It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:29 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 183 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Cold and Miserable [D1, Early Morning]
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:36 pm 

Shosuro Sara wrote:
"Arigatou Bayushi-san. Would you come for tea later, so we can talk? After I am settled." And warm.

Sukekage nods, then fades back into the crowd.

"It is not in my nature to be a villain, and one must remain true to one's nature."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:36 pm 

Miwako moved to the shrine, quickly offering prayers to the fortune and preparing to cleanse and treat any of the wounded..

Phoenix Clan ° Shugenja ° Diminished Water Tensai ° Togashi Trained ° Tattooed ° Healer ° Light Sleeper ° Dream Hunter ° Lunatic ° Married ° Mother ° Bee Queen ° Sake Overseer ° Rainmaker ° Experienced
Status 1.0 | Glory 3.0 | Honor: What's Expected

Carries/wears: Scroll satchel, tanto, wakizashi, jade, cricket

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:37 pm 

Akodo Ren wrote:
She paused, "But she is alive?"

Oh my dear...

"She is no more dead than I am, honored cousin," he said dryly. "

Status: 4.0 | Glory: 10.0 | Infamy: .4 | Honor: Untrustworthy
Carried: Wakizashi, Black Fancy Clothing, Chop, Writ of the Asako Inquisitors, Maho Warding Amulet, Jade Amulet, Trash Queen (Tabby Cat)

TN 0 to be Recognized.

Isawa Miwako wrote:
"The nearby buildings will have to do, then. Temporary shelter, while we sort things out. Any wounded, any frostbitten, should come this way. Yourselves included."

"This one is all well considering the most unfortunate circumstances, though much appreciated." the Tortoise noted with a nod. "I take my leave to make room for those that are in need of treatment. Blessings upon you all, -samas - please stay warm out here," he stated, offering to the group a sincere bow before making room for other refugees streaming in to be assessed and attended to.

Kasuga Seitouna wrote:
Seitouna had been uncharacteristically out and about so early in the day, but, when he hears the commotion, he recalls his lessons and heads towards it to see what can be done.

Seeing the stream of refugees come in, he sees about steering one of the servant-types aside to talk for a moment.

"Come on, then," he says, "tell me, what did you see? What happened? And we'll see if we can't get you some food and fire, eh?"

His voice is reasonably warm, reasonably comforting, but what result it will have (https://orokos.com/roll/796635) is unclear.

Asakuro looked in the direction of where the call came from - many, it seemed, were interested in hearing what had transpired. Upon seeing the most familiar mon, he approached the man, offering a respectful bow.

"It is most good to see an esteemed cousin in this city and in these trying times - what they say, most unfortunately, appears to be true," Asakuro said in greeting his fellow Tortoise. "I am well and good from the journey to speak for a few moments before I might need to tend to somewhere warm - what information may I be able to provide you, Kasuga-san?"

Carries: Fan, personal seal, wakizashi, chopsticks, water bottle, kiseru, small knife, sake cup
Sometimes featuring now: Mamoru the Frazzled Peafowl!
Language Colors: MerenaeThrane
Profile!

Ikoma Homura wrote:

"This one would tell you the time he wrestled a bear to the ground, so he'll be fine."

The man looked at Homura, about to speak, before the shook her head.

"That building there" she motioned to the closest one to the gate, a few startled peasants moving away "didn't catch your name, I'm Ikoma Homura. This Ikoma if you didn't know was Ikoma Taka."

Koushi managed a half-smile as he guided Taka in the direction indicated. "Doji Koushi is my name, designated physician of the Crane Delegation to His Imper….Imperial Majesty's Winter Court."

The title rolled off the tongue automatically, conditioned by the winter's endless meetings and greetings. He glanced to one side and tilted his head apologetically at the stumble on the Emperor's name. Recent events had left their mark.

"Many thanks for your assistance, Ikoma-san. These times are more troubled than I had anticipated."

Carries: Daisho, Fan, Medical Bag.
Wears: Sturdy, functional clothing, Snowshoes (outdoors), light armor (where appropriate
)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:38 pm 

To Jigoku with this snow, to Jigoku with this news.

It was cold, Norikami wasn't a fan. The Lion were of course marching people faster than they should be, but that was nothing new. He'd seen worse. The big problem was people fussing over the Shosuro girl. Why hadn't he got there first?

He grumbled and clamped his teeth on his pipe. This was supposed to be a simple job and a long trip back home. Now the Emperor was dead and who knew what was next? Lord Bayushi wasn't going to be pleased.

"...fucking snow." It was the first thing he'd said all day that wasn't some kind of angry grunt, surprisingly it was clear, as if the cold weren't actually the issue.

When Allowed: Armor, No-Dachi, Yumi/Arrows

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:41 pm 

Trudging through the snow Iko constantly glances back over her shoulder at the distant Morikage Toshi as she excorts the Dragon delegation leadership inside the gates of Toshi no Omoidoso.

