It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:01 pm

Post subject: Re: [Day 9, Late Evening]Cover Me With Color
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:06 am 

"Every day is wasted if we do not learn something new, no?"

Mogami's Equipment: Battle: Light Armor, Yumi, Quiver w Flesh Cutter Arrows, Daisho
Court: Decent quality kimono and courtiers fan

Budoka's Tsuruga and Fuwa's Eqiupment:
Battle: Ashigaru Armor | Han-Kyu, Quiver w Willow Leaf Arrows | Yari
Court: Kimono

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 10:16 am 

"H-" she caught the response in her thought. Glancing aside and looking down for a moment. Turning to her tools she packed them away with some speed but with distracted precision, the unconscious memory of repeated things.

"May.. I had, I did not wish to pry further Mogami-san. Yet, there is much I would like to know. I know many of your reasons for why you yet spoke out against the herald before already, as you have spoken them, but I yet have been driven by this encounter to understand more of the situation as best I might. May, I.. do not know how to ask what I wish to ask in truth, Mogami-san."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 2:57 pm 

"Simply speak you mind, Togashi-san. We are inside private walls here, and I have said many times now that we share a special bond because of the work you are doing on me. I would like to think there is nothing you could not discuss with me freely. We are not in court either, so no need to be cautious. Please, what is on your mind?"

Mogami's Equipment: Battle: Light Armor, Yumi, Quiver w Flesh Cutter Arrows, Daisho

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 3:27 am 

"May.. I would speak with you of the thoughts and understandings you have of both what the herald had said, and of each situation that has arisen from it. For what do you see to be the outcome, for what do you hope, for what do you believe to be the truth of things?"

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 3:41 am 

"I believe that the Herald was doing his appointed job, and that Seppun Kato is trying to seize the throne. He is the deceased Emperor's brother, and by claiming that the Crown Prince is illegitimate, he believes that he should be next. However, when he became a Seppun, he set aside all claims. You cannot go back on your word. "

Mogami waits for the Togashi to stop for a moment and then rolls her shoulders for a minute to ease some of their stiffness.

"Once the Steel Chrysanthemum's threat has been answered, the Empress will denounce Kato and there will be much political conflict within the Empire. Many will believe his words to be true, and there will then be a period of different clans unifying their support to either the Empress or to Kato. It will be a potentially bloody thing, which the Empire cannot afford after losing so much to war with the Steel Chrysanthemum."

"As far as what I wish? I wish he had never spoken at all. But that cannot happen, so then I wish that all samurai respect the Honor of the Empress and do not fall to the schemes of Kato."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:15 am 

"May I do see what you say when you speak such. At least, to even my eye I can see that such a proclamation was ill-timed in even the best of possibilities. Yet I would believe that he is yet capable, which would imply a degree of planning around such things. That it yet divides the hearts ever further is a problem. I can agree with easily, but yet how to deal with this broken mirror is yet a question."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:29 am 

"Engage people who may support him in conversation and work on convincing them that their path is a false one. Show them the true path instead. It will be difficult though, for many can have the truth right in front of them yet fail to see it."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:07 am 

"There is yet much I will need to think on," she said in both reply and commenting to herself. "May, it will be simple enough to decide upon, however, that many who might needs focus on this conflict of succession be redirected to what yet is bearing down on our doors. That we might yet focus on what it is we might yet do."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:20 am 

Mogami nods in agreement.

"Absolutely. First we must all stand together against the Steel Chrysanthemum, and then address the false claims of Seppun Kato. Already people are making claims in court for him, and it is my belief that by doing so it will only cause division that is unnecessary at this time. Certainly, his claim needs to be addressed, and swiftly, but deliberations on it should wait until after."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:18 pm 

"May," she says, "I shall endeavor to aid in these matters as much as I can. Both what comes to the gates and what yet will come after. Should we yet all survive beyond that event.. I am.. prepared to face that possibility should it be a thing but with defenders such as yourself I am all too certain we will yet see out that day."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:53 pm 

Mogami smiles

"I have no doubt that we can hold the city, at least for a time. Enough to get those out who need to leave, no doubt. The walls here are strong."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:51 pm 

"Hai," she nodded and continued to see to her things. With the pots once more sealed, the needles cleaned, Mogami's back wiped of excess and the rest of her kit packed away.

"May, Mogami-san, we shall yet continue tomorrow, yes?"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:57 pm 

"As duty permits of course. I will plan to see you again around the same time."

Mogami sits up and covers herself,

"Thank you again, Togashi-san, for your work, and for your words."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:57 am 

"Thank you, Mogami-san, for your time and your patience with the slow and painful process that is my art. It honors me that you accepted and have yet continued to allow me perform," she bows her head.

"May, I shall yet leave you to your evening that you might relax after such a session."