It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 3:32 pm

Post subject: Your princess is in another embassy(D7 EE Dragon embassy)
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:05 pm 

(Closed!)

It had been a long couple of days, and while Homura had done her best to help everyone as best she could, there was one she hadn't had as much chance to talk to as others. So, she located the Dragon embassy. Marveling at how it doesn't seem to be very different to the others (she expected something befitting the Dragon), and had a note sent to Agasha Poemu to say she has come to see her.

Post subject: Re: Your princess is in another embassy(D7 EE Dragon embassy
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:19 pm 

Soon the servant returned and guided Homura to where Poemu was staying. While many of her status were staying in the castle, Poemu had wanted to remain close to the other Dragon. It meant far less room, but it comforted her.

Homura was given a bow as she entered, Poemu smiling warmly, but with a tiredness evident in the expression. "Homura-san, konbon-wa. I am gladdened to see you made it, though I had noticed you this morning. Shall I order some tea, perhaps a small meal?"

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:38 pm 

Homura gave the room a quick look before looking back at Poemu with a warm smile and a bow.

"It is always wonderful to be in your company Poemu-sama, good evening. I am yet to enjoy my evening meal, so tea and a meal would be lovely thank you. I hope you are well?"

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:46 pm 

With a nod, the Agasha sent the servant off for the meal, then sat at the table, motioning for Homura to join her. "I am as well as I can be given the circumstances. It was quite the journey here, but I'm not unfamiliar with such treks. Seppun-sama was a bit worn out by the end, and I believe a bit sore from riding, but we both made it in one piece."

"What of your own journey Homura-san?"

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:59 pm 

"It was a long journey, but thankfully an uneventful one. If the enemy had gotten wind of it, I don't know how it would have gone" Homura took the offered seat with a nod "I am unaccustomed to such long marches, and even more so through icy rain that seemed to follow us the whole way. I would like to believe it was some manner of cover, not a bad omen, but it was not enjoyable. I'm glad to hear both you and Seppun-sama have gotten through it."

Homura stretched.

"Mmmh, I'm going to sleep well tonight! How come you have chosen to reside here? Someone of your prestige would be welcome in the castle. Why, I would even give up my residence to you, and I had got it just right!"

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:08 pm 

The Agasha shook her head softly. "As welcoming as the Governor was when we all arrived, I wanted to be here in case any of my clanmates had any troubles or issues. I felt bad traveling here without them, though it was a hectic exit from Toshi no Omoidoso. Besides, I am certain there are plenty of wounded that could be tended to in the castle instead of my taking up more room/"

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:02 pm 

"Hai, that is true" Homura nodded "I can suggest this to the daimyo, although I believe she's quite excited by the new people she has to entertain, so it may take some time for the suggestion to make it to the appropriate people. I'm certain your kin understood your position, there is a certain expectation that goes with the prestige of status, ne?"

Homura chuckled.

"The offer remains should you wish to take residence in the castle though I'm sure. Or, failing that, I can just come and stay here, to help build the Dragon-Lion relations that have been growing very quickly during these times."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:27 pm 

"I quite realize what is expected of me, but these are different times indeed. If this were a winter court or a formal visit, I would stay in the castle indeed. As it is, I am not really in the mood to be entertained, and would see whatever privilege I have used to the benefit of those that were wounded on the way here."

She paused and gave a weak smile, but said nothing as tea was brought in and poured for both of them. She took a sip of tea before she finally spoke again. "Arigato for your offer, both of them Homura-san. I think the embassy will be quite crowded enough unfortunately. You are always welcome to stop by of course, for as long as we are here. I am not certain that will be long though, not unless and army shows up that wasn't at Toshi no Omoidoso."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:30 am 

Homura waited for the tea was brought in and served before speaking again.

"I understand, I really do. You continue to impress me Poemu-sama, there are many who would still take the benefits of status even during these times where one should be closer to their kin, yet you continue to be very down to earth in your approach. Maybe if others saw things as you did, we would have less situations like a single clan being cut out of discussions that affect the Empire as a whole."

