It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 3:42 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: A Place to Rest (Day 7, Late Eve)
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:12 pm 

"It sounds to me that the Crane are mostly just playing games with that sort of action honestly. Trying to gauge who amongst the Samurai here might support whatever position they wish to seek in this matter. So shouldn't you, just use that to your advantage? Just keep track of which Samurai are comign and going to the events they host, and gauge yourself how many migh stand with them? I mean I don't think any seasoned courtier would really attend a fake court the Crane were hosting in Lion lands unless they had some interests there."

He shook hsi head and took a sip of his own sake. "Thsi kind of talk does seem a bit heavy for sharing around a table though, wouldn't you say though?" OSamu added a moment later. "We're safe for the moment, warm and have sake to share. That might change tomorrow too. So shouldn't we enjoy these moments we have?"

Status: 1.0 | Glory: 2.0 | Infamy: 2.0 | Honor: What is Expected

Carries: Robes, Scroll Satchel, Wakizahi, chopsticks, odd and ends

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:22 pm 

Maiya resumed her meal. She was happy just eating slowly until she had her fill.

"I don't know much about politics, gomen. Maybe some strongly worded letter of complaint. Can't exactly challenge them over it. They have lots of Kakita right? Only way of beating them is a duel to the death. Then it's pretty easy. Well, you get a scar each time."

At Osamu's rebuke she brushed a hand through her hair, feeling a bit embarrassed.

"Osamu-sama is right. Ano... Any good stories from your travels?"

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:27 pm 

"Indeed, quite the heavy conversation. Let us discuss more relaxing things. Though I do like your spirit, Kaiu-san."

She raises her cup for another toast with a smile.

"To many scars! Kampai!"

And with that, she finishes her cup again, setting it down heavily on the table with a loud clink of the cup on wood.

----
Drink total: 5
Stamina: 3.
Every drink over stamina=Stamina roll, TN drinks*5
Failed roll=Drunk level +1
Drunk level > Stamina, any further roll if failed by more than 10, character passes out

Roll 1: Roll: 14. Drunk Level +1, Stamina TN'+5
Roll 2" Roll: 24. Pass

Mogami's Equipment: Battle: Light Armor, Yumi, Quiver w Flesh Cutter Arrows, Daisho
Court: Decent quality kimono and courtiers fan

Budoka's Tsuruga and Fuwa's Eqiupment:
Battle: Ashigaru Armor | Han-Kyu, Quiver w Willow Leaf Arrows | Yari
Court: Kimono

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:59 pm 

Swiftly joining the toast, Maiya lifted her own cup cheerfully. "To well earned scars. Kampai!"

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:18 am 

"To well earned scars! Kampai!" Osamu joined them downing his own cup and placing it back on the table. At this rate he'd be drunk sooner rather then later himself.

Smirking he shook his head. "Any particular type of stories you're interested in, Kaiu-sama? Before I'm too deep in my cups to remember them and instead try to show off my tattoos."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:22 am 

Mogami gives a look to the Mantis.

"Oh, you have tattoos? I am getting one done tomorrow!"

She reaches out for the bottle, and realizing it empty motions down a servant for another bottle of the warm sake. She tops up everyone's cups before pouring her own and downing it in one swift motion.

-----
Drink total: 6
Drunk level > Stamina, any further roll if failed by more than 10, character passes out

Roll 3: Roll: 11. Drunk Level +1, Stamina TN'+5

Mogami's Equipment: Battle: Light Armor, Yumi, Quiver w Flesh Cutter Arrows, Daisho

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:31 am 

Finishing her own cup, Maiya was about to do the top ups when the Lion beat her to it. That was nice. "Arigatou gozaimasu." She had a buzz now.

"I like gossip. Courtiers embarrassing themselves is always a favourite on the Wall. Ano, I like stories of battle and anything funny. Can't say I'm a good storyteller myself. Mostly I just pass on stories I hear. Can't tell them as well. It's never the same second hand desho?"

As things switched to tattoos she made a surprised noise. "Tattoos though, eh? I thought that was a Dragon thing. Then again, I saw a Phoenix when I was having a bath. She had tattoos too. Is there a good story to yours Osamu-sama?"

She glanced to the Lion. "And you want one too Matsu-sama?"

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:47 am 

"Ah, I can't help much with gossip, I tend to avoid courts for the most part." There had been the weird Scorpion he met in the gardens though.

Picking up his cup he gave Mogami a nod of thanks. "I do, I was getting some work done earlier this evening too." He gestured towards his left arm. "Most of them don't have much of a story to them. The newest has a bit though."

