It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 5:25 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Uncomfortable Truths (D9, Late Morning)
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:53 am 

Mindshred wrote:
The Miya looks down at the Unicorn, seemingly grateful for a change of topic. "I do not hazard to guess the intentions of my superiors. However, take heart in knowing that when I left, Seppun Kato was marshaling whatever forces he could find in order to protect Toshi Ranbo."

The young Unicorn nodded. "That's good. I hope it doesn't come to it, but if Steel Flower defeats us here... well, having an army ready at Toshi Ranbo might be a very good idea."

"I'm Moto Baatar, by the way," he added.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:57 am 

Suzume Chihaya also stepped forward.

She didn't interrupt, but she was positioned now so that any Lion attempting to accost the Miya would now have to travel directly through her, and once the Moto had finished, she might be able to speak with the man.

Profile :: Theme

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:07 am 

Moto Baatar wrote:
"I'm Moto Baatar, by the way," he added.

"Miya Yakitori," the man says, extending his hand to Baatar in the way of the Unicorn. "Well met and safe rides."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:13 am 

"Well met!" Baatar replied, clasping hands. "I know a good stable if you need one, though I'm sure someone as Important as you can stay in the castle. Though, the Lion might not be too happy with you right now."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:18 am 

"Would that I could stay." He motions toward his horse. "My fellow Miya and I are spreading the announcement as far as possible as quickly as possible. I must travel south after this, to Zumiki-mihasi and eventually the Castle of the Emerald Champion."

He notices Chihaya waiting nearby and offers her a slight bow. "Suzume-san, how can I be of service?"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:20 am 

She still didn't say anything and for once? She was almost entirely certain of the fact that this was not the time or the place. Maybe after he'd left, she could get a few words in edgewise with the others. But it would not be her place to speak up here. However this man had just managed to throw a keg of burning pitch right into the assembly, hadn't he?

Not that it was his fault. He was a Miya. Just the bloody messenger. You never shot the imperial messengers.

(PM if you approach)

Description, Character Image

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:26 am 

Mindshred wrote:
"Would that I could stay." He motions toward his horse. "My fellow Miya and I are spreading the announcement as far as possible as quickly as possible. I must travel south after this, to Zumiki-mihasi and eventually the Castle of the Emerald Champion."

The Unicorn nodded and gave a friendly wave. "Good riding to you, then, Miya-sama."

He bowed and backed away.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:31 am 

Nagiko wrote:
'' So it seems...'' Nagiko says to someone who just approached her, not noticing at first who he was and then it clicked in her head as a somewhat familiar voice...

'' Oh, Bayushi-san. I didn't recognized you, how silly of me.'' She bowed. '' Please forgive me, it has been some strange days. How have you been? I hope you have been blessed by Inari-no-kami?'' She said politely.

'' Interesting times indeed. I guess i should give my congratulations for the announcement of this marriage for your Clan's lord family.''

"Quite all right, Nagiko-san, I'm quite used to being overlooked." He coughed quietly, creating a brief silence. "As it happens, no, I seem to have neglected Inari-no-kami this particular morning."

Degarashi pondered the changes of subject for a brief moment. "It is news to many, myself included. I cannot but welcome such strong ties to the imperial families. Kami know we need such strength these days."

Typically carries: Wakizashi, parchment and charcoal, at least one medicine kit, a dark grey blanket, rope and grappling hook

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:38 am 

Myo-en's previously peaceful rooftop meditation--sheltered under a hat and straw cloak, because roof or no roof she was a Togashi, not a Ningyo--had been interrupted by a crowd gathering in the square below her. That alone was something to watch casually with a small slice of her otherwise wide-ranging awareness, but a herald's Outdoor Voice was quite another matter.

She leans forward, watching and listening to the unfolding scene from a vantage somewhat behind and to the left of the Miya messenger. She can't see much of his face from here, but she does have an angle from which to read his body language.

