It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 1:33 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 183 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Cold and Miserable [D1, Early Morning]
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:23 pm 

Shosuro Uruwashii wrote:
"A pleasure, Bayushi-san." Uruwashii affords him with a slight bow and a faint smile. "I am merely waiting for an opportune time to enter the city. There are injured, though, so I am content to wait for the time being."

She regards him for a moment, looking him up and down. "You were not at Morikage Toshi, were you?"

"Ah, no, I was not," Sukekage answers. "I was...seeing to some matters across the border, in Naishou province, when word reached me of...of what happened. I made my way here as quickly as I could to help see to any refugees."

"It is not in my nature to be a villain, and one must remain true to one's nature."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:24 pm 

Bayushi Sukekage wrote:
"Bayushi Sukekage at your service, Shosuro-sama," says the Scorpion as he all but abandons Norikami and Aya to see to the VIP. He stops at a respectable distance (as determined by Uruwashii's servants) and bows. "How may I be of assistance?"

At least he's got his priorities straight, even if he is a suck up.
Norikami had a special opinion about nikutai and their middle management ways...Sukekage seemed like the type.

Though he wasn't going to ignore the Shosuro Daimyo, that's juat stupid. He waited until they could be seen more easily and bowed respectfully from a distance, nudging Aya to make sure she followed suit. Then he winked at Uruwashii, far enough away for plausible deniability, and went to go find a guard to make sure they took the Shosuro Daimyo in now, instead of later.

When Allowed: Armor, No-Dachi, Yumi/Arrows

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:26 pm 

Her eyes once again drawn to a small commotion, Mogami looks over and observes the Scorpion gathering around the masked woman and her servants.

"Now, who could that be that it drew all of the Scorpion to her I wonder."

Her gaze fell back to her work for a moment and then once she was satisfied, she began slowly working her way, her two budoka in toe, toward the gathering, keeping herself busy with checking over the wounded near the gathering, but lifting her eyes occasionally to watch.

---
Lore Heraldry: Impossible.

Mogami's Equipment: Battle: Light Armor, Yumi, Quiver w Flesh Cutter Arrows, Daisho
Court: Decent quality kimono and courtiers fan

Budoka's Tsuruga and Fuwa's Eqiupment:
Battle: Ashigaru Armor | Han-Kyu, Quiver w Willow Leaf Arrows | Yari
Court: Kimono

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:30 pm 

Shosuro Uruwashii wrote:
Uruwashii nods toward the new arrival, turning so as to keep both men in the conversation. "Welcome, Asako-san. You are the inquisitor with the jade spear, correct?" Her eyebrows raise slightly behind her mask, as if questioning just where the spear might be.

“Honored, Shosuro-sama, the Naga relic has been gifted to the Piranha as a gesture of goodwill by the Phoenix, but yes for a time I did carry the weapon. I apologize for my brusque approach, it isn’t every day you are graced by the kuge of the Scorpion,” he said kindly.

“Myself and the Phoenix are poised to assist you and yours as we all adjust to these unique circumstances.”

Status: 4.0 | Glory: 10.0 | Infamy: .4 | Honor: Untrustworthy
Carried: Wakizashi, Black Fancy Clothing, Chop, Writ of the Asako Inquisitors, Maho Warding Amulet, Jade Amulet, Trash Queen (Tabby Cat)

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:32 pm 

Ikoma Homura wrote:

She turned to Taka.

"You remain here, we'll arrange for someone to come find you" Homura bowed to the man then turned to Koushi.

"Shall we go back then?"

Koushi smiled. "I think that would be best. That Isawa outside looked as though she had a medical bag. Let us find her and see what can be done."

Carries: Daisho, Fan, Medical Bag.
Wears: Sturdy, functional clothing, Snowshoes (outdoors), light armor (where appropriate
)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:37 pm 

Doji Koushi wrote:
Koushi smiled. "I think that would be best. That Isawa outside looked as though she had a medical bag. Let us find her and see what can be done."

Phoenix better remember this isn't theirs anymore.

Homura let the Crane lead on as they returned to the chaos of the gates. Despite the chaos surrounding them, Homura seemed to still have a bit of a spring in her step.

"So, a medic assigned to court? Seems the Fortunes were hinting at something, ne? Was it your first time as The Winter Court?"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:43 pm 

Ikoma Homura wrote:

Phoenix better remember this isn't theirs anymore.

Homura let the Crane lead on as they returned to the chaos of the gates. Despite the chaos surrounding them, Homura seemed to still have a bit of a spring in her step.

