It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 4:42 pm

Post subject: Minor Injuries Clinic [LA D8 Phoenix Embassy]
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:47 pm 

Unhappy at the continuing rain and the totally unfair and outrageous denial of kite flying weather, Ayanojo was sat close to the exit of the Phoenix Embassy peering out, hopeful that the downpour would lessen at some point. He'd had tea brought and had picked a place close to a brazier and was sketching kite plans on a piece of paper as he planned for Spring.

Spring would come, wouldn't it?

[Open, but expecting]

Status 1.0 * Glory 2.0 * Honour: As Expected
Carries: Wakizashi, fan, scroll satchel, wax tablet & stylus, paper, often kites.

Post subject: Re: Minor Injuries Clinic [LA D8 Phoenix Embassy]
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:33 pm 

A colorful green and golden umbrella gets highlighted walking around the Phoenix Embassy walls into the direction of the main gate. The guards seem to rush up to the front, and after a while they allow Horonigai to walk in.

Dressed in the same red, brown, green furisode, one item that steals the eyes is a bright blue and white fan she's carrying along.

The Seppun slowly walks to one of the buildings she was directed to, and announces herself again. "Konnichiwa. I am Seppun Horonigai, Miharu of the house of the Abdicators. I am looking for a healer, onegaishimasu."

Gear: daisho, another classy fan, another extravagant furisode (or plain kimono and hakama), silk umbrella, jade obi dome (pendant), golden kushi kanzashi (head comb).
Duty/Outside: Armor Up!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:53 pm 

!

An Imperial! Not what he had been expecting, but a welcome distraction from the outrageous and unfair weather. He bowed low and then grabbed his tablet and took his time to make this message very clear and impeccably calligraphied.

Quote:
Good Afternoon Seppun-sama, I am Asako Ayanojo. Is the medical attention required urgent or extensive?

Carries: Wakizashi, fan, scroll satchel, wax tablet & stylus, paper, often kites.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 8:00 pm 

Horonigai blinks a bit at the unusual greeting, but once she sees the top notch calligraphy, her eyes sparkle with joy.

She bows to Ayanojo, "Hajimemashite, Asako-san. Please, treat me kindly." Then, still under the rain while waiting to enter the cozy building, she mentions. "Eto. I don't know. It's a small cut. But it doesn't look good. It should be ok, but it still hurts."

Gear: daisho, another classy fan, another extravagant furisode (or plain kimono and hakama), silk umbrella, jade obi dome (pendant), golden kushi kanzashi (head comb).

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 12:23 am 

The concern was apparent in Ayanojo's eyes. He quickly, yet still with proper calligraphy, wrote out a new message.

Quote:
I am not a doctor, but I can call on the water kami. Do you wish me to?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 12:48 am 

Horonigai looks up to the sky. The water kami clearly pouring down all its blessings, and they weren't healing anything. She shrugs rather skeptical. "Nani, How would that help?"

Nice characters! She thinks, though.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 12:53 am 

Ayano blinked . . . and forced himself to remember this Seppun had both swords, so wasn't a shugenja, therefore wouldn't make the connection between the water kami and the surge of healing the Path to Inner Peace gave.

He stared at his tablet thinking how best to convey the subtlety and grace of the water kami's touch when it knitted torn flesh and cracked bone back together.

Quote:
I have a prayer of healing. I must touch you to use it. Do I have your permission?

He went with simple.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 1:00 am 

The touch you characters written on the board made her eyes narrow with high intensity. She takes a good measured look on Ayanojo before confirming with a nod. "You may."

Horonigai offers her umbrella first, asking him kindly. "Doumo, hold this please."

As he holds, she elegantly takes a step up into the buildsings varanda, and takes her tall laqcuered geta off her clean feet shining with a glittering nail polish. The Seppun turns to him. "Ne, Asako-san, where can I... anno... show the injury?"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 1:05 am 

He blinked. This was not what he expected. Carefully placing her umbrella next to his own colourful Phoenix patterned one, he wrote out another message.

