It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:08 pm

Post subject: Re: [D9 LA] Laying to Rest
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:02 pm 

Yuko returned Akemi's bow, "You as well, Doj-, ahh Akemi-sama."

As she listened to the Kakita's recitation, Ketsuyoku mused.

Personally I don't see the problem with any of this...though it's generally better to kill others than oneself...

Yuko blocked the sword out. As much as she could at least.

"Oh no...that is unfortunate," she said softly, looking up.

"A Shosuro I met told me that a Lion magistrate had taken the blade in atonement for the Lion? I believe he expressed it as, 'to resolve the matter.' Is there a way forward from this? I am certain plans to rescue Doji-dono would be easier with Lion assistance, after all."

Carries: Kakita blade (Ketsuyoku), wakizashi, tanto, aiguchi, shards of a biwa, kimono

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:21 pm 

Masahiko smiles. "In spite of high-level coolness, I have always found the bushi of the Lion clan to be easy to work with."

Too easy for my taste.

The giant's cheeks colored slightly.

"At least the ones from here in Nikesake. I cannot vouch for the new arrivals. In any case, I expect the expectation is to work together more closely, at least for the duration of the siege."

Owns: Kyuzo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:31 pm 

"Kakita-san's summary of events is a good one." She looked towards the area where the two bodies had been placed. "Doji Koushi and I arrived from Toshi no Omoidoso and immediately met with Kakita Airi. We gave our report of events at that City, which was successfully defended from the vanguard of the spirit forces. Waves of refugees had arrived and there were rumours that our Champion led a group of Crab in holding off the spirit forces, allowing the refugees to escape."

A brief look of concern crossed her face. "We were attacked shortly afterward and were rever able to establish the truth. I wondered if Doji Suiminko-sama might have further news?" She turned to face the Imperial advisor.

"Oh she's very pretty. For a Daidoji." - Random Doji courtier.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:57 pm 

Suiminko listens to the others speak, her expression passive. "The matter is not resolved," she finally says with a shake of her head. "The Lion magistrate may have taken responsibility for suggesting the order, but it was governor who enacted it. That she did not make the three cuts herself tells us all we need to know about their intentions."

A faint frown tugs at her lips. "I do not know where our Champion is, nor his condition, but if he survives, I will give him my recommendation. And my recommendation will be retaliation against the Lion for the disrespect they have shown us and the lives that they have taken."

She motions to the city around them. "Can any of you say that the Lion are behaving rationally? That they are acting in the best interests of the Empire?" Suiminko shakes her head. "They have been an unsheathed blade with now handle, harming themselves as much as others. We have seen that polite discourse and appeals to reason have failed. They cut each other down in their own dojo, snap their teeth at us for merely having guests speak in our embassy, and then cut us down when we do not bow to their unjust whims."

The little courtier sighs. "My friends, we must prepare for war."

Come gather ’round people, wherever you roam
And admit that the waters around you have grown
And accept it that soon you’ll be drenched to the bone.

If your time to you is worth saving
Then you better start swimming or you’ll sink like a stone
For the times they are a-changing...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:08 pm 

Akemi, now more an outsider, looked down at the ground.

"War...does it need to be this way? I've served in war, I would not wish it on my fellow samurai. However, how the Lion are acting worries me, if it is as bad as mina-sama say."

She took a moment before looking up again.

"I..I know I'm not a part of the Crane anymore, but...I can speak with the Unicorn to see what they can do to assist the Crane in these times, if mina-sama wishes."

On person: Pretty kimono, Scroll Satchel, Wakizashi, Fan, calligraphy set & Paper, Tea set (sometimes), Light armour, Han-kyu and arrows(sometimes)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:09 pm 

A pit formed in Masahiko's stomach. What the...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:12 pm 

Suiminko looks at Akemi and nods. "Thank you, Moto-san. I know that the Unicorn are stretched thin, but if you can convince your Clan to support the Crane, it will do much to help us end this madness and bring the Lion back onto a proper path."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:18 pm 

"What...what sort of war are we considering, here?" Masahiko asked quietly. "Only, it seems we have another war on our doorstep."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:21 pm 

:roll: Yuko shifted slightly, uncomfortable at the proposition and the growing sense of satisfaction that she felt emanating from her saya.

"Doji-sama speaks of war in the future, as opposed to now when we are united in "the defense of the city against an external aggressor?" Yuko asked.

