It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 3:31 pm

Post subject: [Day 1 - LA] Feels Like Summer [Courtroom]
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:19 pm 

Kashiwagi was refreshed now with many layers of fine dark kimono and was ready to meet with the high-up man. He tucked his most favored fan into his belt, one that Chidori had given him and made sure to try and look pleasant as she had tried to impress upon him.

Status: 4.0 | Glory: 10.0 | Infamy: .4 | Honor: Untrustworthy
Carried: Wakizashi, Black Fancy Clothing, Chop, Writ of the Asako Inquisitors, Maho Warding Amulet, Jade Amulet, Trash Queen (Tabby Cat)

TN 0 to be Recognized.

Post subject: Re: [Day 1 - LA] Feels Like Summer [Courtroom]
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:28 pm 

The governor has been in the court for hours, but after the bustle of activity (and all the shouting earlier), he asked for a reprieve to collect his thoughts.

When he was told of Asako Kashiwagi's arrival, Kendo realized that he might welcome some quiet and thoughtful company.

Seated upon his chair at the center of the room, Kendo looks up as Kashiwagi enters.

"Good afternoon, and welcome to Toshi no Omoidoso. I wish we could meet under more auspicious circumstances." He inclines his head to his guest.

Run by GM "Never Messes Up" Lucidicide

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:33 pm 

The gold haired hero bowed respectfully to his new host and said, “The honor is mine, Shimizu-sama, you have opened your home to the Phoenix and refugees and we are twice blessed by such Compassion. I wanted you to know that the Phoenix appreciate this kindness and we are at your service if you have need of us in these trying times.”

“With that said I bring a bottle of sake from a fine sake-house in the Crab lands, it is of excellent quality and is said to mend troubled hearts and bring warmth to chase away the cold, I would be honored to share this blessed spirit with you, if it please you?” he said warmly, his blue eyes focusing on the man.

Carried: Wakizashi, Black Fancy Clothing, Chop, Writ of the Asako Inquisitors, Maho Warding Amulet, Jade Amulet, Trash Queen (Tabby Cat)

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:41 pm 

Kendo smiles at the man.

"That sounds like a fine distraction from the day, and I thank you for it."

He looks thoughtful for a moment before continuing. "This city obviously has a long history with your Clan, and I consider it an honor to give my time to it. The Phoenix's hand is evident throughout the city, and these parts interweave with the newer Lion adjustments to create a serene harmony. May our conversations mirror the city."

Kendo steps down from his chair and gestures to a table in a corner, indicating Kashiwagi should join him.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:49 pm 

Kashiwagi followed and said, “As a newly married man, of sorts I appreciate the challenges of blending two distinct spirits into one. A lofty Miya brings a certain level of sophistication to the rustic charms of the Asako, but the result has been incredible. She is truly a blessing, and I give honors to the ancestors that blinded her enough to pursue the match.”

Self-deprecating humor, should make him sound more approachable, yes? That was the thought at least as he considered how much easier such meetings went when she was present to do the heavy lifting and he could just nod ad add an anecdote as required.

Once seated he set to pouring drinks, assuming cups and all that, and continued, “This is actually my first time to the city, so any words you can share on it would be helpful; as well read as I am, practical experience is always welcome.”

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:11 pm 

Kendo takes a sip and bows his head again. "I thank you for sharing this with me, and I congratulate you on your marriage. If the news is a portent of things to come, the Empire will need more hands to make lighter work." He grimaces a bit as he says the last.

Kendo sighs and takes another sip.

"Ah, what is there to say about the city? There are the words of poets, I'm sure, but I am no poet. To be honest, I'm not given much to the courts, though I see their need and value them. It sounds like you and I may have some similarities... though I have no new wife to spruce up my rustic charms."

After sitting in amicable silence for a moment, he continues.

"No, my words are much more the words of those who work in the city. I have seen to the construction and upkeep of the city in a way that will do it no justice, but which must still be done. If you want practical experience, I think your own eyes will do you better than my rigid words."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:45 pm 

“Well the people are where are true beauty and industry are found, the Crane carve beauty into the structures, but it is the people that make that beauty a reality. I have a soft spot for those that work the land provide labor for the good of the whole,” he said taking a sip.

Kashiwagi considered what he offered and then said, “How have your people adjusting to all the excitement? I believe I saw the Kitsu daimyo earlier, I pray she is well?”

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:56 pm 

"She is well enough." Kendo looks thoughtful.

"Tell me, Asako-san, you came through the walls of this city. Did they look strong to you? Certainly, they are strong enough to control the flow of refugees and discourage any small attempt to bother this great city.

"But, should the worst come to pass, will they withstand an attack? From an army of what size? The engineers can only guess."

He finishes his cup.

"It is the same with people, I have found. We seem to be built to withstand so much. It is our duty to try and bear it and more. The Daimyo is one who can withstand more than most, and our people shall rise to that task, as well."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:12 pm 

“Walls are impressive, but they are nothing with samurai willing to fight and die for what is just and right. My honest assessment is that they could hold, marching an army in winter is a deadly affair, as I am sure you know,” he said in reply.