"So, a medic assigned to court? Seems the Fortunes were hinting at something, ne? Was it your first time as The Winter Court?"

"It was...though the practice of assigning a physician of record to the delegation has been a tradition for several generations, since the Kyuden Bayushi court of 681. My superior was supposed to be there, but fate intervened."

He winced at his overly-solemn phrasing.

"And you? I suppose you are a practiced courtier, well-used to the halls of power?"

Wears: Sturdy, functional clothing, Snowshoes (outdoors), light armor (where appropriate
)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:44 pm 

Bayushi Sukekage wrote:
"Ah, no, I was not," Sukekage answers. "I was...seeing to some matters across the border, in Naishou province, when word reached me of...of what happened. I made my way here as quickly as I could to help see to any refugees."

Uruwashii nodded in approval. "Excellent. To work in the winter must make it important work indeed, but I shall ask no more questions of you regarding such matters and trust that your lord understands how best to utilize such a loyal member of the Clan."

She allows her words to linger for a moment before turning back to Kashiwagi.

Asako Kashiwagi wrote:
“Honored, Shosuro-sama, the Naga relic has been gifted to the Piranha as a gesture of goodwill by the Phoenix, but yes for a time I did carry the weapon. I apologize for my brusque approach, it isn’t every day you are graced by the kuge of the Scorpion,” he said kindly.

“Myself and the Phoenix are poised to assist you and yours as we all adjust to these unique circumstances.”

"Apology accepted," she says, inclining her head slightly. "Are you the leader of the Phoenix delegation here in Toshi no Omoidoso? If so, we should speak about recent events sooner than later."

Matsu Mogami wrote:
Her gaze fell back to her work for a moment and then once she was satisfied, she began slowly working her way, her two budoka in toe, toward the gathering, keeping herself busy with checking over the wounded near the gathering, but lifting her eyes occasionally to watch.

Uruwashii casts a glance toward the Lion woman but allows her to perform her duty without having to stop and go through the rigamarole of speaking with a daimyo.

NPC by GM Mindshred

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:45 pm 

By now Kin had become involved in the far more organized areas of the aid effort. Either by his own guidance or under someone else's is anyone's guess, but he seemed dead set on providing assistance, frustrating a low level Lion bushi that was tasked with following him around and trying to convince him to go to the offered quarters.

Nobody would be able to say the Lion weren't being accommodating, but Kin was definitely not making it easy.

Equipment: Daisho, light armor, naga scimitar, personal seal, notebook, parchment & charcoal, ink brush kit

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:49 pm 

“You have the right of it, if you have time this evening then we could continue this discussion then, Shosuro-sama,” he offered politely.

“As it seems your attentions are demanded by many.”

Carried: Wakizashi, Black Fancy Clothing, Chop, Writ of the Asako Inquisitors, Maho Warding Amulet, Jade Amulet, Trash Queen (Tabby Cat)

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:56 pm 

Asako Kashiwagi wrote:
“You have the right of it, if you have time this evening then we could continue this discussion then, Shosuro-sama,” he offered politely.

“As it seems your attentions are demanded by many.”

"Perhaps tomorrow, Asako-san?" She motions to Norikami. "My duties require me to ensure that me fellow Scorpion are properly accommodated and treated for any wounds they may have suffered during the withdrawal."

NPC by GM Mindshred

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:01 pm 

"As you say, Shosuro-sama, if your people need medical aid then feel free to call upon Isawa Miwako, she is one of our best," he said with a nod.

"Tomorrow evening it is then."

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:04 pm 

Doji Koushi wrote:
"It was...though the practice of assigning a physician of record to the delegation has been a tradition for several generations, since the Kyuden Bayushi court of 681. My superior was supposed to be there, but fate intervened."

He winced at his overly-solemn phrasing.

"And you? I suppose you are a practiced courtier, well-used to the halls of power?"

"Interesting, so the Crane arrange for a physician to join their Winter court delegations? I suppose it is quite a biting season if one is not prepared for the cold" Homura looked thoughtful but amused "I don't think the Lion have ever considered such a thing. Perhaps it's been unneeded, who knows? As for myself, I'm not quite old enough to be well-used to anything Doji-san" Homura chuckled "however I do indeed walk the halls of course, either as a courtier or the sword of the courtier should unfortunate misunderstandings happen" she gazed down at her katana then back at Koushi "you know how it is. Pretty flowers and their thorns."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:05 pm 

Kasuga Seitouna wrote:
Seitouna returns the bow. "I have a warm place, cousin, or at least one out of the wind, if you'd care to come along." And he gestures towards a place.

