It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 4:56 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: (D8, LA) Yogo Nogo? Oh no! (Open)
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 12:42 am 

"And trying to keep up appearances of drinking with a depressed Yogo." Degarashi's eyes took on a playful begging air. "Help me, Soshi-sama! You're my only hope! By the end of the night she'll have certainly put me under!"

Typically carries: Wakizashi, parchment and charcoal, at least one medicine kit, a dark grey blanket, rope and grappling hook

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 12:47 am 

Sip.

"There are worse fates, by my reckoning."

Carries/Wears: Extravagant clothing, wakizashi, jitte, mask, fan, personal seal

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 12:53 am 

"Indeed, Soshi-sama, indeed. Aya-san has proven to be perfectly pleasant company so far and I sincerely doubt that position will change by tonight."

Typically carries: Wakizashi, parchment and charcoal, at least one medicine kit, a dark grey blanket, rope and grappling hook

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 1:40 am 

Had it been Norikami making that comment, Aya would have snapped back with a comment about being desperate for friends. However, the story told to her by the Poison Joke just moments ago made that particular barb just a little too sharp.

It had been quite some time since she spent a prolonged amount of time with someone she couldn't just slam relentlessly. Maybe she should have. It was dangerous letting anyone get closer to her...but she had just doomed the Empire to an eternity of darkness through her lack of skill. Surely the Curse MUST be resolved by now. Surely it was safe now to open herself up enough for a bland actor to slip inside her guard.

Surely.

Instead she let out a sigh.

"I think I've had enough talk about fate for the week. Perhaps we could talk about something else for awhile?" she requested.

Theme Song

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 1:51 am 

Degarashi couldn't help but notice that Aya hadn't made a sharp jab in a moment she might normally have done so, and assumed it meant that she was still not quite back to her normal self. He hadn't quite expected her to be, but the thought still bothered him, especially knowing that she had been struggling with that roar in her head this entire time.

Thinking that might be the reason she requested a change in subject, Degarashi moved his hand, hidden as it was, until his fingers were gently laced with Aya's, hoping that might help her feel even a tiny bit better.

"I agree. I'm all for death and dark humor, but maybe something lighter is in order. Maybe something about a Yasuki on Yasuki transactional dispute?"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 1:53 am 

"Well, in any case, since I seem to have passed your tests," Tameaki says, changing the subject, "I wonder if you might favor me with your opinions on a matter - specifically, that of Yogo Sukima-san, who seems to have appointed herself leader of our little delegation. Feel free to speak openly, without restriction, as the details of this conversation will not leave this table."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:03 am 

"Who?"

Aya hadn't actually bothered to check in at the embassy yet, so the name didn't mean anything to her....yet.

Theme Song

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:58 am 

Degarashi shrugged, taking on that strangely monotone pattern he sometimes adopted.

"Confused but determined. Eager to take action, uncertain about what action. In ways, useful, but others dangerous. Without knowing more about her true motivations, I can't consider her much beyond a difficult quantity in an overly complicated equation."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:11 am 

Tameaki nods.

"Your assessment matches my own, Bayushi-san," he confirms, "though I would prove slightly less kind, I think, and simply call her naive. She will prove useful if she manages not to upset the governor with her pleas for leniency for the Crane, I suppose, but she seems ill-suited for identifying and eliminating problems at their source. Thankfully, that is my specialty, but I cannot act alone and hope to succeed... I'll need others of a similar mindset, prepared to do what must be done."

Sip.

He looks back and forth between Aya and Degarashi, looking as if he's considering something.

"It's been some time since I appointed any yoriki," he says at last, "and perhaps its time to rectify that. As I said, I need people who are devoted to seeing a job done regardless of the cost, and who are aware of the true dangers we face. You're drafted, both of you - my congratulations...or commiserations, whichever proves most appropriate."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:51 am 

To say that Degarashi was surprised was to call Aya "a bit tactless." But he considered the Soshi's words, and his fellow Scorpions, carefully.

Then he nodded and raised his cup high. "Let us commemorate this moment with a rare statement of honesty: Both, Soshi-sama. Definitely both."

Then he downed the drink in one shot, and looked to Aya for her input.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:11 am 

Aya took a moment to examine her cup to make sure they weren't actually enjoying liquid void.

