It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 12:06 pm

Post subject: Go horse! [D3, Early Night] (OPEN)
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:40 am 

(expecting, but feel free to join)

A lot of stuff to carry. A lot. Horonigai took quite some time at the stables making sure she would have everything brought to the next city. Unlike the way she fled Morikage Toshi.

The poor pony though, wasn't strong enough to carry everything she needed, and herself. Horonigai decides as a commander would: can't do without resources.

She takes the horse on a leash, and moves forward on foot: straggling behind the others that had already left.

Gear: daisho, another classy fan, another extravagant furisode (or plain kimono and hakama), silk umbrella, jade obi dome (pendant), golden kushi kanzashi (head comb).
Duty/Outside: Armor Up!

Post subject: Re: Go horse! [D3, Early Night] (OPEN)
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:05 pm 

Poemu had left the castle with Horonigai, and she fretted the whole time as the Seppun girl packed. She had finished her own packing within minutes, having a minimal amount of belongings with her. She had even ended up taking some of Horonigai's things and packing them onto her own horse, just to help relieve the poor pony that the Imperial had been given.

As they made their way toward the gate, she stopped and climbed off her horse with a sigh. "Seppun-sama, let's get a few more items off your steed and onto mine. If you end up walking the entire way, you will be slowed down quite considerably."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:25 am 

"Gomen, gomen." Pleas the Seppun. "I'm such a nuisance. I don't deserve your help, Agasha-san. You're too kind to me."

Horonigai stops again, trying to fetch items to put on the other horse. That would take ages to get accomplish at this point.

Gear: daisho, another classy fan, another extravagant furisode (or plain kimono and hakama), silk umbrella, jade obi dome (pendant), golden kushi kanzashi (head comb).

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:09 am 

Poemu was more than willing to help move things, especially as she was more used to packing a horse. She allowed no indecision, making the task Swift and precise.

Once they were done, Poemu helped Horonigai up onto her horse, looking a bit worn after it all. "Un. Do you think you can ride Seppun-sama, or should I lead your horse with mine?"

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:45 pm 

"Arigatou gozaimashita, neh!" She bows in thanks once she sees everything so neatly packed and distributed. The Seppun actually puts both hands on her waist observing it all as if appreciating a victory in battle.

Once 'pushed' atop the horse, the Seppun nods. "I guess I can try to ride, if you don't go running around."

She wonders, "How... can you lead this horse with yours?"

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:55 pm 

"I won't ride ahead Seppun-sama, have no worries." She smiled faintly as she climbed onto her own horse. Riding over, she took a lead rope she had borrowed and tied one end to Horonigai's horse's bridle. She held it as she motioned her own pony forward, giving a natural command for the Seppun's to follow.

"This should keep us together Seppun-sama. Your horse seems well trained, so it shouldn't be much trouble."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:55 pm 

"Yosh!" She nods with positive energy. "It is well trained, hai. I rode this morning with it while getting the refugees to a safer place. Wasn't actually riding, though. More like, going with the flow. It was during daylight, too. Much better to be attached to your horse now that we are traveling at night."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:52 am 

"With all the weight on both horses, we will have to go at a slow pace, even when the day dawns." She paused, then looked back at Horonigai. "That, and I may stop every so often, if I see someone that needs help. I trust I have your blessing in that Seppun-sama?"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:27 am 

"Hai!" She replies as if receiving a command from her sensei. The Seppun smiles back to Poemu. "I'm glad I have this pony to travel this time. It is incredible how miserable our situation is right now. One could thing this is the bottom of the pit. But it is not: three days ago, the situation was even worse."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:35 am 

"Ano... perhaps it is my training speaking, but I don't believe this is even near the bottom yet Seppun-sama. Indeed, seeing all the people working together has made me think that things will work out for the better in the end. What is it they say again? The light shines brightest at the dawn?" She adjusted her hat and cloak as they rode out the gate. The rain was coming down hard, and if it weren't for the lanterns others carried, it would have been nearly impossible to see.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:50 pm 

She inhales deeply, and opens up, "For me, the bottom has been reached the day I had Hantei's blood in my hands, and I couldn't do a thing."

Hotonigai looks to the lantern, "I hope for her light to shine brighter soon."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:21 pm 

Poemu just gave a small nod of sympathy. "I understand, Seppun-sama. Then I will pray that you find that light you seek, the same I already see in many things."

Guiding both of their horses carefully along the road, she murmured softly.
"I could at the very least use the light of Lady Sun. This rain at night gets even me down."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:06 pm 

"Ha!" Horonigai tells her pony, trying to get nearer to listen better.

"Yo!" She tries again at no avail.

Irritated, she shouts to the animal.

"BANZAI!"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:00 pm 

Poemu giggled, then tisked, slowing her horse and guiding Horonigai's so that it was riding alongside her own. It slowed them a bit, but for the moment, that was all right. "You don't need to yell at the poor thing Seppun-sama. A little nudge with the heel, or a tug of the lead, usually does it. I'll just keep us together until the morning, hai?"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:31 pm 

"Un!" She nods to not yelling. "Un!" She nods again at little nudge on the heel. "Hai" She confirms the tug of the lead –– which she actually does tug.

And they her pony starts to go a tad faster, which makes Poemu's pony follow up.

Horonigai wiggles her eyesbrows to Poemu. Happy and proud of her success. "You were saying?"

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:01 am 

Still having a grip on the tie to Horonigai's steed, Poemu slowed them again to a canter. "You are a fast learner Seppun-sama, but let us stay slow for now. In the dark, one must be careful, or a horse could injure themselves."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 2:03 pm 

She wants to dart forward not that she just got more trust. But, all things on their time. Horonigai nods to Poemu and keeps the pace. "Ne, Agasha-san. Please, call me by my name, if you prefer."

The Seppun straightens herself up the saddle and looks back to the flag attached to the pony. "I have to write it on this sashimono. I am terrible in calligraphy, though. My characters did not evolve since I was a kid. Shame on me..."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:36 pm 

Poemu gave a sardonic smirk, which was fairly well lost in the darkness. "Of course Seppun-sama, after you use mine."

"I am not well trained in calligraphy either unfortunately. I don't believe my skills poor, but I most certainly could not do much better." She always took her time when writing. Her husband softly teased her that her letters always seemed so cautious.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:17 am 

"I'm so useless with the pen." She complains a bit with a frown. "Which skills do you think you're best at?"

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:11 am 

Poemu was thoughtful a moment. "... I suppose that I'm best with my words. Being courteous, empathetic, the skills of a courtier." She paused, smiling softly. "And to help the common people too, when I can."