It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 5:30 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 387 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 20  Next
 Post subject: Re: Courtroom Debates [Day 1, Early Afternoon]
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:13 pm 

Asako Kashiwagi wrote:
He allowed a moment of silence and then said after a sip, "You may inquire."

"This morning when we arrived at the city, I was tending to the wounded and saw something I thought I should learn more of. A woman, hooded and masked, presumably of the Scorpion clan, drew not only all the attention from other Scorpion, but also from you."

She lifts the cup and allows herself a moment to smell it again before taking another drink.

"I am only a few years out from my Gempukku and still learning those of other clans who are in roles of importance. Would you care to share who she is to garner such attention from one such as yourself?"

Mogami's Equipment: Battle: Light Armor, Yumi, Quiver w Flesh Cutter Arrows, Daisho
Court: Decent quality kimono and courtiers fan

Budoka's Tsuruga and Fuwa's Eqiupment:
Battle: Ashigaru Armor | Han-Kyu, Quiver w Willow Leaf Arrows | Yari
Court: Kimono

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:16 pm 

Ikoma Homura wrote:
"Ah, a perfect time. The Sun is still rising, and the warmth of two warriors engaging in a heated spar. I would be delighted to" Homura nodded "I don't know if the intent is to begin a guard rota including the Lion not previously assigned here, but as long as that doesn't come to pass and this court isn't still arguing by then..." she shrugged "you are more likely to be in the know on that regard, ne?"

Tani's shoulder shrugged as well. "It will be hard to know before an announcement is made. I am sure that Shimizu-sama and Kitsu-sama have been discussing such matters." Still, any hint of flirtation is lost.

Glorious Death in battle is never untimely.

Equipment: Daisho, Kimono (functional or exceptional, depending on situation), Finger of Jade (hanging on a necklace around her neck), heavy armor (when appropriate), Fan, Bisento (when appropriate)

Description

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:17 pm 

“She is a dear ally of your clan, Shosuro Uruwashii, daimyo of the Shosoruo family,” he said pleasantly.

“Should I assume you are familiar with the Shosuro family?”

Status: 4.0 | Glory: 10.0 | Infamy: .4 | Honor: Untrustworthy
Carried: Wakizashi, Black Fancy Clothing, Chop, Writ of the Asako Inquisitors, Maho Warding Amulet, Jade Amulet, Trash Queen (Tabby Cat)

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:20 pm 

Mogami nods.

"Indeed, though I only knew of the name and not the image. It is good that she is here, along with Kitsu-sama we will have excellent guidance in what is to follow."

She takes one last sip.

"You are a veteran of the campaign against the Naga. Do you have any insight as to what we should be preparing the city here for? I have a few ideas myself..."

Mogami's Equipment: Battle: Light Armor, Yumi, Quiver w Flesh Cutter Arrows, Daisho

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:22 pm 

Nagiko wrote:
'' Oh, i'm sorry to heard that. Forgive me for bringing bad memories to you, Kayou-san.'' She bowed, again.

'' Indeed it is a tragedy, but the Spirit Realms act in strange ways as i said before. Though i'm nobody when it comes to knowing why things happen.'' She commented.

'' Patience, i suppose, is the best way forward in order to truly know what's happening during these times.'' The Mantis adds. She then observes Kayou for a while. '' I was wondering, as a woman of wisdom and a follower of the Tao, maybe you have some notion of how best to move forward, Kayou-san?'' She asked.

She nods. "The Tao, as ever, is our guide:
'There is no greater transgression
than condoning people’s selfish desires,
no greater disaster than being discontent,
and no greater retribution than for greed.
'"

"The thing that calls itself Hantei XVI is a stain upon the Celestial Order and a violation of the Tao of things. Only when he is cast down can harmony return to the Empire."

While such words could be spoken full of righteous anger, but Kayou speaks them only with sorrow recognizing the cost such actions will bring.

Carries: Prayer Beads, satchel with writing supplies.

Description
Art by Joanne Kwan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:23 pm 

“We should prepare for war, a specialty of the Lion,” he said warmly. “If they are brave enough to wage a winter campaign then it will be rather serious affair. Far too serious for such a courtly setting,” he offered.

“Trust in Shimizu-daimyo, trust in your peers, and trust in your allies and we will find a way forward.”

Carried: Wakizashi, Black Fancy Clothing, Chop, Writ of the Asako Inquisitors, Maho Warding Amulet, Jade Amulet, Trash Queen (Tabby Cat)

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:27 pm 

Mogami nods and her face turns to contemplation.

"The eastern wall should be our focus then, to attempt to bring an army around to the West would be fruitless. However, it would be foolish of us to ignore it either. Perhaps a small force there, the rest on the East. The harbor is not far to the western gate either, so there could be reinforcements brought in from the sea."