He hasn't read this message until now, right now. He must have come here straight from Toshi Ranbo. The further she leans forward, the more the rainwater falling on her hat trickles off at the right angle to find its way through her straw cape instead of rolling cleanly off it. She doesn't notice, though. Because it's close? Not so close as all that.

Is it because the Spider knows how many refugees from Morikage Toshi court washed up here in Nikesake? Before they have time to spin plots of their own...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:49 am 

Moto Baatar wrote:
The Unicorn nodded and gave a friendly wave. "Good riding to you, then, Miya-sama."

He bowed and backed away.

She caught sight of the Moto near the front. In truth? As deeply uncomfortable as their talk yesterday had been, she hadn't walked away with animosity towards Baatar. He was a brutish gaijin playing at being samurai in her estimation, but he wasn't the reason for her problems, and he'd been... more understanding than most.

Slipping up, she coughed to clear her throat and catch his attention when he was away from the Miya before bowing. "Moto-sama. I trust your morning finds you well? You wished this one to check up on you, yes?"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:55 am 

Doji Monkhbaatar wrote:
Looking to Tetsuko, "Should we offer him hospitality to ease the tension on the streets? With the Imperial Advisor making residence there, that would be seen as appropriate would it not?"

"That is a very good... Oh." The Miya was going to be moving on. Today. "It seems Miya-sama must be elsewhere. That was a nice thought though Doji-San." She watched Togashi Iko move over to Matsu Megumi. Hopefully her words would do the trick.

"Oh she's very pretty. For a Daidoji." - Random Doji courtier.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:09 am 

Mari wrote:
"Moto-sama. I trust your morning finds you well? You wished this one to check up on you, yes?"

"Oh--! Mari-san, good to see you," Baatar replied, breaking into a smile at seeing a familiar face. "Yes, thanks for checking on me! I'm all better now, let me show you!"

The Unicorn began to pull back the neckline of his kimono and juban to reveal the sun-darkened skin of his upper chest. A faint white scar could be seen where the most serious arrow puncture had been.

"I suppose I could've wished for a bigger scar, but this one isn't bad at all!"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:14 am 

She coughed once into her hand and tried not to look embarrassed when the overgrown oaf decided to show off that much of his chest to show the wound. Bloody Moto... For her part she was still cool in her tone, though the chill of the dead of winter was now closer to the thaw of the first spring. It wasn't improving, but it was polite. She nodded as she inspected. It did look like it was healing well.

"An advantage of the kami's healing is that the mystic arts level no scars for nicks and scrapes and very few for even the most severe of wouds. A price you pay if you tell your stories by your scars as do some of the Hida," she said, glancing to the side to avoid looking too directly at him. "But fight enough battles and you are bound to have your share, Moto-sama. Good. I am glad that you're not in need of much more. It seems that we will not be besieged at least for the next hours..." Which was fortunate.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:26 am 

Mari wrote:
"An advantage of the kami's healing is that the mystic arts level no scars for nicks and scrapes and very few for even the most severe of wouds. A price you pay if you tell your stories by your scars as do some of the Hida," she said, glancing to the side to avoid looking too directly at him. "But fight enough battles and you are bound to have your share, Moto-sama. Good. I am glad that you're not in need of much more."

"You're right, I'm sure I'll get many more scars in later battles," the young Moto said, his face visibly brightening at the thought. "The muscles don't pull or hurt at all now, though, so, the healing was well done. Thanks!"

Mari wrote:
"It seems that we will not be besieged at least for the next hours..."

"That does seem peculiar," Baatar agreed. "I would've expected the enemy to be back by now. Maybe if we're lucky, that Lion general managed to die of her wounds." He grinned savagely at the thought.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:37 am 

"With the scale of the rain, and what little I have heard of your collective exploits in harrying his forces, you may have gained ground on his troops. So he may not be immediately behind you," she hazarded, unsure if that was really the case. She was not certain when they would arrive, but only time would tell. "That rain will bog down any army of size, though... just as it soaks the street in mud."

