It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:23 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 183 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Cold and Miserable [D1, Early Morning]
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:46 pm 

Kitsu Izumi wrote:

Izumi slowly shakes her head. "We have made it to Toshi no Omoidoso in one piece, Matsu-san. There are others who require more assistance than myself. Please see that they receive it."

She shifts her grip on the wrapped item in her hands.

Ren paused for a moment. She wouldn't deny it was difficult to see the woman responsible for the destruction of her home and the death of her brother right in front of her... But she was past this... Or so she had felt.

Eventually her duties brought her out of her head and she approached with a bow, "Kitsu-dono, I hate to impose... but I would humbly suggest that perhaps the governor would like to hear a report of the events as they have occurred over the past few days from someone of your station at the earliest convenience... We can help direct you and your attendants if need be."

Last edited by Akodo Ren on Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:47 pm 

"Ah, sorry!" says Sukekage. "Temporarily overwhelmed by...by all this. I am Bayushi Sukekage."

"It is not in my nature to be a villain, and one must remain true to one's nature."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:50 pm 

Kashiwagi watched the exchange with Ren and Izumi with keen if detached interest.

It was very seemly ease dropping almost honorable like.

Status: 4.0 | Glory: 10.0 | Infamy: .4 | Honor: Untrustworthy
Carried: Wakizashi, Black Fancy Clothing, Chop, Writ of the Asako Inquisitors, Maho Warding Amulet, Jade Amulet, Trash Queen (Tabby Cat)

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:51 pm 

Akodo Ren wrote:
Eventually her duties brought her out of her head and she approached with a bow, "Kitsu-dono, I hate to impose... but I would humbly suggest that perhaps the governor would like to hear a report of the events as they have occurred over the past few days from someone of your station at the earliest convenience... We can help direct you and your attendants if need be."

The Kitsu daimyo stared at Ren for a moment. "I know you. You were once an Asako."

Her lips form a thin line as she watches Ren for a long moment. "Yes, it would be best to speak with the local governor as soon as possible. Please lead the way."

NPC by Mindshred

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:52 pm 

Bayushi Sukekage wrote:
"Ah, sorry!" says Sukekage. "Temporarily overwhelmed by...by all this. I am Bayushi Sukekage."

Aya might have already decided on 'Stutterstep-san', but she nodded at the name.

Aya chuckles a bit at that.

"Ah, I suppose that's understandable Suke-san. Hell of a way to kick off your dedication to exercising more this year. Keep this up and you'll be fit for Dragon Winter Court net year." she offered willfully misunderstanding. "Just make sure you stretch in the morning. There's going to be far too many ill old courtiers to look after in the near future if you over-exert yourself."

Theme Song

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:53 pm 

It is with some guilt that Erina branches off from the others at the city gates, but Ore and Kamu were....well, there were sayings about "happy as a wet cat". That didn't seem enough to cover Ore and Kamu, whose fur clung to their body, soaked by the weather along the long march. It took a while to find a place to stable them.

"Stay. Rest." Erina eyes the other animals. "And no eating until i say so."

It was a mark of their exhaustion that they chose to curl up next to each other for warmth rather than let our any protesting growls.

With the cats situated, Erina jogs back to the group, saluting at Tani. "I apologize for my lateness Legionaire Matsu. What needs be done?"

Two Warcats: Ore and Kamu

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:55 pm 

She nodded and bowed deeply, "I'm honored by the recognition of this humble servant."

She waited for a moment as the Daimyo stood and said, "If you would please follow me."

She made her way through the crowds in the direction of where the governor should be in this crisis...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:57 pm 

Yogo Aya wrote:
There's going to be far too many ill old courtiers to look after in the near future if you over-exert yourself."

"I'm not that old...am I?" says Sukekage uncertainly. "Oh, it doesn't matter - let's get you two settled. As you can see, things are a little...difficult around here at the moment, so we need to get you squared away before all the half-decent shelter is claimed."

