It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:10 pm

Post subject: Re: Memorable Moments
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:02 pm 

Subject: GM Question Thread

Mindshred wrote:
Moto Akemi wrote:
:cry:

Do the Unicorn have an Embassy yet? Not sure if there was time to build one or not - if not, where are the Unicorn staying?

Technically yes.

It's a small thing with Moto Baatar and his horse and a dog.

Gear: daisho, another classy fan, another extravagant furisode (or plain kimono and hakama), silk umbrella, jade obi dome (pendant), golden kushi kanzashi (head comb).
Duty/Outside: Armor Up!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:09 pm 

Degarashi for another:
Subject: Apology Tour, I Still Suck At This [D9, LE]

Bayushi Degarashi wrote:
One minute the world was nice and peaceful. Degarashi was having a pleasant conversation with the Sparrow, discussing the idiocy of the night prior, and enjoying some harmlessly flirtatious banter. Suzume-shoi even looked like she was about to smile as she opened her lips to reply.

Then a portal opened, and whether it was to Sakkaku or Jigoku or Gaki-do or Nintendo, the most unpleasant screeching sound issued forth from within. The Scorpion had to close his eyes against the pain, and before he could cover his ears, the damage was done. He blinked a few times, trying to regain his bearings when Chihaya turned back, murder in her eyes, and said something to him.

Thinking * Speaking Merenae * Speaking Thrane
Generally wears decent kimono & sandals, jitte, wakizashi
Wears extravagant kimono & sandals and wakizashi at court
Almost always has paper and something to write with
Public Profile

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:25 am 

Subject: The Lion's Court (D9, Early Afternoon)

Yogo Sukima wrote:
Sukima rose, her manner serious and a surprisingly commanding presence. She looked over those gathered confidently and her voice projected. She seemed unusually in her element today.

"Honored guests gathered here today..."

"We have been faced today with a most disturbing missive claiming a terrible rumor of Hantei Tokiyo. I assure you that this claim is untrue. What has been said is not only an insult to the Empress, but to our fallen Emperor."

"I respect Hantei XXII's decision in who to marry and will believe in the honor of his spouse. My brother understood more than anyone the trials that face those that guide the Empire, and he entrusted his legacy and bloodline to Hantei Tokiyo-sama with that in mind. I can't believe, with as many who have tried to betray him in the past, that he would make that decision with anything less than the utmost care. He faced the betrayal of the Steel Chrysanthemum assured of that decision. That anyone would claim or believe less is an insult to his memory."

"The Empress is a woman of honor, and the best person to see to the Empire while the heir comes of age. As an abdicator myself, I would normally hesitate regarding a one who originate in the Clans, as loyalty to one does not quickly disappear, but I believe that she is capable of seeing past that and to the good of the Empire as a whole."

"The Steel Chrysanthemum, who portrayed himself as one thing only to betray and murder his kin, should not even be in consideration as his armies approach our walls. Perhaps he left his honor in his last life, because he shows none now. Those who would take advantage of the Miya to spread rumor should also be beyond consideration."

"Thank you for your time."

She returned to her seat hiding a small smile behind her fan while her Kitsu ancestors howled in her head. Now matter what they said, she did her best. she could be proud of her ability today.

How could you say such things?! You betray your kin and your ancestors!

No... I refuse to betray those I care about for you.

---

Influence: Courtier/Awareness + Void, 3 raises for TN 30: 8d10o10k4 57 +4 Imperialist Points

-10 Honor for defying her ancestors.

I always respect someone who loses like a rank of Honor in one go to stick to their principles.

*applauds*

“At times, the voice of peace must ring like Thunder.”

Has: Sacred Daisho, Light Armor (battle), necklace of prayer beads (jade), figurine of Jizo, parchment and charcoal, white cowl. Lion tattoo on left arm, Dragon tattoo on left thigh.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:35 pm 

Kaiu Amaya wrote:
Lots of people talking about things she has little idea about. Well, she had heard about that other naga, which is why she managed to not freak out over this one suddenly slithering into their bath. And he is quite polite and well-spoken, so it would have been a shame too.

Still, it is a strangely mesmerising sight. She can't shake off the feeling that this is a giant snake that got itself stuck trying to swallow down a grown man, who is quite chill about his new life situation.

This made me laugh so damned much.....