Fuck, another master? At this rate they may as well form a council. Aya wondered.

She shrugged a bit.

"Insofar as it does not interfere with my duties and obligations already sworn, sure, why not?"

She joined in the toast.

Theme Song

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:18 am 

"Excellent," says Tameaki, finishing his cup. "Don't worry - I won't demand much of you, save to continue fighting as you have been. Think of it more as the opportunity to use my standing to push your way past any political problems that may arise along the way."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:03 am 

"Certain to be helpful in the near future, of that I have little doubt."

Degarashi mused about his sudden change in fortunes. "Is there anything of particular concern to your eye, currently?"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:42 am 

"Well, nothing can be done about the scroll, for now," Tameaki says, "so as serious as it is, let's put it aside for now. The Crane are going to be our biggest immediate problem. Their grand-standing will prove a distraction that will prevent the Lion and their allies - including us - from being able to mount an effective defense when the fury-spirits arrive. We simply can't have an enemy behind our lines, eager for an opportunity to spite our hosts."

Ignoring usual protocol, he pours himself another cup, and...sip.

"I'm going from here to the Crane embassy, to try and urge them toward a diplomatic solution. I doubt I'll have much luck, unless the death of their second ambassador has cleared the way for someone with more sense, but I should at least offer them a chance before resorting to other methods to neutralize them."

Sip.

"Those other methods, by the way, will be you. I can provide support, but I'll need Yogo-san's expertise with wards..."

A nod to Aya.

"...and Bayushi-san's subtle style..."

A nod to Degarashi.

"...if we're to get in and eliminate the problem."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:49 am 

Degarashi traded a look with Aya and nodded his understanding. "This one certainly hopes a diplomatic solution can be found, if only to allow there to be anyone left standing within the walls at all by the time a defense is needed."

For his part, Degarashi started to vaguely imitate Tameaki's sipping quirk, falling naturally into his practice of adopting new roles whenever needed.

"I have no influence to speak of among the Crane. My contacts and much of my capacity lies squarely among those with pincers."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:57 am 

"If it comes to that, Bayushi-san," the magistrate says, shaking his head, "you won't need influence. Just a blade."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:01 am 

Aya frowned at the problem. At least it was something else to focus on.

"Unless they actually have embraced the Shadowlands taint, or have actual spirits in their embassy, there's not a lot my wards can do, except kill them. I guess that's better than having them sabotage us behind the defenses, but hopefully you can talk some sense in to them. From what we saw previously, the enemy is a rather large swarm of returned spirits that care nothing for honor, food, or reason. Just killing. Every defender is needed." she offers.

Theme Song

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:06 am 

Degarashi pursed his lips at Aya's statement, wondering if perhaps the Soshi had other uses in mind for her wards, but it was beyond his expertise. Working with her in any capacity seemed pleasant, somehow.

"Understood, Soshi-sama. I merely felt it worthwhile to mention what unexpected resources might stand on our side, if needed." He looked into the magistrate's eyes. "You strike me as a man who works well with extra information on hand."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:14 am 

"I won't need you casting wards, Yogo-san, but bypassing them," Tameaki says, shaking his head. "I'm not without talent, but your training with wards likely gives you the advantage in unraveling them."

He then nods to Degarashi.

"An informed decision is most likely to be a correct one, so there is always a need for more and more detailed intelligence."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:39 am 

Aya frowned as she considered the problem. Most monsters didn't design elaborate ward mazes that needed unraveling.

"Well...ok. So, any ward would need to be inscribed on something permanent, like a door, or a window, or an archway. The Crane would probably entreat the air kami for this. They're very aligned with the air kami, and as an additional benefit, the wards would be focused on peaceful slumber, rather than summoning a giant roaring inferno. Much easier to deal with if a servant takes a wrong turn."

She sips her cup thoughtfully.

"In this case, Earth is the counter for Air. So, ideally you'd have someone quiet, who was very strongly aligned with the Earth kami. You'd tie a rope to them in case they were unable to overcome the ward and needed to be pulled back. Then they just need to locate the ward in one of the aforementioned places, and physically destroy it. That would release the air kami from their interest in the game, and you could proceed."

Theme Song

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next