"It is not in my nature to be a villain, and one must remain true to one's nature."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:57 pm 

Yogo Aya wrote:
"Ah, I suppose that's understandable Suke-san. Hell of a way to kick off your dedication to exercising more this year. Keep this up and you'll be fit for Dragon Winter Court net year." she offered willfully misunderstanding. "Just make sure you stretch in the morning. There's going to be far too many ill old courtiers to look after in the near future if you over-exert yourself."

Yep, time to see what kind of hole those two dig.

Bayushi Sukekage wrote:

He nodded with a grunt of acknowledgement and continued on toward the gate, the refugees would likely be in a long line for processing by now. Near the gates, he leaned his no-dachi against a snow capped tree and fumbled through his bag for the travel papers Aya and he had been issued.

When Allowed: Armor, No-Dachi, Yumi/Arrows

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:01 pm 

Mogami's attention from the wounded is drawn away for a moment as the Kitsu Daimyo is led away. She ponders for a minute, eyes looking between her and Akodo Ren, and then to the package the Daimyo carries. She shakes her head and then returns to tending to a few ashigaru.

Mogami's Equipment: Battle: Light Armor, Yumi, Quiver w Flesh Cutter Arrows, Daisho
Court: Decent quality kimono and courtiers fan

Budoka's Tsuruga and Fuwa's Eqiupment:
Battle: Ashigaru Armor | Han-Kyu, Quiver w Willow Leaf Arrows | Yari
Court: Kimono

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:04 pm 

Matsu Erina wrote:
With the cats situated, Erina jogs back to the group, saluting at Tani. "I apologize for my lateness Legionaire Matsu. What needs be done?"

"Worry not for apologies. There is still plenty to do. There are injured and cold here. See the safely to the Shrine to Koshin." She bowed, then helped a Dragon with a bad leg wound up, supporting him as they began to make their way in that very direction.

Glorious Death in battle is never untimely.

Equipment: Daisho, Kimono (functional or exceptional, depending on situation), Finger of Jade (hanging on a necklace around her neck), heavy armor (when appropriate), Fan, Bisento (when appropriate)

Description

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:05 pm 

Akodo Ren wrote:
She nodded and bowed deeply, "I'm honored by the recognition of this humble servant."

She waited for a moment as the Daimyo stood and said, "If you would please follow me."

She made her way through the crowds in the direction of where the governor should be in this crisis...

/exit with Akodo Ren

NPC by Mindshred

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:07 pm 

Doji Koushi wrote:
Koushi helped Taka find a seat and set him down with a grunt and a grim smile.

"I am pleased to find so many of the helping kind among the Lion clan these past few days."

Once situated, the Crane quickly and efficiently changed Taka's bandages from his own supply, produced from the pack slung over his shoulder. As the pack was removed, the blossom of a spray of blood--presumably not the Crane's own, was revealed, trailing down his side. As he worked, he turned down the corner of his mouth and replied:

"I am not entirely certain, Ikoma-san. I was conversing with members of the Lion delegation in their suite when the attack occurred, fought my way out in their company, and have not been able to locate any other members of my delegation."

While his tone remained affable, there was a certain haunted look about his eyes.

I officially decree you the most useful Crane I have ever met.

Homura looked away politely as the bandages were changed.

"So you didn't witness it. A blessing, one that I wish I could say I had also, but alas I was in the court when it happened. Not sure I'll ever unsee it. To think such a thing could happen...Ancestors walking among us, guiding us again, it should be a good thing. Now I can honestly say I don't know what to think" Homura shook her head "all we can do is ensure that those who have traveled in such a hasty fashion are safe and assisted, then see what our superiors report on the matter. One thing is for certain though, that murderer cannot be allowed to continue as they are."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:09 pm 

Another Scorpion waits near the gate, seemingly quite anxious as she tries to avoid brushing up against any of the people crowding forward in an attempt to enter the city. Dressed in a hooded traveling coat, she waits patiently for the crowd to thin out as her servants do their best to keep other people from coming too close to their mistress.

NPC by GM Mindshred

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:13 pm 

Shosuro Uruwashii wrote:
Another Scorpion waits near the gate, seemingly quite anxious as she tries to avoid brushing up against any of the people crowding forward in an attempt to enter the city. Dressed in a hooded traveling coat, she waits patiently for the crowd to thin out as her servants do their best to keep other people from coming too close to their mistress.

