It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 1:48 pm

Post subject: [Day 9, Late Evening]Cover Me With Color
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:33 pm 

Mogami clears the space needed to begin having Mai work on her again. She leaves the door open, with both Fuwa and Tsuruga standing outside to greet the Togashi.

This time, Mogami thought ahead and had some tea ready before the woman arrived, shold she wish something warm to help combat the cold of the rain.

Mogami's Equipment: Battle: Light Armor, Yumi, Quiver w Flesh Cutter Arrows, Daisho
Court: Decent quality kimono and courtiers fan

Budoka's Tsuruga and Fuwa's Eqiupment:
Battle: Ashigaru Armor | Han-Kyu, Quiver w Willow Leaf Arrows | Yari
Court: Kimono

Post subject: Re: [Day 9, Late Evening]Cover Me With Color
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:45 am 

Arriving from inside the castle, Mai was prepared with all of her tools and kit. Having found a method in which she might clean her tools without damaging them. Acquiring some few cloths from whom might allow her some.

Addressing Fuwa and Tsuruga she gave each a quick bow and then awaited her entry.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:49 am 

"Good evening, Togashi-san! Please, come in!"

She motions to the tea on the table

"I thought you may like something warm to counter the weather."

Mogami's Equipment: Battle: Light Armor, Yumi, Quiver w Flesh Cutter Arrows, Daisho

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:17 am 

"Thank you, Matsu Mogami-sama," she said with a bow, "and good evening." For a moment she glanced to the tea, furrowed her brow, and then relented. Passing on the thought altogether.

"If it would please Matsu Mogami-sama," she inclined her head.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:21 am 

Mogami makes a confused expression.

"Do you not enjoy tea, Togashi-san? I can send for something else...I want you to be comfortable after all."

Mogami sits in the cleared spot she laid in yesterday.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:17 am 

"It is nothing so much as that, Matsu Mogami-sama," she says with a short shake of the head. She continues, "My apologies. It is discourteous of me to have allowed you to see such unguarded expression. I would not mean to cast aside your hospitality and would gladly accept this tea. Yet, I would not wish to partake alone else I would find myself making improper use of the hospitality you have thus shown me."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:32 am 

"I would happily indulge with you before we begin.You had meant to speak with me this morning, and I would like to hear your thoughts."

Mogami fills both cups and raises hers to her nose to smell its fragrance before taking a sip.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:38 am 

"In truth, Matsu Mogami-sama," she said, taking a cup to hand but it was held awkwardly. Like there was a weight to it she was not wholly familiar with, steadying it quickly she found the balance and the oddity ceased.

"I spoke such words as to get you away from the crowd. As I no doubt could tell from how you reacted after my honored cousin had spoken to you, I yet understand in this way what she must have likely said. In that mind is the mind of which I sought you, and thought to offer you a quick and understandable way out of the situation itself. As we have grown in a sort of partnership in this way I thought it may yet be what I could do to aid you so that it is not your name on the lips of the many denizens of this city on the morrow. That you might yet get yourself a chance proper among those at a gathering of the court to speak your truth without being discounted prematurely as your words have already been spoken and heard."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:47 am 

"I can speak in courts all day long, Togashi-san, and have been since the Steel Chrysanthemum killed his own blood. The courts are an echo chamber though, up until today. Everyone has been denouncing him. I felt that the message the Miya brought this morning was grave enough to address immediately. It felt...very wrong, and improper to me. I know it was not that man's choice to make the proclamation, but the words he spoke for Seppun Kato were gravely insulting and an affront to all of the Empire."

Mogami took another sip of the tea, and then set the cup down.

"We cannot have our allegiances divided in half, let alone a third. The more who speak up for anyone other than the Empress, the more we fall into chaos. Especially when they speak up in such a dishonorable manner."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:58 am 

Mai nodded, as Mogami spoke, and raised the cup to her lips. Taking in the fragrance before taking a sip, as Mogami had done prior, and settled with the flavor that it added.

"Hai," she said, setting the cup down for the moment, "yet what would it have accomplished by shouting so on the main road amid the rain? May, there is a time and place for all discussions and while the court is one there are many others. Yet, out in those conditions is not one. Would not shouting in the street against such a proclamation, as it has already been said, only further divide the people in their hearts?"

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:03 am 

"Perhaps, but perhaps it also would give those who may be uncertain the motivation they needed to stand up for what is right. Honor demanded I at least say what I did, Togashi-san. To imply that the Empress, a former Matsu, would be unfaithful and dishonorable enough to fake her child being the Emperors is a grave insult and implication. It cannot be allowed to go said and unchecked. Sometime it takes only one voice to stand up for what is right."

She finishes er tea and then goes back to the cleared spot and gets herself ready for their tattoo session.

"I ask you, if you saw someone beating a heimen for no apparent reason, would you just stand by and watch it happen, or would you attempt to intercede?"

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:12 am 

"May, Matsu Mogami-sama, I would say that those two situations are of unequal value," she said, seeing as Mogami finished hers Mai was quick to catch up and do the same.

"None should, or would, allow such mistreatment stand and yet there is a way in which that which should be handled be handled that it is handled correctly. Else-wise you merely add fuel to the fire that would consume your home," she said.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:15 am 

"Yet if you hesitate to do things the proper way, it may cost the peasant their life unjustly. I felt similar today when the proclamation was made. It did not leave any room for hesitation."

She sighs

"But still, I thank you for your intercession. If I had said much more, I may ave gone into an area that was improper. So, thank you."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:53 pm 

Mai bit her lip and bowed her head, "Hai, it was my pleasure to offer what aid I may. Matsu Mogami-sama."

Following Mogami's lead Mai gathers herself and moves over to the allotted space. Setting out the tools of her trade, checking her inks once and thrice.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:10 pm 

“Was there more you wished to discuss on the matter? I am very happy to hear your thoughts.”

Mogami gets comfortable and let’s out a contented breath.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:55 pm 

"On this matter in particular," she shook her head, "no, I believe I have said all that I might yet need to say. May, if you were to think of asking on my stance on such matters, I might yet only supply you with a simple yet complicated answer. That I am yet thinking on that which may yet transpire but my focus yet remains on the wonder of what trials come ahead."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:00 am 

“I cannot blame you for wanting to see what happens and how all will react. You have a logical mind, Togashi-san, though if you think for too long, time will pass you by”

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:03 am 

"May, it is true and something that is oft acknowledged, yet I am not one for the bigger picture. Not that I do not see it, but that my role in it is one destined for limitation. May, my skills are such that I have a passion of which brings me closer to extraordinary individuals and through them I might yet offer history the service of my council when it is needed but it will never be such a position that I take at the front of any great movement or act," she said.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:58 am 

“But, perhaps your counsel one night to someone will be the last thing they require to act on something. The role of the philosopher is often just as important as that of the general.”

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:26 am 

"Yet it is not the philosophers name that makes it to the history books, of which I am ever content. I am no great philosopher either, just a woman with the time to think and an art to practice who yearns to know more of the greater Empire," she paused, taps her cheek in thought.

"May, if it is that you think I am ever critical or negative of myself that you speak so Matsu Mogami-sama, you need not worry. For it is a humble and simple nature to which I aspire."