It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:22 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: [Day 11 - EN] Unicorn Court 2: Kumis Boogaloo
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:53 am 

Eika took the offered kumis with a soft, "thank you." She took a sip, made an unusual expression and smiled, deciding she rather liked the taste.

"Bataar-Sayyed, this one hopes Lord Moon sees you well." A slight smile crossed the Lion's face. She flushed slightly at Batzu's comment, but managed to keep her composure.

Accompanied by lions Seiji and Kaori
Carries/wears Light Armor, Daisho, no-daichi, koan about perseverance in the face of failure, the book "Akodo's Leadership"

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:10 am 

Batzurig chuckled and said, “Good stuff, drink up if you like I have brought plenty for tonight. None should leave here unsatisfied. That would mark us as bad hosts! Eat, drink, and be merry!” He said warmly and then rose to his feet to make sure the horses were secured.

Best to do it now when he was still of sound mind.

“We may have to conquer another embassy if our camp grows any larger,” he joked.

Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse "Bashiru", Moto Scimitar

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:46 am 

Moto Batzurig wrote:
"Indeed, she speaks well of you, I sense her eye is drawn to you," he said warmly.

Matsu Eika wrote:
"Bataar-Sayyed, this one hopes Lord Moon sees you well." A slight smile crossed the Lion's face. She flushed slightly at Batzu's comment, but managed to keep her composure.

"What!?" Baatar said, sounding surprised at Batzurig's comment, then turned to Eika. "I'm glad you came! Don't mind my cousin, he always says crazy things. A few more swallows of kumis and no doubt he'll sing at the moon!" But Baatar smiled as he said it.

Moto Batzurig wrote:
“We may have to conquer another embassy if our camp grows any larger,” he joked.

Baatar chortled at Batzurig's joke. "We better not, men have come to blows over embassies in this town already! But it seems to me we have a perfectly good enemy to fight outside the gates already."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:55 am 

I'm going to have to teach them about gift etiquette later...

Akemi smiled and offered Baatar the traditional Unicorn handshake. "It's good to see you Si Baatar, I hope you are well?"

Matsu Eika wrote:
Eika took the offered kumis with a soft, "thank you." She took a sip, made an unusual expression and smiled, deciding she rather liked the taste.

Akemi leaned in and quietly whispered to Eika "please do not drink too much at once. The drink is made from dairy, which...can upset ones stomach very quickly if they've not had dairy before" there was a knowing look to Eika, slightly paled from a previous experience, before she sat up normally and held up her sake bottle.

"I have sake also. Forgive me if I don't indulge too much on kumis, it's still not a drink I'm quite used to yet."

On person: Pretty kimono, Scroll Satchel, Wakizashi, Fan, calligraphy set & Paper, Tea set (sometimes), Light armour, Han-kyu and arrows(sometimes)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:51 am 

"What do we have to fear we have so many bold words to throw at them, every samurai had so many stern words the enemy will be bored to death and this siege will be lifted!” he said in a dismissive tone.

“Still, they have taken so many already and we must avenge the fallen,” he said taking another drink.

“But that is for tomorrow, tonight we honor them with our song and drink,” he said cheerfully. He found a seat for his large frame and looked off into the darkness contemplating the situation. Now he really wanted to hit something.

Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse "Bashiru", Moto Scimitar

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:01 pm 

Eika paled further at the discussion of blows over an Embassy. She winced at Akemi's words and eyed the kumis suspiciously. "I hope I have not drank too much," she whispered back. "Have you lived with the Unicorn long, Akemi-san?"

"Batzu-Sayyed...Si Batzurig? He said you may be able to tell me more of the Unicorn, Bataar-Sayyed." Eika wasn't sure when to use which terms so she tried. It came out awkward but hopefully got her points across.

"I would love to learn from you, Bataar-san..." Her voice had switched to a soft purr and her cheeks flushed as the liquor started to hit her. "Please show me..."

Carries/wears Light Armor, Daisho, no-daichi, koan about perseverance in the face of failure, the book "Akodo's Leadership"

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:06 pm 

Batzurig said nothing as he took another drink and waited to see the great Baatar handle this most dangerous foe.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:10 pm 

"I married into the Unicorn a little over four months ago Matsu-san, although I had been in their lands for a few months before then. You haven't had too much yet unless you have an especially sensitive stomach though" Akemi smiled at the Matsu woman reassuringly before looking to Batzurig, sipping her sake.

"Why don't you share with us a tale of the Unicorn from outside the Empire? I'm sure Matsu-san hasn't heard many of those tales."

On person: Pretty kimono, Scroll Satchel, Wakizashi, Fan, calligraphy set & Paper, Tea set (sometimes), Light armour, Han-kyu and arrows(sometimes)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:41 pm 

Batzurig nodded and said, “I remember when Chuluun became Chuluun One Leg, we were playing with Otaku Xi-lu and he tried to mount her horse like an idiot and it gave him the biggest kick I ever seen right to the cock and that one leg has never worked right since! Chuluun One Leg!”

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:09 pm 

Eika laughed heartily at Batzurig's tale, completely ignoring propriety at this point. "I'd like to learn to ride some time. I mean, I can mount a horse and ride if need be but... seeing Bataar ride has shown me what can truly be done on horseback."

"Perhaps, one of you can show me how to mount and ride better?" She smiled at Akemi, "I suspect even you have learned by now Akemi-san."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:15 pm 

"How is that...oh!" Akemi laughed "that sounds like a very painful lesson learnt. I can't imagine how that must have felt."

She shook her head at Eika's question.

