It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:36 am

Post subject: Re: [D10 EE] - Triage (Wide Open)
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 3:51 pm 

The giant smiled and bowed to the Asako. "Thank you for the offer, Aasko-sama, but Mari-san, here rather saw to things for me. I'll see you later, Yogo-sama." He bowed again to all involved, then made his /exit.

Owns: Kyuzo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:22 pm 

She bowed to the newcomer...and then to the departing Crane.

"Well, you've certainly put the spring back in his step Mari-san....or perhaps the sake at that establishment really is that good.

She looked curiously at the Phoenix.

"Should I assume from Asako-san's note there that he is not merely resting his voice to give a musical performance in court later?" she asked.

Theme Song

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:41 pm 

He bowed to the Scorpion, eyes not narrowing at all at sight of the Yogo Mon.

Quote:
I am Asako Ayanojo, Tensai of Air. And no, I am not.

Status 1.0 * Glory 2.0 * Honour: As Expected
Carries: Wakizashi, fan, scroll satchel, wax tablet & stylus, paper, often kites.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:56 pm 

Aya nodded.

"I'm Yogo Aya." she returned upon reading his name badge. "While Mari tended to the worst of my wounds, there is perhaps something you could do for me to help with the future defense of the city. Do you have a hard writing surface I could borrow for a few minutes?"

Theme Song

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:59 pm 

Mari stepped back respectfully, bowing when necessary. She hadn't left just yet, considering that her skills would still be needed and she had some mystical power left to afford the work that was going on. But, for the moment, she left Aya and the Asako to speak, only paying a little attention out of curiosity if they didn't need her.

(OOC: She has 3 Void slots available for Healing purposes if anyone comes to her, and Earth slots on the off chance someone gets poisoned.)

Description, Character Image

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 8:42 pm 

Ayanojo blinked at the apparent bluntness but carried on his usual affable manner.

Quote:
Just the back of this tablet.

Carries: Wakizashi, fan, scroll satchel, wax tablet & stylus, paper, often kites.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 8:52 pm 

Aya shrugged.

"So you're implying that you're not willing to go without that for a few minutes for the good of the city? Well, if that's your stance, then far be it from me to argue with it." she replied.

Theme Song

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:03 pm 

Even written messages could be taken out of context, but this Yogo appeared to be an argumentative bitch to Ayanojo. Still the Phoenix were known for their willingness to help and he wasn't about to argue it.

He carefully erased the last message and held out the board, without stylus towards her.

However someone else was very willing to argue the point as the wind picked up slightly . . . just around Aya.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:27 pm 

Aya offered a small smile.

"Arigato, this will take a few moments." she offered.

She took out her writing kit, a blank ward, and a scroll.

While a certain unfriendly kami was blowing around, Aya started drawing the fire kami to herself. With their attention, she took the brush, and made arcane markings upon the ward that only really made sense to a Yogo wardmaster. The fire kami were drawn into the ward, and rather than consuming the ward, they went quiet.

Crafting a Fire of Purity Ward, 25 v 17, pass.

The ink dried slightly more quickly with the air-head kami about, but Aya seemed to not notice it.

"Well, that's the easy one out of the way." she said, tucking the dried ward back into her pack along with the scroll.

Theme Song

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:58 pm 

Meanwhile the Asako seemed to be having a bizarre conversation of gestures with something unseen to the right of Aya. Whatever he 'said' apparently did the trick though, as the winds finally subsided back to normal.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 10:16 pm 

"Ok, now for the hard one."

Another ward and a different scroll came out. While the first ritual took but a few moments time, this over ten minutes. She called out to the earth kami, entreating them, as she wrote the arcane markings upon the new ward.

Aya had an intense look of concentration, but finally she completed the ceremony.

39 vs. 27, Pass

She lets out a small breath.

"Excellent. Didn't even puke this time." she comments to herself.

She puts away her supplies, and hands the tablet back to the Phoenix, without even having puked on it.

"Arigato, Ayanojo-san."

Theme Song

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 10:43 pm 

Oh this time there was a very distinct narrowing of the eyes. After he'd just called off the air kami from harassing her, lent her his tablet and she goes and disrespects him like that . . . ?

Huff.

Quote:
You're welcome, YOGO-SAN.

He was very much not happy.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:13 am 

Nearby a woman worked alongside heimin to stand up awnings to protect the wounded or exhausted from the rain. To see such from a samurai is perhaps not shocking, but to then see the woman wears a daisho probably is. Wearing prominent mons of the Hare Clan on her kimono, perhaps the woman is trying to send a message.

