It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 12:05 pm

Post subject: [D7, EA] Free Spirits
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:16 am 

Having scrubbed and cleansed herself, Miwako set down a bottle and a set of cups before easing herself into the water. She only needed one cup for herself, of course, but one never knows who might join them in the baths. It had been a long journey at a wearying pace. There were sure to be many who would appreciate an opportunity to soak and relax with a little sake.

Phoenix Clan ° Shugenja ° Diminished Water Tensai ° Togashi Trained ° Tattooed ° Healer ° Light Sleeper ° Dream Hunter ° Lunatic ° Married ° Mother ° Bee Queen ° Sake Overseer ° Rainmaker ° Experienced
Status 1.0 | Glory 3.0 | Honor: What's Expected

Carries/wears: Scroll satchel, tanto, wakizashi, jade, cricket

Post subject: Re: [D7, EA] Free Spirits
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:32 am 

At the conclusion of the Dragon Clan meet-up and seeing how refreshed Iko had become after a bath, Wasako thought it was time to do the same. There was some time to hit the baths before her appearance in court thankfully. This was her first time attending a formal bathhouse, at least in recent memory. She found the whole establishment curious, especially when the waters were heated on request and by others. It did make the whole thing seem luxurious by itself. She might have been fine with just washing with cool or lukewarm water.

After the early rituals, she entered the baths and saw a familiar face there. "Oh, Isawa-san, good afternoon. I'm glad you were also able to make it safely," she said with a bow.

Character Profile • Art by Joanne Kwan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:36 am 

Washing her body thoroughly and rinsing off, having enjoyed a good scrub, Maiya had a good stretch in the washing area. She felt good. The situation in the city was worrying, but she was sure more important samurai than herself had it all in hand. The Lion were pretty capable right?

She focused on her hair next and got it clean, rinsed and brushed over the next few minutes. By the time she entered the bath portions of the facility she was radiating cleanliness. With the handful of scars on her lithe body and her brown hair it wouldn't be unthinkable to believe she was a Phoenix bushi. However, she was a Crab. As such she walked casually over to the water and stepped in without much of a care.

Noticing the other women on her approach she ventured a friendly greeting when she was settled in the water. "Konnichiwa samurai-sama. The water is good today, desho?" She lowered her head politely to both and smiled. After that she leaned back against the edge of the bath and snuggled down into the water.

A happy sigh escaped her lips. This really beat being on the Wall and scrubbing quickly in the cold water of some large wooden tub surrounded by others either watching or waiting in line.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:42 am 

She offered both women what bows she could from the bath.

"Hello, Mirumoto-sama. I'm pleased to see you arrived safely." She turned to greet the other woman. "The water is very nice. I am Isawa Miwako."

Phoenix Clan ° Shugenja ° Diminished Water Tensai ° Togashi Trained ° Tattooed ° Healer ° Light Sleeper ° Dream Hunter ° Lunatic ° Married ° Mother ° Bee Queen ° Sake Overseer ° Rainmaker ° Experienced

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:53 am 

A Phoenix? Neat. She has a tattoo too. Maybe she's even a shugenja? Sugoi.

"Nice to meet you Isawa-sama. I am Kaiu Maiya. I am a Crab bushi. My hobby is fighting." She kept her introduction short and sweet. This kept it polite.

"How do you do? Please take good care of me." She adds formally with a quick dip of her head. After that she closed her eyes for a few moments to once again bask in the brilliant warmth of the water.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:09 am 

"Pleased to meet you, Kaiu-san," she said bowing to the other samurai here. "I am Mirumoto Wasako of the Northern Wall Mountains. My hobby is...fighting too, sometimes."

She paused to consider her words afterwards. Was that a Crab thing? It was probably best to follow with custom.

With introductions out of the way, she would join the women in the baths as well. She paused to take in the sensation of the baths, it was very organized and orderly, far different than any mountain onsen she had been used to. "I am well, thank you. I'm glad finally have a bath, probably even better than it's a warm one and in a bathhouse. How about you, Kaiu-san?"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:36 am 

Oh! Maybe we can fight each other? That'd be fun. Maiya sat up as she instantly began paying more attention. It was really satisfying for her to learn that it wasn't just the Crab and the Lion that liked fighting. Maybe the Dragon weren't so different after all?

"A cold bath is a poor bath indeed. I do not like cold baths. This bath is nice and warm and the bathhouse is very tidy and welcoming. I like the atmosphere here." She stopped and looked down to think about why. Why did she like it here?

