It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 3:29 pm

Post subject: Mail Call
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 6:48 am 

As of Late Morning, D3, Doji Koushi is carrying what will most likely be the final messages to leave Toshi no Omoidasu to the port for dissemination to the rest of the Empire, assuming he makes it there alive, of course.

I have already sent pms to those from whom Koushi solicited messages. This here is a thread to share what you sent (or meant to send if the messenger hadn't got chopped up), if you choose.

Below is the Crane clan message.

Doji Koushi wrote:
Addressed to the karo of Kyuden Doji.

My lord,

I write from Toshi no Omoidasu to inform you of a tragedy. The Son of Heaven has been murdered, along with many of his servants in the Imperial Court. He was betrayed by his kinsman, his ancestor, Hantei XVI Okucheo, once known to history as the Steel Chrysanthemum. This treasonous soul was heard to demand the abdication of the Son of Heaven in a crass attempt to seize the throne by force. When our great lord refused this indignity, the villain killed him, and then commanded many of those spirits who returned to Ningen-do with him to slaughter every mortal soul in Morikage Toshi. May the Fortunes give succor to our Martyred Prince, and to those who have given their lives in his name.

Many souls have been able to seek refuge here in Toshi no Omoidasu, thanks to the efforts of many samurai to lead them over the frozen waste between the cities. I have received reports from members of our delegation that our Champion, Doji Etsuo, along with samurai of the Crab clan, fought a delaying action which bought these people, both highborn and low, time to arrive here in safety.

The Lion are determined to resist the army of Toshigoku, which must pass through us to reach its goal. We believe that goal to be Otosan Uchi. The Crane here have sworn to fight alongside the Right Hand until the Son of Heaven is avenged, or until every last one of us has joined him. This will be the last message from Toshi no Omoidasu until the heavens have revealed its fate.

Cold wind from the North
Cruel snow smothers the land
My Heart is All Fire

*Chop of Doji Koushi,
Designated Physician of the Crane Delegation to His Majesty's Imperial Court*

Carries: Daisho, Fan, Medical Bag.
Wears: Sturdy, functional clothing, Snowshoes (outdoors), light armor (where appropriate
)

Post subject: Re: Mail Call
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 7:02 am 

Did you die?

Status: 4.0 | Glory: 10.0 | Infamy: .4 | Honor: Untrustworthy
Carried: Wakizashi, Black Fancy Clothing, Chop, Writ of the Asako Inquisitors, Maho Warding Amulet, Jade Amulet, Trash Queen (Tabby Cat)

TN 0 to be Recognized.

Last edited by Asako Kashiwagi on Sun Apr 12, 2020 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 7:10 am 

Not yet! *fingers crossed*

Wears: Sturdy, functional clothing, Snowshoes (outdoors), light armor (where appropriate
)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 7:17 am 

Are the messages only going to Otosan Uchi then? Not sure who the Crab would send to in the capital.

Honor: Expected | Glory: 1.0 | Infamy 0.1 | Status: 1.0
carries: wakizashi, dice & cup, heirloom jewelry, pearl & jade necklace, tiny Daikoku statue, coin purse, hand fan, silk umbrella, bottle of Golden Carp, sake cups, personal seal

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 7:21 am 

Otosan Uchi first, and then sent on to other places from there. My letter's headed to Kyuden Doji, for example.

)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 7:23 am 

Letter sent to Asako Kiyoraka on Day 3

Asako Kiyoraka,

The kittens are so cute this year, the biggest kitten though, I am sad to say has already been vouched for. I wish you could see the kittens, they are gorgeous. I am crying with glee upon seeing them blossom. I just wish you were here to cuddle all these furballs, so soft and adorable.

Kisses and hugs from kitty heaven.

Asako Kashiwagi

Translated:
Quote:
Asako Kiyoraka,

The Emperor is dead, killed by an Emperor returned from the realm of slaughter. I was there, I saw it. To see the Emperor die, his honor guard failed him. They were infiltrated I suspect. We may need to send aid to Toshi no Omoidoso, war is coming.

We will hold the line until aid arrives, or Heaven takes us.

