It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:22 am

Post subject: To You, Those Who You Barely Knew [Day 11, LM, Dragon]
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:16 am 

Still sat below the painting Togashi Mai continued her work on the addition to her tattoo that would honor Matsu Mogami. There was much work she had to do and it had only begun. Having all the time in the siege to dedicate and no other business yet requiring her attention.

Next was the tattoo that would honor the one who sought to honor her through his own work. Yet everything came in it's proper time and place, it was the only way to work.

So she worked, putting needle to skin.

Post subject: Re: To You, Those Who You Barely Knew [Day 11, LM, Dragon]
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:36 am 

Wasako returned from her morning stroll around the streets and returned to the Dragon embassy find a curiosity there. It wasn't a goose but someone who was still as equally curious to the Mirumoto and she was glad to see her. She gave her a few blinks to make sure it was indeed the Togashi and not an optical illusion.

"Mai-san! There you..." She exclaimed at first but quickly lowered voice once she noticed what she was doing. "...are...."

Character Profile • Art by Joanne Kwan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:31 am 

Careful to not disturb her positioning Mai remembered where her needle was, held her hand still as she could manage and then looked up from her work. Mustering up a brief if fleeting smile.

"Good morning, Wasako-sama," she erred away the side of caution, "may, I hope the morning has found you healthy? It has been some time since we last spoke."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:00 am 

She gave her a bow with an amused smile once she spoke. "Good morning...and I am doing well, thank you. It's good to see you and I hope you've been well? I suppose we did talk about you yesterday and I perhaps only realized that I haven't seen you in a while...

Her smile faded, "...it was concerning, especially after yesterday's events."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:38 am 

"Hai," she said solemnly. Lowering her gaze slightly she exhaled and with the air leaving her lungs so too did the building pressure go away.

"May, I am yet glad to see you are well Wasako-sama," she inclined her head. "We live in a moment in which such things are even less guaranteed than is typical. With such a notion I am yet gladdened to report that you have not had need for concern, Wasako-sama. For I am yet whole in body and mind if not spirit, but that in time will mend."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:31 pm 

Wasako went quiet for a moment, perhaps giving a small moment of silence for the departed.

After a moment, Wasako sat at a place where Mai could perhaps speak more comfortably without needing to think that she had to look up from her work to talk to her. She crossed her legs and placed her hands on her knees. "That's good to hear about your body, but I will hope for a recovery of your spirit. I understand such things won't come easily or even eventual. I don't know if it'll happen, really. Life has a sort of fluid meaning here, as I've found out a few days ago and something that I find myself still coming to terms with. Of course, that might have been always the case and I've been so naive about it in a faraway land."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:21 am 

Relaxing her neck somewhat with ease, as Wasako sat nearby, she listened and then thought for a time.

"May," she said, turning over the thought once more in her mind, "I have once before had to face the truth of what lay at the end of our path. Before I came to the Togashi, when I was young, there was one who I believe must have passed on but yet.. I dnot not know," she shook her head.

"Even now it is still a raw sensation, to feel the passing of a life. Though they are yet rekindled, I find that at this time we are to be lost without the like of their soul. There is a great sadness to seeing a beacon of light fade out only for the future to grow just a bit darker by the absence."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:00 pm 

Wasako sounded solemnly on that note and looked at the ground thoughtfully. "You've said it quite well, it almost does seem like the future has grown a bit darker without them here. Especially, at such a time when the Empire is likely at its darkest."

There were likely darker times but the loss of Emperor was still rather grave and there was an uncertain future ahead.

"...but I would have to imagine it would get brighter again, eventually?"

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 2:31 am 

"Hai, eventually, Wasako-sama," she said, a muted smile played up on her expression and a firm nod to boot. "So shall lady sun ever rise anew and bring the warmth across the land once more."

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 3:12 am 

"Eventually..." Wasako smiled at first on that hopeful note but that expression faded off as she looked up to the skies. There was sun but it wasn't the sort of sun that brought comfort. "It almost seem hard to imagine what that warmth might feel like, at least right now. I'm sure this is the sort of sun that we will have to earn and not assume that it will appear once we wake from this. It won't be easy but it will be well-earned."

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 8:49 am 

"Do.." she ponders a moment, looking at Wasako. Wondering for a moment before speaking, "Is there more that worries your mind, Wasako-sama? More that you would yet speak of?"

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 4:52 pm 

She gave a shake of her head, "I don't think what's on my mind isn't any different than what others might be thinking, maybe they aren't saying much about it. I'm a bit curious at how something like this would find an ending, if at all. I was under the impression that the Imperial legion was supposed to sweep in and stop the Steel Chrysanthemum but that seems doubtful with each passing day almost. They are probably still coming, I don't really know how military logistic works. I also wonder if it's something we'll just have to take into our own hands."

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 8:49 am 

"May, I would imagine that it would require many days to move so many people. As for they come with supplies. It is by far quicker that I alone can walk the distances that we have," she commented.

"Yet, every path is one that we must yet take into our own hands. For only can we walk ours. We may yet hope for their path to join ours but we cannot hope in looking forward to so doing and must ensure what safety we may without assuming that our path may yet cross."

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 4:39 pm 

She nodded soundly at this, never having served in an army before. "Hai, that's something that I was told earlier. I guess that worked to our advantage with the enemy. We did travel with a lot of people too but we also had Toshi no Omoidoso to thank for the time as well. Of course, we must do what we can until help and if help arrives. I just wish we could mount some sort of offensive in return but...that's an impetuous thought and she should favour a conservative approach while on the defensive."

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 4:02 am 

"May I understand the drive that would come to wishing that we may offer an offensive, and yet.. that is not what those who have yet sacrificed would have wished to die for. Not yet," she said, certain of that at least.

"When the time comes.. I am certain the stories of many glorious battles and the righteousness that is felt within the hearts of many of those who serve will deliver many unto the battle once more. That we will not allow the enemy to rest and seed further discontent while they yet stand. For the people of Toshi no Omoidoso and those who have sacrificed here it is at least earned that we wait for the safety of those yet behind these walls."

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 4:15 am 

"I don't long to rush into battle, to be clear," she gave a shake of her head. "I suppose I was just hoping to do something that matters. However, you are right that the time will come soon enough and this standstill we enjoy right now is more of a blessing than an annoyance. We should at least honour them that much but maintaining it until the time comes otherwise."

She let out a slow breath, "Perhaps, I'll get a tattoo after this is all said and done. As to what it may be, I haven't quite crystallized that in my thoughts yet. I'm perhaps less sure about that than what lurks in the future."

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 5:01 am 

"May, if you would permit me the honor. Upon your decision I would yet work the ink upon your skin, that I might bring to it your story. Though.. I yet might begin to form the ideas of what may best symbolize all that you are Wasako-sama," she said, a pause.

"We have spoken much, and I have ever appreciated your company, but it has yet served that I know much of your temperament and that will lead to a greater understanding. Just this conversation alone would show me much," she said.

"May, I would do all that I can that would honor your path."

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 4:12 pm 

Wasako propped one elbow on her knee and rested her chin on her hand, looking upwards in thought. "Hai, I was actually thinking of getting that tattoo done by you. It doesn't exactly seem very fair if I were to try to get others to volunteer without volunteering myself. Sorry I wasn't really able to get anyone else. They all seem rather cautious here, even the Crab and Scorpion," she chuckled.

She sat upright again with a shrug of her shoulders. "I'm not too sure that this chapter is exactly done, not yet anyways."