“The wisdom of Leadership coms to mind, Shimizu-sama; Treat your soldiers as your beloved children and they will follow you into the deepest valley. The people must be prepared for the worst and those that are called to defend will do so gladly, as it should be. I would prefer we avoid conflict but War has never much cared for what mere men prefer, if there is a call for blood, there will be blood.”

“You carry a heavy burden, but we stand with you will do our best to lighten it.”

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:19 pm 

"I appreciate your words. I may have to call upon you to honor them in the coming days."

He sits in silence for a time and then absentmindedly brushes a hand over his missing ear. "What do you think the future holds? Surely one who has seen so much can offer more insight than most."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:36 pm 

“My experience tells me we are living in those interesting times, and things will get worse before they get better. By your leave I can consult the stars tonight and see what they portend, I do not wish to over step of course or offend your court astrologers,” he said honestly.

“The Phoenix are already called, Shimizu-sama, give the word and we will be battle ready… well as battle ready as priests and scholars can be but battle ready all the same.”

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:43 pm 

Kendo's eyes light up at the mention of consulting the stars.

"I would be most interested in what you might see, should you try. I have found most tellings of the future vague, but perhaps with more the vision should become clearer. I do not know. I would rest easier, though, with a more solid vision of things to come."

His eyes now go distant, as if remembering something.

"I had a dream of a rushing river, overflowing its banks. More and more water came down until it flooded the town." His distant eyes slowly float up until he's looking at the ceiling. "Within that water were shards of ice, somehow frozen in the raging torrent, and they cut at those who tried to swim to safety."

Suddenly, his eyes snap back down to meet Kashiwagi's and a ghost of a smile reaches his lips. "I do not think it was a good dream."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:57 pm 

“The stars will yield their secrets to me,” he said chuckling with another sip.

He then listened intently and said solemnly, “It was not, the world of dreams is speaking to you giving you insight. As I said, this will get worse before it gets better.”

“Yet, it is the burden of leadership that we must confront these truths and guide others through it.”

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:01 pm 

Kendo nods.

"I do not fear my duty or what is to come. The Heavens have guided my path, and I do what I must. I do wish I could spare others, but it is not to be."

He looks at Kashiwagi out of the corner of his eye. "Perhaps we can ease the burden, though, if the stars yield their secrets so easily to you. That is a rare gift, and one to be treasured."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:08 pm 

I am Asako Kashiwagi, not some charlatan hedge witch counting stones, he considered smugly in his head. His reply after a moment of consideration was more tempered as he said, “Thak you, it is a small thing I can do for and yours Shimizu-san, is there any other ways the Phoenix or the office of the Asako Inquisition can assist you in this time of changes?”

He offered with a smile, “I can have some more of this sake delivered to you, if you favor it… when in doubt warm spirits can make the cold, troubled nights bearable.”

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:15 pm 

"There's no need for that, though I appreciate the offer. There are many distinguished guests arriving today, and we will all play our parts in welcoming them. By giving me peaceful conversation, you have assisted me plenty in calming my mind."

Kendo exudes a solid sense of warmth of personality, coming from a sense of acceptance of what may be to come and a genuine enjoyment of having non-demanding company.

"You offer me much. What brought you here to me?"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:20 pm 

“I am a humble refugee of the troubles at Winter Court,” he said calmly.

“I was there.”

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:33 pm 

Kendo nods his head slightly.

"I thought that might be the case. I was more wondering what brought you to me, specifically. I thought maybe I could provide insight in return."

He moves one shoulder in a partial shrug.

"We have many resources, but supplies are always lower at the end of winter. While we have remained in the world, the cold and snows always cause some amount of retreat from it. Now, at the low point of our supplies before spring, there comes a crisis. We are prepared, and we will do what we can. I can't help but feel the timing may be intentional, though."

He eyes Kashiwagi closely.

"Tell me, what did you think of the arguments in court earlier? I noticed you there."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:53 pm 

“Well one, the Phoenix are thankful for your Compassion but secondly I was looking for someone of interest to share a good bottle with and you seemed to be in need of warm spirits,” he joked.

When he mentioned the arguments he said, “There were many… intriguing viewpoints offered on the subject. I fear that we will be subjected to more such good ideas voiced in… astonishing ways in the days to come. It is a serious and unprecedented matter, I will have to give it a great deal of thought before I can come to a conclusion, thankfully I have some time to collect such thoughts.”

“Honestly, for me it is still quite raw and the moment I burned into my mind, a dear friend of mine, Seppun Horonigai, was stained with the divine blood, I apologize. I still mourn.”

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:07 pm 

Kendo sinks into silence while Kashiwagi speaks.

He lets the silence hang in the air.

"I listened for hours. I think I will let the sages sort out the answer. I believe that my choices will be much more immediate than who the Emperor is, my hand forced by circumstance."

He grows silent again before continuing.

"I am sorry for your friend, and I am sorry for what times have thrust upon us. I can tell you are a man of greatness, and I am glad of your company."