It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 3:28 pm

Post subject: [D1 EE] Quarterly 121 Meeting
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:36 pm 

Sara dressed in her finest kimono, hair done up with a comb, make up, mask and fan ready. She was visiting her Urawashi-ue after all.

She stood outside the door, eyeing the guards and giving them a bow, and waited to be let in.

Post subject: Re: [D1 EE] Quarterly 121 Meeting
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:05 pm 

The guards stare at Sara in an entirely distrusting manner. Eventually, they step aside and slide the door open, allowing them to enter Uruwashii's room. It was, somewhat surprisingly, decorated in the powder blue of the Crane Clan, which just made the blot of darkness that was Shosuro Uruwashii's dark crimson kimono all the more noticeable.

"Shosuro Sara, welcome." She motions to the table, which has been filled with various fish dishes, and seats herself behind it. "Personally, I have not eaten in days, save for some dry trail rations. You are welcome to help yourself, should you wish it."

Uruwashii carefully seats herself on one side of the table.

NPC by GM Mindshred

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:07 pm 

Sara's first reaction is to bow deeply. After the appropriate amount of time, then set up and sat opposite of her daimyo.

She reviewed her options. "I ate some rations, but nothing civilized, no." she chose a fish dish, fondly recalling her options at home, in Ryoko Owari.

"I trust Shosuro-sama's health is fine?"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:13 pm 

"As well as can be expected," she sighs. "Did you encounter any troubles along the way? I had hoped to gather the Scorpion together before we left the castle, but half of them just seemed to disappear into the shadows and ran back to... who knows what."

She sighs softly as she picks up her chopsticks in her long, elbow-length gloves. "I was sorry to miss your play. I am told that it was to be quite lovely."

NPC by GM Mindshred

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:16 pm 

"Besides some light frostibte, fatigue, and my elemental humours in disarray from everything that happened, I am fine Shosuro-ue." She nibbled at the food.

"I am glad you are fine. Our clan needs your leadership, and I am here to assist." She tried to hide her smile, pleased at the compliment.

"Arigatou Shosuro-ue, I hope I will have opportunity to play in front of my daimyo in the future."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:34 pm 

"I would be tempted to arrange something, but unfortunately, I don't think the mood is quite right. There is always next year, however, provided that we manage to stay alive until winter."

Her tone is light, and she smiles before taking a small bite of fish.

"Forgive me for asking, Sara-san, but is your training strictly in the theater, or are your skills more robust than one would assume at first glance?"

NPC by GM Mindshred

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:36 pm 

Well, that is hopeful.

"Hai Shosuro-ue, of course. I would be glad to gift you my performance."

She put her plate down, and looked u pat her daimyo. "Though my focus has been traditional theatre, I exceeded my schooling as a butei back in Ryoko Owari. I am skilled in the less traditional methods of acting of our family and my sensei, and I have some basic skills in other arts." She put a certain emphasis on arts, she did not mean ikebana, that was plain.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:44 pm 

"That is good to know. It is always awkward when one confuses the normal actresses with the exceptional ones. Just last year, I had two actresses with the same name, and I sent one to seduce a high-ranking courtier and the other to perform for the Yasuki daimyo. I ended up with a bored daimyo and a happily married courtier. So inconvenient."

She smirks and pokes at the fish with her chopsticks. "I have no idea why so many women choose to name themselves 'Sakura.' When I chose my name, I made certain that I was the only Uruwashii among the Scorpion." She pauses, as if remembering something. "There is an Uruwashii among the Dragon, of course, but I am fairly certain that she chose the name simply to vex me. That seems like something the Dragon might do, does it not?"

NPC by GM Mindshred

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:06 pm 

Sara smiled lightly, trying to withhold a laugh. "Oh my. Sakura...such a pretty feminine name, so common. I like to use it when I am undercover. No one bats an eye at yet another Sakura. Sara I chose for how it sounded, how it rolled off the tongue. Sometimes the primal undertones of a name mean more than what it means."

She bit a small bit of fish as she placed it on her tongue. "Certainly. Then again, no one knows why a Dragon does anything, especially the Dragon." She glanced up at her uncertainly. "It is certainly a unique name. Beautiful even."

She put the chop sticks down to take a sip of water. "What do you think will happen Shosuro-e?"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:15 pm 

"If I had to guess?" Uruwashii plucks up another piece of fish, chewing it thoughtfully as she thinks the question over. "I would imagine that the Hantei... the Steel Chrysanthemum, that is... I would imagine that he will either attempt to fortify himself in Morikage Toshi and wait for reinforcements, or he will march upon Otosan Uchi and attempt to murder the Empress."

She gives a light shrug. "It's an interesting situation. Common assumption would be that nobody will support him, but I doubt that many people will be happy with a Matsu empress, either." Another bite of fish, another pause for thought. "I think the most interesting part of the whole ordeal will be seeing how Seppun Kato reacts to his brother's death. It's no secret that he's been expanding his web of influence."

Uruwashii motions towards Sara with her chopsticks. "On a more pleasant matter, I agree with you about the undertones of names. So few of today's young samurai seem to give the matter much thought, especially among the Lion. I can't imagine how difficult it must be for their historians to keep track of things with everyone naming themselves after their ancestors." She shakes her head. "You misplace one scroll and suddenly you're your own grandmother."

NPC by GM Mindshred

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:19 pm 

Sara listened. "Well, at least our alliance is in a good place to help that matter."

