It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 5:20 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: [D8 LM, Scorpion Embassy] Red (and Black) Alert (closed)
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:11 am 

Sukim awaited in one of the meeting rooms in the Scorpion Embassy, pacing as the tea waited for the arrival of the others. This was absolutely beyond the pale, and now a killing had happened. Were the Lion completely unhinged?

This is why I didn't want that Matsu holding the throne. This happens too often.

Maybe they were influenced by others?

Or maybe they're putting in a false face themselves.

Why do this over a slight in the middle of a war?!

Post subject: Re: [D8 LM, Scorpion Embassy] Red (and Black) Alert (closed)
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:20 am 

Without a sound, the door slid open. Without a shift in the dull light of the room, a figure entered.

Sukima's thoughts allowed Kitamaru to be seated before her before she looked up.

He picked up a tea pot and gestured with his hand for her to place her cup down.

"Yogo-denka, I would be honored."

When Allowed: Armor, Yumi/Arrows

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:22 am 

Degarashi arrived to the meeting as swiftly as he could, bowing to Sukima deeply as he entered. Concern was etched into his bland features as he found a seat, though he didn't dare speak until spoken to. Emergencies weren't common, especially amid crises, so whatever was going on must certainly be beyond terrible.

Typically carries: Wakizashi, parchment and charcoal, at least one medicine kit, a dark grey blanket, rope and grappling hook

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:34 am 

A new masked face appears in the meeting room, bringing with him the chill of a practiced, cruel authority figure. His mons, emblazoned on his stylish kataginu, mark him as a Bayushi-trained Soshi...and a clan magistrate, as well.

"Well, I'm glad I was able to arrive in time for this little engagement," he says, surveying the room. "The roads are - naturally - a touch rough at the moment. I am Soshi Tameaki, sent to represent our clan's interests in and assist in the organizing of responses to the current succession crisis."

Carries/Wears: Extravagant clothing, wakizashi, jitte, mask, fan, personal seal

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:15 am 

Sukima turned and bowed to those who arrived. Her expression was a serious, hard one, a moment where it was easier to see her resemblance to her relatives in the Imperial lines through the coloring. "Thank you all for coming. For those I haven't met, or have only met in passing, I am Yogo Sukima."

nodding to the Shosuro. "I would be grateful, Shosuro-san."

She settled down at the table in the room. "Have you all heard what occurred this morning, yet?"

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:19 am 

Degarashi glanced around the room, then back to the Yogo. "I have not, but cannot speak for my fellows." Something in Sukima's tone led him to lean forward and study her closely, taking in the details of her face, posture, and subtle body language.

He learned two things:

She was obviously concerned about something.

And she was very hard not to look at.

Typically carries: Wakizashi, parchment and charcoal, at least one medicine kit, a dark grey blanket, rope and grappling hook

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:24 am 

The Shosuro was too busy pouring tea for everyone to answer. It was the duty of a Shosuro to support the others, after all.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:03 am 

"I've only just arrived," Tameaki replies as he takes a seat and awaits his tea, "so presume I know nothing save the most basic details of the current crisis and begin your briefing from that point."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 4:54 pm 

"The Lion decided that the appropriate and measured response to the Crane barring them from their conversation the other day... was to trap them in their embassy," she said, making a solid effort to keep her voice even. "With the option to leave the city entirely - and become victims of the army on its way - or to disguise themselves as... not Crane."

"At this point, Kakita Airi is dead because she attempted to leave." the woman sighed. "While I am no fan of the Crane, we can't afford another war while the Steel Chrysanthemum is knocking on our door."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:17 pm 

It seemed a calculated move to Kitamaru. Crane too often prove prideful enough to die in their blues despite options.

"The option of disguise was given, not taken?"

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:22 pm 

"It would be a stain on their honor to do so. They clearly wouldn't take that option, so it's hardly a real choice."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:38 pm 

Crane practicality.

Kitamaru nodded.

"The Lion are our ally and host."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:39 pm 

Degarashi scoffed and muttered to himself, but loud enough to be overheard. "We'll be cut to bits within the city before the forces of the Steel Chrysanthemum even arrive at this rate."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:42 pm 

Kitamaru shook his head, clear disagreement there. Nothing was said however.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:45 pm 

Tameaki shrugs.