She pauses, her mind in overdrive.

"With the frost still deep in the earth, it will make forward fortifications difficult. Perhaps instead we could use the snow to our advantage and dig battlements to provide the forward line..."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:28 pm 

"It is not my place to speak of such things, but I am sure Shimizu-daimyo would welcome such insight," he offered.

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:30 pm 

Agasha Poemu wrote:
"Is Agasha-sama an avid fan of the theatre?"

Poemu's smile took on a softly sheepish look. "I would be honored to see your next play Shosuro-san, but I fear that I have not had proper opportunity to say if I am a fan or not. Very few if any acting troupe make it up to Agasha lands, let alone to lands of my family, and my time training in Miya lands had few opportunities for plays. The Lion only had a few arranged for their winter court, and well... as you say, things were interrupted."[/quote]

Sara hid a frown behind a fan. "Oh, not even with the Miya, Agasha-sama?" She let out a low tsk. "Well, clearly we will need to remedy that. Do not worry, I will do my utmost so that your life will be fuller now." She lowered her fan to show a smile. "Perhaps if Agasha-sama is free come next season, she can visit me for at least a few plays?"

She grabbed a sweet and placed it in her mouth, savoring it.

"If not theatre, what excites Agasha-sama currently?"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:32 pm 

Matsu Tani wrote:
Tani's shoulder shrugged as well. "It will be hard to know before an announcement is made. I am sure that Shimizu-sama and Kitsu-sama have been discussing such matters." Still, any hint of flirtation is lost.

"I have full confidence that they will have arrangements made very quickly" Homura nodded "it will be very different to what I expected to be doing about now though. One cannot plan for sudden betrayal though..."

A whole party ruined. I'd kill that spirit myself if I could...

"Ah, but I'm sure they will ask your council on the matter also? Although I suspect the question would be what would your mother do."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:34 pm 

"More likely my Father," she shrugged, frowning. "My Mother never held the title of Daimyo, after all. And that... is a question with many layers I think."

Tani's expression darkened considerably before she returned to her neutral expression.

[1 VP spent - lost love]

Glorious Death in battle is never untimely.

Equipment: Daisho, Kimono (functional or exceptional, depending on situation), Finger of Jade (hanging on a necklace around her neck), heavy armor (when appropriate), Fan, Bisento (when appropriate)

Description

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:35 pm 

Ryuuta Kin wrote:
"I would say that in the past he had been judged by those that could be considered closest to peers. And the emperor did not tell the people of the empire to stand down, allow himself to be killed, and follow the returned Hantei. In the absence of such an order, then I would say assuming the path of inheritance in a more traditional sense would be most appropriate, which does not include him at all. And any person not in line to be emperor that murders an emperor should likely be considered a traitor and murderer. I would actually consider it more complex and less worthy of judgement had the killer been someone in the legitimate line to the throne than someone who had already passed the throne on to their heir."

Kin shrugged at that. "Though I don't get to make the decision, all I get to do is try to inform the process with what little influence I have."

"I am on the same page as you Ryuuta-sama," Iko agreed, using the formal address in such a public situation.

"I mean, we don't even know where he came from, right? How did he get back here to Ningen-do, I mean he was dead, and now he's not? I didn't think Tengoku let go of it's residents quite so easily as that. But either way, if he wanted his place back at the head of the Empire, I hardly think this is the way to do it."

Carries: Daisho, Yumi (where appropriate)
Description

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:36 pm 

Asako Kashiwagi wrote:
"It is not my place to speak of such things, but I am sure Shimizu-daimyo would welcome such insight," he offered.

Mogami nods.

"Indeed, though I imagine he already has much on his plate to take the time out of his busy schedule to see me. Are you the ranking Phoenix delegate here? Or is there someone else I should inform my clan of coordinating defenses with? The Lion will most assuredly be able to handle whatever is thrown at us, but it is always good to keep allies informed."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:37 pm 

"I am the ranking member," he said after another sip.

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:41 pm 

Moto Baatar wrote:
"You're right, Togashi-san!" Baatar exclaimed, impressed by Tsukimi's wisdom. "We... we should put a stop to this! Why, the only sensible thing to do would be to form a counterattack immediately, to stop the Steel Flower guy before he is able to gather any further supporters."

Unfortunately, the Unicorn's enthusiasm is not matched by his political acumen, and his words are lost in the general shouting of the other courtiers.

His words probably did not have the weight he wished they had, but she couldn't deny that the heart was in the right place at least.

They would likely need that in the coming days as much as the skilled talkers.

"It would seem most agree with that, Moto-san," she noted. "I admit I'm not very familiar with the Unicorn yet... but it's my understanding that the Moto are a family of tough warriors? The coming days might see a need for warriors."

