It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 1:38 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: [Day Ten - Late Morning] Hello?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:38 am 

"Oh, you too?" she smirked. "I could say that I fell into the same sort of activities. I didn't want to fight other kids but my brothers obviously wanted to fight me and we would end up in matches because they wanted to show off their newfound skills with jujitsu. Eventually, my parents had to teach me the same skills so I didn't get roughed up too badly...and too bad that only encouraged them to try harder."

Character Profile • Art by Joanne Kwan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:46 am 

She stared a bit in surprise. "Wow. They really sound like jerks. My brother is the youngest and he knew to be very polite with the rest of us. Sometimes he even ran to me if he was bullied by the neighbourhood kids. I hope you gave each of yours a kick in the nuts."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:04 am 

"No, not quite..." she said contemplatively as she tried to think back to her childhood. It wasn't like her parents wanted her to jeopardize the future of her brothers either. "But either way, I think we grew past that and now we are almost entirely separate. They serve in the military of the Dragon Clan on the path of Niten and I aide my uncle teaching the future generation of our ways. No path is greater, of course, but I'd like to say there are a lot of simple rewards found on mine."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:08 am 

She hadn't meant to kick them that hard, but that aside...

"Like travel, me?" Maiya suggested as they reached Friendship Street. "Before I forget to ask; what sort of things do you like? Ano, it's a serious question. I want to learn more about Dragon samurai. Eto, we hardly see you in Crab lands so you're all kind of a mystery..."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:59 am 

"Travel?" she said quizically at first. "That wasn't something that started until recently, Kaiu-san. I suppose, perhaps if my sensei doesn't my services at the dojo, that's something I could consider in the future. I haven't earned that responsibility just yet, even though there are a large number of places I wish to visit."

She gave Maiya a blink at the question, wondering if Dragon were so extraordinary to be asked that. Crossing her arms and looking up, she said what came up off the top of her mind. "I...suppose I like to dance, play a little flute...well, the flute I borrow from my sensei...and visiting bakeries. I mean, looking at bakeries. My funds are reserved for necessary things, of course."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:23 am 

The Kaiu looked amused. "That Seppun ordered a lot of mochi at my inn this morning. She even let me have a couple. I know what you mean about frivolous expenses, but it must be nice, ne?"

The Dragon embassy was in sight now. She remembered it from Wasako showing her before.

"I didn't know Dragon samurai were so into music and dance. That will be good to remember."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:39 am 

Wasako raised her brows at the offering of mochi she managed to land from the Imperial. "I see..."

After a moment, she gave her a smirk. "If that's the case, I don't think she can be all that bad? Unless the mochi was meant as a test or an intimidation tactic but I really can't see it."

"I'm into music and dance," she chuckled. "I can't speak for the rest of my kin, of course. My hobbies and interpretation are more folkish than what other people are used to, as we make do with what little we have. I'm told that I should look into getting a sponsor if I want to practice my hobbies more, as I don't own a flute or a fan..."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:04 pm 

"I think she offered it to me because she was full Mirumoto-sama. Still, I believe you're right. She doesn't seem bad." Maiya responded cheerfully. She had slowed down as they were coming up to the Dragon Embassy. Now she stopped outside.

"Right, don't judge a Clan based on one samurai. My sensei said something about that. Still, it's nice to know a little more about you and, maybe, your Clan as a result Mirumoto-sama. I hope you can find a sponsor. Perhaps someone at your Embassy could help?"

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:47 pm 

Wasako continued to walk with Maiya. Despite glancing around, she hadn't notice quite where they were. She did take notice the Phoenix embassy and the Scorpion embassy. This place did start to look familiar. "Oh, full? It might have been a lot of mochi then. I could only imagine that she expend a lot of energy and I could have probably only kept up that up forever when I was a brat. Eto...but she is not a brat, to be very clear..."

