It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:06 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 165 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: The evacuation part 2 (D3 LN open)
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:59 am 

Degarashi raised an eyebrow. "Everything is but a promise until acted upon, is it not, Aya-sama?"

He did, after a beat, bow more deeply to Horonigai. "I do apologize for the intrusion, Seppun-sama, but my busy schedule has prevented me from checking in with my fellows after a rather... difficult morning, let's say. I meant no offense."

Typically carries: Wakizashi, parchment and charcoal, at least one medicine kit, a dark grey blanket, rope and grappling hook

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:08 am 

Bayushi Degarashi wrote:
He did, after a beat, bow more deeply to Horonigai. "I do apologize for the intrusion, Seppun-sama, but my busy schedule has prevented me from checking in with my fellows after a rather... difficult morning, let's say. I meant no offense."
She nods her head positively to confirm, while saying, "No offense taken, Bayushi-san. Thank you for minding it."

Yogo Aya wrote:
"Oh him? Ah, he did not give me his name to refer to him by. I'll admit, from a distance, he somewhat matches the description of Asako Kashiwagi, Hero of the Empire, The Slayer of Shogi, albiet a bit shorter and more tattooed. But I'm sure he has people mistaking him for Asako Kashiwagi all the time, I'm sure he must be tired of hearing that name."

Horonigai repeats the same curious head tilt. "S-Slayer of Shogi? Nani?"

Gear: daisho, another classy fan, another extravagant furisode (or plain kimono and hakama), silk umbrella, jade obi dome (pendant), golden kushi kanzashi (head comb).
Duty/Outside: Armor Up!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:15 am 

Seppun Horonigai wrote:
Horonigai repeats the same curious head tilt. "S-Slayer of Shogi? Nani?"

Aya nods enthusiastically.

"Has Seppun-sama not heard that story? I'm sure Degarshi-san could tell it better than I. Apparently, there was this incredibly wicked maho-tsukai who ate an Otomo to take his form, and then attempted to enslave the Empire through a fiendish game known only as 'Shogi'. Asako Kashiwagi, Hero of the Empire, saw through the maho-tsukai's evil games, and burned him to death with nothing but a raised eyebrow." she offered.

Theme Song

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:22 am 

"And, as a result," Degarashi chimed in, "shogi itself was declared heretical and banned from the empire, if my recollection is correct." He chuckled softly. "Banning a game that has little to do with the heretical event itself. I can respect that notion." He paused for a beat, glancing at Aya before flicking his gaze towards a riderless horse and wagging his eyebrows. "I don't, but I do believe I'm capable of it."

Typically carries: Wakizashi, parchment and charcoal, at least one medicine kit, a dark grey blanket, rope and grappling hook

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:23 am 

Internally he smiled at the fate of Uzu-make, alas, he knew him well. Not really but he did take some satisfaction at his ending, after the fact.

Still discussion of such topics was a bit improper, with Imperials at least.

Status: 4.0 | Glory: 10.0 | Infamy: .4 | Honor: Untrustworthy
Carried: Wakizashi, Black Fancy Clothing, Chop, Writ of the Asako Inquisitors, Maho Warding Amulet, Jade Amulet, Trash Queen (Tabby Cat)

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:28 am 

"Sokka..."

The Seppun looks up, checking up if it sounded solid. It did. Putting people on fire was something Horonigai herself felt form the Asako. Literally in the flesh.

"Ne," Horonigai changes topic, "what Yogo-san tought of Bayushi-san's performance earlier today?"

Gear: daisho, another classy fan, another extravagant furisode (or plain kimono and hakama), silk umbrella, jade obi dome (pendant), golden kushi kanzashi (head comb).

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:33 am 

Aya lifts an eyebrow at that. Fortunately, Seppun-sama does not catch on fire.

"Seppun-samai is putting me on the spot. Seppun-sama wishes me to give Degarshi-san feedback right to his face?" she says, looking very seriously at the actor.