She let out a low snarl at the mention of the more unsavory topic. "Such..ugh, such unseemliness. What those imbeciles said today..." She shook her head. "That rude, murderous monster will not sit on the throne. Not if I have a word in it. And I had, quite a few, today."

She picked up another piece of fish. Mmmm, food.

"I have some connections I built through, mostly from my fans. Shosuro-ue would not believe how many theatre enthusiasts are in position where they have access to information, and what they will do for a kind letter from their favorite actress. Or their used geta."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:41 pm 

Uruwashii's nose scrunched up a bit at the mention of used geta. "And what if our Champion decided that we were to throw the weight of our persuasive powers behind the Steel Chrysanthemum?"

NPC by GM Mindshred

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:43 pm 

Sara fell silent, her expression darkened. "I..."

She frowned.

"I would commit kanshi."She stated simply.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:07 am 

Uruwashii watches her for a moment. Then she picks up another piece of fish in her chopsticks and nibbles on it.

"And you believe that your death would cause Bayushi Yuuto to throw up his hands, cast aside his carefully laid plans, and throw his lot in with the Empress?"

She once again pokes at the fish in front of them. "Do you believe yourself important enough to redirect the flow of an entire Clan, Sara-san?"

NPC by GM Mindshred

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:16 am 

Sara shrugged. "If my death is not enough to convince him, then neither would my words Shosuro-ue. I am not that important yet, but what am I to do if I feel my Champion's decision will lead our clan and Empire to peril? I do not feel I can send a message other ways. Perhaps with a great play, if Bayishi-ue were so inclined."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:32 am 

"I would hope that you would recognize the many years of training and the great deal of resources the Scorpion spent on making you into the woman you are today, and how childish it would be to throw that away on personal opinions."

Her expression turns serious as she carefully sets her chopsticks down on her plate and folds her hands into her lap. "You are young, Sara-chan, but please believe me when I tell you that I have seen this sort of behavior among other actresses. They get so caught up in playing the leading role that they forget they are nothing more than supporting actresses in the only performance that matters."

"The Scorpion are what matter, my dear." Uruwashii motions to the mons on Sara's kimono. "And obedience is a virtue. The Scorpion have given you everything. If I instruct you to kill a man, I expect you do to so without question. If I tell you to seduce someone, I expect you to be naked and on your back without so much as a peep of protest. And if I tell you to speak openly in court about a subject you disagree with, I expect you to do so with all the gusto your fluttering little breast can manage."

She makes a dismissive gesture with her hand. "If there is a chance that you will simply stab yourself out of principle or spite or whatever emotion has replaced loyalty in your heart, then you are... simply of no use to me, nor to the Scorpion. And that would be a true disappointment, because I believe you have a very promising career in your future."

Uruwashii sighs and gives Sara a tired smile. "So tell me, my dear, are you a loyal Scorpion, or should I seek to marry you out to a more appropriate Clan?"

NPC by GM Mindshred

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:40 am 

Emotions were conflicting in Sara's fluttering breast. Anger, shame, disappointment. It slowly coalesced into a short answer.

"Ie. I trust Bayushi-ue and you, Shosuro-ue. The thought of that monster on the theone just...revulses me, but that is my weakness."

She let out a breath, and lowered the chopsticks. "I sm young, but I hope to learn from you."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:33 am 

Uruwashii nods in approval. "Hopefully, it will not come to that. The threat of the Steel Chrysanthemum cuts directly at the Lion and their Empress, and I suspect that our Champion wishes to preserve that alliance a little while longer, at least."

"Now that Tokiyo and her spawn are in play, it shifts the priorities of the capital. The Imperial Advisor, for instance... I have not yet met a Matsu who is comfortable being told anything by a Doji, let alone advice on how to do things better. I do not know how Bayushi Yuuto will react to this development, but my inclination would be to place a Scorpion at the side of the Empress to ensure that she has the proper guidance she needs to ensure a long a fruitful reign."

NPC by GM Mindshred

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:45 am 

Shosuro Uruwashii wrote:
Uruwashii nods in approval. "Hopefully, it will not come to that. The threat of the Steel Chrysanthemum cuts directly at the Lion and their Empress, and I suspect that our Champion wishes to preserve that alliance a little while longer, at least."

"Now that Tokiyo and her spawn are in play, it shifts the priorities of the capital. The Imperial Advisor, for instance... I have not yet met a Matsu who is comfortable being told anything by a Doji, let alone advice on how to do things better. I do not know how Bayushi Yuuto will react to this development, but my inclination would be to place a Scorpion at the side of the Empress to ensure that she has the proper guidance she needs to ensure a long a fruitful reign."

Sara let out a small breath. "That does seem to be the wiser course of action, currently." She tilted her head. "Hm, what about the Chancellor? she currently does not do much, as expected of a Badger. Maybe we could replace her, or train her, instead."

She took a sip of water in careful consideration.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:03 am 

"The Chancellor has some small amount of support from everyone, if only because she is rather impartial, due to the Badger not having many political aspirations and not needing or caring about anything that could be used to bribe them."

Uruwashii considers the situation for a moment, then dismisses it with a faint shrug. "It would be a boon, but we would likely risk too much by pursuing it directly."

She carefully picks up her tea cup and sips its contents, then returns it to the table. "In any case, our priorities at the moment should be surviving this nonsense and ensuring that the Scorpion are united in their loyalty. I assume that you have learned enough as to relay my thoughts on such subjects to your fellows?"

NPC by GM Mindshred