It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 5:15 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 387 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 20  Next
 Post subject: Re: Courtroom Debates [Day 1, Early Afternoon]
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:48 pm 

Moto Baatar wrote:
The hubbub of all the courtiers arguing simultaneously was becoming overwhelming, to the point where Baatar felt the need to speak more loudly to be heard.

"YES WE'RE REALLY TOUGH FIGHTERS," the Moto bellowed. "WE'RE THE BEST HORSEMEN ANYWHERE. MAYBE I'LL GET TO SHOW YOU SOMETIME!"

"WHAT ABOUT YOU, TOGASHI-SAN?" he asked loudly, shouting to be heard over another noisy courtier. "WILL YOU FIGHT, IF THERE'S A WAR?"

The Asako hero was not listening but if he was, he would be enjoying this epic display of Moto courtliness.

Status: 4.0 | Glory: 10.0 | Infamy: .4 | Honor: Untrustworthy
Carried: Wakizashi, Black Fancy Clothing, Chop, Writ of the Asako Inquisitors, Maho Warding Amulet, Jade Amulet, Trash Queen (Tabby Cat)

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:49 pm 

He had an audience now! Moto Baatar gained confidence in his courtier abilities as his words were finally having an effect!

"IF A WAR IS GONNA HAPPEN, WE SHOULD BE READY TO FIGHT!" he exclaimed.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:50 pm 

Togashi Iko wrote:
Iko nodded at Kin's points regarding the main issue of the court, but took a break away from that conversation for now.

"And how did you find your first major Winter Court assignment. I hope it wasn't too overwhelming? I've heard some of the courtiers say the paperwork can last until the middle of Spring?"

"I hadn't been as prepared for the amount of paperwork as I should have been. I'd kind of expected more scribes to be there, but apparently there's a certain expectation of bringing some scribes of your own or already prepared reports. It didn't stop me from my other duties, but it certainly kept me more busy with writing than I had expected."

He shrugs at that. "But duty demands. I suspect that more than likely it wasn't all strictly necessary. I likely got boxed into a few things by courtiers that wanted to keep me from certain things. But I also learned quite a bit about the realities and will be far more prepared for such in the future."

Equipment: Daisho, light armor, naga scimitar, personal seal, notebook, parchment & charcoal, ink brush kit

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:52 pm 

Moto Baatar wrote:
He had an audience now! Moto Baatar gained confidence in his courtier abilities as his words were finally having an effect!

Who is this small, lost child, and why is he in court unsupervised?

Norikami stood off and couldn't help but smile a little.

When Allowed: Armor, No-Dachi, Yumi/Arrows

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:54 pm 

Mogami opens her fan and holds it in front of her face at the loud noises erupting from the Moto.

Mogami's Equipment: Battle: Light Armor, Yumi, Quiver w Flesh Cutter Arrows, Daisho
Court: Decent quality kimono and courtiers fan

Budoka's Tsuruga and Fuwa's Eqiupment:
Battle: Ashigaru Armor | Han-Kyu, Quiver w Willow Leaf Arrows | Yari
Court: Kimono

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:58 pm 

Moto Baatar wrote:

The Unicorn was bold and the Asako finally broke the tension with a calm tone, “The Unicorn are fierce, one can hear their courage long before they can be seen. Impressive.”

Carried: Wakizashi, Black Fancy Clothing, Chop, Writ of the Asako Inquisitors, Maho Warding Amulet, Jade Amulet, Trash Queen (Tabby Cat)

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:00 pm 

Moto Baatar wrote:
The hubbub of all the courtiers arguing simultaneously was becoming overwhelming, to the point where Baatar felt the need to speak more loudly to be heard.

"YES WE'RE REALLY TOUGH FIGHTERS," the Moto bellowed. "WE'RE THE BEST HORSEMEN ANYWHERE. MAYBE I'LL GET TO SHOW YOU SOMETIME!"

"WHAT ABOUT YOU, TOGASHI-SAN?" he asked loudly, shouting to be heard over another noisy courtier. "WILL YOU FIGHT, IF THERE'S A WAR?"

Moto Baatar wrote:

Now she wondered if she should continue to accomodate this kind of behaviour, considering how interesting it was to see a boulder dropped into the pond instead of the pebble courtiers usually employed. Or should she quietly slip away? Tsukimi suspected the young Unicorn would probably notice the latter.

