It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 1:41 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: [D10, LE] At the Sign of the Green Dragon
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 2:00 am 

Aya grins a bit.

"So now I'll have to see three Crabs back to their embassy?" she says taking another drink. "That will definitely be interesting."

Theme Song

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 2:38 am 

The heavily armoured Crab gives the Scorpion a drily amused look and asks. "How much can you carry?"

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 2:41 am 

Aya grinned.

"Sake or unconscious Crab?" she retorted. "I'll probably need a cart for the Crab, perhaps the same sized cart used to bring in the sake."

Theme Song

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 3:30 am 

"Strong words." Maiya chimes in with a smirk as she sits down again. "You can move fast Yogo-sama, but I wonder if your strongest skill is actually bluffing rather than drinking, ne? I suppose we'll see."

She lifts her cup and has a long, long gulp before setting it down near empty.

"Ah~ that's good."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:23 am 

She sits with her legs to her sides in a wariza style, accepting a cup of sake gratefully, "I will admit, I cannot hold my sake that well. I promise I will try to not be a burden."

Honor: Expected | Glory: 1.0 | Infamy 0.1 | Status: 1.0
carries: wakizashi, dice & cup, heirloom jewelry, pearl & jade necklace, tiny Daikoku statue, coin purse, hand fan, silk umbrella, bottle of Golden Carp, sake cups, personal seal

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:08 am 

The door to the bar slides open, revealing Soshi Tameaki on the other side. He's clearly fresh from the baths, but still looks very tired - apparently the day was very trying for him, as well.

Seeing his yoriki "consulting the spirits", he approaches and, with a nod, takes a seat without waiting for anything resembling an invitation. Likewise, he grabs a bottle without asking or waiting for leave and fills his own cup, tossing it back quickly.

"Report," he interrupts after the sake goes down, looking to Aya and turning away from the Crab ladies present.

Carries/Wears: Extravagant clothing, wakizashi, jitte, mask, fan, personal seal

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:14 am 

Soshi Tameaki wrote:
The door to the bar slides open, revealing Soshi Tameaki on the other side. He's clearly fresh from the baths, but still looks very tired - apparently the day was very trying for him, as well.

Seeing his yoriki "consulting the spirits", he approaches and, with a nod, takes a seat without waiting for anything resembling an invitation. Likewise, he grabs a bottle without asking or waiting for leave and fills his own cup, tossing it back quickly.

"Report," he interrupts after the sake goes down, looking to Aya and turning away from the Crab ladies present.

And they thought I was rude. Maybe they'll think I get it from him. Aya wonders.

She does offer him a bow at least.

"Hmm, well, Magistrate, those gathered here minus Yuka-san, kicked two Tsuno asses back to where Tsuno go when they do. Small loss of life on the peasantry's part, some damage which was taken care of by a ronin priest. Hmm, she was pretty good, someone ought to pluck her from the waves if she's not just travelling. I heard that the defenders at the gate turned aside the attack at the gates with even greater ease. But the sortie that went out after the enemy commander hasn't returned yet, which doesn't bode well for them. End report." she offers.

She turns bak to the table.

"May I introduce my boss, Soshi Tameaki, Scorpion clan magistrate?" she informs them. "Y'all aren't Scorpion of course, but if you wanted to share any details I might've missed from the battle, I'd appreciate it."

Theme Song

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:17 am 

Tameaki sighs.

"I got caught up organizing the evacuation," he says as he fills his cup again. "An appropriate task for a magistrate, I suppose, but not terribly interesting."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:18 am 

Masahiko bowed quietly to the magistrate, but chose to let him float along on his airs with no verbal interruption.

Owns: Kyuzo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:20 am 

Aya chuckles.

"Not exciting, no, but our allies are lucky to have someone such as yourself in this moment of crisis. Just think if you were back home checking travelling papers. I think such dedication to the people is worth at least a round of drinks, right y'all?" she encourages.