It occurred to her after a few seconds. "... It is peaceful." She explained, looking up to the Mirumoto. "It reminds me of my family home."

The Crab bushi placed her hands in her lap as she finally noticed Wasako had some grey hairs. "Sorry, I will be quiet now Mirumoto-sama." Respect your elders.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:45 am 

"I have something you both might like." Miwako motioned to the bottle and sake cups. "A drink among new friends?"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:57 am 

Having gone quiet, but keen to accept a sudden offer of sake, Maiya glanced to the Dragon to respond. If she refused then hopefully Miwako would offer twice more!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:33 am 

Upon seeing Maiya's more alert stance, she had almost wondered if she was going to lept up and wrestle her. However, she was glad that wasn't the case, even if it was rumoured that the Crab were more inclined to wrestle. "That's fine, no need to be quiet. I think we're all open to conversation here," she said as the looked to Miwako to confirm that point.

"...Do you have many bathhouses in the Crab lands? How about onsen?" she asked with genuine curiosity, recalling a conversation she had in an onsen recently in fact.

"Oh..." she said regarding the offer of sake and smiled sheepishly with a wave of her hand. "I don't really drink, but thank you for the offer. Perhaps, Kaiu-san?"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:42 am 

"Are you certain?" she asked. "It's Yasuki made, from a sake house I've become associated with."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:02 am 

Wasako smiled shyly and gave a wave of her hand once more. "Sumimasen...I'm sure it's very nice sake but that's something that I do not partake in my path. I would be happy if both of you did partake in my stead, however."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:10 am 

Maybe with enough sake flowing there might be wrestling, but probably not. Maiya had discovered she could drink most non-Crab under the table.

"H-hai." Maiya had responded as the Mirumoto gave permission for her to speak. At the question she looked up to recall the similarities. "There are bathhouses in the settlements, but not near the wall. We have some onsen, hai." She answered right to the point.

Then came the gift giving ceremony! Yasuki made? Wow! It has to be good. Maiya was anxiously awaiting the result yet the Dragon kept trying to pull her into the exchange. As it was weird to have a gift exchange with three people she kept her mouth shut. Would she have to refuse twice as well, or was it once each? As Wasako had refused twice already did that meant she was meant to accept? Nope, too confusing!

Only with great reluctance did she speak up when it was obvious they were waiting for her to say something. "Ano, it looks like very good sake and I really like Yasuki sake, but eto... It's too generous. I would not want you to waste it on someone like me."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:15 am 

"Paths change." she looked at the tattoos on her forearms. "Often in ways you don't expect."

She grinned a bit as she began to fill the cups.

"Think of it as a taste of home, Kaiu-san."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:18 am 

"Ano, hai." She tried to think of something good to say, but all she could find was the honest truth. "With pleasure. Arigatou gozaimasu." The Phoenix was filling her cups already so that was surely a good sign.

Maiya remained sitting straight up, hands on her knees.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:22 am 

She gave a few sound nods regarding the Crab's capabilities for onsen and bathhouses, perhaps a point they could return to later. But, what did the Yogo say about them having the softest pillows?

"Hai..." she said at first when given a glance at the tattoos. "I suppose I could take a ceremonial cup but I will advise that Isawa keeps the remainder of the sake for herself and of course, Kaiu-san here. Perhaps she would be more appreciated of a taste close to home?"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:28 am 

She handed each their cup before picking up her own.

"I think this may give each of us thoughts of home."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:37 am 

"That would be nice." Maiya agreed cheerfully as she received her cup. She flashed Wasako a quick toothy smile that may as well have been 'victory, we did it!' for how obvious her thoughts were.

Holding her cup steadily in her right hand she waited so as not to drink first. "I try not to think about some parts of home too much, but the sake has always been really good." She added earnestly.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:47 am 

She took the cup she was offered with a bow of her head and held the cup with both hands like it was very much a ceremonial cup. There was a curious glance given to Maiya for a moment, finding it a bit peculiar at first but she supposed that this was indeed very good sake if she was so glad to have it.

"...There must be some good parts of home, at least? Like the baths you mentioned?" she looked to Crab curiously.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:22 am 

"Eto, hai. The Kaiu forges are always busy and interesting, and the food is tasty and filling." The Crab responded earnestly.

"Kampai, ne?" Lifting her cup in one hand she had a small sip. It was good! She smacked her lips together and nodded repeatedly in approval.

"This is nostalgic after months away from home."