"Mostly, it was just to find out what's happened. But I think, if you were there, that I should put myself at your disposal."

"A warm spot would be delightful, Kasuga-san - this one has heard enough wind for quite a while," Asakuro noted, accepting his cousin Tortoise's offer to step to the side, clutching his traveling cloak with a gloved hand as he walked to ensure it kept him warm still. He looked around for a brief moment before adding anything further, though he kept his voice on the lower end as he spoke.

"It is good of you to document accounts of what has occurred, Kasuga-san, for many will - no, should - hear of these accounts in the days ahead let alone the months and years from this moment. As was already said, we are refugees from the Winter Court of Morikage Toshi where the Dear Emperor in attendance was killed by none other than the Dear Ancestor, the Steel Chrysanthemum, in the very courtroom where all the prominent figures invited to the court were in attendance and thus bore witness to the most unfortunate events. I was in the back of the courtroom and it was hard to hear with all of the commotion and murmuring and the various guards moving into action, but it sounded as if the Dear Emperor refused to abdicate at knifepoint. This one will... spare some details for you can imagine, Kasuga-san, what happened next." He shook his head a couple of times before continuing, lowering his voice a bit.

"Some among the guardsmen supported the Dear Ancestor, as it turned out, and soon chaos overtook the courtroom. It was then that the Army of Spirits came into the castle, and from there those of us that could made our exit from the castle and made the journey westward here. This one was toward the front of the group and could not see well behind, but as we journeyed we heard steel clash against steel as if we were all being pursued. Though I could not see them, many, I am told, went to the rearguard to slow down the pursuit. This one is... uncertain as to the number and names here versus those left behind, but that should likely be accounted for throughout the day," he finished with a glance back up the road as more refugees continued to stream toward the city gates.

"By all means, Kasuga-san, if there is something in particular you wish this one to note in his account, I am all yours - but perhaps in a different time and place when this one has had a moment to settle in from the journey and see if any of our other cousins have also arrived."

Carries: Fan, personal seal, wakizashi, chopsticks, water bottle, kiseru, small knife, sake cup
Sometimes featuring now: Mamoru the Frazzled Peafowl!
Language Colors: MerenaeThrane
Profile!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:09 pm 

Kasuga Asakuro wrote:
"A warm spot would be delightful, Kasuga-san - this one has heard enough wind for quite a while," Asakuro noted, accepting his cousin Tortoise's offer to step to the side, clutching his traveling cloak with a gloved hand as he walked to ensure it kept him warm still. He looked around for a brief moment before adding anything further, though he kept his voice on the lower end as he spoke.

"It is good of you to document accounts of what has occurred, Kasuga-san, for many will - no, should - hear of these accounts in the days ahead let alone the months and years from this moment. As was already said, we are refugees from the Winter Court of Morikage Toshi where the Dear Emperor in attendance was killed by none other than the Dear Ancestor, the Steel Chrysanthemum, in the very courtroom where all the prominent figures invited to the court were in attendance and thus bore witness to the most unfortunate events. I was in the back of the courtroom and it was hard to hear with all of the commotion and murmuring and the various guards moving into action, but it sounded as if the Dear Emperor refused to abdicate at knifepoint. This one will... spare some details for you can imagine, Kasuga-san, what happened next." He shook his head a couple of times before continuing, lowering his voice a bit.

"Some among the guardsmen supported the Dear Ancestor, as it turned out, and soon chaos overtook the courtroom. It was then that the Army of Spirits came into the castle, and from there those of us that could made our exit from the castle and made the journey westward here. This one was toward the front of the group and could not see well behind, but as we journeyed we heard steel clash against steel as if we were all being pursued. Though I could not see them, many, I am told, went to the rearguard to slow down the pursuit. This one is... uncertain as to the number and names here versus those left behind, but that should likely be accounted for throughout the day," he finished with a glance back up the road as more refugees continued to stream toward the city gates.

"By all means, Kasuga-san, if there is something in particular you wish this one to note in his account, I am all yours - but perhaps in a different time and place when this one has had a moment to settle in from the journey and see if any of our other cousins have also arrived."

Seitouna's face blanches at the confirmation of the peasant's report.

"I shall certainly be spending time getting details down, of course. Are you injured, though? And is there anyone in particular you need me to find?"