"I wish to fight, yes," she said, pulling awkwardly at her cowl as there was suddenly more eyes in their direction. Clearing her throat, she stood a little taller. "And I am ready to do so. If it comes to it, it would be an honor for many of us to fight alongside Shimizu-dono and the Lion Clan in the coming days."

“At times, the voice of peace must ring like Thunder.”

Has: Sacred Daisho, Light Armor (battle), necklace of prayer beads (jade), figurine of Jizo, parchment and charcoal, white cowl. Lion tattoo on left arm, Dragon tattoo on left thigh.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:01 pm 

With his superior's words given, if haltingly, Seitouna attends to the conversations going on around him--and, again, he begins to write, scribbling notes furiously.

Quote:
Several spoke at the Governor's command, espousing the view that the Son of Heaven, Hantei XXII, whose memory is yet keenly felt, had been wrongly usurped, though by another who had held the Throne by right. Others in the room answered in kind, their fervor understandable in the shock of knowing that their lord and master had fallen--and not even in battle, with glory, but by an attack that from another source could only be called treachery.

And, indeed, for kin to slay kin is a grievous thing.

Cries rose up for war to be wrought against those who had done such wrong and supported it, cries for war to support the heir to the slain Son of Heaven, a child of the Right Hand. Young though he was then, and in peril--for how can a son be safe when his father's killer yet lives?--there were many who avowed their fealty to him from Toshi no Omoidasu.

Thinking * Speaking Merenae * Speaking Thrane
Generally wears decent kimono & sandals, jitte, wakizashi
Wears extravagant kimono & sandals and wakizashi at court
Almost always has paper and something to write with
Public Profile

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:02 pm 

"Indeed"

Mogami says from behind her fan.

"Their clan certainly embraces the wind, allowing it to carry their words and deeds to wherever it whims..."

Mogami's Equipment: Battle: Light Armor, Yumi, Quiver w Flesh Cutter Arrows, Daisho
Court: Decent quality kimono and courtiers fan

Budoka's Tsuruga and Fuwa's Eqiupment:
Battle: Ashigaru Armor | Han-Kyu, Quiver w Willow Leaf Arrows | Yari
Court: Kimono

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:05 pm 

Matsu Mogami wrote:
"Indeed"

Mogami says from behind her fan.

"Their clan certainly embraces the wind, allowing it to carry their words and deeds to wherever it whims..."

"I suppose to a mighty wind all things look to be a willow tree in need of swaying," he said with a smirk.

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:08 pm 

Asako Kashiwagi wrote:
the Asako finally broke the tension with a calm tone, “The Unicorn are fierce, one can hear their courage long before they can be seen. Impressive.”

Togashi Tsukimi wrote:
"I wish to fight, yes," she said, pulling awkwardly at her cowl as there was suddenly more eyes in their direction. Clearing her throat, she stood a little taller. "And I am ready to do so. If it comes to it, it would be an honor for many of us to fight alongside Shimizu-dono and the Lion Clan in the coming days."

"WELL SAID!" Baatar proclaimed. "YOU SEE!" Then, apparently realizing the stunned silence that had fallen around them, he continued in a more normal tone.

"You see...! There are those of us who would fight for the Empress, if given the chance," Baatar declared. "That's what's important here!"

This was his best speech ever! he thought to himself.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:08 pm 

Agasha Poemu wrote:
Poemu looked mildly surprised at that. "I would of course be honored to view any art you felt honored to share with me. You are skilled in other arts then? Not that I would not attend a play that you put on as well, but I imagine that would take more planning."

"I am proficient, skilled might be a slight overstatement. A true actress must be multilayered, otherwise they have failed at their Duty." She smirked. "Perhaps we can play, or try origami. Sing, or dance. The options are endless, Agasha-sama."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:09 pm 

Matsu Tani wrote:
"I hope that my presence is worth half what you believe," she actually smiled somewhat genuinely. "If the Lion are better for my presence, I will be glad for it."

"Your presence will be more than that. Soon my stories will be about heroes like you Matsu Tani-sama" Homura smiled brightly then lowered her head respectfully "I can only hope I can give them the telling they deserve."

Then the shouting happened, and Homura shook her head.