Now there's a familiar face...er, mask.

"Bayushi Sukekage at your service, Shosuro-sama," says the Scorpion as he all but abandons Norikami and Aya to see to the VIP. He stops at a respectable distance (as determined by Uruwashii's servants) and bows. "How may I be of assistance?"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:16 pm 

Bayushi Sukekage wrote:
Now there's a familiar face...er, mask.

"Bayushi Sukekage at your service, Shosuro-sama," says the Scorpion as he all but abandons Norikami and Aya to see to the VIP. He stops at a respectable distance (as determined by Uruwashii's servants) and bows. "How may I be of assistance?"

"A pleasure, Bayushi-san." Uruwashii affords him with a slight bow and a faint smile. "I am merely waiting for an opportune time to enter the city. There are injured, though, so I am content to wait for the time being."

She regards him for a moment, looking him up and down. "You were not at Morikage Toshi, were you?"

NPC by GM Mindshred

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:17 pm 

Another clan daimyo... this was going to get interested real fast.

He watched the other go and then made an approach towards the Shosuro daimyo, for appearances at least.

Status: 4.0 | Glory: 10.0 | Infamy: .4 | Honor: Untrustworthy
Carried: Wakizashi, Black Fancy Clothing, Chop, Writ of the Asako Inquisitors, Maho Warding Amulet, Jade Amulet, Trash Queen (Tabby Cat)

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:19 pm 

Ikoma Homura wrote:

I officially decree you the most useful Crane I have ever met.

Homura looked away politely as the bandages were changed.

"So you didn't witness it. A blessing, one that I wish I could say I had also, but alas I was in the court when it happened. Not sure I'll ever unsee it. To think such a thing could happen...Ancestors walking among us, guiding us again, it should be a good thing. Now I can honestly say I don't know what to think" Homura shook her head "all we can do is ensure that those who have traveled in such a hasty fashion are safe and assisted, then see what our superiors report on the matter. One thing is for certain though, that murderer cannot be allowed to continue as they are."

Koushi nodded. "Indeed, although I find myself wondering why I am surprised at this turn of events. Hantei XVI did not hesitate to murder his kin when he was alive. I feel as though I...well, there is little that I might have said that could have prevented this."

He finished his task, bowing deeply to Taka, and then again to Homura. "You should find that more to your liking, Ikoma-sama. I suppose that I must take your advice, Ikoma-san, and apply myself to those tasks we can accomplish." He stooped to re-shoulder his pack. "Might you know the way to your medical staff? I ought to offer my services."

Carries: Daisho, Fan, Medical Bag.
Wears: Sturdy, functional clothing, Snowshoes (outdoors), light armor (where appropriate
)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:19 pm 

Asako Kashiwagi wrote:
Another clan daimyo... this was going to get interested real fast.

He watched the other go and then made an approach towards the Shosuro daimyo, for appearances at least.

Uruwashii nods toward the new arrival, turning so as to keep both men in the conversation. "Welcome, Asako-san. You are the inquisitor with the jade spear, correct?" Her eyebrows raise slightly behind her mask, as if questioning just where the spear might be.

NPC by GM Mindshred

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:22 pm 

Doji Koushi wrote:
Koushi nodded. "Indeed, although I find myself wondering why I am surprised at this turn of events. Hantei XVI did not hesitate to murder his kin when he was alive. I feel as though I...well, there is little that I might have said that could have prevented this."

He finished his task, bowing deeply to Taka, and then again to Homura. "You should find that more to your liking, Ikoma-sama. I suppose that I must take your advice, Ikoma-san, and apply myself to those tasks we can accomplish." He stooped to re-shoulder his pack. "Might you know the way to your medical staff? I ought to offer my services."

"First time here if I'm honest Doji-sama. It's a bit out of the way, being close to the sea and all, however I suspect you'll find what you're looking for in the castle. Someone will know for sure though."

She turned to Taka.

"You remain here, we'll arrange for someone to come find you" Homura bowed to the man then turned to Koushi.

"Shall we go back then?"

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 183 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next