"The Unicorn have wisely not allowed me to ride the steeds. I'm about half the size of a horse after all, it would be a very long way for me to fall. However Sidi Bahzuling or Si Baatar would likely be able to help with your teaching if you wished to learn."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:27 pm 

The large Moto warrior nodded to his kin and took a drink.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:59 pm 

Matsu Eika wrote:
"He said you may be able to tell me more of the Unicorn, Bataar-Sayyed. ... I would love to learn from you, Bataar-san..." Her voice had switched to a soft purr and her cheeks flushed as the liquor started to hit her. "Please show me..."

“Well….” Baatar said, then gulped down some kumis to buy himself some time to think.

“The Unicorn is the best clan, though I suppose most samurai think that about their own clan," he began, apparently taking Eika's question at face value. "We’re the best riders and the best warriors. Oh, the Lion are the best infantry,” Baatar conceded, in deference to Eika. “But for cavalry, there’s no one who can equal us! I was practically born in the saddle, I’ve been riding since my earliest memories.”

“We eat meat and drink kumis to make our bodies strong,” he continued. “We’ve traveled most of the world so have seen all kinds of weather, both hot and cold, dry and wet.”

“Most of us are plain-spoken people, we’ll say what we mean,” Baatar said. “I know that isn’t really the Rokugan way, especially in court. That … that’s been a hard habit for me to change. Akemi’s been trying to teach us a bit of that.” He raised the kumis skin in Akemi’s direction in acknowledgement.

“What about you, Matsu-san?” Baatar asked. “How did you manage to train lions? I mean, I was barely able to house train Gölgee.” He tilted his head toward a small dog curled up in the corner. “But I wouldn’t think you’d train lions the same way?”

Matsu Eika wrote:
"I'd like to learn to ride some time. I mean, I can mount a horse and ride if need be but... seeing Bataar ride has shown me what can truly be done on horseback."

"Perhaps, one of you can show me how to mount and ride better?"

Moto Akemi wrote:
"Sidi Bahzuling or Si Baatar would likely be able to help with your teaching if you wished to learn."

"Oh, I'd be glad to teach you how to ride sometime!" Baatar said brightly, since this was a subject he knew well. "I mean, we could only do it within the city walls right now, but that'd be enough to get started, and Horse could use the exercise. Come by tomorrow and I'd be happy to show you some things."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:16 pm 

"Baatar is a fine rider, you will be in good hands," he said.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:59 pm 

Eika paused and waited until Baatar admitted Lions were the best infantry. She would hear nothing else there. However, she agreed to the cavalry statement.

"We beastmasters also weather the elements out on the plains with our pride. We live as a unit with our cats raising them from cubs all the way through their lives. We hunt with the pride, and run with the pride. Great joy comes in the Month of the Goat when the cubs are whelped. Beastmasters spend our lives as the cats live.

Now, just because I have worded it such, never, ever, make the mistake of confusing a warcat for a pet or imagining it tame. It would be a shame to see one such as yourself bit. A doji courtier tried to pet a warcat once when her beastmaster was not present. Nasty business, that. I assume it would be the same if a stranger were to attempt to mount your horse, though.

I am somewhat trained in the courts ways, but do not mistake this one for a tamed housepet, Bataar-san." She grinned and sipped the kumis, careful to not ingest so much to upset her stomach. It was having effect on her mind a bit, though. She felt excitable and oddly playful.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:13 am 

He turned away from that conversation with parting words of, "Ride well, cousin."

Batzurig drank more of the sake and looked off into the darkness to brood or to think, who could tell.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:29 am 

Matsu Eika wrote:
Now, just because I have worded it such, never, ever, make the mistake of confusing a warcat for a pet or imagining it tame. It would be a shame to see one such as yourself bit. A doji courtier tried to pet a warcat once when her beastmaster was not present. Nasty business, that. I assume it would be the same if a stranger were to attempt to mount your horse, though.

I am somewhat trained in the courts ways, but do not mistake this one for a tamed housepet, Bataar-san." She grinned and sipped the kumis, careful to not ingest so much to upset her stomach. It was having effect on her mind a bit, though. She felt excitable and oddly playful.

"Oooh~! Matsu-san likes the kumis!" Baatar grinned as she took another drink. He took another swallow of the sour beverage himself, for the sake of being sociable.

"I like animals, though that's probably obvious," the young Moto said. "The war cats seemed quite fierce, yet majestic. Is it possible to make friends with them, with your assistance? If it won't mess up their war training, of course."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:46 am 

"It shouldn't mess up their training, no. May I invite them in? They are waiting just outside the door, after all." She looked around at the Unicorn clan members expectantly. "They rather like meeting people when I am around." She pulled a pair of battered leather kemari balls from within a pocket concealed within the layers of her kimono.

"They're rather taken with these... if you want to play with them."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:42 am 

"I don't see why not," Baatar said, though the kumis may have been affecting the decision to let war cats into the house. "Um, just let me settle Gölgee, I wouldn't want her to get hurt."

Going over to the corner, Baatar scooped up the small dog and made sure to put her into an interior room, much to her dismay.

"Oh, I'm absolutely sure you have total control of the lions, Matsu-san," he assured her. "But Gölgee thinks she's a much bigger dog than she actually is, so I wouldn't want her to start trouble."

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 12:17 am 

Eika went, held the door open, and made a series of short noises. In bounded a pair of large lions one after another. They sat on either side of Eika, at attention. She placed her hands on their heads and stroked them lovingly.

"This here is Kaori!" She said as she indicated the tawny lioness. "She was born within my mother's pride and given to me after gempukku. Seiji joined her a few years later, once I proved I can handle both in the field."

"Rest guys...nice...," the lions flopped down and curled in a pile.

"Would you like to see them up close?" The Matsu sat between her charges petting them with great affection.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next