A sigh of relief escapes her lips as she finally wipes her bloodstained blade clean in the snow, her duty discharged, for now and an opportunity to release all the tension she had been holding inside, she leaned heavily against one of the inner walls of the castle as she waited for further instruction - either from a representative of the local Governor, or from her delegation head.

Taking a moment to look around, she saw a few familiar faces. Some from the court at Morikage Toshi, and some that she had not seen all Winter and must have been here already here. She muttered a quick prayer, thanking Bishamon for the Strength she needed to get through this latest trial and pulled herself back to her feet as she glanced back out the gates of Toshi no Omoidoso, wondering just what fate had gotten her into this time...

((PM if approached please))

Carries: Daisho, Yumi (where appropriate)
Description

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:44 pm 

Shosuro Sara wrote:
She held her teeth from chattering just. "Moto-san." The name felt strange and clunky on her tongue. "Has offered to take me back with his...horse." Presumeby it's a horse?
She extended her hand to the Unicorn, pulling herself up towards him, awkwardly finding a space behind him, her hands reaching around him for stability.

The Moto nodded as Sara climbed onto the horse behind him, then gave Sukekage another nod. They began trotting towards the castle.

"Are you still cold?" Baatar inquired solicitously as they rode. "Here, take this - it's warm." He offered her a fur-lined (!) wrap.

"The Taishoku Hikari troop must be a Scorpion formation?" he asked. "Was there fighting?"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:44 pm 

Shiko herself had only showed up in the city recently. Recent enough that she herself was probably still an unfamiliar face to the locals, except for certain tavern-goers. She didn't look tired enough to be part of the refugee-flow, though.

It had been a rough awakening this morning; all this commotion about something at the gates. Her headache did not agree with that, at all. Donning her usual attire, ready for anything, she'd headed over only to find... a lot of people coming in, talking crazy things... well, not so crazy to a Crab, maybe.

Still, none of it was lining up yet. Maybe there were too many half-overheard conversations about the subject going around. Maybe it was the headache. Or why not both? She *definitely* needed a sip of sake to deal with either of those.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:45 pm 

Bayushi Norikami wrote:

It was cold, Norikami wasn't a fan. The Lion were of course marching people faster than they should be, but that was nothing new. He'd seen worse. The big problem was people fussing over the Shosuro girl. Why hadn't he got there first?

He grumbled and clamped his teeth on his pipe. This was supposed to be a simple job and a long trip back home. Now the Emperor was dead and who knew what was next? Lord Bayushi wasn't going to be pleased.

"...fucking snow." It was the first thing he'd said all day that wasn't some kind of angry grunt, surprisingly it was clear, as if the cold weren't actually the issue.

"Ah, another new arrival," Sukekage notes as he approaches with...whatever it was he was carrying to offer for warmth. "It's good to know that at least some of our delegates survived..."

Ryuuta Kin wrote:
While he appreciated the concern and assistance, he refused to leave the others that were in also in need for the moment.

...and then the Scorpion was distracted, a look of utter, complete surprise crossing his face. "Kinjaku-san...?"

"It is not in my nature to be a villain, and one must remain true to one's nature."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:45 pm 

Bayushi Norikami wrote:

The cold never really bothered Aya anyways.....more annoying was all the whimpering refugees. Oh it's cold, oh my beloved Emperor is dead...blah blah blah....

Still, hearing the dog bark was a familiar source of entertainment.

"Awwww, not a fan Nori-kun? Generations of Crane poets are weeping that you will never truly appreciate their near boundless supply of poems about snow. OR do you prefer your lovers to have skin more deeply tan that pure white?" she asked with her usual sarcastic tone.

Theme Song

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:48 pm 

She looked up into his eyes and dropped proper decorum for a moment by placing her hand firmly on his shoulder, "Then it is not too late."

She dropped her hand to her side, "There is much good to be done today cousin... As long as we have breath in our lungs and fire in our souls we can make something of this. This was once the Phoenix's city. I will do everything I can to make it feel like you and your people are so welcomed again."

She bowed to the group, "These people will see to your needs. Inform them of anything you require and we will make every effort to see it done."

She took a small step back towards Kashiwagi and added in a small voice, "Nothing is more reassuring to me than having you back here safe... We will talk later."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:50 pm 

Not noticing he'd been noticed, the Piranha continued his assistance with the arrivals, while being occasionally pestered by Lion samurai telling him that they should be handling it and Kin was now an honored guest.

The way they said it suggested that he was stepping on their duty, but they hadn't seen the violence and didn't know what many of these people had experienced. War was one thing but this had been something entirely different.

He did pass by the group of Scorpion, but seemed a bit too preoccupied at the moment to notice a face from his past.

Equipment: Daisho, light armor, naga scimitar, personal seal, notebook, parchment & charcoal, ink brush kit

Moto Baatar wrote:

The Moto nodded as Sara climbed onto the horse behind him, then gave Sukekage another nod. They began trotting towards the castle.

"Are you still cold?" Baatar inquired solicitously as they rode. "Here, take this - it's warm." He offered her a fur-lined (!) wrap.

