It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 3:42 pm

Post subject: Re: Dragon On The Roof (Day 9, Late Evening) [PonyHouse]
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:47 am 

Akemi brought up her fan and bopped the air in front of Baatar, hoping that the action would be enough to startle him. She didn't touch him at all however, her reflexes being extremely good.

"If you say it now you won't get another blessing of it again Baatar-san" she said firmly, like a teacher scolding a student "hai, when you go to battle, say that phrase and the kami of air sealed within that bubble will be released, protecting you."

She looked to Tsukimi, bowing.

"Forgive me Togashi-san. I have been a poor host, perhaps I can offer tea in apology?"

On person: Pretty kimono, Scroll Satchel, Wakizashi, Fan, calligraphy set & Paper, Tea set (sometimes), Light armour, Han-kyu and arrows(sometimes)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:49 am 

"Oh." She blinked a few times. "If... it's no trouble, of course, I wouldn't mind tea..."

She looked up to the sky, where the rain was now falling normally again after the winds had subsided.

"That was amazing to watch, Moto-sama... it must be very taxing to call upon so much power, surely?"

“At times, the voice of peace must ring like Thunder.”

Has: Sacred Daisho, Light Armor (battle), necklace of prayer beads (jade), figurine of Jizo, parchment and charcoal, white cowl. Lion tattoo on left arm, Dragon tattoo on left thigh.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:57 am 

Moto Akemi wrote:
"If you say it now you won't get another blessing of it again Baatar-san" she said firmly, like a teacher scolding a student "hai, when you go to battle, say that phrase and the kami of air sealed within that bubble will be released, protecting you."

"Oh! Right," Baatar said, blinking and looking chagrined. "I'll save it for when it's really needed. Thanks, Akemi-san!"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:03 am 

"If it protects you Baatar-san, then I will have done my duty" Akemi smiled before picking up her umbrella.

"I would be delighted to provide tea Togashi-san. It just so happens I still have a small stock of Silver Needle if you would enjoy a taste of home?" She lead them towards the Unicorn embassy "as for the spells, they require a lot of focus. I have been able to commune with the air since I was four years old, and the Air kami hold me as fondly as I hold them. We sing and dance together. I don't feel too drained, I likely could call upon them again if needed."

There was a pause.

"Ah, speaking of needles, please watch out for Spike-Spike-kun. When I open the door to my end of the room he might come running out, but I'll collect him if he's a troublemaker."

On person: Pretty kimono, Scroll Satchel, Wakizashi, Fan, calligraphy set & Paper, Tea set (sometimes), Light armour, Han-kyu and arrows(sometimes)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:09 am 

"Silver Needle sounds nice. I think it is been quite a while since I last had something like that."

Tsukimi pondered it for a moment, before deciding to take the step, and be more proactive in her approeaches. "... Is it something you think you could do for me as well, Moto-sama? If it's not too much of an imposition that is. I understand your interest must probably lie with protecting your fellow Unicorn first."

Has: Sacred Daisho, Light Armor (battle), necklace of prayer beads (jade), figurine of Jizo, parchment and charcoal, white cowl. Lion tattoo on left arm, Dragon tattoo on left thigh.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:18 am 

There was a curious look.

"Togashi-san intends to fight also?"

Akemi looked thoughtful for a moment, before nodding with a smile.

"Hai. That I can do. For any that stand together to face this enemy, I would offer my assistance. One moment Togashi-san."

She closed her umbrella, placing it down against the Unicorn embassy wall, before taking a few steps away and drawing the previous scrolls again. This time the water kami seemed to jump at her words, likely as she was far more soaked than before. Much like before, the water pouring from the sky seemed to hover around her in bubbles.

The scroll was put away, and the second scroll was withdrawn. She began to chant, and the air kami rushed to the little Moto in a ferocious tornado that was even stronger than before. Circling around the girl, her hair blustering around in the winds as Akemi raised her hand, a bubble balanced on it. The tornado slowly began to shrink, until the bubble was perfectly balanced on her hand containing the vortex, which dropped onto her hand and seemed to sink into her skin.

The final scroll was taken out, and with a spin the bubbles around her seemed to float away, with the final one - the vortex filled one - floating from Akemi to Tsukimi.

Akemi dropped down to one knee, slightly breathless, before speaking.

"Hai...it is done...when you need it most, repeat the same words I spoke to Baatar-san; 'For Rokugan'. The air kami will be released, and protect you."

She looked up.

"A-ano...could you pass me my umbrella?" she motioned over to the stables, where the umbrella had been blown to by the strong winds.

(ooc: Striking the Storm with 3 raises stored within Tsukimi. Activated as a Free Action by the words 'For Rokugan'. Effect:
Your Armor TN is increased by +20 against both melee and ranged attacks. The force of the winds surrounding you prevents you from hearing others if they speak to you, however.
Duration: 6 rounds
Note - please put the above stored spell info in your PF and state where it came from (link to this post)
Rolls here
One air slot locked while this spell is stored within Tsukimi)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:50 am 

"Yes, I intend to fight to protect the people. Those who will be swept up in this difficult time, but hopefully not swept away," she answered truthfully.

Besides, she was a samurai wearing swords, was she not? Clearly she intended to fight.