Because this is going to be a bad time for a great many of us, he thinks, and knowing where people are is going to be a decidedly valuable thing.

"I have a room near the courts, if you'd like it, as well."

Thinking * Speaking Merenae * Speaking Thrane
Generally wears decent kimono & sandals, jitte, wakizashi
Wears extravagant kimono & sandals and wakizashi at court
Almost always has paper and something to write with
Public Profile

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:13 pm 

Ikoma Homura wrote:
"Interesting, so the Crane arrange for a physician to join their Winter court delegations? I suppose it is quite a biting season if one is not prepared for the cold" Homura looked thoughtful but amused "I don't think the Lion have ever considered such a thing. Perhaps it's been unneeded, who knows? As for myself, I'm not quite old enough to be well-used to anything Doji-san" Homura chuckled "however I do indeed walk the halls of course, either as a courtier or the sword of the courtier should unfortunate misunderstandings happen" she gazed down at her katana then back at Koushi "you know how it is. Pretty flowers and their thorns."

"Hai, indeed." His own sword went un-glanced-at, but the Doji mon on the breast of his armor had the stripe of the Kakita Academy next to it, so perhaps it was un-needed.

A few short steps later and they arrived at the aid station, Koushi bowed and raised his medical kit in greeting. "This one is Doji Koushi, Isawa-sama, a physician. May I be of service?"

)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:17 pm 

"Of course." Miwako offered quick bows. "I am Isawa Miwako. Simply here to assist, myself."

The number in need of treatment had grown. She had carefully sorted through them to prioritize those most in need.

Phoenix Clan ° Shugenja ° Diminished Water Tensai ° Togashi Trained ° Tattooed ° Healer ° Light Sleeper ° Dream Hunter ° Lunatic ° Married ° Mother ° Bee Queen ° Sake Overseer ° Rainmaker ° Experienced
Status 1.0 | Glory 3.0 | Honor: What's Expected

Carries/wears: Scroll satchel, tanto, wakizashi, jade, cricket

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:22 pm 

Kasuga Seitouna wrote:
Seitouna's face blanches at the confirmation of the peasant's report.

"I shall certainly be spending time getting details down, of course. Are you injured, though? And is there anyone in particular you need me to find?"

Because this is going to be a bad time for a great many of us, he thinks, and knowing where people are is going to be a decidedly valuable thing.

"I have a room near the courts, if you'd like it, as well."

"This one made it without a scratch or without a bite of the frost, blessedly enough. Do keep an eye out if you should come across Kasuga Sotai-san: she was on the other side of the courtroom from this one and once everyone began to make their departures this one has not seen sight of her since, though I have no doubt her ability to fend off the cold and find her way here," he noted somewhat dryly. I know you can take care of yourself, but Sotai damnit, you better have made it out of there.

"If it is possible, this one will request a room that is near to yours, Kasuga-san: there will be much work for those that carry the Shell in the days ahead. But in all other cases, this one is well-enough for now. Unless there is something you need of this one in the immediate, however, this one would like to get his bearings of the city... and perhaps find a good tea or sake house to camp in for the rest of the morning."

Carries: Fan, personal seal, wakizashi, chopsticks, water bottle, kiseru, small knife, sake cup
Sometimes featuring now: Mamoru the Frazzled Peafowl!
Language Colors: MerenaeThrane
Profile!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:25 pm 

Isawa Miwako wrote:
"Of course." Miwako offered quick bows. "I am Isawa Miwako. Simply here to assist, myself."

The number in need of treatment had grown. She had carefully sorted through them to prioritize those most in need.

Koushi smiled and set to work, motioning for Homura to follow his lead. It was by no means pleasant to handle the injured, whose dignity had to be preserved in spite of their circumstances, but the sting of being administered to by a Crane or a Phoenix might just be mitigated by the chipper Ikoma's presence.

"I am very glad that you are here, Ikoma-san," Koushi offered in a quiet moment.

)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:27 pm 

Asako Kashiwagi wrote:
"As you say, Shosuro-sama, if your people need medical aid then feel free to call upon Isawa Miwako, she is one of our best," he said with a nod.

"Tomorrow evening it is then."

Uruwashii nods in agreement, just as a contingent of Lion bushi approach her. "Shosuro-sama, we have been instructed to escort you to the castle."

Uruwashii regards them for a moment, then smiles faintly. "Thank you. Please lead the way."

With the Lion bushi parting the crowd for her, Uruwashii and her servants make their way into the city.

/exit

NPC by GM Mindshred

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 183 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next