Homura took a moment to pick up her cup, just enjoying the warmth as she held it.

"You're right, I don't think it will be long before the gates are under siege again. I'm glad that you were save during that however, while I...learnt a new skill" she chuckled, shaking her head "an unexpected boon I suppose."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:13 pm 

That brought a curious look onto the Agasha's face. "A new skill? Consider myself intrigued Homura-san. You'd tell me about it?"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:17 pm 

"Well, the morning of the fighting was the first time I tried using a bow. Being a girl of the courts, I haven't had a reason to learn Kyujutsu."

Homura took a moment to sip the tea that she had been holding for warmth.

"Matsu Mogami-sama spent some time that morning educating me on the correct way to use it, although I missed every shot. When the attacks happened though, I lined up alongside other more experienced archers, stemming the tide that was approaching us. I didn't miss my shots then" she grinned "it appears I am a natural at anything I try."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:05 pm 

Poemu smiled at that softly. "Ah, Matsu Mogami-san. Hai, I was in the dojo in Toshi no Omoidoso once, and she was offering to train others in kyujutsu in fact. I did no go out to watch, but I do not imagine she would offer to teach and not be skilled."

She paused, that smile turning to a concerned frown. "Ano... there was another Matsu present that was quite hot-blooded indeed. She seemed to know you quite well, and grow worked up over mention of you, for good and for ill. I do not quite remember... ano... Matsu Misaki I believe it was?"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:16 pm 

"Matsu Mogami-sama is a very talented woman, and one worth watching for the future. She will do great things I'm sure" Homura smiled, although the smile faltered slightly as Misaki was mentioned.

"Ah....hai. Matsu Misaki-sama. She is the typical Matsu in every kind of way. I knew her from before my gempukku, when a little and perhaps overconfident Ikoma Homura decided to test her talents on a visiting Matsu woman, who returned the favour by demonstrating the talents of the Matsu." Homura rubbed her arm at the memory. "It appears I left quite an impression on her, despite not seeing her for five years. She approached me during the march as well."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:09 am 

The concerned look did not disappear. "Oh? I would be interested to hear how that went Homura-san. Only if you feel you could share, of course."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:04 pm 

"Well, Matsu Misaki-sama was visiting the city I was studying at. She had come to the dojo to see my senseI think, I don't really know why. I was only twelve as the time" Homura chuckled "as the confident person I've always been, I approached her to talk to her. Playing a game of courtiers with a Matsu, playing her words. She uh...lost her temper and hit me hard, throwing me over. I got up and kept going. She did it again. Nearly broke my arm!"

Homura shrugged.

"Sensei's got involved. I got sent to my room, Misaki was sent to somewhere else. I saw her again that evening and talked with her a little, and that morning she left in a hurry. Didn't see or hear from her again."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:38 pm 

"Until now." Poemu nodded softly. "I trust the meeting on the journey here was less... violent?"

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:18 pm 

"Hai" Homura nodded "although she spent a part of it glaring daggers at Seppun Horonigai-sama after Seppun-sama gracefully brought me an extra layer to wear. I had to distract Matsu-sama in case she did something less than wise."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:22 pm 

Poemu looked softly surprised. "Is that so? Strange that I was traveling with Seppun-sama, but did not know she went off to see you. Perhaps while I slept for a bit. I don't imagine I would have helped the situation much though."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:28 pm 

"Perhaps. Seppun-sama was more of a passing by giving out clothes rather than saying and chatting" Homura chuckled "it was a very surreal sight. I'm glad that you were not put into any danger though, I need to...deal with this concerning obsession Matsu-sama has. It's not healthy for her nor for the Lion in general."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:34 pm 

Poemu nodded softly. "Seppun-sama and I did all we could for those fleeing the city. She had enough things with her that I'm hardly surprised if she was giving out clothing, even to other samurai. She has a good heart and honorable spirit, but I believe she is a bit too bold sometimes."

She paused. "...Do be careful Homura-san. I know you to be skilled in word and deed, but Matsu-san does not seem to be one to listen to words, and seems no worse at deeds."