Theme Song

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:24 am 

Much like the Crane, Maiya gives a bow and doesn't otherwise interject or involve herself. She'd met Tameaki in the baths. While he had rightly defended Aya's reputation he wasn't the sort of person the Kaiu wanted to cross. She was anxious she'd already left a bad impression. Talking would likely only exacerbate that!

She therefore quietly has some sake while considering Aya's report. There was a sortie? Suicidal during a siege, surely?

The little bit about the tsuno she'd learned, and she was grateful to hear the Scorpion also using that name, she kept to herself. Never trust a Scorpion, right sensei?

When the Yogo has a go at encouraging the Crab somehow becomes a little more hunched over as she sipped her sake. For someone that went toe to toe with large and ferocious monsters it was perhaps funny to contrast her past bravery with her current behaviour.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:38 am 

"I'd heard the battles at and around the gates and in the streets went well, but the attempt to exploit an opening in the enemy's lines..."

He shakes his head.

"No one came back from that under their own power," he says. "People we could have used in the ongoing defense of the city. I wonder if the opportunity was worth the cost."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:53 am 

"Hindsight is always easy to judge. Hopefully, whoever was in charge of organizing things knew the risks and possible benefits in such an action."

Not being a general or tactician or anything herself, she had no room to judge really.

Honor: Expected | Glory: 1.0 | Infamy 0.1 | Status: 1.0
carries: wakizashi, dice & cup, heirloom jewelry, pearl & jade necklace, tiny Daikoku statue, coin purse, hand fan, silk umbrella, bottle of Golden Carp, sake cups, personal seal

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:01 am 

Aya was pondering the sudden quiet being displayed by the people she had fought with, brought on by the arrival of the magistrate. Perhaps they had broken the law in Scorpion lands? It wasn't hard to picture the Crab fighters getting into a drunken brawl in Ryoko Owari Toshi. But the Crane? Perhaps he had a scandalous love affair with a geisha, and was afraid the magistrate had evidence of it to report to his wife. Truly, it was tragic.

She stopped making up crimes for her companions for a moment to answer the question of the moment.

"Norikami would have advocated such a charge. Run out, chop off the enemy general's head, be back in time for sake and sex. Not everyone can appreciate the importance of being able to fight a protracted siege, like say our Crab friends here." she suggests.

She lifted her cup in toast.

"To the Wall, and to those who safeguard the Empire from the South." she toasted.

If a Crab was unwilling to drink to the Wall and it's defenders, something was seriously wrong with them.

Theme Song

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:37 pm 

Masahiko raised his own cup. "To the Wall and its defenders!"

Owns: Kyuzo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:28 pm 

She could hardly refuse a toast like that. Having a little sake left in her cup Maiya quickly raised it at Aya's words. The compliment to her Clan hadn't gone unnoticed either. However, she wasn't sure if that was Scorpion flattery to trick her later, or genuine.

"To the Wall and the defenders upon it! Kampai!"

The toast had made her regain a little vigor and she begins to come out of her shell as she finishes her cup.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:25 am 

"I'll drink to that," Tameaki says, raising his cup...but he falters half-way up, wincing as if his shoulder was injured.

"Ugh...that's worse than I thought it was," he growls through a grimace of pain.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:12 am 

Soshi Tameaki wrote:
"I'll drink to that," Tameaki says, raising his cup...but he falters half-way up, wincing as if his shoulder was injured.

"Ugh...that's worse than I thought it was," he growls through a grimace of pain.

Aya smiles a bit at the magistrate.

"As it is said, Sake is the King of a Thousand Medicines." she offers, making sure the cups are full before hoisting her own. "Or perhaps that's just if you drink enough you'll forget what is hurting."

Theme Song

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:50 am 

"I took an arrow in the shoulder during the evacuation - it's not serious, and by tomorrow there'll probably be no sign that anything happened," he explains. "I'll just have to be careful about enthusiastically joining in any further toasts."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:36 pm 

That didn't sound pleasant. Maiya turned to the Kakita and once more noted his height.

"Kakita-sama, any Crab ancestors? You're bigger than most Hida."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next