It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 12:03 pm

Post subject: (D10, EE, Open) All Seems Well...
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 12:54 am 

The fighting outside the gates seemed to have stopped as the evening came. Poemu hadn't gone to the gates to ask, but the streets seemed to have a wary sense that the night would go on undisturbed from major assault.

The cool rain always made her wish for a bath back in the hot springs of Agasha lands, but a bath house would do. Making her way in and washing herself clean, Poemu soon made her way into the water with a pleased sigh.

Post subject: Re: (D10, EE, Open) All Seems Well...
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 1:35 am 

Soshi Tameaki returns to the baths - it's been a long day, even for one not directly involved in the fighting, and the urge to wash the dust and stress away has proven overpowering...

"Good evening, Dragon-san," he says as he slips into the bath. "I don't think we've met - I'm Soshi Tameaki."

Carries/Wears: Extravagant clothing, wakizashi, jitte, mask, fan, personal seal

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 2:12 am 

Arriving with the fading light, Yukarin really felt she needed to scrub down after the bleeding troops and panicked peasants she had passed in the streets. True, she should start getting used to this sort of scene as a Crab, perhaps. But she was lost in thought as she slipped into the hot water, giving a nod of her head that tried to be a bow to the other two.

Honor: Expected | Glory: 1.0 | Infamy 0.1 | Status: 1.0
carries: wakizashi, dice & cup, heirloom jewelry, pearl & jade necklace, tiny Daikoku statue, coin purse, hand fan, silk umbrella, bottle of Golden Carp, sake cups, personal seal

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 2:25 am 

Perhaps the man had seen her in court? Or her kimono in the changing area? Poemu didn't question it, giving a polite smile and a modest, seated bow. "Konbon-wa, Soshi-sama. This one is Agasha Poemu, ambassador to the Lion. It is an honor to meet you."

She had seen the other woman in the baths at Toshi no Omoidoso, and gave her a seated bow as well.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 2:30 am 

Shortly afterwards a Crane bushi also entered the baths. It had been quite a day but she seemed untouched by the fighting.

With a polite bow to the occupants she slipped into the water. It was delightful. Less smelly than the previous baths too.

"Good evening minna-sama. This one is Daidoji Tetsuko. Pleased to meet you."

"Oh she's very pretty. For a Daidoji." - Random Doji courtier.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 2:34 am 

Always one to greet others as soon as she could, Poemu gave a new seated bow to the Crane samurai-ko, smiling politely. "Konbon-wa, Daidoji-sama. Please, join us. It seems we all need a hot soak on an evening such as this. The man over there is Soshi Tameaki, and I am Agasha Poemu."

She didn't introduce the Crab, since she hadn't taken part in the conversation yet.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 2:43 am 

A Soshi, an Agasha, and a Daidoji, hm?

"Oh, good evening minna-sama. This one is Yasuki Yukarin. I am glad to have the company."

She gave a soft smile and gave a more proper seated bow now that she was no longer lost in thought.

carries: wakizashi, dice & cup, heirloom jewelry, pearl & jade necklace, tiny Daikoku statue, coin purse, hand fan, silk umbrella, bottle of Golden Carp, sake cups, personal seal

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 2:50 am 

"Oh, thank you Agasha-sama." She moved closer, which made it easier to see the assorted well-healed wounds that covered her torso. "I am delighted to meet each of you. Agasha-sama, had the distinct pleasure of meeting your cousin Togashi Iko-sama yesterday."

One of the few samurai in the Empire that she could identify by reputation. She looked over to the Yasuki with a polite smile.

"Good evening Yasuki-sama. I have yet to enjoy the company of the Crab this winter, but I am glad to finally have the opportunity."

Last edited by Daidoji Tetsuko on Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:19 am 

Yukarin looked to the Crane woman, "There are not too many Crab in these lands, it's unfortunate but true. Not even at the Imperial Winter Court. But then, we had a few of our numbers stay behind in the retreat from Toshi no Omoidoso, so our numbers here in Nikesake are even less."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:17 pm 

Tetsuko gave Yukarin a serious look. "Indeed. I was told I would be attending the Imperial Winter Court, but found myself in Toshi no Omoidoso instead." She did her best to relax a little into the soothing waters.

"Did you attend it yourself, Yasuki-sama? I was supposed to be meeting my betrothed there. Perhaps you encountered him, Hiruma Katree?" If anyone could survive against uncertain odds it would be a Hiruma.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:42 pm 

Poemu spoke up at that, perhaps to reassure the Daidoji woman. "Though I had little contact with the Crab delegation Daidoji-san, I recall Hiruma-san's presence. I did not see him at Toshi no Omoidoso, but then, there are many that left by boat as well."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:37 pm 

Tetsuko nodded and looked over towards the Dragon. "Thank you Agasha-sama. I did not see him arrive there either, but I was told that he accompanied Doji Etsuko-dono in the defense of the refugees from Morikage Toshi."

Not that she would have recognised him if he had managed to reach Toshi no Omoidoso while she was there. She wondered if any of that group of Crab and Crane had survived.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:52 pm 

"I was not at the Imperial Court, but I know there was no Hiruma Katree inToshi no Omoidoso when we left, or before. So he certainly did not come this way."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:29 pm 

Poemu nodded softly before looking to the only man in the baths at the moment. "What about you Soshi-sama? I admit I was not fully aware of the Scorpion who were present at Winter Court, and perhaps you had seen Hiruma-san's fate?"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:14 am 

Tameaki shakes his head.

"I was at my family's Winter Court in Shiro no Soshi," he answers, "and only made my way north when word of the collapse of the Morikage Toshi court reached us. Our esteemed Champion determined that a legal representative was needed to help organize our clan's response to the matter, and so I was sent. I met the refugees from Morikage Toshi and Toshi no Omoidoso here, only two days ago."

Carries/Wears: Extravagant clothing, wakizashi, jitte, mask, fan, personal seal

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:21 am 

Tetsuko nodded at each of their comments. "I thank you for your recollections minna-sama. Time will tell if he made it to safety, or died bravely, like those heroes who passed today."

She had fought beside Matsu Mogami, was in awe of Asako Kashiwagi, and had heard curious tales of the nun Kayou. Idly she wondered if any of the rest them would leave the city again. Nikesake was not exactly her favourite place in the Empire, nor the Steel Chrysanthemum's. Still, she could enjoy one last bath before the City was burned down a second time.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:40 am 

"I just hope we survive to be able to honor their sacrifice. Not as a personal matter or such; If it is my time, it is my time. But it feels like it would be such a waste for such things not to be properly remembered, or for people to feel as though they were made in vain."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:29 pm 

Poemu nodded at that as well. "I believe we will make it. It is... sad that there are those that will give, and have given, their lives for the Empire to go on, but I have seen much to hope for in the last week. Even this bath has members of four different clans together, united in this moment. It is together that Rokugan will go on."