Asako Kashiwagi

Calligraphy Cipher to Kiyoraka - Letter: 6d10ro1o10k4 31

Carried: Wakizashi, Black Fancy Clothing, Chop, Writ of the Asako Inquisitors, Maho Warding Amulet, Jade Amulet, Trash Queen (Tabby Cat)

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 7:34 am 

A letter in wretched calligraphy sent to Moto Baatar's superior back in the Unicorn provinces:
Quote:
Honorable Lord:

The Ghost Emperor killed the regular Emperor, so things are a mess and who knows who will be Emperor now. The Lion want the Empress to run things, so Steel Flower is coming to Lionstan to kill us. If we want a say in what happens, send an army soon.

Also, it turns out orochi are real and I ran into a mīra in the woods. Otherwise things are going great.

Moto Baatar

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 7:40 am 

Letter to Asako Chidori

Honored Wife,

By now you have heard of the troubles, if not then steel yourself and know that it is true for I was there and had little chance to do anything about it. I am now in Toshi no Omoidoso and winter has yet to release its grip on the city and we have a siege inbound. I am no stranger to battle so do not worry, focus on the future and raising our children no matter the outcome.

If I do not return, make sure to light a lantern in my honor and that our child knows their father and not the hero everyone will regale him with.

With such dark business out of the way I can focus on other matters, I have not had much time to write since we were on the road fleeing Winter Court, and now having arrived I have been busy trying to aid the Empire as is expected of me. Between Mantis samurai-ko throwing themselves at me shamelessly and Scorpion daimyos throwing temper tantrums, it has been an interesting time.

When I return I may have a new tattoo sleeve, how dashing? A Dragon is begging to ink my heroic deeds on my skin, and who am I to deny such of my adoring fans… or I am just looking for something to distract myself and will regret this endeavor. We shall see. My honored cousin is here, a Lion no less. She is well enough since last we saw her, I am sure she is plotting some mischief.

Seppun Horonigai is here as well, she is morose as her family failed in their duties. Hopefully she will recover. Togashi Iko, did you meet her? Never mind, she is here as well, still alive… and also the Suzume I had to duel at Ryoko Owari is here, minus her husband maybe she is a widower, or he fled yam country, or maybe he just isn’t here… all to the good for him.

I have a surprise for you, but it will have to wait. All I can say is that it plays to the strength of your literary talents and hopefully will be to your liking. It is my gift to you, honored wife.

Tell our kin that I thrive, and I count the days till we are reunited.

Asako Kashiwagi

Calligraphy Cipher to Chidori - Letter: 6d10o10k4 31 - Fine calligraphy work.

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 1:14 pm 

Kashiwagi will turn in a bundle of letters from the Phoenix delegation including personal letters to his allies, Agasha Kadai and Tatsukichi.

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 3:12 pm 

Quote:
Ryuuta Hirako-san,

I was informed by Ryuuta-dono that all missives to Otosan Uchi should be sent to you. We have not been properly introduced yet, but I write you with urgent news. The Emperor, Hantei XXII, has been killed unjustly by Hantei XVI. He marches from Morikage Toshi in the direction of Otosan Uchi. Stories of the event are likely not embellished. I have witnessed the spirits following Hantei XVI to be brutally efficient and remorseless killers.

I am doing what I can to help with the situation in Toshi no Omoidoso. There are many refugees here, including daimyo of the Kitsu and Shosuro families, as we await the arrival of Hantei XVI's force of returned spirits. Please forward this message to Ryuuta-dono and his family. I suspect that this may be the last possibility to get messages to or from me until this situation is resolved.

[personal seal]
Ryuuta Kin

Equipment: Daisho, light armor, naga scimitar, personal seal, notebook, parchment & charcoal, ink brush kit

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:10 pm 

Suzume Chihaya wrote:
My liege.

I pen this missive from the city of Toshi no Omoidoso, with the awareness that it may be my last. A large force is moving toward the city, and we believe intends to march on the capitol. Obviously this cannot be allowed.

With this is mind, I have offered my services to the local governor - I believe this is the course you would recommend, and if I have erred in my judgment, I will accept any correction after this crisis is past. If we should fall, know that we did so honorably.

The other issue which kept me from Sparrow lands has been resolved - if I do not survive, please inform my husband that the threat posed by it no longer endangers him nor our children.

