It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:19 pm

Post subject: [D9 LA] Laying to Rest
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:46 pm 

Monkhbaatar awaits the arrival of Akemi, standing by the gate and running a hand through Meushi's rain-soaked mane.

Equipment: Daisho, armor, dai-kyu, sake cup, bottle of water, knife, Meushi

Post subject: Re: [D9 LA] Laying to Rest
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:05 pm 

Akemi had returned to the Unicorn 'embassy' after the strange court to clean up as well as put on her nicer kimono - plus feed her beloved pet. She also added some white to her appearance in respect to fallen kin - even if she was ex Crane now.

The weather still wasn't holding up, but thankfully her umbrella was!

The first thing that Monkhbaatar would see would be that clearly Crane-blue umbrella with purple flowers on it.

As she drew close, she bowed deeply.

"Hello again" she smiled softly "I hope you have not been waiting long?"

On person: Pretty kimono, Scroll Satchel, Wakizashi, Fan, calligraphy set & Paper, Tea set (sometimes), Light armour, Han-kyu and arrows(sometimes)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:12 pm 

"Not too long, no," he says with a bow of greeting. He guides Meushi and Akemi to the entrance of the embassy where he gives his mare an command to stay under a small covered area outside the entrance.

"I'll show you to where they are resting for now," he says, before sending a servant to find out if Suiminko was available to meet an Asahina trained Unicorn that was willing to perform final rites for the fallen Crane samurai.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:52 pm 

The resident Iron Crane joined them with a thoughtful expression. She bowed to them both. "Welcome Unicorn-san. This one is Daidoji Tetsuko. Would you care for some tea?"

"Oh she's very pretty. For a Daidoji." - Random Doji courtier.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:56 pm 

Akemi bowed to the approaching Daidoji.

"Good afternoon Daidoji-sama. I am Moto Akemi, formerly Doij Akemi. I hope you are well? Tea would be lovely, thank you. Something warm after being in this cold rain would be wonderful" she gave the woman a soft smile.

On person: Pretty kimono, Scroll Satchel, Wakizashi, Fan, calligraphy set & Paper, Tea set (sometimes), Light armour, Han-kyu and arrows(sometimes)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:15 pm 

The servant returns with Suiminko, who has changed into a white kimono out of respect for the departed. "Everyone," she says, inclining her head toward them. "I wish that we were gathering under less sorrowful conditions."

Come gather ’round people, wherever you roam
And admit that the waters around you have grown
And accept it that soon you’ll be drenched to the bone.

If your time to you is worth saving
Then you better start swimming or you’ll sink like a stone
For the times they are a-changing...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:48 pm 

"As well as can be expected, thank you Moto-san." She smiled and was about to leave to find the tea when Doji Suiminko appeared. Tetsuko offered a deep bow.

"Doji-sama. Indeed, but it is an honour to meet you nonetheless. We are fortunate to be led by you at this troubling time."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:07 pm 

Following in Suiminko's wake, though nearly half again her size, came the embassy's resident giant. His mourning kimono was a little tight across the chest, and didn't quite reach his ankles, but he had made the effort. If he could not help but overshadow her arrival, he at least does not talk over the greetings she is rightly due.

He merely bows formally from his position near to the wall.

Owns: Kyuzo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:16 pm 

Akemi bowed deeply as the others did to the small Crane, assuming she must be someone important...or perhaps the adviser herself?

"Good afternoon Doji-sama. I...I'm sorry for the loss of kin. At a time like this of all times."

She paused.

"Ah, my apology, I am Moto Akemi, formerly Doji Akemi. Doji Monk-ah-baatar-san asked me to be here as I am trained by the Asahina. I am willing to assist where I can."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:33 pm 

Monkhbaatar bowed appropriately to each as they arrived and introduced themselves. He had already introduced himself to all but the big bushi, but he assumed that the man caught his name from context, since he had been standing with Akemi.

He looks to Tetsuko and Suiminko. "I'll go arrange for tea to be brought."

He was certainly not the one to be leading discussions and as far as he knew Tetsuko was far more familiar with Koushi and Airi. He had very little to offer as far as input goes. So he did what he could to be helpful, going to find servants to fetch the necessary tea equipment.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:34 am 

Yuko arrived after she was situated, dressed in a white kimono that she feared she might be seeing far too much of in the coming days.

As she entered, she bowed to the assembled.

"A pleasure to meet all of you, though the circumstances make it less so," she said, "I would pay my respects to those who served the Crane though I knew them not."

She caught sight of Akemi - she seemed familiar.

Carries: Kakita blade (Ketsuyoku), wakizashi, tanto, aiguchi, shards of a biwa, kimono

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:39 am 

Masahiko returned her greeting and bow. Now that Suiminko had been properly greeted, he could step out of the shadow of his unfortunate timing and introduce himself.

"Kakita Masahiko, Asahina-sama. May I say welcome to the Embassy. Those that passed were Doji Koushi and Kakita Airi. Doji-sama I did not know well, but Kakita Airi died trusting in the wisdom and sense of others. She was attentive to the needs of the embassy, and a fair servant of Lord Doji."

The giant bowed his head. "She will be missed."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:59 am 

"Arigato, Kakita-san. May we all serve in our time here..." she said, trailing off slightly as she thought of Etsuo, out there in the wilderness.

Carries: Kakita blade (Ketsuyoku), wakizashi, tanto, aiguchi, shards of a biwa, kimono

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:37 am 

Masahiko nodded solemnly. "I imagine we'll all have to."

He might be brilliant, but Kakita Masahiko had almost no tact.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:50 am 

Eventually, Monkhbaatar returns with servants bearing tea. He moves to the table that they place it on. Before sitting he bows to those that had arrived after he had left and introduces himself. "I am Doji Monkhbaatar. An honor to meet you all."

He then begins the task of pouring tea for everyone, one by one, starting with Suiminko and ending with himself.

He simply remains present to listen to the conversation and to refill cups as necessary.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:59 am 

"Pleased to meet you, Doji-sama." The giant bowed in return. "Thank you for your thoughtfulness," he said as he accepted the tea.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:05 am 

"Daidoji Tetsuko, it is an honour to meet you." She bowed to the newcomers as appropriate.

"I knew Doji Koushi-sama for little more than a week, but he was a kind and honourable man. He had been serving in our Clan's delegation to Winter Court. We fought alongside each other yesterday morning."

(OOC: Sorry, thought I had replied to this.)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:08 am 

Yuko remained silent, not yet knowing what had transpired.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:21 pm 

"It's good to see you again Asahina Yuko-san" Akemi said as Yuko arrived, bowing to her "I remember you from the Shinonmen Campaign. I hope you are well?"

She went silent as the other spoke, having never met either of the two that died.

"There was fighting yesterday? I did not think the army had arrived yet from what I saw."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:41 pm 

Masahiko's expression darkened. "Hai. The ambassador and acting ambassador did not die naturally, Moto-sama. It is a complicated and rather dispiriting story, but...suffice it to say that the Lion endeavored to teach us a lesson about working together by forbidding us to work together, and our leader did not recognize it for what it was. The ensuing altercation ended in her death, but esteemed members of our delegation did not interpret her actions in the same way that the man who killed her did. This led to further trouble. She was avenged, but the requirements of a set of now-competing promises Doji Koushi had made over time put him into an untenable position, and he briefly took up the position of ambassador to resolve the first issue, but believed himself forced to resign it and commit kanshi in short order."

He frowned, glancing at Tetsuko and Monkhbaatar. "At least, that is what I understood from the story and his speech. Others were likely more aware of circumstances than I was."