, white cowl. Lion tattoo on left arm, Dragon tattoo on left thigh.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:32 pm 

The governor, to no one in particular after the Moto finishes, says softly: "I know I'm missing an ear, but I can hear just fine..."

Run by GM "Never Messes Up" Lucidicide

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:32 pm 

Agasha Poemu wrote:
Poemu nodded thoughtfully before she smiled and came back to the present. "Ah, hai hai, I can understand that. Dance, poetry, song, instruments... I am certain there are many arts one must practice for the stage. I would most certainly try something such as origami, but I would most certainly only embarrass us both trying to sing or dance without any practice."

"Well, then we just need to practice, neh?" She asked with a smile. "But we can start with origami, if you wish for something less exerting." She glanced around at court, meanwhile. "Quite a few people seem to have an opinion on the whole thing."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:38 pm 

Matsu Tani wrote:
"Hai, I would not mind the company." She nodded friendly-like. Clearly still not taking any more meaning than just tea.

There was a nod as she followed.

"I can tell you a story my sensei used to tell about the time a Matsu studied with the Ikoma for two years. It's hilarious."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:39 pm 

"I'd love to hear it," she nodded calmly, her neutral expression returning as they

/exited

Glorious Death in battle is never untimely.

Equipment: Daisho, Kimono (functional or exceptional, depending on situation), Finger of Jade (hanging on a necklace around her neck), heavy armor (when appropriate), Fan, Bisento (when appropriate)

Description

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:44 pm 

Shosuro Sara wrote:
"Well, then we just need to practice, neh?" She asked with a smile. "But we can start with origami, if you wish for something less exerting." She glanced around at court, meanwhile. "Quite a few people seem to have an opinion on the whole thing."

Poemu looked somewhat relieved that they would start with origami. Folding paper couldn't be TOO difficult, could it?

Looking around the court a moment, she shook her head. "As well they should. I recognize more than a few from Winter Court, so many are given duty to speak out on such matters. I am slightly curious if any of this debate will actually matter should the spirits arrive in the city that chased us away from Morikage Toshi."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:44 pm 

Asako Kashiwagi wrote:
“Well then Moto-san, please educate this court on the proper Unicorn response. You have an eager and intrigued audience,” he offered.

"Well.... that's up to the Lion war masters to decide," Baatar allowed. "If it were a Unicorn thing, though, we'd have a recon-in-force in the field by now, to find out where the enemy is, and their numbers. With refugees arriving here on foot today, an army could easily be on our doorstep by tomorrow morning."

"I'm... I'm sure our hosts have thought of that, though," he added, in concession to the glowering Lion around them.

Togashi Tsukimi wrote:
"You certainly like being the center of attention, Moto-san," she remarked with some humor, managing to not wince at suddenly being near that center herself.

"Oh...! Um," Baatar said awkwardly, having the grace to look embarrassed. "I, uh, was just trying to make my point."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:46 pm 

((Coming from the Event thread!!))

With his verbal and physical match against his accuser at an end, Asakuro retreated from the prominence of the floor, a spectacularly colorful fan of flying fish leaping and diving into a river scene high on his face as his eyes dart around for somewhere which he might cool off from the tirade he had been engaged in just a moment ago. Looking upward, he saw the balcony area above - a perfect place to get away from the main crowds, watch, observe, perhaps even list from a distance. The Tortoise quickly and quietly made his way through the other courtiers to the stairs leading to the balcony above.

With the quieter place above the hustle and bustle of the court-not-court below him, the Tortoise found himself a corner pillow that he moved ever-so-slightly to be closer to the railing so that when seated he might still be able to eye the open floor below. From a servant waiting upstairs he requested tea - "dark, any kind would do, as hot as one can make it" he specified - and it was only then that he saw fit to lower and put away his fan for the time being.

This mess just keeps getting better, doesn't it, Turtle-man? he thought, still seething a bit, but the change of scenery and perspective was already starting to help.

Carries: Fan, personal seal, wakizashi, chopsticks, water bottle, kiseru, small knife, sake cup
Sometimes featuring now: Mamoru the Frazzled Peafowl!
Language Colors: MerenaeThrane
Profile!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:48 pm 

Agasha Poemu wrote:
Poemu looked somewhat relieved that they would start with origami. Folding paper couldn't be TOO difficult, could it?

Looking around the court a moment, she shook her head. "As well they should. I recognize more than a few from Winter Court, so many are given duty to speak out on such matters. I am slightly curious if any of this debate will actually matter should the spirits arrive in the city that chased us away from Morikage Toshi."

"We, Rokugani, are the Chosen Followers of the Kami. And we will debate about that as our world burns around us. It would not surprise me." The sudden cynical note from the cheery actress was perhaps a touch surprising. "Then again, I hope that when faced with steel and spirits of slaughter or other monsters, most samurai would come to their senses."

She sighed. "Not that at point I will be most of use."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:52 pm 

“Well I am glad that you were willing to share such wisdom, the volume of which was immense and unmistakable. Thank you, Moto-san. The court will echo with your wisdom for days to come, I am sure,” he said politely and calmly.

“You made a thunderous point, well received by those near and far.”

Status: 4.0 | Glory: 10.0 | Infamy: .4 | Honor: Untrustworthy
Carried: Wakizashi, Black Fancy Clothing, Chop, Writ of the Asako Inquisitors, Maho Warding Amulet, Jade Amulet, Trash Queen (Tabby Cat)

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:52 pm 

Poemu shook her head. "Nor would I. It was all I could do to ride away from the fighting at Morikage Toshi as quickly as I could. I would use my wakizashi if cornered, but I doubt I would be of any real use."