Carries: Silk clothing, White silk vest that seems to shimmer in the light, several fine bracelets of silver. Travel pack, hunting knife, Yumi (Where Appropriate), Jade Spear (Where Appropriate)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:24 am 

Subject: EVENT: Gank Squad (D10, Late Afternoon)

Asako Kashiwagi wrote:
"Chidori..." he burbled in the waters as his life fell away from him.

Kashiwagi regrets nothing... he takes that back he regrets not seeing his children, but he will be one with the wheel.

Chidori, write my story well... Noriko, well guess we got some time to kill.

Nailed it.

Ren-chan, stay weird.

He collapsed and was swept away... the standard lost in the waters.

OOC: 45 wounds, Kashiwagi is dead.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Has: Sacred Daisho, Light Armor (battle), necklace of prayer beads (jade), figurine of Jizo, parchment and charcoal, white cowl. Lion tattoo on left arm, Dragon tattoo on left thigh.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 1:58 am 

Subject: EVENT: Gank Squad (D10, Late Afternoon)

Kayou wrote:
Kayou catches the Water Dragon's scales and . . . feels herself pulled out of her body. For a moment she is on the Dragon's back and she can see the whole battle field.

The bulls sent to panic the city, defeated. The Tsuno dispatched. Yet her friends . . . are fallen in this task. Her tears mix with the rain and the Dragon carry her higher and higher towards Emma-o's judgement and her next turn on the wheel.

"Can this one not say good bye?" she asked.

The Dragon only shook its head and continued its journey.

/End of Kayou's story?

It's raining indoors again :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

On person: Pretty kimono, Scroll Satchel, Wakizashi, Fan, calligraphy set & Paper, Tea set (sometimes), Light armour, Han-kyu and arrows(sometimes)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:44 am 

Personally, I thought this was the best part:
Matsu Mogami wrote:
And the spear caught in Kassenko's armor

Fuwa screamed his rage into the world.

"FOR MOGAMI!!!!!!"

and jiggled the stuck spear uselessly as tears filled his vision

Wish I could have saved him. Those budoka were pretty cool characters.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:13 pm 

Subject: Empty Chair and Empty Table (D10 LE)

Akodo Ren wrote:
Ren's footsteps echoed down the empty and darkened library stacks. A single candle held in her hand illuminated a small area around her. The stacks which once held a great repository of texts now held only a spattering of unimportant trivia.

In the darkness, Ren saw the flitting image of the man she'd always know as Yusuke, hurrying about with fire in his soul, copying texts at a rate beyond normal human capability. She paused at a desk where he had sat and recalled the image of him slouched over the catalog, meticulously recording information on a number of works which ancient scholars had spent their lives writing.

A forlorn curvature of her lips came to her face as she reached out her open hand to gently caress the image's hair. The fire which drove him to write with such fury and speed was something that had always been a part of him...

She remembered the much younger and cuter Yusuke diligently working on his characters on a tree stump in the woods. She remembered one afternoon where she hung upside down from a nearby tree branch and watched him write... waiting to see how long it took for him to realize she was there. She hung there until her head began to weigh as much as a millstone and the dizziness threatened to dislodge her from the tree.

She hopped down and landed in front of him, only to see him glance at her momentarily before returning back to his drills. She smiled then... and she smiled now at the focus which had been a part of him even as a small boy.

There were many moments to remember... many stories of mischief, fun, and not a few fights... but the warmth he left in her heart despite his outward coldness was what Ren had always kept with her even in this moment.

She viewed the image as it turned towards her as if it was aware of her touch on his head.

"No more studying tonight Yusuke... To paraphrase Shinsei, 'When you are in the grave, you have nothing more to learn'."

The image at the table gave the softest of smiles as it looked up at her and then dissipated into the night.

She remained standing there at the table silently for an amount of time which couldn't possibly be measured. Eventually, in her mind she reached out to the realms which her fingers couldn't touch...

Until we meet again... dear cousin.

Subject: Zero to Hero [D11, Early Morning] (Phoenix Embassy)

Seppun Horonigai wrote:
As promised to Kashiwagi, at the first light of Amaterasu-no-kami, Horonigai ways ready to honor him. Dressed in red in front of the Phoenix Embassy, she dances in silence, to a song that filled her heart with memories.

--
Dance/Agility + VP + Raise to attract his spirit: 5d10o10k4-5 25

Terrible time for rain. Also this by Mai: viewtopic.php?f=99&t=1026

Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse "Bashiru", Moto Scimitar

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:30 pm 

Secret Mission Sara--excuse me, Hiruma Sakura--delights me.