Another nod. "Good. I'm glad not to need to do more. Hopefully you will not need quite so thorough a healing again in the near future." For more reasons than one.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:39 am 

Bayushi Degarashi wrote:
"Quite all right, Nagiko-san, I'm quite used to being overlooked." He coughed quietly, creating a brief silence. "As it happens, no, I seem to have neglected Inari-no-kami this particular morning."

Degarashi pondered the changes of subject for a brief moment. "It is news to many, myself included. I cannot but welcome such strong ties to the imperial families. Kami know we need such strength these days."

'' Indeed, these are good news and from what the unicorn-san there asked seems that forces from Toshi Ranbo are coming as well.'' Nagiko nods. '' Though some people seems to be a bit, excited about them.'' The lion seem to be not taking them very well...though i must admit that they are somewhat strange news.''

'' Interesting times indeed. But let's not talk politics now, there will be time for that...'' She said as she approached him a bit more. '' How have you been these days? I haven't known from you since Toshi no Omoidoso''

Carries: Daisho, Extravagant Clothes, Light-Armor (when appropiate), Fan, Mantis' silk and spices
Profile|Theme 2!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:12 am 

"Forces moving on Nikesake will always be a nerve wracking experience. No general ever commits their army without being ready to strike down what stands in its way. Likely many people don't know where the soldiers consider them in that regard."

Degarashi nodded, clearing his throat rather roughly. "Eto...I am currently grieving the loss of my brother, Yukinaga. Some two days prior he was struck down on a mission, and only one of my fellows survived to inform the rest of us. I spent the better part of yesterday ensuring she was okay following the experience."

Typically carries: Wakizashi, parchment and charcoal, at least one medicine kit, a dark grey blanket, rope and grappling hook

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:49 am 

Akemi was watching and listening from further back, having only arrived that day. Her blue umbrella with flowers on standing out more than she did.

Huh.

Imperial power plays always went over the little airheads head. One thing that didn't though was a much louder voice in the crowd...

Is that..?

The well-dressed girl moved in the direction where she could hear Baatar's voice coming from.

Oh it is. I didn't know he came here!

She paused as she saw Baatar talking with a Ronin, and didn't interrupt unless they invited her in

On person: Pretty kimono, Scroll Satchel, Wakizashi, Fan, calligraphy set & Paper, Tea set (sometimes), Light armour, Han-kyu and arrows(sometimes)

Last edited by Moto Akemi on Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:50 am 

Matsu Mogami wrote:
The rebuke did seem to hit home and Mogami was silent for a moment, though she continues to look to the crowd to see if any support her words.

"May, I would say that was quite the performance Matsu-sama," she elected for a less identifying form of address. Having approached from beside Iko. Glancing to her clansmen, "Would you not say, Togashi Iko-sama," she inclined her head.

"Practice, merely, for dramatic effect was it not, Matsu-sama?" she said, looking back to Mogami with a tilt. Holding a wicker umbrella she'd only raised from walking out of underneath an overhang. "May it is a performance that may yet need some refinement to be sure, but as yet my honored cousin here has said this is neither the time nor place for such a performance."

"There was something I wished to ask of you, Matsu-sama, might you assist me with that matter?" she said, glancing toward a way out of the gathered Samurai.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:38 am 

Daidoji Tetsuko wrote:
"That is a very good... Oh." The Miya was going to be moving on. Today. "It seems Miya-sama must be elsewhere. That was a nice thought though Doji-San." She watched Togashi Iko move over to Matsu Megumi. Hopefully her words would do the trick.

The Matsu seemingly having calmed down, Monkhbaatar relaxes inside a bit. "I'm not surprised that the Matsu is on edge. I just came from the temple and I met her there. She had to lay her grandmother to rest yesterday, after having returned from death."

Equipment: Daisho, armor, dai-kyu, sake cup, bottle of water, knife, Meushi

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next