"I'm not known for my tact," he says, "but even I can but marvel at the discourtesy shown by the Crane, and to the Lion in a city that clan controls, no less. Whatever their reasons may have been, this action was foolish in the extreme. They are getting no less than they deserve, if you ask me."

His tone suggests that he'd be offering the same commentary just as readily even if you didn't ask him, of course.

"I would say...let the Crane sweat it out in house arrest for a day or two," the magistrate continues, "but let's get in contact with them quickly and offer to arrange a mediation, if no one else has. We might be able to extort some serious concessions from them, while at the same time not risking the appearance of directly opposing the Lion, our hosts and allies, in the matter."

He nods to Kitamaru, acknowledging the bushi's earlier observation, then sits back to hear any offered response.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:53 pm 

Chen arrived as well, though is seemed the discussion began without him, he didnt care he had his opinions of what should happen but at the end of the day he was a tool to be used and tools were rarely asked their opinion on a matter.

He walked through the embassy with a broad smile on his lips greeting samurai and peasant alike on his way to the meeting room. A small ruckus could be heard as his head was turned he accidentally bumped into a peasant carrying a pile of papers "gomen gomen." He said as he continued on his way walking through the meeting room door a frantic peasant picking papers behind him.

"Good morning minna-sama!" He exclaimed happily, bowing to each of them in turn "and good morning Yogo-sama." He said giving Sukima a deeper bow.

As he straightened he looked at her "we will have privacy during this meeting neh?" He asked the defacto leader of their little group.

When appropriate: Light Armor, Yumi

Profile Mask

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 12:21 am 

Bayushi Chen wrote:
As he straightened he looked at her "we will have privacy during this meeting neh?" He asked the defacto leader of their little group.

She nodded to him. "Of course."

Soshi Tameaki wrote:
"I would say...let the Crane sweat it out in house arrest for a day or two," the magistrate continues, "but let's get in contact with them quickly and offer to arrange a mediation, if no one else has. We might be able to extort some serious concessions from them, while at the same time not risking the appearance of directly opposing the Lion, our hosts and allies, in the matter."

"..." She could feel a headache coming on. "I feel the need to note that what is typically called for in a situation like this is discussion and public apology on the Crane's part and allowing a Lion envoy to participate in the future. The Crane are well aware of that, and the comparative extremeness of the response puts them in a better bargaining position for any concessions."

"As far as they're concerned, one of their high ranking people was just unjustly murdered, and the Lion have already expressed their absolute unwillingness to compromise on this subject. I doubt anyone is in the mood to be mediated with, but... I intend to speak with the governor after we break from this meeting. See what can be done," she said, rubbing her forehead. "We can't afford to have people killing each other in the street when the Steel Chrysanthemum is knocking on our door."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 12:29 am 

The Crane were not being their usual selves.

"They must stop posturing and apologize, agreed."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 12:37 am 

Chen almost immediately dropped his act when she mentioned they would be given privacy. His smile fled from his face leaving a disinterested neutral expression amd his eyes hardened.

"The crane and lion are both damned fools, childish." He almost growled as he found a seat. "The governor is the biggest fool of them all, confining the crane to their embassy over such a small slight as not being invited to the crane tea party?" Chen snorted in disgust.

"So what are we going to do about it?" He asked looking between those assembled.

When appropriate: Light Armor, Yumi

Profile Mask

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 1:14 am 

"If the Crane want to call it murder, then they're even more foolish for it," rules the tactless magistrate. "The Lion made their intentions clear, and the only purpose the attempt to violate the order - again, one within the rights of the governor to proclaim - could have served was to force the issue. To think that the Lion would cave, or indeed that they would do anything but what they said they would, is patently ridiculous. Likewise was the decision to challenge a Lion governor in his city during a time of war. We should not, then, and indeed must not be seen as in any way sympathetic to the Crane in this matter, lest we find ourselves repeating their mistakes."

Tameaki pauses to take a sip of tea.

"I will approach the Crane myself, to offer legal council and to urge them to abandon this self-destructive course," he continues. "Or, failing that, to push them along it in such a way as to avoid unnecessary Lion casualties. If they wish to commit suicide, then that wish will be granted, but not at the cost of this city's defense."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next