It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 1:45 pm

Post subject: D3 EE - A Calm among the Storm
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:38 am 

The rain fell from the heavens with the pounding of a drum beat upon every surface it hit, the battle raged outside the castle walls as the armies clashed and fought.

But here, in this small little garden a lone Dragon sat beneath a plum tree, water cascading over the sides of her jingasa, leaves tossed upon the wind and her hair flying around her face.

But she was one with the universe as she contemplated....well, whatever it was that people like her thought about.

D3 EE Meditation. 5 raises TN45 VP Luck reroll: 9d10o10k6 52

Carries: Daisho, Yumi (where appropriate)
Description

Post subject: Re: D3 EE - A Calm among the Storm
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:26 pm 

Having just arrived only two days before, the evacuation order was easy to fulfill and his things were ready for the long rainy march. He had spread the word among the Phoenix and found himself back in the garden ready to go, well his things were dry at the staging point but as ready as he could be.

Someone nearly as famous as he was, for all the wrong reasons of course but here it was. He waited until she recovered from her coma enlightenment and then said, “I trust the Dragon are meditating on the evacuation, ahead. Idyllic spot if not for the approaching army of slaughter bearing down us, one could almost feel at home here.”

Status: 4.0 | Glory: 10.0 | Infamy: .4 | Honor: Untrustworthy
Carried: Wakizashi, Black Fancy Clothing, Chop, Writ of the Asako Inquisitors, Maho Warding Amulet, Jade Amulet, Trash Queen (Tabby Cat)

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:31 am 

It took Iko quite a while to be broken from her tranquility, but when she did and looked up to see Kashiwagi, she smiled simply as she rose smoothly to her feet.

"Duty actually." Iko replied simply as she looked over to her kit, undercover but still wrapped in waterproof canvas.

"If one meditates only in serene surroundings, one will never know if you found your calm, or if it was just there waiting for you already. But yes, it is a pretty garden."

"Can I help you Asako-sama?" Iko asks, familiar enough with how their last interaction proceeded that she had her concerns already for why Kashiwagi would want to talk to her.

Description

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:40 am 

"I doubt it, just saw an interesting meditative technique and was intrigued. Plus plenty of young samurai have been telling tales of the Kenku swordswoman, or some nonsense," he responded with a shrug.

Carried: Wakizashi, Black Fancy Clothing, Chop, Writ of the Asako Inquisitors, Maho Warding Amulet, Jade Amulet, Trash Queen (Tabby Cat)

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:45 am 

"Is that a method the Inquisitors use to relieve themselves after a heavy day's work then, meditation?" Iko asked as she removed her hat for a moment, tilting her face to the sky to let the rain wash down over it before replacing the hat.

"Surely one of your station has better things to do than listen to idle gossip Asako-sama. Unless you are looking to add study of these avian creatures to your repertoire? Planning a sequel to Echoes?"

Description

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:58 am 

"Idle gossip is hardly idle, there are truths laced within the whispers," he said palming the falling rain.

"Collect enough gossip and some truth is bound to be found."

He dumped out the water from his palm and added, "Meditation is a common tool for focusing the mind, for Phoenix or Dragon alike."

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:05 am 

"Too true, it is a valuable practice to keep one's soul, body and mind in equilibrium." Iko agreed as she watched Kashiwagi closely. Whenever her blades were more than arms reach from her, Iko always became a little more unsettled.

"Well I can confirm part of your gossip. I came across a Moto and a Shiba in this garden looking to impress the Kenku with a poor kabuki-esque fight scene."

Description

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:09 am 

"The Moto, is that the child with a voice that even the Heavens can hear?" he responded calmly.

"You stay in top form, I hope you showed them the proper way to woo a kenku," he mused.

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:18 am 

Kashiwagi's choice of words, elicited a raised eyebrow from Iko, but she didn't think it was malicious, although it reminded her of the rumors that floated around about why she went with the Kenku all those years ago and set her slightly on edge.

"I assume so, I haven't seen any other of the returned Ki-Rin here. I did offer to share with them what wisdom I possess on the subject, but they didn't return. I guess I'm not as compelling of an instructor as some."

Description

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:27 am 

"A pity, who could turn down a chance to train with the famed Togashi Iko?" he said wistfully.

"Famous and infamous in near equal measure."

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:36 am 

"We will all be judged for the deeds we commit in this life, when we leave it. If any mortals think themselves fit to judge me, they are welcome to do so - at their own peril."

Iko wobbles her hands like impromptu scales.

"Famous, infamous. It's all in the telling of the story. Surely as the husband of one of the Empire's foremost authors, you've seen how the story can swing public opinion."

Description

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:40 am 

"She does know how to write a tale, I suppose," he mused. "Speaking of husband, I swear I have yet to meet your husband, does he not travel with you?"

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:47 am 

Iko presses her hand to her breast, above her heart.

"Of course he travels with me, as I am sure Miy...Asako Chidori-sama travels with you. It is a sorrow when Duty separates us from those we love, but we are all servants of the Empire first, neh?" Iko banters back with the Inquisitor-to-be.

Description

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:10 am 

"So he exists, in your heart," he said with a dubious smirk.

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:18 am 

"Someone who didn't know you as well, Asako-sama, might think that you were trying to imply something beyond the simple interpretation of your words." Iko half spoke, half laughed.

"But we know better don't we. From the War of Broken Fangs, through the trials of Ryoko Owari, even to that...rustic wedding at Kyuden Suzume. We've seen a lot of each other over the last few years haven't we, I think you're smart enough to not make that mistake."

Description

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:41 pm 

"I mean if there is one thing that should remain the same through all of my adventures and legends is my vast intellect and I would never imply anything unpleasant with a fellow veteran without cause. I just hoped to meet the man who has captured the heart of one of the deadliest swordswomen in the Empire but alas, you will have to deliver my good wishes on my behalf,” he said with a calm tone.

“That wedding though... it was an astonishing affair.”

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:50 pm 

"If it be within my power, I will try to arrange such a meeting with my Taka-kun then, Asako-sama. Alas for the current climate that keeps us on the move. I admit to knowing little of the tactical side of warfare, but do you think we will be harried by this force all the way to the Capital? Delaying them and whittling their numbers as we can?"

Description

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:07 pm 

"Yes, if anything we may become the delaying tactic that buys time for a suitable defense of the Throne," he admitted.

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:12 pm 

"Then if our end should come in defense of the Empire, let it be glorious, neh? And if by some quirk of fate, we should survive all this perhaps we'll share a drink at the end of a long campaign." Iko spoke with a forced tone of bravado, but it was obvious she thought they were all as good as dead.

She had heard the rumors of the size of the approaching army, it dwarfed their tiny force and unless they picked up reinforcements along the way, it didn't look good.

Description

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:15 pm 

"There are moments when the Empire's fate hung in the balance on the shoulders of the few, we will suffer and eat bitterness, but I believe we will win and some of us if worthy in the eyes of the Fortunes will survive," he said confidently.

Obviously he counted himself among the worthy.

TN 0 to be Recognized.