She pointed toward the other Dragon present as she spotted them. "Still... most of the Dragon present I remember from the court, and many are bushi or Togashi trained in combat. I am certain there are Scorpion that would fight for you as well Shosuro-san."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:59 pm 

Agasha Poemu wrote:
Poemu shook her head. "Nor would I. It was all I could do to ride away from the fighting at Morikage Toshi as quickly as I could. I would use my wakizashi if cornered, but I doubt I would be of any real use."

She pointed toward the other Dragon present as she spotted them. "Still... most of the Dragon present I remember from the court, and many are bushi or Togashi trained in combat. I am certain there are Scorpion that would fight for you as well Shosuro-san."

"I believe there are some bushi among us, and..." she glanced at the Moto as he exclaimed. "Some helpful people from other clans. Do you know anyone here at...court, I guess?"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:00 am 

Mogami's eyes catch motion of a Dragon pointing to others and she looks back to Kashiwagi.

"If you will excuse me, Asako-sama, I believe there is another I should speak with."

Mogami's Equipment: Battle: Light Armor, Yumi, Quiver w Flesh Cutter Arrows, Daisho
Court: Decent quality kimono and courtiers fan

Budoka's Tsuruga and Fuwa's Eqiupment:
Battle: Ashigaru Armor | Han-Kyu, Quiver w Willow Leaf Arrows | Yari
Court: Kimono

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:04 am 

The Asako hero nodded slightly to the woman.

Carried: Wakizashi, Black Fancy Clothing, Chop, Writ of the Asako Inquisitors, Maho Warding Amulet, Jade Amulet, Trash Queen (Tabby Cat)

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:06 am 

"May the heavens shine upon you, Asako-sama."

Mogami and her two budoka bow and take their leave, approaching the dragon she saw pointing and waiting for a moment to introduce herself. Her fan neatly folds shut in in hand as she waits.

Mogami's Equipment: Battle: Light Armor, Yumi, Quiver w Flesh Cutter Arrows, Daisho
Court: Decent quality kimono and courtiers fan

Budoka's Tsuruga and Fuwa's Eqiupment:
Battle: Ashigaru Armor | Han-Kyu, Quiver w Willow Leaf Arrows | Yari
Court: Kimono

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:08 am 

Poemu had politely ignored the Unicorn, and she was not about to change that. SHe smiled at Sara's words instead, keeping the topic on hand. "I must confess I don't remember many of your clan from Winter Court, which is in large part thanks to my needing to spend time with the Lion and Imperial delegations. As for others I recognize..."

She paused and looked around as well, pointing with her fan a few times. "I recognize a few of the Lions from the court. Ikoma Homura for instance, and Matsu Tani as well, though we spoke only briefly before. Asako... Kashiwagi I believe it was?... was also there, and was quite bold, so it is hard to forget him..."

She trailed off and gave a seated bow to the Matsu as she approached. "Matsu-sama, konnichi-wa." She said no more, glancing toward Sara. The table had been hers, and she would not interrupt the conversation further unless the Shosuro wished to recognize the Lion as well.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:09 am 

The Dragon had no reason to think that the Great Asako Kashiwagi was being snarky or mocking on purpose. After all, he was a great hero, so she believed he was being sincere and complimenting Baatar.

Moto Baatar wrote:
"Oh...! Um," Baatar said awkwardly, having the grace to look embarrassed. "I, uh, was just trying to make my point."

Seeing him look embarrassed, Tsukimi waited a moment to hear what he would say next. Apologise, perhaps? It turned out he didn't, but she gave him a brief smile nevertheless.

"I would say you succeeded in that, Moto-san. It can sometimes be hard to make a point when there are many voices, but it sounds like many are agreed with you."

“At times, the voice of peace must ring like Thunder.”

Has: Sacred Daisho, Light Armor (battle), necklace of prayer beads (jade), figurine of Jizo, parchment and charcoal, white cowl. Lion tattoo on left arm, Dragon tattoo on left thigh.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:28 am 

Kashiwagi glanced at the Shimizu daimyo and then back to the Unicorn, he seemed sincere enough.

OOC: Sincerity: 4d10o10k3 23

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:31 am 

Shimizu Kendo wrote:
The governor, to no one in particular after the Moto finishes, says softly: "I know I'm missing an ear, but I can hear just fine..."

Norikami suppresses a snicker, and seeing as Aya isn't causing any more trouble, he goes to add his own words.

"Mina-sama, I wasn't there when ill fortune darkened the light on our Empire. I've heard the news, same as all of you, but some of you were there, and your words reached me."

He made sure to keep his posture right and his voice even. He hated this part, the court things, but as a samurai he couldn't just be quiet considering the news.

"And so I say we condemn the Steel Chrysanthemum's actions, very directly, so there's no mistaking where we stand. If it's going to come to fighting as some suggest, we're samurai in the Emperor's service and he had an heir, we should fight for him."

OOC
No raises, TN 15: Success (1 imperialist influence point)

When Allowed: Armor, No-Dachi, Yumi/Arrows

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:32 am 

Asako Kashiwagi wrote:
“Well I am glad that you were willing to share such wisdom, the volume of which was immense and unmistakable. Thank you, Moto-san. The court will echo with your wisdom for days to come, I am sure,” he said politely and calmly.

“You made a thunderous point, well received by those near and far.”

"Thanks, Asako-sama," Baatar said with a polite bow. "I hope you are right."

Togashi Tsukimi wrote:
"I would say you succeeded in that, Moto-san. It can sometimes be hard to make a point when there are many voices, but it sounds like many are agreed with you."

"It certainly is chaotic in here," Baatar agreed ruefully. "Though - for a minute there, I definitely felt like I was getting heard."

"Though, you helped, Togashi-san!" he acknowledged. "With what you said about fighting. Thanks for that. We might need all the fighters we can get, soon."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 387 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 20  Next