Theme Song

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:36 am 

Degarashi looked back at Aya, unflinchingly. "There is no great art which does not attract great criticism, and few are as critical or honest as you, Aya-sama. Your input would be quite valuable."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:51 am 

Bayushi Degarashi wrote:
Degarashi looked back at Aya, unflinchingly. "There is no great art which does not attract great criticism, and few are as critical or honest as you, Aya-sama. Your input would be quite valuable."

"Hmm, well if Seppun-sama demands it, then I must bow to the will of Seppun-sama." she muses.

"The audience was quite....lively we shall say, but let us start from the beginning....the first tale was the drunk hida couple yes? Degarshi-san's voice work, sound effects, and blocking were all excellent. The joke itself....was ok. An old joke, told in a new way to try and give it new life, but people seemed to enjoy it well enough."

Theme Song

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:53 am 

The Imperial girl nods in agreement. Yet, stays quiet to listen further.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:56 am 

Degarashi nodded quietly. "The beginning of a performance is rarely the best place to introduce new material. If it does poorly, it affects the rest of the show."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:58 am 

"Let's see, the second one was the Imperial senseless story." she says, deliberately using the wrong word.

"Excellent attention to non-important details to distract the audience, excellent timing. The voicework, there was something familiar about the Miya...." she said glancing briefly at Seppun-sama.

"But not too familiar. Certainly not improperly familiar. It would suffice to say that it was a voice that one could clearly identify as Imperial." she remarks. "Overall, quite amusing."

Theme Song

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:01 am 

Horonigai narrows her eyes, but then smiles. She remains silent, still.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:03 am 

"The third story was more notable for it's boldness of choice given the audience than the inherent humor of it. Men have been dueled for much slighter perceived offenses. But if an artist is not bold, are they truly an artist?" she poses.

Theme Song

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:07 am 

Degarashi chuckles, glancing briefly towards Horonigai. "Truly, I took a slight risk with that particular portrayal, but meant it more as an homage than as an insult. I found the accent," Degarashi glanced into the middle of nowhere, implying that he could be talking about anyone, "endearing."

He shook himself, then laughed lightly at Aya's next assessment. "Yes, I expected more reticence to that one. I wrote it after some frustrations arose regarding indecision."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:10 am 

Aya nodded.

"Ah, and then the great tragedy occurred when Degarshi-san lost control of his fan and sent it hurtling in to the audience. So surprising, he'd shown such adroit manipulation of it for the entire show. Fortunately, the loud-mouthed Bayushi who was talking over the entire show was not seriously injured, and I believe you got your fan back without major damage to it." she said.

Sure. Accident.

Theme Song

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:13 am 

"That was extremely dangerous of Bayushi-san." The Imperial maiden nods, but doesn't say which action it was, out of the last three they mentioned.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:18 am 

Degarashi turned to Horonigai, eyes glittering. "Dangerous indeed, Seppun-sama, but one rarely acquires any level of satisfaction without sufficient risk." He gesture towards Aya by way of example, to forestall any thought that his attention might be directed elsewhere.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:26 am 

"Let's see, the next story, was expertly performed, and was truly only a performance a Scorpion would attempt." she muses. "And then the final story which was just oblique enough to give Degarshi-san enough time to get off stage before too many had too much time to think of it."

"Overall, a fairly quality performance. Degarshi-san's skill as a performer is quite strong, but he could use some better material to draw from."

She sighed.

"My apologies Seppun-sama, I do not think such words sufficiently destroyed Degarshi-san to make Seppun-sama's will manifest."

Theme Song

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:44 am 

The Asako hero approached now having finished seen to the other travelers and said, “Minna-sama, it seems I missed a rather spirited conversation. Shame, my duties are never ending. Did I hear something about a performance?”

Status: 4.0 | Glory: 10.0 | Infamy: .4 | Honor: Untrustworthy
Carried: Wakizashi, Black Fancy Clothing, Chop, Writ of the Asako Inquisitors, Maho Warding Amulet, Jade Amulet, Trash Queen (Tabby Cat)

TN 0 to be Recognized.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 165 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next