It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 3:34 pm

Post subject: Re: (D8, LE, Crab Embassy) Another Temporary Home
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:03 pm 

"Oh, right! I'd forgotten about that."

Unable to hide a yawn behind her sleeve in time as she gets up, Yukarin wanders over to the futon, "Might as well have you help since you brought it up and you're here and all. Though I wish you were right next door so I could help you with your stuff as well."

Honor: Expected | Glory: 1.0 | Infamy 0.1 | Status: 1.0
carries: wakizashi, dice & cup, heirloom jewelry, pearl & jade necklace, tiny Daikoku statue, coin purse, hand fan, silk umbrella, bottle of Golden Carp, sake cups, personal seal

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:55 pm 

"Sorry about that. My cousin and I are staying at a nice inn along one of the side streets rather than the main thoroughfare. The food there is very good. It was organised as part of my sister's wedding, but the Lion have offered to cover expenses while we help out." Maiya shares the information freely as she follows Yukari over to the closet to get the futon.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:59 pm 

"Ah... how good of food are we talking about?" Yukarin asks with obvious curiosity, "If the Lion are paying, maybe it would be worth it to have some meals there with you and your cousin... Not that the Crab aren't providing, but it's definitely basic fare. Wouldn't want supplies in some Lion city that could be in Crab lands, I suppose."

carries: wakizashi, dice & cup, heirloom jewelry, pearl & jade necklace, tiny Daikoku statue, coin purse, hand fan, silk umbrella, bottle of Golden Carp, sake cups, personal seal

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:13 am 

"It's a pretty fine inn. Ano, my second eldest sister trained with the Yasuki and she married an Ikoma so..." In other words they were courtiers, and courtiers had more money. "They do tempura there and they even get hold of seafood somehow. I'd definitely recommend trying it." Maiya responds with a bright smile as they laid down the futon, straightened it and prepped it.

"I'll invite you and we can eat lunch or dinner with my cousin. It'll be nice."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:16 am 

"That sounds great; I can find out more about the both of you and help with anything the two of you might need around town or with your rooms... or we can just gossip."

Her smile was soft, a little teasing, but mostly just happy and content.

"For now, I'm feeling a bit cool and tired, so I think I'll shut everything up and get under the blankets. Thank you again for stopping by."

She folded her hands in front of herself and gave a little bow.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:21 am 

"Of course. I'd like that, and I'm sure Amaya-san will too."

She nods in understanding as Yukarin brings the evening to a close.

"Please sleep well. I'll tell you about the naga tomorrow over a meal. Let's say lunch. I'll leave some directions with the Embassy staff Yasuki-sama."

Collecting her gauntlets and helmet she moves to the door, turning around to give Yukarin a bow.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:26 am 

Yukarin doesn't go to close the windows immediately, instead watching Maiya out, giving one last smiling bow even as a brief flash of lightning lights up outside the window. "I will plan to see you then, Maiya-san. You get a good night's rest as well, neh?"

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:36 am 

"Hai, Yasuki-sama!"

She waves with her fingers before beginning to walk down the hallway. Her armour made her departing all the easier to follow.

Putting her helmet back on and working on her gauntlets she made her

/ Exit

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:55 am 

Closing the window after Maiya left, Yukarin rubbed her temples. The sake after effects were definitely settling in for the night, and they still weren't keeping dirty thoughts about the Kaiu out of her head after the associations from earlier. Maybe she really had overdone things this evening...

/scene