It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 3:36 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: (D8, Early Evening) - Checking Out the Local Specialties
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:40 am 

"One bottle of sake and some mochi, if you please. A chilled nogorizake, really."

She turned to Mogami as the attending woman went to fetch things, "Hopefully they warm the mochi a little to better go with the nigorizake; It really creates a nice contrast that brings out the sweetness of both more."

Honor: Expected | Glory: 1.0 | Infamy 0.1 | Status: 1.0
carries: wakizashi, dice & cup, heirloom jewelry, pearl & jade necklace, tiny Daikoku statue, coin purse, hand fan, silk umbrella, bottle of Golden Carp, sake cups, personal seal

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:51 am 

"Oh? I agree then, hopefully they do. That sounds lovely. I usually don't get the time to enjoy things like this. Normally my days are a typical soldiers life of prayer, training, a humble meal, more training..."

She smirks a little and lets out a pleasured sigh.

"It's nice to be able to get away from that for a little while, even if I know it will only be for a day or two. So, other than having a fine palette and a skill in managing things, what can you tell me about yourself Yasuki-san?"

Mogami's Equipment: Battle: Light Armor, Yumi, Quiver w Flesh Cutter Arrows, Daisho
Court: Decent quality kimono and courtiers fan

Budoka's Tsuruga and Fuwa's Eqiupment:
Battle: Ashigaru Armor | Han-Kyu, Quiver w Willow Leaf Arrows | Yari
Court: Kimono

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:14 am 

"Me, hm? Well..."

She ticks off things on one hand while leaning back on the other casually.

"I come from a long line of shugenja, though I don't have the gift myself. I was the last of three children; My older sister worked with the air kami and worked as a magistrate until she was killed in the line of duty. And my older brother is a priest of the earth kami, but also is an artist on the side. I myself was born into the Iuchi Family but trained with the Ide. Hmmm... more interesting things..."

She leaned back on to both hands as she thought a moment, "Otherwise: My favorite play is the Kabuki classic Monkey Steals The Peach, I got bitten by a horse once, my husband's family owns a sake brewery, I still miss red meat even though I'm a Crab now, and I own a no-dachi that belonged to my great grandfather and has not been drawn since except for cleaning. ...that's a good start if nothing else."

carries: wakizashi, dice & cup, heirloom jewelry, pearl & jade necklace, tiny Daikoku statue, coin purse, hand fan, silk umbrella, bottle of Golden Carp, sake cups, personal seal

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:57 am 

"It must be interesting having so many siblings! I myself am an only child. You'll have to explain to me the different Unicorn families, I admit I am not well learned in the subject at all."

Mogami looks over to the door and then the red-clad woman appears again bringing the order. She sits after placing the tray with the sake and warmed mochi on it and waits for either of the two women to give her an instruction.

"I have not seen that one performed, though I have read a transcript of it. I'd love to see it acted out someday."

At the mention of red meat, Mogami gives Yukarin a questioning look.

"Red meat? I...I didn't think that we were supposed to eat that?"

Mogami's Equipment: Battle: Light Armor, Yumi, Quiver w Flesh Cutter Arrows, Daisho

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:10 am 

"So it is."

She turned to the woman in red, "If you have an instrument, could you fetch it and play something local?"

The geisha bowed and left again, quietly sliding the door closed behind her as the two samurai talked. "It wasn't that way when the Unicorn left the Empire as the Ki-Rin. From what I learned in the libraries at Toshi no Omoidoso, the Shining Prince set that forth as head of the Brotherhood of Shinsei. So up until a year ago, I didn't really know of such a custom. I obviously don't eat that stuff now that I'm in Crab lands. But I'm still not very used to eating so much seafood, since that was the one thing we most certainly did not have while traveling the Burning Sands and Western Wastes."

The geisha soon came back with a shamisen to start playing softly to one side, sotting formally in front of the screen.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:19 am 

"So many places you must have seen! I still remember my time out on the grass sea in western Lion lands, which are now some of the Eastern Unicorn areas. I thought how much was out there that I would never get to see..."