"The Taishoku Hikari troop must be a Scorpion formation?" he asked. "Was there fighting?"

Sara eyed the wrap with.........fur.

Well....

Was she that cold?

"Arigatou Moto-san, but I am fine for now." She felt rough as she sat on the beast.

"There was killing, and fighting and betrayal of the heavens." She responded dramatically. She eyed him. He was new to Rokugan proper, it seemed. "Taishou Hikari is an acting troupe. We put on plays, of glories of the past and ancestral tales."

Doji Koushi wrote:
Koushi managed a half-smile as he guided Taka in the direction indicated. "Doji Koushi is my name, designated physician of the Crane Delegation to His Imper….Imperial Majesty's Winter Court."

The title rolled off the tongue automatically, conditioned by the winter's endless meetings and greetings. He glanced to one side and tilted his head apologetically at the stumble on the Emperor's name. Recent events had left their mark.

"Many thanks for your assistance, Ikoma-san. These times are more troubled than I had anticipated."

"I won't say anything if you don't" Homura said with a slight smirk as they helped the older courtier down to sit by a fire. She stretched her back.

Damn Taka you're getting old and heavy!

"You also don't need to thank me for helping. I'm the helping kind, and in situations like this are not ones anyone can truly prepare for. Now you wait here Ikoma-sama, and we'll send for a medic. Doji-sama can look at your current wrappings but he's a guest, so don't lean too heavily on him."

Taka nodded, allowing the Doji to help if he wanted.

"Anyone else from your delegation need a warm fire? I hope they're mostly ok, I quite enjoyed meeting with them this season."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:56 pm 

Shosuro Sara wrote:
Sara eyed the wrap with.........fur.

"Arigatou Moto-san, but I am fine for now." She felt rough as she sat on the beast.

The Unicorn nodded and withdrew the fur, taking her at her word. They continued riding up the road.
Shosuro Sara wrote:
"There was killing, and fighting and betrayal of the heavens." She responded dramatically. She eyed him. He was new to Rokugan proper, it seemed. "Taishou Hikari is an acting troupe. We put on plays, of glories of the past and ancestral tales."

Baatar looked impressed. "Even I've heard of Shosuro acting troupes," he admitted with an admiring tone. "But I've only heard wild rumors of what happened out at Imperial court. The heavens were betrayed? What happened??"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:59 pm 

Sara frowned. "He..."one word dripped with venom from an actual Scorpion, from the way the Shosuro said it. "killed our Emperor. Slit his throat, before the court. His own blood. Then there was chaos. And fighting. And killing." she withdrew a hand to try and get some of the grime off of her. "My make up was ruined. The clothes I'm wearing were for my role, not for travel. And it's all because of him."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:02 pm 

Mindshred wrote:
The heimin are shivering and clinging very carefully to a blue-and-white kimono that seems to have lost its owner.

"The Emperor has been slain, samurai-sama! Lion samurai cutting down everyone we could see left and right... it was terrible!"

Seitouna is stricken by the news, openly staring for a moment before he nods and sends the peasants along as Asakruo approaches.

Kasuga Asakuro wrote:
Asakuro looked in the direction of where the call came from - many, it seemed, were interested in hearing what had transpired. Upon seeing the most familiar mon, he approached the man, offering a respectful bow.

"It is most good to see an esteemed cousin in this city and in these trying times - what they say, most unfortunately, appears to be true," Asakuro said in greeting his fellow Tortoise. "I am well and good from the journey to speak for a few moments before I might need to tend to somewhere warm - what information may I be able to provide you, Kasuga-san?"

Seitouna returns the bow. "I have a warm place, cousin, or at least one out of the wind, if you'd care to come along." And he gestures towards a place.

"Mostly, it was just to find out what's happened. But I think, if you were there, that I should put myself at your disposal."

Thinking * Speaking Merenae * Speaking Thrane
Generally wears decent kimono & sandals, jitte, wakizashi
Wears extravagant kimono & sandals and wakizashi at court
Almost always has paper and something to write with
Public Profile

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:04 pm 

Among the refugees was a small group of Lion servants and samurai, all of them gathered around an otherwise unremarkable-seeming woman with a troubled expression. From a glance, she was someone important, but anyone who had spent time at Morikage Toshi would instantly recognize the face of the Kitsu daimyo.

Clutched in Izumi's arms was a small parcel that was wrapped in silk. She seemed to be paying more attention to the parcel's safety than anything else that was happening around her.

NPC by Mindshred

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:07 pm 

Akodo Ren wrote:
She took a small step back towards Kashiwagi and added in a small voice, "Nothing is more reassuring to me than having you back here safe... We will talk later."

Kashwiagi gave her a nod and then went back to aiding others, he was ever a servant of the Empire.

Status: 4.0 | Glory: 10.0 | Infamy: .4 | Honor: Untrustworthy
Carried: Wakizashi, Black Fancy Clothing, Chop, Writ of the Asako Inquisitors, Maho Warding Amulet, Jade Amulet, Trash Queen (Tabby Cat)

TN 0 to be Recognized.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 183 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next