She nodded at the idea. "Maybe, I have really spoken much about it to Agasha-sama and I don't know if I should be bothering her. We do have a real artist with us...somewhere. Togashi Mai-san had been travelling the Empire for a year now and she has been offering her skills to anyone who is willing. It's something to behold in person."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:43 am 

"Hai, to be very clear, ne?" Maiya replied with a little twinkle of mischief in her eyes.

"Oh? What is Togashi Mai-san's art?"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:17 am 

"Oh!" she said at first, initially thinking she had mentioned it already but more than happy to elaborate. "Her art is tattooing, maybe not in the same mystical fashion of the Togashi but her design and detail are just as impressive. I did watch her practice her art on Osamu-san on a design of his choosing and it was interesting, if a very long process to sit through. I think the best part about her talent is that she's able to transform your own stories into tattoos? At least, based on what you tell her, she will turn into inked art."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:10 am 

"So desu ka?" She rubs her chin after Wasako's explanation, having given a few nods and nonverbal acknowledgements. The information was news to her.

"I don't know much about tattoos. Well, other than they're popular within your Clan. I actually met Osamu-sama. He and a Matsu I've spoken to, Matsu Mogami-sama, seemed quite keen on tattoos."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:00 am 

She nodded soundly at that, "As I've found it seems that tattoos are popular in clans for different reasons. Mai-san has seen good success in the Lion land apparently and has tattooed a few of them. It seems they aren't appreciated in the Scorpion, however. Apparently, it means a sort of outland status symbol, which I find strange. It seems the Mantis have them? How about in the Crab Clan, Kaiu-san?"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:07 am 

"Hmm. Well, the Kuni have face paints so if they have any I've not seen them. Never shared a bath with one." Thank goodness. She shook her head. "Seen a single Hiruma with one on his shoulder, but that's it."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:24 am 

"If a Hiruma has one...I would imagine that it's not viewed with distaste, at least," she nodded soundly. "With that in mind, have you considered getting a tattoo? I would be more than happy to introduce you to Togashi-san if you're interested!"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:16 am 

Maiya couldn't remember if Wasako had any. She hadn't been looking back in the baths.

"Ano... maybe if I knew more about them. Most of the time back home I go around in armour like this so... it might be a waste."

Unless she had facial tattoos then they wouldn't be seen.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:17 pm 

Wasako did not have a single tattoo, actually.

"I don't think you get a tattoo to show it off. They aren't as common in the Dragon lands but people do get them and not many of them are obvious. Despite being known to most of the Empire, the Togashi monks actually don't show all of their tattoos, especially the mystical ones. Apparently, they are only shown when their powers need to be invoked?" She said but was not completely sure. "I think at tattoo should have the most meaning to you, first and foremost."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:31 pm 

Maiya's expression soured for a moment as she had a mental image of a tattoo of herself, probably on her upper arm, holding a sword or drinking sake. It would be kind of lame.

Shaking her head she soon was looking at Wasako again. "Maybe when I'm older and wiser I'll have something like that. My life's been pretty simple. Most of us are only expected to shout a warning or buy time for greater forces to arrive. The meaning bit's for the kuge and perhaps the Kuni and Yasuki. Most Crab are just bushi with a straightforward role."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:42 pm 

Wasako nodded at that and looked upwards in thought. "If you think so then perhaps that is the case. I don't think I have too many deeds to speak of, especially compared to the other Dragon here. Togashi Myo-En has a storied recent history, she might have told you already. Perhaps in time, I will get a tattoo, but I don't know how that might crystallize or look. I am still young in many ways."

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 11:44 pm 

The Kaiu shook her head. "She must be very humble. She didn't mention anything other than fighting the naga."

She studied Wasako for a few moments after this before smiling brightly. "You are young, hai, and you are quick on your feet. I hope you get something that is colourful."

Then she gestured down the street. "I'm going to walk a bit more and then head back. It was nice seeing you again Mirumoto-sama. We ought to go for drinks together when this is over, ne?"

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next