It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 3:35 pm

Post subject: Re: [D10, EN, Scorpion Embassy] Night Terrors (closed)
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:01 pm 

"I have before. It shouldn't be a problem," she replied with a nod. "It's never getting to sleep that's the problem. Incidentally, I apologise in advance if I move around in my sleep."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:14 pm 

"I shall do my level best to suffer through it," he said in the driest of his tones.

Degarashi's grip temporarily tightened around his self appointed charge. "Ie, denka... you looked very distressed when I arrived. Have you been experiencing trouble sleeping?"

Typically carries: Wakizashi, parchment and charcoal, at least one medicine kit, a dark grey blanket, rope and grappling hook

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:27 pm 

She chuckled at the initial response before quieting down. "... We lost a lot of people today. It must have reminded me of Morikage Toshi. I had a nightmare about it."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:35 pm 

Degarashi grunted his understanding. "My brother passed in an unpleasant fashion recently as well. I wish it only haunted me during my waking hours, but it does not." Another squeeze. "I may not be able to dispel dreams, but I can at least take measures to guard your rest. You'll be needing it."

Typically carries: Wakizashi, parchment and charcoal, at least one medicine kit, a dark grey blanket, rope and grappling hook

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:13 pm 

"I will..." She put a hand over his at her waist and squeezed gently. "Thank you. I suppose I should try to regain some of that sleep now, hmm?"

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:17 pm 

"If you feel yourself to be at sufficient ease to do so, yes. I shall remain awake until the hour sees more of our number up and moving through the embassy." He looked down towards her, but doubted she would be able to meet his eyes. "Naturally if you should need something, denka, you need only say so."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:21 pm 

She felt the movement and twisted a little so she could see him out of the corner of her eye, giving a smile. "Please let me know if you need anything, as well. You are my guest in a way, after all."

"... You don't have to be so formal under the circumstances, by the way. I think, given the situation, just Sukima is fine."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:35 pm 

Alternating rivers of fire and ice began washing over Degarashi, speeding and slowing in time with the sudden irregular pace of his heart. The hand at Sukima's waist tensed, and the perpetual red hues of his face grew redder still. How he kept ending up in these situations, he would never understand.

"H-hai...S...S...Sukima..."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:46 pm 

She couldn't help but laugh a little. "Sleep well, Degarashi." With that, she settled down and after a few minutes, her breathing evens out.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:09 am 

Degarashi could have, in blind denial, told himself the jitters he was experiencing were from standing watch against an unknown enemy, but he'd have had a hard time convincing himself. Truthfully the unknown force was something entirely alien to him, yet seemed determined to work its way into his life.

As soon as Sukima was asleep beside him, Degarashi was able to relax, gripping the sheath of his knife as he turned his senses towards the surrounding room, ever vigilant.

/ scene