Mogami pours Yukarin a cup before pouring herself one as well.

"But you have gotten to see so much more beyond. What freedom that must have been like, traveling every day to somewhere new..."

She raises her glass to Yukarin before taking a sip.

"I grew up at the Akodo War College, then I did my first year after gempukku wandering, trying to get by on my own. After that I was assigned to Toshi no Omoidoso."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:53 pm 

"What were your duties there then? You said you were training... was there a sensei you were under in the city?"

Yukarin certainly hadn't known of a more proper school; Unless she'd failed to dig enough into the dojo there. Which was entirely possible.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:29 pm 

"Ah, my duties have been to teach ashigaru how to fight, outside of the normal soldiering work like taking up a guard positioned. No sensei I was under, this was entirely my own task to handle."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:48 pm 

"Ah. So you are like a sensei yourself then, teaching others. Even if it's different than a sensei in a traditional dojo. Still, that seems quite the prestigious assignment. Especially so young. ...not that you seem any younger than I am, but I don't have a lot of responsibility like that myself, I think."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:01 am 

"I suppose one could say I am like a sensei for the heimen, but in the end the goal is that the lessons I learned from training them will help me better take to commanding. The path my father wanted me to follow was that of eventually taking his place as a general, though should fortune take me in a different direction I would not be unwilling."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:16 am 

"That's a nice flexible way of looking at things."

Yukarin took a bite of mochi and washed it down with cold sake after she'd swallowed, the sake taking on an even sweeter tone thanks to the sugars left on the tongue.

"So what about outside of your duty, Matsu-sama? Do you have hobbies, pastimes that you keep coming back to? I we talked about that little before, but it doesn't feel right not having some stories to tell over music and drink, neh?"

She was definitely relaxing a little, her body language looking more loose and casual as she laid back a little with an elbow on the futon's large firm pillow.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:23 am 

"I enjoy reading quite a bit. That was my purpose of walking the street of scrolls tonight before I ran into you. Looking for something to help take my mind off of the current situations, but also give me further insights. There is so much power the written word has."

Mogami follows suit and takes a bite as well, letting out a contented Mmmm sound.

"Excellent suggestion, by the way Yasuki-san"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:57 am 

"Yeah, I do enjoy reading too. Tales of adventure and romance especially, but history and such can be nice too. I just think I prefer things in play form; Even if it lacks a little of the imagination, there's something about being with others and sharing the same energy that the performers put into things. But then, I suppose maybe I just get lonely easily, or something like that."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:23 am 

"I definitely appreciate plays as well. As you said, being in the same space and sharing an experience is something superbly special."

At the mention of romance, Mogami's eyes sparkle.

"OOooh, romance pillow books are some of my favorite! I was just reading one the other day that was so..."

She wiggles a little

"Yum."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:26 am 

That got a chuckle, "Well, they were a nice escape, at one time. Now I have my own romantic adventure, so they're not as much of my time anymore... though honestly, that could just be the fact I'm more busy than I used to be. After all, I still enjoyed the last one I read, and that was on the way here from Crab lands."

She thought about this with a contemplative look, sipping more of the cloudy sweet sake.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:42 am 

"How have you found being married? Do the pillow books do it justice?"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:53 am 

That got a wider grin, Yukarin leaning in a little, "That depends on the pillow book, neh? Realistically though..."

She leaned back again, "It's much busier than a pillow book makes it seem. Which makes sense; Who wants to read about hours of cleaning and household management and finances? The good parts are just as good though, at least for me. I've even tried out some things I've only read about, neh?"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:01 am 

"Mmm, that sounds lovely. I have never even shared a kiss...To have so much freedom to explore. Ah, the thought does excite me."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:12 am 

"Kisses are nice and all, I prefer the stuff that comes later in the evening though~"

A chuckle escaped her lips as she set the now empty cup down, the geisha immediately and silently filling the thing back up since Yukarin had neglected to put it face down.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:18 am 

"Oh? You'll have to enlighten me. After all, here we can speak whatever we wish..."

She scoots a little closer and takes another sip.

"Are you trying for a child?"

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next