With another awning raised, Usagi Kimika takes a moment to rest. Her hair is slightly disheveled from the work, but repeated exposure to the rain has it largely pasted flat anyway. Kimika sees the giant Crane stride off, and she notices the intense writing of Phoenix and Scorpion. She isn't close enough to understand the exchange, but there seems some tension.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:30 am 

The problem with trying to yell at someone with writing or expressing sarcasm was it simply lacked the same punch that a voice did. Aya apparently was simply writing off the writing as the Asako simply wasn't a good enough calligrapher to control their font size. Pity really. But she wasn't in love with her voice enough to just talk at the man, and wasn't particularly interested in a game of letters. She'd gotten what she wanted.

Instead she simply bowed to him one more time, not deeply enough to be apologetic, but not shalllow enough to be an outright insult and moved away from him. He probably had people to fix up anyways.

She still had some time before she was expected to be at the inn due to the constraints of how the world worked, so she chose to hang out for awhile. Decidedly not helping, she was somewhat curious if the sortie was going to come back.

She did notice the arrival of the Hare, but she was working and Aya had no interest in helping out. So while the others worked, Aya watched.

Theme Song

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:20 pm 

Usagi Kimika wrote:
Nearby a woman worked alongside heimin to stand up awnings to protect the wounded or exhausted from the rain. To see such from a samurai is perhaps not shocking, but to then see the woman wears a daisho probably is. Wearing prominent mons of the Hare Clan on her kimono, perhaps the woman is trying to send a message.

With another awning raised, Usagi Kimika takes a moment to rest. Her hair is slightly disheveled from the work, but repeated exposure to the rain has it largely pasted flat anyway. Kimika sees the giant Crane stride off, and she notices the intense writing of Phoenix and Scorpion. She isn't close enough to understand the exchange, but there seems some tension.

As the exchange died down, Mari bowed towards the departing Yogo until she had been on her way and then breathed a sigh of relief, nodding once to the Asako and then looking towards the Hare. "I will check on that one,-sama," she said, not wanting him overtaxed after all of that. The Yogo was an... intense person clearly.

Stepping towards Kimika, she bowed low. "Samurai-sama. This one is Mari. Do you require anything in the midst of your duties?"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:56 am 

Kimika favors the ronin with a tired smile. "Mari-san is most kind to attend. This one, Usagi Kimika, has taken no labors that the kami should be troubled about. It..." She gently touches the grip of her katana but quickly draws her hand away. "It is not my time, yet, though one can hope it will be soon." Kimika's eyes glance off to the South and West, before returning to the ronin. She smiles again, but gives a hint of distraction.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:22 am 

"There is no need to rush to death. We will all have our chance to risk our lives soon enough," she said mildly and smiled over at the Usagi, shaking her head. She looked on with the others, taking a moment to take stock, to rest. There had been few of those. "Are you on duty guarding the healing tents then?"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:15 am 

Kimika scowls a little. "I am awaiting word from my clan champion, Usagi Yukana-dono, of her position on the contest for the throne. It is--" her mind flashes to Seppun Kato, and things she's heard about him. She shakes her head as her frustration gets the better of her.

"It is very complicated. As an envoy of Usagi Yukana-dono, I must be most careful of who I raise blade or bow against. My sensei have prepared me well for the time of battle, but I am... not at ease... when I should be striding into battle and instead am--" she waves at the awnings she's helped assemble.

Kimika catches herself, looking at the ground and taking a steadying squeeze of her sword hilt. Without looking up, she says, "My apologies, Mari-san. My burdens are small in this dark time and I should not trouble those needed to assist others." With a quiet but somewhat ragged breath, she centers and returns her eyes to the ronin.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:21 pm 

"I believe the matter of who we raise our blades against has, at the very least, been removed from our list of choices. The spirits of Toshigoku seem quite pleased to lift them against us, and I imagine you would defend those around you and yourself in a fight quite well," she said with a mild grin. "But as for support... you needn't worry too much who to lend your words to. For the moment, it seems that court is not in session, after all. I think the time of words is past at least for the moment."

It would return soon enough.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:36 pm 

Kimika gives the ronin a long look. "Of course, Mari-san. The immediate situation bears no discussion. Perhaps we should speak of other things? What will you do when this matter has been resolved?"