Quote:
There is no need to show the injury. The water kami know the way.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 1:14 am 

Relieved, Horonigai stops rolling her left sleeve and unfolds it back to its place. She nods in thanks, confessing. "Such a gentleman, neh, Asako-san. I appreciate that."

Another affirming nod. "Un! I do."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 1:20 am 

He nodded and opened his scroll satchel looking for the scroll with the blueish tinge he used for water prayers. Easy to find as it was the only one. Water and Earth being by far his weakest elemental connection. Scroll selected he began the incantation in the language of the kami . . . and yes he spoke it! Total gibberish to Horonigai most likely, but a clear entreaty to the mizu-no-kami to heal her wrongs for anyone who could understand the words. Words said he reached out and guided the kami to their target by touching the Seppun's hand lightly.

He called and they answered, unhindered by the pollution of the Black Scrolls.

--
D8 LA Casting PtiP TN 10, element deficiency, spellcraft 5 bonus, VP spent.: 5d10o10k3 28

18 Wounds healed.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 1:35 am 

Upon hearing the chanting to the kami, Horonigai presses her eyes closed thinking, please don't puke, please don't puke!

As a the gentle, chilly touch of the water kami infuses her body, and refreshing sensation fills up her soul. The injury gone, but not forgotten. As the energy flows through, she says,

"A duel spar with Doji Koushi. He struck me yesterday in a kharmic strike. A kind touch, just like yours, but with a blade hit. It got worse today, for some reason I don't know. Earlier today, I heard the Crane got massacred by Matsu guards in front of their Embassy. They killed the Crane Ambassador. Doji Koushi later took his life. May they find Yomi."

Horonigai lifts her left hand quickly to her eye, stopping the waker kami from flowing further.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 1:40 am 

He'd known some of that, but not all which caused him to pause while carefully returning the scroll to his satchel. Blinking he finished sealing the scroll away from the damp, outrageous and unfair weather conditions and took up his tablet again.

Quote:
Any word of Daidoji Tetsuko-sama? I am supposed to be meeting her later.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 1:49 am 

Horonigai shakes her head, saying, "I've sent the Crane Embassy a letter. I am waiting for their reply."

The Seppun bows to Ayanojo. A deeper one than the first one she gave when they met. "Arigatou gosaimashita, Asako-san. I feel completely restored. Please, thank the water kami for me as well."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:49 pm 

That brought a happy grin to his face despite the outrageous and unfair weather.

Quote:
They know already, they heard you.

He held the sign up happily and then looked suddenly to the left where a gust of wind, totally against the wind direction, had blown some rain sideways and into the entrance. Not close enough to hit them, but close enough to notice.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:07 pm 

Sugoi, the thinks, excited of how cool it is, and says,

"Sugoooiiiiii..."

Horonigai crouches down with legs held together to inspect the water drops closer. Her hair almost falls, and she tucks a wild lock behind her ear.

Looking up to the Asako, she grins. "Would it be rude to ask them to stop dropping for, let's say, a day?"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:53 am 

He was giving the area of the rain splash a stern look right now. Almost as if in apology some of the water was blown back out on to the street. Again against the prevailing wind direction. Then he nodded and wrote out a new message.

Quote:
Look to the skies, Seppun-sama, and you might catch sight of the one responsible for the rain.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:47 am 

She says, before looking up, "Hai. Kashi... Asako Kashiwagi-san mentioned the Water Dragon could be up there."

She looks up. "I hope that is meant to delay the spirits."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:10 am 

Ayanojo looked up before composing a message. He stared at it for a moment before erasing it as too religious and started again.

Quote:
It is making the Water kami easier to work with.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:25 am 

"Sodesuka?!" She asks rhetorically. "I am happy then, this fashion blessed ones such as yourself can aid the samurai in battle."