It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 3:39 pm

Post subject: (D7 LM, Scorpion Embassy) The Run Down
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:14 am 

Sukima let out a long breath. The bath earlier had helped center her, break her out of the place she had been where just putting one foot in front of the other was all she could do. Now was time to get down to business. Her Clan and family needed her... as did her former family. She couldn't afford a total breakdown.

So she had tea brought and waited for the highest ranked Scorpion she knew of to be among them at the moment.

Post subject: Re: (D7 LM, Scorpion Embassy) The Run Down
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:11 am 

Yukinaga received the summons early in the morning and made his way toward the Scorpion embassy dressed in his nicest kimono and wearing his mempo as he does during any formal engagement.

He announced himself to the servant outside and was led to where Sukima was waiting to receive him. He bowed low and remained there as he greeted her "Yogo-sama, this one is Bayushi Yukinaga and named here to serve you in whatever way I can." He said in a strong confident tone.

Carries: Daisho, Tanto
When appropriate: Light Armor and yumi with arrows

Theme Profile

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:10 pm 

Sukima herself is dressed in layers of white. The fabric is beautiful, but clearly meant as mourning garb. She nodded to him as her entered. "Welcome, Bayushi-san. I am Yogo Sukima. Please, come in and join me. Would you like some tea?"

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:06 pm 

He straightened and nodded "Hai some tea would be nice, thank you Yogo-sama." He sat across from her. He looked to her and appreciated what he saw, she was a uniquely beautiful woman but he maintained his On of neutrality as he continued "What can I do for you this morning Yogo-sama?"

Theme Profile

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:24 pm 

She poured the tea for both of them, taking a sip before settling back. "I would like you to fill be in on our activities as Toshi no Omoidoso, and report anything I might need to know. I'm afraid I was... otherwise occupied then."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:37 am 

"Thank you Yogo-sama. So far we have done little and been given little guidance by Shosuro-ue on things to use our effort for." He tool a sip of tea before continuing "Bayushi Degarashi-san seemed to have a deal worked out with the Kasuga but that point is largely mute now that we are away from the docks. Bayushi Sukekage was running surveillance and recon around the city. He believes Bayushi Kiku to be a possible traitor or at least operating in her own set of goals as of yet unknown to us."

He paused to take a deep breath before diving back into his report "I had been assessing the city's defensibility and tactical advantages while also coordinating our efforts and centralizing intelligence. Shosuro Sara-San was talking about doing a play with a Phoenix man Kashiwagi-sama and also using her contacts to gather information. The day we left Yogo Aya, Bayushi Norikami and myself slayed a beast from the Shadowlands but we were forced to seek shelter in the city and then evacuate before we could root out the cause as to why such a creature was this far north."

Finally done he bowed his head "I believe that is the sun of our actions of relevance thus far Yogo-sama."

Theme Profile

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:56 pm 

She resists the urge to give a sour look.

We have to deal with another Shosuro daimyo... Wonderful.

"I will look into Bayushi Kiku, as well, then," she said, rubbing her head a little. "When I was at Kyuden Agasha, there was a Bloodspeaker near that court. The fact that there's more people and creatures like that this far north surprises me less now."

She frowned. "The one thing I can agree on with the Steel Chrysanthemum is this: there are traitors amongst us, and they're well hidden."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:04 pm 

He nodded and listened when she spoke about the Pretender his lips flattened slightly, forming a more hard line but he said nothing.

"Yes...I am sure there are some who foolishly believe this is a time to seize opportunity for themselves at the cost of the empire. We should root them out as quickly as possible."

Theme Profile

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:44 pm 

"Don't misunderstand - I might be the person right now the most eager for his defeat," she explained. "And he's one of those seizing opportunities for themselves."

"Chaos brings the problem people into the light. They see opportunity and get sloppy. We need to keep an eye out for that moment of weakness."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:07 am 

He relaxed slightly at her words "Indeed he is, an opportunist and a traitor. Just know that I am at your disposal for any tasks I am fit to carry out." He paused for a moment "do you have any plans you need help with?"

Theme Profile

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:27 am 

"Not just yet... I prefer to observe for a little while before getting started on that," she replied, brushing imaginary dust from her lap. "For now, the other Clans seem to remain... close enough to united against the threat, which is my main concern."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:40 am 

He nodded "understandable Yogo-sama our unity in these trying times is paramount. I agree."

He took a sip of tea "How have you been? All things considered of course?"

Theme Profile

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:23 pm 

Does one answer that honestly or fully politely?

The redhead looked down at herself, then up at him. "It's a bit difficult to separate how I am from recent events. I lost family I cared about a great deal. I suppose the best I can say is that I have a handle on it," she said with a soft sigh before taking a sip of her tea.

"And yourself?"

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:44 pm 

He nodded "I am sorry to hear that Yogo-sama, these are indeed difficult times." He hadn't lost anyone important but he had in the past, he could sympathize somewhat.

Now the hard part for him, things had been going fairly well but to display such joy in the face of someones tragedy seemed crass "Considering the situation I have been, well. Meeting my betrothed for the first time recently was a bright spot in a rather dull to ugly timeline of events."

Theme Profile