Subject: [D11 EN] I'm off on a secret mission

Shosuro Sara wrote:
Sara glanced around the area, frowning in Crab, before she started moving purposefully, trying to walk around and gather an idea from the layout of the camp.

Shosuro Sara wrote:
Hiruma Sakura, IMPORTANT bushi and Gunso of the Sneaking Squadron approached the old man.

"Oy. The shitters coming along?" She added yet another grunt.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:40 pm 

viewtopic.php?f=99&t=1073

Mindshred wrote:
The earth kami rumbles back a response. "Put the pointy end into a fleshy thing."

This is an amusing thread, mostly because the kami are so chill, always.

Profile :: Theme

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 9:00 pm 

Subject: EVENT: No More Toshigoku! (D12, Late Evening)

Akodo Ren wrote:
A woman in simple Lion robes walked along the streets of Nikesake with an air of peace and serenity. She had been through this before... knew what it felt to have the world around her crying out for vengeance.

Within herself she knew there were seeds of this same vengeance. She was no less human than any other person in this city... in fact her mind brought to her the idea that perhaps because of her path... it was possible she was more human than many of those around her.

This army had taken from her the two people she had been closest to her in her youth... There was every reason to succumb to the same hatred which consumed the aggressors. But she knew in the quiet of her mind that despite her baseness... there was strength in her humanity that would see her through.

The higher you stand above modesty, the easier it becomes to lose your footing.

As she walked the streets she saw people begin to work on a collection of implements the monks were going to use to help purify the city. She noticed an elderly man carving into wood the design of a fortune... Despite his pious work she saw a look on his face that was anything but pious.

She approached him gently and sat down by his side. He paused and looked to her with surprise... She simply smiled in return. She motioned to the woodblock in his hands and said, "Teach me."

As the pair of them worked on the carvings, she could see the hate and resentment in the man slowly ebb out of his heart... he became much more comfortable... even cracking a joke or two to the Lion courtier. The only way to root out Toshigoku's influence was one soul at a time...

Take away your enemy's foundation and you will find he is not as threatening as he once was.

Ren eventually brought her work to the monks who responded positively. They asked if she would be able to help them... to pray to the Fortunes and help cleanse the city. She smiled and replied, "I will do so in the best way I know how."

Ren climbed the stairs to get atop the city walls and walked calmly to the northeast corner. She set the implements down in front of her and closed her eyes to reach out with her soul to the realms above...

May I be a guard for those who need protection
A guide for those on the path
A boat, a raft, a bridge for those who wish to cross the flood
May I be a lamp in the darkness
A resting place for the weary
A healing medicine for all who are sick
A vase of plenty, a tree of miracles
And for the boundless multitudes of living beings
May I bring sustenance and awakening
Enduring like the earth and sky
Until all beings are freed from sorrow
And all are awakened.

Finishing her prayer she let out a gentle sigh and glanced over the city beneath her... Her hopes rekindled... and motivation restored.

Just as water washes away the stains of the earth, so does it wash the soul clean of the stains of fear.

She descended from the walls and began walking through the streets again. The hope within her soul still burned brightly... but with it the depth of the darkness of Toshigoku rose to challenge it. She saw the images of blood-soaked blue and orange robes in the street... a giant wave washing away a man in bright red robes... visages of the spirits of Toshigoku slashing into a young warrior in red armor while children ran in fear...

Ren stopped abruptly and looked around her. The lingering images were obviously not in the world... nor were they illusions concocted by some priest or sorcerer. She released a deep breath... She then realized the things which push one towards destruction and fear do not originate from the outside; they are from within. I will no longer allow myself to drag itself down... These things are part of me, but my purpose is greater than the obstacles sent to hinder me. In a moment the images dissipated... Never to return again.

Those with pure purpose have the strength to never fall.

So Ren <3

Gear: daisho, another classy fan, another extravagant furisode (or plain kimono and hakama), silk umbrella, jade obi dome (pendant), golden kushi kanzashi (head comb).
Duty/Outside: Armor Up!

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 12:30 am 

Moto Baatar wrote:
The Unicorn chuckled. "Rawr," he said jokingly, miming a playful paw slash with one hand.

Accompanied by lions Seiji and Kaori
Carries/wears Light Armor, Daisho, no-daichi, koan about perseverance in the face of failure, the book "Akodo's Leadership"

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 4:09 am 

Stab them until they die from it

<3

Much needed laugh for me these days.

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 2:06 pm 

The Battle event has me howling with laughter every time I look at it.

Carries: A red and black fan and hat.