I pray I may return to serve and see the future you are bringing to our clan, but if I cannot, accept my prayers for the good fortune of the Suzume under your rule.

Your loyal subject,

-Suzume Chihaya

(Attached is a small note sealed for Suzume Hahou)

To Ha-kun,

It has been a long time since we have last met, and I pray you are in good health and fortune. I must inform you that I finally caught, interrogated, and executed the woman who had been hunting me. Her testimony was, the local Scorpion diplomats agreed, proof that she was truly insane, for the clan would, clearly, not stoop so low as to send trained assassins after anyone.

If any were to come after me now, it would cast doubt upon such assurances, so I believe they have decided they have more important matters to attend to - and do not wish to risk providing political fodder to the Imperial families by re-opening this matter. I left copies of the testimony with the Emerald office as well, so that it cannot be made to vanish.

I do not know if you have had opportunity to see our children, or return them home, I only pray that they will have the chance to meet and learn from their father - a brave and dutiful man. I do not know if I will live to return - there comes an army to the city where I am wintering, bringing war with it - but if I weather this storm, I await the day I see you, and our children, again.

Fortunes keep you.

*chop of*

-Suzume Chihaya

Profile :: Theme

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:52 pm 

Kayou sends a letter back to the Order in Sparrow Lands, giving a rough outline of the situation here and asking them to continue as they have been should she not return.

To the Togashi, a summary of her recent dreams in case they have some useful clue to the future that he might be able to decipher.

Carries: Prayer Beads, satchel with writing supplies.

Description
Art by Joanne Kwan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:00 pm 

Isawa Miwako wrote:
Yasuki Makoto-sama

As overseer of the Moon Drop Sake House, I request extra shipments be arranged to Otosan Uchi, its hub cities, Shiro Yogasha, Zumiki-Mihari, Mamoru Kyotei Toshi, Nikesake, Toshi no Omoidoso and Morikage Toshi. These locations have, or may soon, come under siege by an army of Toshigoku spirits serving the returned Hantei XVI, after his murder of Hantei XXII.

While I have no doubt that the forces of the Empire will rally around the rightful heir and his regent and defeat the spirit army, the toll will likely be high and victory will be costly. As the people of Rokugan recover, they will wish to celebrate success and remember losses. Not only will sake lost during the conflict need to be replaced, but there will be a greater demand in the months to come.

It is our duty to meet that demand and help the Empire through this hardship.

Carry the Fortunes.

-Isawa Miwako

Phoenix Clan ° Shugenja ° Diminished Water Tensai ° Togashi Trained ° Tattooed ° Healer ° Light Sleeper ° Dream Hunter ° Lunatic ° Married ° Mother ° Bee Queen ° Sake Overseer ° Rainmaker ° Experienced
Status 1.0 | Glory 3.0 | Honor: What's Expected

Carries/wears: Scroll satchel, tanto, wakizashi, jade, cricket

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:34 pm 

Quote:
My liege,

Things are rough here up north. You may have heard of the death of our beloved Emperor at the hands of a returned spirit and his followers at this point. Well, that army of spirits decided to head right for Toshi no Omoidoso. The governor has ordered the city evacuated, along with all the refugees that came here from the capital.

Your servants stand ready to defend these people from the spirit army to the last;
A Crab is not afraid of enemies from other realms, and this is no different. All we can hope is that those of other Clans see our resolve and valor, and show proper appreciation. If not, the Yasuki will do our best to help them see it.

Send any other instructions as needed, until then, we will hold out.

~the chop of Yasuki Yukarin~

Honor: Expected | Glory: 1.0 | Infamy 0.1 | Status: 1.0
carries: wakizashi, dice & cup, heirloom jewelry, pearl & jade necklace, tiny Daikoku statue, coin purse, hand fan, silk umbrella, bottle of Golden Carp, sake cups, personal seal

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:46 am 

Quote:

>Honk!<

~ webbed goose print ~

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:49 am 

Quote:

~chop of Bayushi Degarashi~

Typically carries: Wakizashi, parchment and charcoal, at least one medicine kit, a dark grey blanket, rope and grappling hook