Eyeing the Lioness for a moment more he asked. "Is it Togashi Mai that's going to do your work too?"

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:50 am 

"It is indeed! I spoke to one of her family members back in Toshi no Omoidoso and was told to seek her out. I am very excited to be her canvas. What an honor, to have someone's work placed upon your for your entire life."

Another topping up of cups, and another full cup downed by Mogami. She lets out a pleasured sound and sinks a little more in her seat, clearly very relaxed.

-----
Drink total: 7

Roll 3: Roll: 11. Drunk Level +1, Stamina TN'+5
Roll 4: Roll: 31. Pass

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:52 am 

"Have a little more to eat Matsu-sama." Her previous warning had gone unheeded. Maybe this one would help?

"It this Togashi Mai-sama quite famous? I'm not sure about having a tattoo. What if you changed your mind about it years later?"

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:40 am 

"They aren't for everyone." Osamu conceded as he watched the Lion with a slightly amused smile. Picking up a rice ball he took a bite, trying to lead the Lioness to eating a bit by example.

"As for Togashi-San, I don't think she is famous herself, but the Fragon are some of the best tattoo artists in Rokugan. If you are going to get one, you cant go wrong getting one from them."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:44 am 

Mogami catches the hint and produces her chopsticks, snagging a treat in them.

"Agreed. Always best to go to those who are well known for it. As far as changing my mind later, well, I do not think that would happen, but should it, I imagine a valuable lesson in choice it would teach me."

Mogami sways a little and her speech is slower than before, very clearly feeling the effects of her rapid drink consumption.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:50 am 

"Regret is a sin you know." Osamu replied draining his own cup after finishing the rice ball. "You need to make your choices and stand by them as best as you can."

"I'd be interested in seeing what you get done though, Matsu-sama. Though I suppose if you get it somewhere private, that would be a bit inappropriate."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:51 am 

"I do not know what the Togashi will put on me, nor do I know where. It is truly an adventure and expression of art!"

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 3:22 am 

For a moment the Crab thought the pair quite lewd. She blushed faintly and focused on eating and drinking. Mogami's declaration was something she found particularly embarrassing. However, she stoically endured it until her face was cool once again.

"I only hope it is to your satisfaction Matsu-sama." She finally chips in, keeping her tone calm and non-judgmental. While she had nothing against tattoos she hadn't ever thought before about where they could be, or what. Now she had been forced to contend with a realm of possibilities. That pandora's box had been shut very quickly in her mind.

Was that what the Dragon got up to over winter when trapped in their mountains? She could hardly believe their samurai population was so supposedly small if that was the case.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 3:32 am 

"I suppose it is a bit of an adventure at that." One he wasn't sure he would partake in himself. "Mine are on my arms and chest, but still it's not something you really show off in public."

"Suppose I'll get some on my back one day though."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 3:36 am 

“Do you wear garments at home or sea to display them? It does seem a shame to hide the art one worked so hard on,”

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 4:00 am 

"Is that an indirect way of asking if my tab drops below my neckline- Matsu-sama?" Osamu asked, his tone perhaps a little teasing.

"You'd be right though, the way you dress on a ship isn't really what a lot of samurai would call appropriate. Loose clothing like kimono and robes are likely as not to get in your way on a ship, so a lot of sailors dress more practically when away from shore. So tattoos and the like see the light of day a bit more often."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 4:15 am 

If Maiya was the courtly type (which she most certainly was not) then now would have been the time a fan was whipped out, flicked open and her face covered. Covered and cooled.

Was it warmer in the common room all of a sudden? She hoped it was just the sake kicking in.

"Ano, you are both very enthusiastic on this subject. Are tattoos currently very popular around the Empire? My Clan tend to be behind, eto... what is in fashion." Maiya did her best to sound courteous and to remain a participant in the conversation. However, she was having to fan her face gently with her right hand. Her left quickly floundered for her sake cup so she could finish what remained inside of it.

Her gaze was fixed on the far wall of the room. Osamu and Mogami had both become off limits for her to look at until she felt more relaxed or the topic changed. If not, she'd be turning red.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 4:57 am 

Mogami's eyes start looking down Osamu's body, drifting lower until she shakes her head as if waking from a dream.

"Practicality is important. You certainly wouldn't want to get caught on something."

She looks over to the Kaiu.

"Truth be told, most consider tattoos somewhat odd, or even poor in taste. I think they are prudes. A little skin never hurt anyone, it isn't like your eyes can touch the flesh."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next