Glad that Akemi decided to indulge her request, Tsukimi watched the ritual once more with even greater interest, taking note of the careful moves and words. It was always a mystical marvel to see the work of a shugenja in action. And as the magic passed into her, she breathed in sharply as she could felt the harmony of the elements singing for a brief moment.

"... Thank you, Moto-sama. Ah, of course," she smiled happily and moved easily over to retrieve the young lady's umbrella. "And thank you, for showing me such a sight once more."

Umbrella opened up, Tsukimi held it out to shelter the priestess.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:01 am 

"Thank you" Akemi said after a moment, standing up and accepting the umbrella. Not that it would do much, as the small Moto girl was soaked through now "I hope the kami will be able to protect you when you need it the most. When you call upon the kami, don't be alarmed that you lose your hearing while they protect you, the winds created in that vortex are very powerful."

She took a few more moments to catch her breath before speaking again.

"The air kami were extra energetic then, it seems they heard your words and were inspired Togashi-san. Let's get inside, ne? Some warm tea will make things better right now I think."

She lead them into the Unicorn embassy, a much smaller embassy than the other clans which would be shown by the common room, which would be unlikely to hold more than five people comfortably. Akemi had one of the servants get towels for Tsukimi and Baatar, before saying "I'll be back a moment, let me fetch my tea set and the Silver Needle tea" and then going to fetch her set.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:24 pm 

"Thank you very much, Moto-sama," she smiled at the words. "I'm glad to know the kami found me to their liking."

It seemed all the training to achieve an inner elemental balance was paying off.

"Please forgive the intrusion," Tsukimi murmured politely as they stepped inside to dry off. Even if she had dressed for the weather, she felt pretty soaked... a common feeling these days.

The short hair was even more noticeable now half-dried and not partially covered by the white cowl she wore. As was the disfiguring marking of her skin from her left cheek, down the jawline, and continuing down her neck. In plain view now it almost seemed to have a firelike pattern to it.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:46 pm 

"Lemme finish up with Horse and I'll be right in, too," Baatar said, returning to grooming the Unicorn steed. "Horse needs a hundred brush strokes on each side before bed, or he gets cranky. Err, crankier."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:48 pm 

"Is he normally cranky?" Tsukimi asked with a curious smile.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:55 pm 

Akemi chuckled.

"Don't be too long Baatar-san."

She returned to her room while the two conversed, taking the chance to dry herself off and change from that soaked kimono into something drier and a little more comfortable.

She moved her tea set into the common room, then sent for some hot water as she collected one last thing.

"Ah, I hope mina-sama will be ok with Spike-Spike-kun? If I don't let him run around a little he'll be cranky."

In her arms was the strangest looking animal. She put the creature down, who immediately started sniffing around.

Akemi returned to her tea set, starting to set up.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:48 pm 

"Fascinating," the Dragon said almost breathlessly in surprise at the strange little creature, hunching down slightly to place her own eyes on eyelevel with this Spike-Spike-kun.

"How did you come by such a curious little critter, Moto-sama?"

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:53 am 

Spike-Spike-kun seemed to shuffle towards the strange human at eye-level with him, sniffing around.

"He was gifted to me at Ryoko Owari. They're called Echidna, and those spikes really hurt so don't pet him if he goes into a ball. I've had to replace clothes that he's rolled up in, but he's a really funny pet to watch. I've had him for a few years now, so I think he's finally used to me" Akemi smiled at her pet as she prepared the tea "I can't imagine going anywhere without him now."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:35 am 

Moto Baatar wandered inside a bit later, tracking in mud from the stables ... then realizing it, he turned back to the entrance where he removed his footwear properly. On his way back, he was careful to avoid his own muddy tracks.

"All done," he said brightly. "Horse should be settled for the night now."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:13 am 

"Ekiduna? Never heard of it before... must be from some very distant place," she was obviously fascinated by the strange little animal.

Very carefully, Tsukimi extended a calloused hand to offer to Spike-Spike. Similarly to the way one might do for a cat or a dog to let them get your scent.

"Oh. Your steed's name is Horse?" she remarked with an amused smile as Baatar joined them.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:12 am 

"Well, yes," Baatar replied, as he found a seat near the others. "It would be confusing if he were named Dog, don't you think?" He grinned mischievously.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:24 pm 

"I don't actually know where they're from" Akemi commented with a frown "I've not found any information on them at all. There was a zoo with lots of exotic animals, I think someone from the zoo gifted it as a thank you for helping them collect escaped animals."

The Echidna shuffled closer, sniffing the offered hand. It didn't seem to be curling into a ball yet, but from up close the spines looked like they would be painful.

"Ah, welcome back Baatar-san" she smiled at the Unicorn boy "I was just explaining about Spike-Spike-kun to Togashi-san."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:07 pm 

"How is Spike-Spike doing?" Baatar asked curiously. "Does he like the rainy weather? I don't know much about hedgehogs. I mean... echidna. I don't know much about those either."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:48 am 

"Ah yes," she chuckled, "Dog would be a strange name for a Horse." From what she had heard of Unicorn, they seemed to gift their steeds with spectacular names, but she assumed there was some wisdom in calling a spade a spade. Or in this case, horse.

"But you must've seen other strange animals outside of the Empire, no, Moto-sama?" she asked curiously, before very carefully touching Spike-Spike with the tips of her fingers.