“At times, the voice of peace must ring like Thunder.”

Has: Sacred Daisho, Light Armor (battle), necklace of prayer beads (jade), figurine of Jizo, parchment and charcoal, white cowl. Lion tattoo on left arm, Dragon tattoo on left thigh.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:42 pm 

Shosuro Sara wrote:
Sara hid a frown behind a fan. "Oh, not even with the Miya, Agasha-sama?" She let out a low tsk. "Well, clearly we will need to remedy that. Do not worry, I will do my utmost so that your life will be fuller now." She lowered her fan to show a smile. "Perhaps if Agasha-sama is free come next season, she can visit me for at least a few plays?"

She grabbed a sweet and placed it in her mouth, savoring it.

"If not theater, what excites Agasha-sama currently?"

"That will all depend where Shosuro-san performs. I am not certain where my duty will take me next season after all, but I will of course do my utmost."

At the question of past-times, Poemu looked thoughtful a moment before smiling faintly. "Well, YOU are Shosuro-san, to be quite honest. If you mean in a more open fashion however... I enjoy being out in nature, when I can. Walks in gardens are much more pleasant in the spring and summer, but even warmer winter walks are nice. Much of my free time at court was spent out riding my horse and joining in hunts hosted by our... hosts."

She paused. "Just as I am more than the court, Shosuro-san must be more than the stage as well, hai?"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:43 pm 

Asako Kashiwagi wrote:
"I am the ranking member," he said after another sip.
She nods again in understanding.

"The Kitsu Daimyo is ours, and we have two Magistrates stationed inside the city as well, one Matsu Kogyuki-sama and one Ikoma Sugimoto-sama. Additionally, we have one of the First Matsu nikutai, Matsu Tani-sama. You have already mentioned Shimizu-sama. I cannot say who will keep communication between us, but I am sure our paths will meet again."

She motions for a servant and sets the tea cup into their hands.

"Is there anything I can do to make your stay here more comfortable?"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:43 pm 

Kayou wrote:
She nods. "The Tao, as ever, is our guide:
'There is no greater transgression
than condoning people’s selfish desires,
no greater disaster than being discontent,
and no greater retribution than for greed.
'"

"The thing that calls itself Hantei XVI is a stain upon the Celestial Order and a violation of the Tao of things. Only when he is cast down can harmony return to the Empire."

Nagiko listens to the wisdom coming from the nun. Though she doesn't really fully grasp the deepness of the knowledge coming from the Tao.

'' Why is that? I mean, i have no knowledge about the Tao, or rather my knowledge of it is basic at most, Kayou-san. Why is that spirit a stain to the Celestial Order? Hantei XXII-Heika recognized him as Hantei XVI-heika, right?'' She was being sincere, she didn't fully understand.

'' While i get the crime part, blasphemous some surely would say, are we really to judge what the Hantei do between each other? I don't know if that is the correct phrasing but shouldn't this be considered an internal conflict between two Hantei?'' She asked.

'' Didn't Hantei Yugozohime and Hantei Soujiro had a similar issue?''

Carries: Daisho, Extravagant Clothes, Light-Armor (when appropiate), Fan, Mantis' silk and spices
Profile|Theme 2!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:45 pm 

Togashi Iko wrote:
"I am on the same page as you Ryuuta-sama," Iko agreed, using the formal address in such a public situation.

"I mean, we don't even know where he came from, right? How did he get back here to Ningen-do, I mean he was dead, and now he's not? I didn't think Tengoku let go of it's residents quite so easily as that. But either way, if he wanted his place back at the head of the Empire, I hardly think this is the way to do it."

"As you say," he replies. "If he wanted it, and wanted a legitimate claim to it, he likely would have discussed it amicably with the Emperor and they may have arranged for abdication or making him the primary heir. These do not look like actions sanctioned by any right thinking or honorable representative of the heavens. Even a shi duel between them would have been more appropriate, to show the Heavens favor if they could not come to an accord. Which leads me to assume that this is not the will of Heaven, but instead the sin of desire rearing it's ugly head in someone that should be above that as a former Son of Heaven. And that people see rightness in him becoming emperor causes me great concern."

Kin sips from his cup and spares a glance to Iko's charge. He had seen her at court but had not yet the opportunity to interact before the horror show.

Equipment: Daisho, light armor, naga scimitar, personal seal, notebook, parchment & charcoal, ink brush kit

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:45 pm 

"The Lion have been welcome hosts, there is nothing that e have need of in the moment, if there is we shall alert the Lion promptly," he said kindly.

"You are kind to ask, though."

TN 0 to be Recognized.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 387 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 20  Next