It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 1:55 pm

Post subject: [D12, LE, Scorpion Embassy] A Longer Visit (closed)
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 10:33 pm 

Degarashii had been dismissed for tonight. Having him here wasn't unlike a yojimbo, but she suspected Horonigai would prefer it be just them, and was capable of protecting her if something happened either way. So she set up tea and snacks for the two of them and awaited the arrival of her guest.

Post subject: Re: [D12, LE, Scorpion Embassy] A Longer Visit (closed)
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 10:44 pm 

Sukima's doos is gently scratched with a fan.

"Horonigai-desu." The Imperial announces from outside.

Gear: daisho, another classy fan, another extravagant furisode (or plain kimono and hakama), silk umbrella, jade obi dome (pendant), golden kushi kanzashi (head comb).
Duty/Outside: Armor Up!

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 11:03 pm 

Sukima rose to greet her guest, opening the door and stepping aside for her. Extra comfortable cushions had been arranged for them in addition to the refreshments. "Come in, Horo-chan."

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 4:21 am 

Horonigai appears dressed in her brown hakama with white kimono and a sort of a backpack strapped at her back. She bows to Sukima before entering. "Konbanwa, ne, Yogo-san."

Then, she takes a sliding step in and waits for her to shut the door. She glances at the pillows and scans instinctively as she was trained to do.

Gear: daisho, another classy fan, another extravagant furisode (or plain kimono and hakama), silk umbrella, jade obi dome (pendant), golden kushi kanzashi (head comb).

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 4:38 am 

She closed the door behind her and stepped over to the tea, smiling toward Horonigai. "You seem tense. Would you like some tea or sake?"

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 4:43 am 

The girl shakes her head, dismissing the apparent discomfort. "U-un. It is nothing, do not worry, neesan."

Horonigai lowers herself to untie the bundle at her back and lean it against the wall. She rests her katana over it and slides nearer to one of the cushions, replying back to Sukima. "Ne, I'm your guest, neesan. I'll be honored to partake what you would like."

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 5:19 am 

She poured tea for both of them - usually a good start. "And I'm supposed to be a gracious host. You're my guest, Horo-chan, and important to me anyway." She handed over the warm drink before coming around near her, settling on a cushion behind her and starting to undo however Horonigai might have had her hair up. "I want you to be happy."

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 5:36 am 

It was a simple topknot, nothing too fancy. There was also a headband to cover ears when in battle, but it wasn't held tightly like the other one she wore earlier today. Horonigai smiles at the caring words, and starts talking a bit, "Neesan is a gracious host. I am much better today, I'm glad the army marched on. It is small victory."

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 6:00 am 

"Yes... Though armies don't end sieges for no reason. Something must have caught our ancestor's attention that was more important than us," she noted softly as she pulled out a comb and began brushing out her hair once it was loose. "The idea of what that could be has be concerned."

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 1:38 pm 

Horonigai tries to explain from the point of view of one that has studied this art, "Un. Ne, neesan. Their intention is to capture the Throne at Otosan Uchi. Nikesake is nearly a city in the middle they could have taken to maintain a supply line. Since they weren't able to conquer it quickly, they won't lose momentum to reach the Imperial Capitol. I'm sure other legions on Crab, Scorpion and Crane lands are moving up to defend the city."

As the comb is pulled, the Seppun maiden closes her eyes, enjoying the feelings. "Hmm. This means they won't have all the advantage they could have in their attack. Not sure how much it will damage the enemy army, yet, a victory nonetheless."

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 1:58 pm 

"That makes sense... It's obvious if you put it that way," she said, sighing. "The fact that I am a politician and not a military strategist is showing. Horo-chan has a lot of ability in the arena."

She murmured the last, setting the comb aside and starting to massage her temples.

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 5:13 pm 

Not the seekrit spot, but close to an atemi strike. Horonigai's temples soothed her into mindfulness. "U-un. I'm not a good strategist. I get lucky with my guesses, sometimes... ok, most of the times."

She giggles. "As a Miharu, I'm actually more close to an yojimbo, but I never really had a direct assignment to protect a charge. What are neesan's plans?"

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 9:50 pm 

She moved her fingers slowly back to her scalp, starting to rub and occasionally lightly scratch. "It's too bad, you'd be good at it. I'm going to join the Imperial Court."

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 10:04 pm 

Damn. How can sh- The Seppun abruptly tries to tell herself as eyes go rolling up again. "I would..."

She manages to complete, "... Would like to return to the Imperial Court, neh! I would be great to be there with neesan."

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 10:10 pm 

She runs a little deeper, encouraging her to relax back against her. "I intend to become the Imperial Chancellor or Advisor... Depending on who takes the throne. I can't fight for it, but I want to protect the Empire and its people in my own way."

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 10:16 pm 

The scalp massage was incredible, but those words: they brought peacefulness to Horonigai's soul. She leans her back on Sukima, as encouraged.

"That's anm..." Some concentration is needed as it gets deeper. "Amazing news to me, neesan. I'm sure you would be an excellent addition to the Empire we'll forge after this turmoil."

Horonigai holds herself not to moan at the massage, but she smiles. "How could I help?"

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 2:42 am 

She slid her hands along the side of her neck, rubbing the muscles that held tension and slipping just under the neckline to reach them properly, then back up to the base of her head at the back. "It would be nice to see you more often, too. If there's something you can do to help, I'll let you know."

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 6:04 pm 

Sukima manages to find quite a few muscle knots on Horonigai's shoulders as she moves her hands. The Seppun lets a sigh out as if being treated out of a wound. Every time the massage goes up at base of the head, the Imperial straightens up in relfex. "Un. Please, so. If you intend to get as high as Imperial Chancellor or advisor, it is important to make sure the one in power trusts you. Quite a challenge in the current situation."

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 8:44 pm 

"With Hantei Tokiyo-sama that would be no problem," she started as she returned to her scalp. "I doubt the Steel Chrysanthemum truly trusts anyone. As for Seppun Kato-oniisama... I doubt he does either, by nature of his methods not giving him many long term fans. I suspect that he will need a decently talented person to butt heads with at least to some degree or he'll get... Bored." Not something anyone wanted. "I'm not the genius he is, but I can do that much."

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 9:46 pm 

Horonigai starts to relax her body so much and nearly melts over Sukima. She slides down until her head lays over the other woman's lap. The Seppun smiles at her cousin while looking up at her. "Ne, Neesan. I hope that you get into that position, and I'll do what I can so you make it, honor permitting me. I wonder how strange the future will be without a true Hantei in the throne for a longer period."