"Kami, it's getting worse in here."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:13 pm 

Kanade wrote:
"If they've energy to argue, they've energy to fight onwards. That's what matters." A strangely grim smile crossed Kanade's face. "A toast, to living to fight another day?"

"Sure," she said, lifting her cup. "Same as every other day, always a good reason to drink."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:15 pm 

Kasuga Seitouna wrote:
Cries rose up for war to be wrought against those who had done such wrong and supported it, cries for war to support the heir to the slain Son of Heaven, a child of the Right Hand. Young though he was then, and in peril--for how can a son be safe when his father's killer yet lives?--there were many who avowed their fealty to him from Toshi no Omoidasu.

He continues writing:
Quote:
Indeed, one of the returned Children of Shinjo, proud in purple, shouted like the wind of his Clan's following, horn sounding in the Lion court notes that others had surely blown before, as those attending gave heed. And the wind fluttered the leaves of the trees of those gathered, though how the branches shook might not always have been easy to see.

If they shook, though, they shook in increasing unison, a steady drum-beat to follow the horn-call, gaining in clarity and strength.

For my own part, being out of my depth--I have been a sea-borne Tortoise, after all, accustomed to a different swelling and pitching--I could but observe as those better versed in the ways of courts handled themselves, and, as I had been bidden by my better, I fixed as much as I could in my memory and in the work of my pen-hand.

Thinking * Speaking Merenae * Speaking Thrane
Generally wears decent kimono & sandals, jitte, wakizashi
Wears extravagant kimono & sandals and wakizashi at court
Almost always has paper and something to write with
Public Profile

Shosuro Sara wrote:
"I am proficient, skilled might be a slight overstatement. A true actress must be multilayered, otherwise they have failed at their Duty." She smirked. "Perhaps we can play, or try origami. Sing, or dance. The options are endless, Agasha-sama."

Poemu nodded thoughtfully before she smiled and came back to the present. "Ah, hai hai, I can understand that. Dance, poetry, song, instruments... I am certain there are many arts one must practice for the stage. I would most certainly try something such as origami, but I would most certainly only embarrass us both trying to sing or dance without any practice."

Ikoma Homura wrote:

"Your presence will be more than that. Soon my stories will be about heroes like you Matsu Tani-sama" Homura smiled brightly then lowered her head respectfully "I can only hope I can give them the telling they deserve."

Then the shouting happened, and Homura shook her head.

"Kami, it's getting worse in here."

Tani had been mostly ignoring the very loud Moto. But at the acknowledgement, she did nod. "Indeed. Someone is... rather spirited. Perhaps I might find my way to a tea room soon. Some Iron Benten might help me think."

Glorious Death in battle is never untimely.

Equipment: Daisho, Kimono (functional or exceptional, depending on situation), Finger of Jade (hanging on a necklace around her neck), heavy armor (when appropriate), Fan, Bisento (when appropriate)

Description

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:24 pm 

Matsu Tani wrote:
Tani had been mostly ignoring the very loud Moto. But at the acknowledgement, she did nod. "Indeed. Someone is... rather spirited. Perhaps I might find my way to a tea room soon. Some Iron Benten might help me think."

Tea sounds fantastic!

"If it would not be an imposition, I would welcome some tea Matsu-sama. I haven't had any since the day before...well, you know" Homura didn't want 'the day before the Emperor died' so she avoided wording it.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:25 pm 

"Hai, I would not mind the company." She nodded friendly-like. Clearly still not taking any more meaning than just tea.

Glorious Death in battle is never untimely.

Equipment: Daisho, Kimono (functional or exceptional, depending on situation), Finger of Jade (hanging on a necklace around her neck), heavy armor (when appropriate), Fan, Bisento (when appropriate)

Description

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:27 pm 

Moto Baatar wrote:
"WELL SAID!" Baatar proclaimed. "YOU SEE!" Then, apparently realizing the stunned silence that had fallen around them, he continued in a more normal tone.

"You see...! There are those of us who would fight for the Empress, if given the chance," Baatar declared. "That's what's important here!"

This was his best speech ever! he thought to himself.

“Well then Moto-san, please educate this court on the proper Unicorn response. You have an eager and intrigued audience,” he offered.

“As the little teacher says, wisdom comes from all creatures, quiet and loud. Or something similar.”

TN 0 to be Recognized.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 387 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 20  Next