Carries: Kakita blade (Ketsuyoku), wakizashi, tanto, aiguchi, shards of a biwa, kimono

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:31 pm 

Doji Suiminko wrote:
Suiminko looks at Akemi and nods. "Thank you, Moto-san. I know that the Unicorn are stretched thin, but if you can convince your Clan to support the Crane, it will do much to help us end this madness and bring the Lion back onto a proper path."

"I will speak to them. I'm unsure if there are many high ranking Unicorn in the city, but I will inform my kin and once this situation is over I'll return to inform my superiors" Akemi nodded "there should be some though here?"

She looked at the others.

"I don't think Doji-sama is referring to now mina-sama. Now, we need to work together, against what is threatening us. Although...I am a little confused at the current situation politically here."

On person: Pretty kimono, Scroll Satchel, Wakizashi, Fan, calligraphy set & Paper, Tea set (sometimes), Light armour, Han-kyu and arrows(sometimes)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:36 pm 

Masahiko smiled at the Unicorn. The kind of smile they really only teach at Kosaten Shiro.

"I would hesitate to..." He paused, rethinking his statement. "You have been most accommodating, Moto-san, and a dear friend to us, but we are asking for clarification from our superior. So that we can carry out her wishes. You understand."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:01 pm 

"I have no intention of launching an attack on the palace," she clarifies. "Nor do I intent to start a war in our Champion's place. But as I said, we must prepare, and that means gathering allies to our cause."

She inclines her head toward Akemi. "The Unicorn are a good start. The Scorpion will either throw their lot in with the Lion or fracture their alliance, depending upon the fallout of today's announcement. Either way, it is best that we do not involve them directly." She ponders for a few moments. "The Phoenix have no love for the Lion, nor do the Crab. That is where we should begin forming alliances. Confirm nothing, speak only in possibilities and mutual friendship. Test the waters and see where they stand."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:04 pm 

Relief washed over Masahiko. Right, just create a conspiracy. Be friendly. I can work with that. And if we can find Doji-ue, it need never happen.

"Understood, Doji-sama."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:16 pm 

Monkhbaatar continues to listen and refill cups as necessary, though he finally chimes in. "The Empress is a former Lion, no? And how it's been explained to me, the Emerald Legion is composed of a great many Lion samurai. I'm no politician, but could this lead to tensions with the Imperial families as well?"

He is trying to learn from the situation as much as he is voicing his concern. He doesn't really have the mind for offering any solutions or ideas.

Equipment: Daisho, armor, dai-kyu, sake cup, bottle of water, knife, Meushi

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:20 pm 

Kakita Masahiko wrote:
Masahiko smiled at the Unicorn. The kind of smile they really only teach at Kosaten Shiro.

"I would hesitate to..." He paused, rethinking his statement. "You have been most accommodating, Moto-san, and a dear friend to us, but we are asking for clarification from our superior. So that we can carry out her wishes. You understand."

"Hai...forgive me Kakita-sama. My marriage to the Unicorn was quite recent and I..." she fell into silence, letting the Crane talk. Only nodding when Suiminko motioned to her.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:32 pm 

Masahiko was touched. It must be weird, marrying out. And he could understand zeal, and a sincere desire to help.

"Think nothing of it, Moto-sama." He bowed his head in respect. "I am sure we would all feel the same way."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:31 am 

Well, she was the highest ranked Crane here so surely she knew what she was doing. Right? Anyway, a Daidoji was always ready to go to war, and was there ever a good time for one? Perhaps she would have had more misgivings a few days ago.

"Hai, Doji-sama. And thank you Moto-san." She considered the situation for a few moments. "I have not spoken to the Crab delegation, but I was due to be married to one of the Hiruma. Perhaps they are open to a discussion of alliances?"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:42 am 

Suiminko nods. "Try to start with a Yasuki, if possible. Mention that improved relations between out Clans could surely hell with their ongoing military expenses."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:58 am 

Tetsuko nodded. "I have noticed two Yasuki in court, I shall see if either of them are agreeable to a meeting. Has anyone else spoken with the Crab yet?" She looked around the group. It was good to be focused on something more concrete.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:04 am 

"No, Daidoji-sama, but I had a productive discussion with some of the Asako this morning at the library. I can continue in that direction."